Boone Jenton: Farm Boy At Heart [2/2]

FakeJenton

Boone Jenton: Farm Boy At Heart

Early Life:

Boone Jenton’s story began on July 24th in Grand Rapids Michigan. Boone’s father, Boone Sr., played for the local AHL team when he was younger and had such great memories from those times that he decided to return to raise his family. Not only that, his father was able to use the money he had earned while playing the purchase a small farm on the outskirts of town. In doing so he knew he would be able to instill a strong foundation for honest hard work, and even more importantly, a love for the game of hockey. Thanks to his father Boone was skating as soon as he could stand on two feet, and helping with chores around the farm soon as well. Boone quickly developed a love for the game and a respect for honest work. He was fortunate enough to have a sheet of ice his father would make for him in an open area of the farm so he would spend any free time he had working on his game and developing his skills to the top of their ability. That is as long as his chores were done, whether is be bailing the hay for the stables or wrestling the pigs back in to their pens, Boone did what had to be done and would be back on that ice as soon as he could. Little did Boone know at the time, but his father had another hidden motive for all the seemingly back-breaking work he was putting on Boone’s plate. Not only did it instill an appreciation for hard work, it developed the strength that Boone is known for on the ice today. By the time Boone started playing organized hockey, not only did the coaches notice that he had amazing skills, but that there were just no other players physically built like him either. Boone seemed to just shrug off any attempted checks or pressure from opposing players and could return the physicality ten-fold. Which came in especially good use since he was a defensemen, following in his fathers footsteps. This strength gap would only widen as he grew into a teenager, and with a combination of the skills he had honed, Boone was soon on the radar of all of the coaches of the top teams in the area. Boone was recently asked about his physical prowess had started to develop at such a young age and responded with a lighthearted quip,

"Sure some of those other guys out there were just as big as me, but none of them were as strong as our prize winning sow Peggy so I figure I had a pretty strong training partner growin' up. I knew if i could handle her, I could handle any of those guys out on the ice."

2076001730_BoonesFarm.png.1d9c2da898ea9140f96638f1d67aed5a.png
Boone's Farm: His childhood farm and where it all started
 Hockey Career:

Throughout Boone’s adolescent years he always played for the local small town hockey team, many of the parents and coaches that watched him believed that he was a big fish in a little pond. Some of which voiced their opinion to Boone and his father, but they both agreed that the farm was more important for the time being, especially since Boone was an only son and pretty much the only help his father got aside from a few seasonal workers that weren’t worth a darn. So Boone continued playing for the local team and when he reached high school he played for the school team as well. Always making sure he would be able to get home and help his dad with the important tasks of maintaining the farm. However, towards the end of his high school career, that’s when things began to change. After leading his team to back-to-back state championships and being named Michigan’s high school athlete of the year his final season he had a number of scholarships offered to him from the top collegiate hockey programs across the nation.

After discussing with his father, the only mentor he had through his life so far, they agreed that this was too great of an opportunity to pass up. Boone was going to go play hockey for the Wolverines at the University of Michigan. Still close enough for him to make weekend trips back to the farm to lend a hand when needed. Many thought this would be a rough transition for Boone since he didn’t know much about life off the farm, but he made his presence noted right away. While at school he had much more free time due to the fact he wasn’t doing chores each day, and he dedicated all that extra time to developing his game. Whether he was in the gym doing strength & conditioning, working drills at the practice facility, or studying game film with other teammates and coaches. Boone was eating, sleeping and breathing hockey. He quickly rose up the ranks of the D-men and became the top defensemen on the team by the end of his freshman year. On top of his on-ice ability, his work ethic off the ice, and the respect from the players because of it, he began to rub off on the team and many of them were beginning to join him on his off ice training. The team was beginning to run like a well oiled machine, and by Boone’s junior year they were the top team in the nation. 

With the type of nation-wide publicity Boone was getting while on the Wolverines, it was just a matter of time before the heads of USA hockey really started to take notice. He was offered an opportunity to represent the nation on the USA World Junior team. Boone continued with his success there as well, quickly after joining the team he was named a captain and helped lead the team to their silver medal placement in the 2019 World Junior Championship. 

Boone.jpg.ecf86bd8ccea661de213ca09111582d6.jpg
Boone competing at the 2019 World Junior Championships for Team USA

Looking Into The Future:

Boone knows he has been blessed with the opportunities he has had, and knows he will always be a farm boy at heart. But he believes he is ready to take the next step and put his name into the draft prospect list for the VHL. He hopes his skill, determination, and hard work will continue to bring him success and he will be an important addition to any team that he has a chance to play for.
Edited by FakeJenton

Review:
Really good biography, I really enjoyed the story plus the addition of pictures boosted my immersion. It would be cool if you included some more but maybe smaller pictures to add additional info. The whole story was well written and the path of you having your father as a mentor is really inspiring to anyone.
Overall I'd say this is a really solid biography, Nicely edited, good pictures. Good job ?.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Boone Jenton: Farm Boy At Heart [1/2]
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Boone Jenton: Farm Boy At Heart [2/2]