Is This Goodbye?

bluesfan55

It’s been a ride, Yukon. I never thought I’d be in this position. Coming from a non-power in Iceland where football is the main sport doesn’t help your chances of making the pros, yet here I am, a top 10 prospect in my class. I’m surprised that Yukon took me to be honest. I’ve gone over this before, but I was shocked beyond belief when the Rush picked me. I hadn’t heard anything from the GM (sup @Josh.). I’d expected to go way earlier, so my main point was to prove everyone else wrong. I mean, I think people didn’t think I’d go very high due to my lack of production with Yukon (I scored 0 points in 19 VHLM games last season to go along with one playoff point), but I thought my TPE growth spoke for itself. The season started off rough. I was struggling, the team was struggling, and we were sitting out of a playoff spot. Yet, we pulled it together. The trade for John Frostbeard helped, which added an active and producing winger to compliment HHH [Hunter Hearst Helmsley] and Val[eri Morozov]. That gave us two potent attacking lines. If the top line didn’t score, Anthony [Matthews], Sami [Van Den Dreissche] and myself would come out and attack. It led to an abundance of scoring. Anthony (101 points), HHH (125 points), Val (85), and myself (77) all finished over a point per game in the regular season, with John (69 (nice)) not far behind. So, going into the playoffs, I knew we could do some damage. And do some damage we did. We made the wildcard series and swept Las Vegas 2-0, winning by a combined score of 8-6 (both wins in overtime). It was a hell of a series, as Las Vegas came out guns blazing. Clayto’s steady tending kept us in the games and ultimately won us the series. I don’t care that both games ended in OT. Clayton came up clutch. The series against Minnesota was different, however. We just didn’t seem to find our feet. We lost in 5 games. Our high-powered offense would finish with more than 5 goals in a game once, scoring 6 in our only win. We scored 4, 2, 3, and 1 in the other games. That’s not good considering Minnesota scored 6 in two different games. We just couldn’t score in that series. Minnesota knew our game and bested us at is. Props to them. John came alive in the playoffs, leading us in scoring with 12 points. HHH was steady as ever with 11 points, and Anthony and I both finished over a ppg as well. Ant had 9 points, and I had 8. And now it’s almost draft time. Am I going straight to the pros after this season? I don’t know and can’t say for sure. But if I do, I want to thank everyone involved with the Rush. To our GMs @Josh. and @Gooningitup for running a great team. To guys like @Dangles13, @Beaviss, and @Anthony Matthews for being good teammates. And to the fans, who kept us going during the tough times. I’ll never forget my time in the Canadian wilderness, and I hope you guys remember me.

538 words

To say HHH was as steady as ever is a misconception.

He had a 5 point night in our only win against Minny.

So the other 6 games he had 6 points.  He was as steady as the end of the season, but not what he should have been.

@hedgehog337 might be a nice line mate for me - we already have chemistry ;)

1 hour ago, Anthony Matthews said:

To say HHH was as steady as ever is a misconception.

He had a 5 point night in our only win against Minny.

So the other 6 games he had 6 points.  He was as steady as the end of the season, but not what he should have been.

@hedgehog337 might be a nice line mate for me - we already have chemistry ;)

:morganglasses:

just saying that you can't be steady if you go 0, 0, 1, 5, 2, 2, 2 (or whatever you went)

Steady for you is like 5, 5, 5, 5, etc.  We had high expectations for HHH.

But it looks like his ceiling was reached too early in the season....

Edited by Anthony Matthews
needed another jab at HHH