Finals Game 7: Helsinki vs Toronto (Livesim)

Devise

• Commissioner

Obviously I came In kinda late to all this, a guy’s gotta sleep, but still.

The way the licenses work make it pretty tough to have more than maybe 3 simmers at any given time. Right now the people with it are @Devise, @Quik (so both were involved) and myself while @Will is MIA. So really all three were in the playoffs and two were in the finals. Combined with the finals happening over a long weekend I’d say getting as many live sims in as he did shows that’s Devise wasn’t doing anything fishy. It’s not feasible to train a new Simmer every season just to avoid potential conflicts when the live sim showed that plenty.

As I said to Devise before the finals, I trust him as much as I’d trust anyone. There’s no need for controversy here.

• Admin

For what it's worth I think this is a weaker Helsinki team than last season and a marginally better Toronto team, so last season was more dubious in my eyes but Stopko.

I'm not sure why the semifinals weren't live simmed either season though and they were the ones with the more controversial results. From memory Jardy live summed just about any close series he was involved in personally.

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

I'm not sure why the semifinals weren't live simmed either season though and they were the ones with the more controversial results. From memory Jardy live summed just about any close series he was involved in personally.

tbf our series was only 5 games long. So I guess...not that close? 

4 minutes ago, Victor said:

marginally better Toronto team

tbh I'm failing to see how this Toronto is marginally better. A bunch of players that already regressed, including The Charm who I suppose isn't better than Ironside, at least on paper. and the obvious difference between Stopko and JHC. The only thing Toronto really got better is defence. 

• Admin
13 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

tbf our series was only 5 games long. So I guess...not that close? 

tbh I'm failing to see how this Toronto is marginally better. A bunch of players that already regressed, including The Charm who I suppose isn't better than Ironside, at least on paper. and the obvious difference between Stopko and JHC. The only thing Toronto really got better is defence. 

Well if you're gonna rig it you're gonna rig it quickly before people start asking questions. ?

dunno, for me the improvement of Ball and Bronstein to Malenko and Boucher offsets the downgrade from Ironside, if only slightly. Think they were less reliant on one line this season.

5 minutes ago, Victor said:

Well if you're gonna rig it you're gonna rig it quickly before people start asking questions. ?

dunno, for me the improvement of Ball and Bronstein to Malenko and Boucher offsets the downgrade from Ironside, if only slightly. Think they were less reliant on one line this season.

I'm more of a fan of star power doing wonders thing tbh. 

The more I'm trying to understand STHS the more I understand nothing. I guess I'll just start to think this sim engine is a pure lottery. Maybe that will do it!

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

I'm more of a fan of star power doing wonders thing tbh. 

The more I'm trying to understand STHS the more I understand nothing. I guess I'll just start to think this sim engine is a pure lottery. Maybe that will do it!

I think in years where parity is low star power obviously does a lot more. However right now league parity is very high. So even with Seattle and Riga winning in the regular season it doesn’t guarantee much come the playoffs because teams like Helsinki and Toronto aren’t bad teams, just slightly worse. The playoffs have always had a bit of a coin flip aspect to them so that’s just gonna get more and more random as team quality gets closer together.

Just like the NHL, especially this season, the better team on paper won’t always win. I think we’ve all just gotten used to a lot of seasons without much parity so the upsets were less common.

Also Toronto has both @tfong and @Green. That’s the ultimate playoff luck.

This is the first player I've had that has won more than one cup, plus I got the game winner. If I followed sim results more than just a cursory glance anymore, I'd actually be really excited about this

• Admin
3 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

This is the first player I've had that has won more than one cup, plus I got the game winner. If I followed sim results more than just a cursory glance anymore, I'd actually be really excited about this

Kerkko did didn't he?

That said, did notice you and Warlock racing up the cup wins chart. Unsung heroes.

1 minute ago, Victor said:

Kerkko did didn't he?

That said, did notice you and Warlock racing up the cup wins chart. Unsung heroes.

If he did it was after I went inactive, which means you as the historian would know better than I would, so I trust you that he did

• Admin
Just now, diamond_ace said:

If he did it was after I went inactive, which means you as the historian would know better than I would, so I trust you that he did

Haha, I just remember him being part of the threepeat at some stage, was not massive active myself to realise if you were.

7 minutes ago, Victor said:

Haha, I just remember him being part of the threepeat at some stage, was not massive active myself to realise if you were.

I think I got acquired during the threepeat as a decent depth piece (had something like mid 400s tpe, not terrible but also not what you get from 8 seasons of me typically, even now). Not sure when exactly - don't think I was there for all of it, but might have doubled

THIS THREAD IS AN OUTRAGE! I definitely haven't just shown up and thrown shade down! THE FIX IS IN.

However, the days of Tampering are long, long gone.. so yea be upset, but sometime sim gunna sim.

• 2 months later...