Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

For the week ending 12/1:

1. We've made some signings within the past few days, bringing in three new forwards. How do you feel about this?

2. We're in third place at the moment. Any chance we'll catch either Saskatoon or Mexico?

3. You could play for any team in the VHLM that you want, other than the Hounds. Which one is it and why?

4. If the Hounds could get together and do a community project in the city, what would it be?

5. Any favorite movies or TV shows you'd like everyone to know about?

6. Who has the best sig on the site?

@AnthonyOuellet @Ckbruinfan @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @LTB @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Tigris @Radcow @Spyro @Justin Frisk @god @Elias Östling @Spaz

2 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. We've made some signings within the past few days, bringing in three new forwards. How do you feel about this?

2. We're in third place at the moment. Any chance we'll catch either Saskatoon or Mexico?

3. You could play for any team in the VHLM that you want, other than the Hounds. Which one is it and why?

4. If the Hounds could get together and do a community project in the city, what would it be?

@AnthonyOuellet @Ckbruinfan @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @LTB @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Tigris @Radcow @Spyro @Justin Frisk @god @Elias Östling @Spaz

1. I feel that we are bolstering our depth and giving our top dogs more freedom to dominate on the score sheet.

2. We will pass Mexico and claim 2nd place before playoffs, I don't think anyone will catch the Wild but we will give them a run for their money.

3. I love playing for Mississauga, but if I were picked up by another team I wouldn't have minded playing for the Ottawa Lynx again.

4. I would love an open friendly scrimmage with the fans, to give everyone a chance to step on the ice with us and do some breakaways or take some shots.

5. The Dragom Ball franchise is a classic that I watch with my son, I don't have a favourite movie but I like a lot of different action and sports films.

6. That's a tough one, I haven't seen everyone's but there are some incredible ones out there. I want to cop out and say me because I want to make a good SIG that reflects me.

1. depth is good, so I feel the signings are good.

2. We will catch Mexico for sure. We are hot right now. So hot right now.

3. I’m not traitorous filth so refuse to say any other team. I’m a Hound for life.

4. Repairing run down rinks to provide more ice time for minor hockey programs.

5. Started watching Watchmen. So far so good. Mandalorion is good so far as well.

6. I’m going to Cop out as well and say Spyro has my favourite sig.

4 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I feel good about it, the more the merrier.

2. I think we can catch Mexico, but Saskatoon will be a challenge.

3. If I could choose any team, I would just stick with Mississauga tbh. We’ve got a great team and a good environment.

4. Probably to build a statue of Rice with the cup, in preparation for the moment our captain inevitably holds it this year.

5. Not much of a TV/Movie guy, but prison break is solid.

6. The Sasakamoose vs Summers one is really good, I can’t remember if cx used it as his sig or if Summers did though.

8 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Being one of the new forwards my opinion is happy and excited and hoping I'll be able to take some weight off our star players 

2. Anything is possible we just have to keep grinding and not let the momentum up we have a great team and I feel at worse we will end the season second place but we have to focus on winning one game at a time.

3. I love this team so far and I don't see it changing but if I had to choose any team I would have to say that I can't afford to be picky haha.

4. Raise money and support the children's hospital put a big smile on their face because their smile through all the pain they face makes it all worth it.

5. Not big on shows or movies I did just finish Brooklyn nine nine though.

6. I haven't really seen many but the ones I have seen are pretty good but if I had to choose it would have too be Jimmy Spyro's

1. The Hounds look more or less average out of the gate. What are your opinions on this? Should we be doing better or worse than we are? 

The hounds look more average out of the gate. I think we should be doing just what were doing because were doing really good this season and we have some really good players 

2. How do you feel about the way your player has performed so far this season? 

I have not played a game yet but I hope I will do good but I think it will take a couple games to put up a point

3. Which Hound, other than yourself, are you most excited to see perform this season? 

I am most excited to see Kris to play because hes a really good tpa and has alot of points.

4. Are there any teams out there that you feel we should be looking out for at the moment? Which ones? 

I think we should look out for Saskatoon because there 22-1 and have scored 129 goals 

5. What do you think is our biggest need at the moment? 

I dont really know at this point 

6. If one of our players were to win league MVP, who do you think is most likely to do it and why? 

If one of our players to win league MVP would be Patrik because he has 95 games played and 115 points

16 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Evidently it's worked out amazingly. The closer we can get to having 4 full lines banging all game long the better we're gonna get.

