Finals Game 7: Helsinki vs Toronto (Livesim)

Devise

25 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

lol yes the proper name for the trophy. 'Continental Cup' makes no logical sense. Is there a separate playoff based on teams from each continent?

Exactly the way of thinking that leads to a lack of change or at least discussion and consideration.

Why do we need to change anything when there is nothing wrong with Devise simming?  It’s impossible to have someone with no ties to a team. 

9 minutes ago, BOOM™ said:

Who is going to sim then? If not a GM, then a player on a team, that still has GM input. Unless there is a rotating roster of simmers, so a game can be simmed by someone with zero affiliation to either team. 

By the way, congratulations Toronto. 

This

also it was live simmed to avoid this issue

Screw lucky rabbit's feet.if i was you @Beaviss would give up on peace feet, save the cute bunnies and  go get me some @Devise feet because there is no way he just got another cup with out being the luckiest SOB on the planet.

If I was on Helsinki I would be raging ... just saying...

3 minutes ago, Advantage said:

This

also it was live simmed to avoid this issue

if you are going to live sim something you don't do a partial job, it just makes you look more guilty.

Why only 5/7?

I have no doubt everything is legit but now it looks suspect,  anyways this none of my business as it is not my team.

34 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

Please tell me we're not actually having this conversation.

If someone doesn't trust the integrity of the league, you might as well leave.

After doing these leagues for 12-13 years I can tell you more often than not there is cheating of some kind and people I would never have thought of I have caught. I think if you want to say well fuck it I trust the guy so everyone else has to as well, is pretty sad. I'm not saying he did anything wrong but it's what you are going to get when a GM sims and it's super easy to avoid.

11 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Why do we need to change anything when there is nothing wrong with Devise simming?  It’s impossible to have someone with no ties to a team. 

It's not, just have multiple simmers, one of them will not be on a team involved in the finals or even playoffs. I have volunteered many times.

12 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

I have no doubt everything is legit but now it looks suspect,  anyways this none of my business as it is not my team. 

Seems contradictory to your first post. 

16 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

if you are going to live sim something you don't do a partial job, it just makes you look more guilty.

Why only 5/7?

To answer only the why question re the live sims, Games 5/6 were done after Beketov (our other simmer) had to go away on holidays and I also had to do VHLM. I wound up getting busy and since my office is next to someone who sleeps at certain hours, I was not in a position to be able to live sim them. I initially didn't think it'd be a big deal (and it shouldn't be) after HSK won game 5, because realistically speaking nobody would be claiming that it was rigged if HSK won in 6. It is why I absolutely confirmed to a livesim for Game 7, because I knew that in any event TOR won this would come. 

18 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

Why only 5/7?

Because of time restrictions? He lost one of those two if I’m not mistaken. 

People are reaching too hard here. It doesn’t look suspect at all. 

Congrats to the Legion. Doing quite amazing after my blunder of a GM phase in Toronto.

As someone who's been on both sides of the STHS sim, there's definitely no conspiracy. STHS chooses who it wants. We just put in the numbers and hope for the best. I've been, what I considered fucked over plenty. I've always won plenty of games that made no fucking sense to win.

In most EHM leagues now, no playoff-team GM is supposed to sim any playoff games. Especially once you start getting into the semis or finals.

Not because anyone is suggesting that everyone would cheat if this wasn't in place, just to nip that argument in the bud before it even becomes possible.

Not sure if it would actually be feasible here, but I just want to point out the thinking behind it.

I'm admittedly biased, but I don't think there's anything fishy. If the Titans win, is the issue still raised today? 

I don't like gms simming and said as much last season. That's a separate issue imo to the assertions that are being cast here after the Toronto win. 

14 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

damnit now he's gonna rig the VHLM

Honestly I'm so disconnected from the VHLM (and always have been, even when I have players there) that I couldn't even tell you who plays for who. So I'm looking forward to simming and not paying attention to the results. :P 

Props to a hard fought series by both sides. Sucks that people want controversy where there is none. Sims are random and don't ever work how we want them to. He live simmed most games but had to do two non due to time constraints. No biggie. People are reaching in a fantasy hockey game that is meant to be fun. There is always next season folks.

Good luck to all next year

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

So someone has to say it...basically until we have a non GM simming the playoffs these games will have seriously negative stigma. How this has been allowed for a second straight season is irredeemably nonsensical. Throw yet another asterisk on the winning team of the Victory Cup which is supposed to be the top award of a player and GM's career. But boy does this cast a dark cloud. Hate to say it. The inside knowledge of how the sim operates and its applied seasonal settings is incredibly valuable.

1. Victory Cup is regular season, let’s just get that out of the way.

2. Jardy GMed when he was simming, so did Will O believe. It isn’t that unusual.

3. Devise did this live, as he did for all games except game 6. Couldn’t really have cheated if he wanted to. Quik and I trust him.

4. Plans were already in place that we’ll be swapping between VHLM and VHL every season so sill have the VHL next year.

5. If you think he cares enough about sim performance to cheat you are quite mistaken.