Rookie Profile : Andrei Mikhailov [1/2]

Big Mac

Name: Andrei Mikhailov

Height: 6'8

Weight: 230

The Russian native, has traveled the world and is making his next stop 'The VHLM' and hopefully the VHL. He is a hit or miss prospect with a lot of talent. The thing is are GMs interested. Only him and the GMs know. Let’s see if he can impress some GMs or AGMs. Here is the quik summary.

16BABAD0-9A25-4E60-9063-95DC2FEDFC9E.thumb.jpeg.8559e3986e9cacbc8d1057dbb26f0070.jpeg

Scouted Stats

Upsides

Scoring: "Kid is a natural when he shoots. It’s almost like he’s telling He puck to go in. Whether it’s a slap or a wrister; it clearly doesn’t matter. He claims to work on his scoring every week. No matter what is going on in the day even in an accident; he still finds time." Another reporter said, "It’s gonna be struggle for deffensemen and goalies to block his shots. I could see him having at least 30 goals." Some fans in Russia will say "He’s a great shooter, he keeps his eye on the puck and the goalie, and I think he makes hard plays look easy, and not everyone can do that."

Skating: "Kid is skates gracefully for someone his size. There isn’t much you can say." Mikhailov said "As Americans say 'The Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree' ,as my dad was a professional Olympic skater, I was trained regularly by him and it's become a natural thing." Some commentators say "He isn’t a phenomenal skater, but don’t sleep on him, and he definitely skates better then his shorter forwards/ defensemen, and it’s rare for a bigger man to have such control."

Checking: A scout said "I’m not saying his defense is good. I’m not saying his checking is great, but he is definitely on par with most of his young talent out there. He trys his best to keep the puck off of the oppisition's stick ,and unlike most he succeeds." The Same scout has something to say about his body checking "He isn’t an aggressive player, but if he’s going for a hit it’s gonna be a big one, you just have to hope he doesn’t make mistake and get a penalty called on him."

Downsides

Discipline: "He is a very person to heat up, unless you’re a fan he’ll turn into a monster. Which will definitely get him penalty minutes."

Passing: "He isn’t a playmaker. I see potential in his playmaking, but I’m gonna have to say it He is almost 'selfish'. He doesn’t like being told what to do with the puck, if you tell him to pass he won’t listen. When he does it is okay, his passing is also nearly horrid." He has also been said to 'Not practice passing' which isn’t a good sign.

Defense: "He tends to slack on defense. He seems not caring to much about covering the puck. He’s either talking to a fan, or chattering with a ref. As we said earlier he can poke check but he is a slacker on defense. Teams might pass on him due to this."

• 1 month later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Rookie Profile : Andrei Mikhailov [1/2]