2. Definitely, we just have to keep playing hard, getting pucks in the net, and win some hockey games.

3. Probably on whatever team @Gwdjohnson and @DaftRaincloud are on they're cool dudes.

4. Pick up garbage next to the highway. #trashtag

5. The Mandalorian is pretty good, people should know about it but I think they already do because of baby yoda.

6. I'm gonna be honest I haven't noticed a single person's sig because I'm never on the forums so I'm just going to say @Berocka

For the week ending 8/12

1. Saskatoon are on a 29 Win streak do you think it can be stopped?
  2. We are almost halfway through the season (we probably are as you answer this) predict our final Win-Loss-Overtime Losses numbers
  3. Tallinder is having great success leading the league in Goals, Game winners and Hat Tricks. Are you apart of his success and what do you think makes him so successful?
  4. For the first time in a while we do not have a player in the top 10 for hits or penalty minutes, are we just a disciplined team or do we like to win games without being physical?
  5. What is the most typical hockey phrase you can give to this question?
  6. Berocka takes the team on a trip to Australia, what do you go and see, what do you want to avoid?

@AnthonyOuellet @Ckbruinfan @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @LTB @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Tigris @Radcow @Spyro @Justin Frisk @god @Elias Östling @Spaz @Molly gunnerson 

Spoiler

@GustavMattias Did I miss anyone, sorry for stealing your job.

13 minutes ago, Berocka said:

For the week ending 8/12

2. We are almost halfway through the season (we probably are as you answer this) predict our final Win-Loss-Overtime Losses numbers
  3. Tallinder is having great success leading the league in Goals, Game winners and Hat Tricks. Are you apart of his success and what do you think makes him so successful?
  4. For the first time in a while we do not have a player in the top 10 for hits or penalty minutes, are we just a disciplined team or do we like to win games without being physical?
  6. Berocka takes the team on a trip to Australia, what do you go and see, what do you want to avoid?

@AnthonyOuellet @Ckbruinfan @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @LTB @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Tigris @Radcow @Spyro @Justin Frisk @god @Elias Östling @Spaz @Molly gunnerson 

Reveal hidden contents

1. I'm not sure if anyone can slow the Wild down but I want to put an end to their reign.

2. As we were around 31 GP with 21 Wins, I feel that at 72 GP we will have a record around 48-17-7.

3.Tali has been an absolute monster for us! I feel he has created a lot of his own success and has good teamwork with any teammates around him. He elevates everyone's game and always comes in clutch when we need him.

4. I just like to keep on winning. I feel by not having to face as many opposing power plays, we aren't letting in as many goals. Less goals against is always a good thing to me!

5. We just gotta keep things simple, put pucks in deep and leave it all out on the ice.

6. I wanna see some aussie BBQ! Who doesn't love to eat? I would avoid any seafood though.

1. Saskatoon are on a 29 Win streak do you think it can be stopped?

1. There is a very simple answer to this question. No. 

2. 55-13-4

3. I have been apart of his success more when the season started. Still now on the powerplay, it is easy work for me when I’m able to dish the puck to such an incredible goal scorer. The way he trains is what make him so successful on the ice.

4. For the first time in a while we do not have a player in the top 10 for hits or penalty minutes, are we just a disciplined team or do we like to win games without being physical?

4. We just win without being physical. A modern style of speed and skill is what this team is made of.

5. What is the most typical hockey phrase you can give to this question?

5. Every day is a great day for hockey.

6. Berocka takes the team on a trip to Australia, what do you go and see, what do you want to avoid?

6. I want to avoid Australia. To many predators and spiders. Just so many damn spiders. I’d just head over to New Zealand.

4 hours ago, Berocka said:

For the week ending 8/12

Reveal hidden contents

1. Doesn't look likely.

2. I believe we could go 50-15-6 on the year.

3. I unfortunately can't say that I am and it's because he doesn't stop grinding and putting 100 percent into everything he does whether it's practice or a game it's not in his nature.

4. We're focused on winning and you can't win if you're sitting in the box most of your shift.

5. You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take~Wayne Gretzky.

6. The kangaroos so I can box with it and I would want to avoid the kangaroos because I'm sure I'll get my ass kicked if I try to box with it.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:39 AM, Berocka said:

For the week ending 8/12

Reveal hidden contents

1. Yeah, I mean it’s bound to end at some point, right?

2. 50-17-5

3. I appreciate the praise, and I think what makes my player successful is my consistency earning TPE week to week. He’s hit a bit of a rough patch offensively lately, so hopefully he can start contributing more again soon, especially when playoff time comes around.

