Julius Freeman's Press Conference

rjfryman

9 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

1. How can a VHLM player have the chance to win MVP for next season?

If you mean a VHLM player win MVP of the VHL, then thats tough since they would need to join a team that is weak in only that position and get first line minutes and have one of the best seasons ever by a rookie. In short Great Team - that one players position, have best season by a rookie ever.

If you mean a VHLM player win MVP of the VHLM, then that seems a little more likely and I would say either get lucky with what team drafts you in that it's a good team but not a super team. This year Minnesota in my opinion is a super team. They are amazing and might very well likely win the whole thing. But if you ask me who the MVP from that team would be it would be super tough since if you take away any 1 player there would be an equally good player to take his place. However when you look at Yukon with HHH yes he had a good surrounding cast but in the end he lead that team and they lived or died base on his performance at times. To me MVP is more than just best player on the best team because if you go by that you look at the super teams its hard to say who the best player is. So you need a good team but not a super team and be the best player on that team that goes decently far.

9 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

2. How well the player should be built to have a chance to win MVP?

I think since MVP is normally from a goal scorer I would simply look at Defense, Scoring, and Puck Handling. If you have those pretty well you will be a scoring machine. If you get those decently high you will out perform everyone else on the ice. If I picked a 4th skill it would probably be skating, but that one is nice to have where as the 3 above are musts. That being said, that is just from what other people have told me and what articles I have read rather than me having intimate knowledge of the sims.

Thank You for those questions @Jtv123 

On 4/17/2019 at 2:29 PM, Sullvino said:

1.) What pick do you see yourself going in the S66 Entry Draft? 

I see myself dropping to maybe the 4th overall Pick this Draft. #1 and #2 are almost all but locked. I would be more supriesed in the GM's who don't go with the sure fire picks. #3 is tough when I look at @Bushito and his Calgary Wranglers. They have a number of Wingers who could play ahead of me and when I look at players around me in the draft I see @gorlab "Jet Jaguar" being the same TPE as me but in a position that Calgary actually needs in Center. That means I drop to 4th where Vancouver's only LW is an aging Konstantin Mulligan, whom I may not beat out right away but could be the LW of the future for the team. It could work out well. 

On 4/17/2019 at 2:29 PM, Sullvino said:

2.) If you could play with any other S66 draft prospect in the VHL, who would you pick to play with?

If we are going based solely on whomever I could pick It would have to be HHH since my playmaking ability matched with his sniper ability would lite up any team that would come against us.

Thank you so much for the questions. @Sullvino

• 2 weeks later...

1. Are you gonna be disappointed if Freeman gets drafted outside of TOP 5?

2. Some of members are putting him as #2 though. Are you glad or that means more pressure?

3. Is there any teams you would like to play for more than others?

4. Fav member so far?

5. Are you more a discord or forum person?

6. Would you be interested to be a VHLM/VHL GM in the future?

7. TOP 3 draftees in TPE are from USA. USA>Canada?

8. And how about some Scandinavian players being better than Canadians?

9. Do you think the draft order will be exactly like community mock draft?

10. Do you see yourself playing the whole career in one team?

@rjfryman

5 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

1. Are you gonna be disappointed if Freeman gets drafted outside of TOP 5?

2. Some of members are putting him as #2 though. Are you glad or that means more pressure?

3. Is there any teams you would like to play for more than others?

4. Fav member so far?

5. Are you more a discord or forum person?

6. Would you be interested to be a VHLM/VHL GM in the future?

7. TOP 3 draftees in TPE are from USA. USA>Canada?

8. And how about some Scandinavian players being better than Canadians?

9. Do you think the draft order will be exactly like community mock draft?

10. Do you see yourself playing the whole career in one team?

@rjfryman

1. I won't be disappointed. If I drop lower that just means there is a chance I get on a team that is only missing a piece or two. It will take some time getting used to the idea but I will just be excited to play and get used to the ice in the VHL. Everyone is seems bigger so I need to get used to that.

2. I am glad that people are seeing my skill, and determination. I would be lying if it weren't pressure as well, since I have been thinking about the players above me since I joined, and to have more people see what I am capable of is always a good thing.

3. There are a few teams that I would rather play with but that has more to do with preference than anything else. There are only a few teams that I actually won't rather not play for and those are the teams where they already have their clear #1-#2 set for the next few years. I don't want to spent my career as a #3. I want to join either as the 1st or 2nd option at LW and prove through what ever metric we have that I'm the clear cut choice going into the future. 

4. Well I don't know who my favorite is yet. I think I'm still new but here is my top ten in no order. @Sharkstrong, @SirRupertBarnes@Banackock, @Thranduil, @Bucky___lastard, @Spade18, @FrostBeard, @Beaviss, @Renomitsu, and @gorlab I either like talking with, reading what they have, appreciate their work, or have spent enough time around them to be like they are really cool people and I either want to be better friends or something nerdy like that. Also I just used Random.org to randomize the list.

5. I love the immediate feeling of discord but I dislike waking up and having to scroll up to see what I missed. I love feeling on not missing anything in the forum since there is a clear read or not on each piece of work. So it always feels good clearing that out and trying my best to see what is going on. That being said I could see why some people got annoyed with my talking in every vhlm game, but I'm still trying to figure out a balance.

6. I think I want to learn under some smart people first, I am currently the agm of the Halifax 21st that is a nice thing, but I don't know if there are rules against also being agm of VHL team. That could also be interesting learning from some of the great VHL GM's we have. I would be interested in the future but right now I am more interested in making tools to make VHL and VHLM GM's job easier when it comes to the draft. As well as making a cool mock draft generator for next offseason.

