[S65] Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

DollarAndADream

[S65] Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is where the league votes for the Most Outstanding Player in the VHL! Not the most valuable or best two-way which are voted by the Awards Committee, but those can definitely be a factor.

Who do you believe was the MOST OUTSTANDING?

@Members

(If you feel someone was missed out on, you can possibly nominate, but I believe I covered all bases)

What is the criteria for being nominated for 'most outstanding', list is missing players who had 100 points (Thompson, Smirnov as examples) and generally had great seasons but don't even get nominated for it? Seems backward. 

Edited by Peace

3 minutes ago, Peace said:

What is the criteria for being nominated for 'most outstanding', list is missing players who had 100 points (Thompson, Smirnov as examples) and generally had great seasons but don't even get nominated for it? Seems backward. 

Does it even matter? We all know whos gonna win this.

2 hours ago, Peace said:

To me 'outstanding' would be uniquely great or exceptional when compared to (primarily) the other players in the league that season and (secondarily) the general historical performance

I can't read the minds of whoever made this list but to me Thompson and Smirnov had good point totals but as far as forwards go Dahlberg and Bailey's hit totals were more impressive.  So there's nothing particularly impressive about Thompson or Smirnov's seasons when someone like Dahlberg had a similar point total with more hits (and Bailey had less points but a HUGE hit total), someone like Arroyo/Dragomir who had a relatively low hit total but more points.  Or even someone like Louth who had a similar point total but was top 3 in the league in goals.  Then there's the defensemen who are outstanding for their point totals as defensemen along with their other stats (particularly Kovalchuk who I'm surprised didn't get more votes).  Then there's the goalies.

Also, this is more of a general note for the whole thread than a response: Why isn't Sebastian Ironside on here?  Just based on what I saw when checking the index he should be nominated.

6 hours ago, Peace said:

The list I originally put up for the poll had like 15-20 players on it. I took off some, including Thompson and Smirnov, because I figured it's mostly a win for Arroyo anyways. It's less to do with being "nominated" and more to do with just putting everyone up there who got a lot of points to vote on.

• Victor unpinned this topic