4. I think we’re just a team who isn’t overly physical, and win with skill rather than brute force.

5. We just have to get pucks in deep.

6. Well I’d want to go see the animals in australia and maybe avoid snakes, cause those are a yikes and a half.

Yeah they suck at hockey

1. We are almost halfway through the season (we probably are as you answer this) predict our final Win-Loss-Overtime Losses numbers

61-8-3

1. Tallinder is having great success leading the league in Goals, Game winners and Hat Tricks. Are you apart of his success and what do you think makes him so successful?

I will be soon, I think he learned from Dahlgoat

1. For the first time in a while we do not have a player in the top 10 for hits or penalty minutes, are we just a disciplined team or do we like to win games without being physical?

We're pussies, that's all

1. What is the most typical hockey phrase you can give to this question?

Gotta get pucks in deep ya know and outwork them ya know, To win we gotta just keep getting those pucks deep and work hard, right now we aren't getting enough pucks deep so we need to get more pucks in deep

1. Berocka takes the team on a trip to Australia, what do you go and see, what do you want to avoid?

I go to see the Syndey Opera House cause it seems cool, but I definitely avoid the wildlife

1. Saskatoon are on a 29 Win streak do you think it can be stopped? If it gonna be stopped Its gonnna be the Hounds to do it!
  2. We are almost halfway through the season (we probably are as you answer this) predict our final Win-Loss-Overtime Losses numbers. 56-12-4
  3. Tallinder is having great success leading the league in Goals, Game winners and Hat Tricks. Are you apart of his success and what do you think makes him so successful? As im just joining im not apart of his current success but hope to help in the end of the season, He has incredible accuracy on his wrist shot with some great speed he's able to get lots of chances and finish them 
  4. For the first time in a while we do not have a player in the top 10 for hits or penalty minutes, are we just a disciplined team or do we like to win games without being physical?being new to the team its hard to judge but seeing the talent on the roster id have to say the team plays a disciplined game.
  5. What is the most typical hockey phrase you can give to this question? Teamwork makes the Dream work
  6. Berocka takes the team on a trip to Australia, what do you go and see, what do you want to avoid? I would definitely check on the Great Barrier Reef, I would avoid the city of Hobart as its got a reputation to be a dangerous city.

For the week ending 12/15:

1. We've got our roster set for the rest of the season! How do we look, and how do you feel about our chances?

2. It's obvious that we got some great signings, but did we do the best? Should we have gone for anyone different?

3. Rewind to the beginning of the season. @Motzaburger tries to get me to sell again, and this time I agree to it. What ridiculous thing do I make him do for Tallinder?

4. @Nykonax has been annoying me about the lines already. What do I do to punish him?

5. Do we remain in second place for the rest of the season? Does anyone have a chance to take over?

6. Out of our three recreates (Vikingstad, Oferson, and Davis), which one to you looks the most promising and why?

@AnthonyOuellet @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Spyro @Justin Frisk @god @73MPL4R @Molly gunnerson @JDGraves @Nykonax @DilIsPickle @Josh

1. We've got our roster set for the rest of the season! How do we look, and how do you feel about our chances?

1. We look deep. Our team has performed very well and I feel our chances will only improve.

2. It's obvious that we got some great signings, but did we do the best? Should we have gone for anyone different?

2. Yes we did do the best. I wouldn’t change anything.

3. Rewind to the beginning of the season. @Motzaburger tries to get me to sell again, and this time I agree to it. What ridiculous thing do I make him do for Tallinder?

3. Three 1st round picks and a podcast praising Gustav the entire time. 

4. @Nykonax has been annoying me about the lines already. What do I do to punish him?

4. I can’t judge. I whined about being on the second line all season haha. I still can’t get a chance to play with Talli even though I’m up on the first! So I say let him continue to be annoying haha. 

5. Do we remain in second place for the rest of the season? Does anyone have a chance to take over?

5. We remain 2nd by season end but I think Mexico City will definitely be right on our heels.

6. Out of our three recreates (Vikingstad, Oferson, and Davis), which one to you looks the most promising and why? 

6. I like Vikingstad. His build is more well rounded than the others. 

7 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. We've got our roster set for the rest of the season! How do we look, and how do you feel about our chances?