7. That is something time will have to tell. Yes the top three are all USA but will they be for their whole career? I know I will do my best to make it so that Julius is seen as an all time great hopefully in the hall sometime but who knows. Also who knows what S67 will look like at their draft. I also don't know enough about past seasons yet to see where the countries fall. Hopefully by the picking of World Cup I can have something built for those GM's to help them pick great rosters.

8. I think with all things when you look at an individual level you will see cases of people rising to where ever the challenge is. Right now in S66 I think that is HHH, He is the bar that we must all judge against. Will I be able to match it, IDK? That does not mean I will not do everything in my power to do my best though. As far as an Scandinavian player I have no doubt that any player can do great things. 

9. No because I voted in them. I still don't know the GM's well enough to know what they like/dislike. What they prefer in a skater or not. I have seen so many mock drafts or people opinions and the only constant I have seen is HHH goes 1st overall. I think the community got that right but after that it is hard. This is apparently one of the deepest drafts we have ever had, with a lot of returning players, lot of first gens, and a lot of players who are able to play right away. As well as a number of really good s65 players who stayed down in the vhlm last season. Honestly there will be a lot of really good rookies next year making the rookie of the year race really hard.

10. If its a team that treats me right and respects me. Most likely yes. Also if I am in a leader position Ill probably do something stupid like take a hair cut.

Thank you so much for the questions @hedgehog337

Edited by rjfryman

3 hours ago, rjfryman said:

1. I won't be disappointed. If I drop lower that just means there is a chance I get on a team that is only missing a piece or two. It will take some time getting used to the idea but I will just be excited to play and get used to the ice in the VHL. Everyone is seems bigger so I need to get used to that.

2. I am glad that people are seeing my skill, and determination. I would be lying if it weren't pressure as well, since I have been thinking about the players above me since I joined, and to have more people see what I am capable of is always a good thing.

3. There are a few teams that I would rather play with but that has more to do with preference than anything else. There are only a few teams that I actually won't rather not play for and those are the teams where they already have their clear #1-#2 set for the next few years. I don't want to spent my career as a #3. I want to join either as the 1st or 2nd option at LW and prove through what ever metric we have that I'm the clear cut choice going into the future. 

4. Well I don't know who my favorite is yet. I think I'm still new but here is my top ten in no order. @Sharkstrong, @SirRupertBarnes@Banackock, @Thranduil, @Bucky___lastard, @Spade18, @FrostBeard, @Beaviss, @Renomitsu, and @gorlab I either like talking with, reading what they have, appreciate their work, or have spent enough time around them to be like they are really cool people and I either want to be better friends or something nerdy like that. Also I just used Random.org to randomize the list.

5. I love the immediate feeling of discord but I dislike waking up and having to scroll up to see what I missed. I love feeling on not missing anything in the forum since there is a clear read or not on each piece of work. So it always feels good clearing that out and trying my best to see what is going on. That being said I could see why some people got annoyed with my talking in every vhlm game, but I'm still trying to figure out a balance.

6. I think I want to learn under some smart people first, I am currently the agm of the Halifax 21st that is a nice thing, but I don't know if there are rules against also being agm of VHL team. That could also be interesting learning from some of the great VHL GM's we have. I would be interested in the future but right now I am more interested in making tools to make VHL and VHLM GM's job easier when it comes to the draft. As well as making a cool mock draft generator for next offseason.

7. That is something time will have to tell. Yes the top three are all USA but will they be for their whole career? I know I will do my best to make it so that Julius is seen as an all time great hopefully in the hall sometime but who knows. Also who knows what S67 will look like at their draft. I also don't know enough about past seasons yet to see where the countries fall. Hopefully by the picking of World Cup I can have something built for those GM's to help them pick great rosters.

8. I think with all things when you look at an individual level you will see cases of people rising to where ever the challenge is. Right now in S66 I think that is HHH, He is the bar that we must all judge against. Will I be able to match it, IDK? That does not mean I will not do everything in my power to do my best though. As far as an Scandinavian player I have no doubt that any player can do great things. 

9. No because I voted in them. I still don't know the GM's well enough to know what they like/dislike. What they prefer in a skater or not. I have seen so many mock drafts or people opinions and the only constant I have seen is HHH goes 1st overall. I think the community got that right but after that it is hard. This is apparently one of the deepest drafts we have ever had, with a lot of returning players, lot of first gens, and a lot of players who are able to play right away. As well as a number of really good s65 players who stayed down in the vhlm last season. Honestly there will be a lot of really good rookies next year making the rookie of the year race really hard.

10. If its a team that treats me right and respects me. Most likely yes. Also if I am in a leader position Ill probably do something stupid like take a hair cut.

Thank you so much for the questions @hedgehog337

This is one of the most detailed answered press conferences I've seen. Also love the mention man! It will be hard shutting you down ?!!

• 7 months later...

Bana's Quick Q's

What are your thoughts on your season?

What are your thoughts on how your team is doing?

Who do you think wins MVP?

Who has been your teams best player?

If you were to drop the gloves with any other VHLer, who would it be and why? don't be afraid to tag a bitch. 

Who makes it to the finals out of North America?

Who makes it out for Europe?

If the VHLM were to move Mexico but keep logo/name, where would you rebrand em to?

What are your thoughts on 12 days of Christmas?

What are you doing this year for the holiday season?

What are you hoping to get for presents this year?

Tell the league and those who lurk creepily reading these... a fact about you as a member.

[A few for your to pick and answer etc]

@rjfryman