3. Rewind to the beginning of the season. @Motzaburger tries to get me to sell again, and this time I agree to it. What ridiculous thing do I make him do for Tallinder?

4. @Nykonax has been annoying me about the lines already. What do I do to punish him?

6. Out of our three recreates (Vikingstad, Oferson, and Davis), which one to you looks the most promising and why?

@AnthonyOuellet @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Spyro @Justin Frisk @god @73MPL4R @Molly gunnerson @JDGraves @Nykonax @DilIsPickle @Josh

1. I think we look really good, hopefully we can challenge Saskatoon for the cup this year.

2. I think we got all really good players and people to join us. I’m confident we have the right team.

3. 1st round picks all the way until I retire from the VHL.

4. Put him in net.

5. I think we stay put. Hard to catch up to Saskatoon at this point, but we’re good enough not to drop imo.

6. I’ll say Davis cause he caps out just from his job every week, and already donated.

1. We look amazing, especially with me on it

2. Ya get rid of that dil bum and go for dollar

3. Bring the drunk bird cult to mexico

4. Don't listen to me would be a punishment

5. No, Sask is shit at hockey, we can beat em if they lose every other game

6. Oferson easy, he's already got more points than the other 2

4 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I feel the Hounds could become "top dog" in the playoffs and I love our chances to contend for the cup!

2. You did a great job with the signings G, I wouldn't change anything at all.

3. Nooo thank you. I don't want to even ponder the possibility of that happening.

4. I say we roll with what works, and give it our best effort to make this season one to remember.

5. We are currently the same distance from 3rd as they are from 4th. I feel the gap may vary but we will lock down this 2nd place till the end.

6. I love the energy they all bring on the ice and in the locker room. I can't say which one will out perform the other yet but they are all skilled assets to our team and we are lucky to have them.

1) We finally beat Saskatoon, how did that make you feel?

2) What do you think our lineup should be when we first take the ice at the start of a game?

3) Mexico have beat us twice, why do you think that is?

4) Spyro is sick at practice who do you put in goals?

5) What is the best locker room experience or moment you have had so far?

6) Gustav gets promoted and I lose my job as AGM, who do you put as the management team for the hounds?

Edited by Berocka

1) We finally beat Saskatoon, how did that make you feel? Good it was my first game in the lineup playing against them so i feel i could help make a difference.

2) What do you think our lineup should be when we first take the ice at the start of a game? i think it should be Wright - Tallinder-Rice  Olsen-Clarke Spyro

3) Mexico have beat us twice, why do you think that is? They have a Lots of depth to there roster with competitive players on the ice all the time.

4) Spyro is sick at practice who do you put in goals? Deflections and screens are the best way because straight up hes got it almost every time!

5) What is the best locker room you have had so far? This is the first locker room ive been in, its pretty good though!

6) Gustav gets promoted and I lose my job as AGM, who do you put as the management team for the hounds? Nykonax and Spyro

1 hour ago, Berocka said:

2) What do you think our lineup should be when we first take the ice at the start of a game?

6) Gustav gets promoted and I lose my job as AGM, who do you put as the management team for the hounds?

1. It felt right and I'm itching to beat them again!

2. F: Talli - Wright - Ricer / ? Clarke - Olsen / G: me ofcourse (Spyro)

3. They have been bulking up their depth and scoring, they are are not a team to sleep on.

4. If I had the night off from playing net at practice, I would love to see Berocka and Gustav between the pipes on either side.

5. Every day in the hounds discord is amazing, but on draft day when I first entered the locker room I'll never forget the warm welcomes and spam of emojis. That day I knew I was meant to be a part if this team and have loved each day since!

6. Glowy and Nykonax, either role for each would be jokes.

9 hours ago, Berocka said:

1. I’m really happy we were the ones to do it.

Forwards:

Tallinder-Wright-Rice

Defence

Clarke-Davis

Goalie

Spyro

3. They’re a good team, and I guess some teams just have your number. I feel like we’re overall a better team, but they’re finding ways to win.

4. I’d put frost in. The guy is 6’8”, it should come naturally for him.

5. Probably during my VHL draft, when me, Sasakamoose and Rice went in the first round. It was fun seeing everyone’s names go off the board and congratulating them.

6. cxsquared for GM, because he has experience with the hounds and as an AGM, and for the AGM position I’d have Spyro, because he’s always helping out with stat and overall reminders in the locker room.