Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

12 hours ago, Berocka said:

1) We finally beat Saskatoon, how did that make you feel?

2) What do you think our lineup should be when we first take the ice at the start of a game?

3) Mexico have beat us twice, do you think that is?

4) Spyro is sick at practice who do you put in goals?

5) What is the best locker room experience or moment you have had so far?

6) Gustav gets promoted and I lose my job as AGM, who do you put as the management team for the hounds?

1.Felt good to beat the Wild but we haven’t been as good since.

2. Tallinder-Wright-Rice

Clarke-Davis

Spyro

3. I think it’s because Talli and I are still separated.

4. Our backup? Frisk?

5. Just being a part of the hounds locker room in general is the best experience. Everyone is fairly active and the conversations are hilarious.

6. I would put myself in the AGM position. I’m active enough I could help out but don’t think I’d be able to be a GM.

Edited by Krice13

On 12/15/2019 at 5:17 PM, Berocka said:

1) We finally beat Saskatoon, how did that make you feel?

2) What do you think our lineup should be when we first take the ice at the start of a game?

3) Mexico have beat us twice, why do you think that is?

4) Spyro is sick at practice who do you put in goals?

5) What is the best locker room experience or moment you have had so far?

6) Gustav gets promoted and I lose my job as AGM, who do you put as the management team for the hounds?

@AnthonyOuellet @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Spyro @Justin Frisk @god @73MPL4R @Molly gunnerson @JDGraves @Nykonax @DilIsPickle @Josh

1) Feels good to finally get the monkey off our backs.

2) Definitely Dick Cheezy that guy's a stud and I heard he makes good burgers.

3) CX is just too much of a mastermind for us to beat.

4) Gotta be K Rice so he can improve his two-way game.

5) Mississauga I guess? Only been here.

6) Definitely Glowy and CX. Maybe Nyko can help too.

PLAYOFF TIME! Get those updates in before Friday for maximum power.

1. We've officially finished in second! How happy were you with the regular season as a whole?

2. Our most likely course of action in the playoffs (if we win each round) is Ottawa-Mexico-Saskatoon. How confident do you feel about each round?

3. The Hounds saw many records being broken, including points, goals, and assists. Is this due to a thinner league or the cap rising to 250, or would it have happened anyway?

4. What do you plan on doing for Christmas (if you celebrate it)? If you don't celebrate Christmas, are you doing anything cool on the 25th anyway?

5. At least one VHLM GM job will be open this coming offseason. Any interest in one day moving up the ladder a bit?

6. What are your plans for your player? Going up or staying down, or is it still too early to tell?

@AnthonyOuellet @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Spyro @Justin Frisk @god @73MPL4R @Molly gunnerson @JDGraves @Nykonax @DilIsPickle @Josh

7 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. We've officially finished in second! How happy were you with the regular season as a whole?

2. Our most likely course of action in the playoffs (if we win each round) is Ottawa-Mexico-Saskatoon. How confident do you feel about each round?

3. The Hounds saw many records being broken, including points, goals, and assists. Is this due to a thinner league or the cap rising to 250, or would it have happened anyway?

4. What do you plan on doing for Christmas (if you celebrate it)? If you don't celebrate Christmas, are you doing anything cool on the 25th anyway?

5. At least one VHLM GM job will be open this coming offseason. Any interest in one day moving up the ladder a bit?

6. What are your plans for your player? Going up or staying down, or is it still too early to tell?

1. As a whole I believe we played great for the majority of the season, personally I wish I did more in my only season here.. so I'm not satisfied until we win the cup!

2. Starting off in Ottawa, I'm happy that they made it this far after I left. Otherwise no mercy, I want to prove how Elite our team is by sweeping them. Mexico I could see going to game 7 but I believe we will beat them no later than 6 games. Sask is a monster but we proved we can slay them.. I want to be optimistic and say we best them in game 7 for the cup, because hockey is poetry.

3. Our team is unreal and only a select few of our Elite players have reached the 250 cap so I believe the team woukd have broken those records even at a 200 cap.

4. It's my son's first christmas so he get's to try and open gifts (he's a baby) and more family dinners!

5. I feel that I am still pretty new to the league and have too much going on in my home life for that responsibilty yet.

6. I would love to stay with the Hounds but as I have exceeded the 250 cap for the minors I think I might be called up to the Wolves as a back-up goalie.

Edited by Spyro

21 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I’m happy with it, I feel like we did well overall and got better as the season went along. 

2. I’m a little nervous for Mexico City, because they’ve had our number recently. I still have confidence that we can beat them though. We’ve also shown that we can beat Saskatoon, so the finals will be interesting should we make it.

3. I think the 250 cap definitely helped because it created a bigger divide between weaker and stronger players. 

4. Eating too much.

5. I’m not sure, I feel like it would be fun, but then I might have to stop making my draft articles since it would be smarter to keep the information for my team rather than give it out to the public.

6. I’m planning on moving up, which is kinda bittersweet cause I’ve only ever been a hound since I joined.

2 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I think it went well, beating sask later on was a good sign

2. Very, we can beat each one easily

3. I think both honestly, the 250 TPE cap will be a new era

4. Staying home, relaxing I guess

5. Sure

6. Well, I kinda have to stay down, but I am going into the draft :(

1. We've officially finished in second! How happy were you with the regular season as a whole?

1. I was very happy. The team exceeded my original expectations by a long shot.

2. It’s playoff time, I’m never confident. I’m nervous but I do think we have the right squad to get it done.

3. I do think it would have happened anyways but I happened so soon because of a bit of both reasons. The cap rising obviously helps with having players in the VHLM being more scored.

4. We drove 17 hours to be with family for Christmas! We are going to start with Gibson’s shots in remembrance of a family member who passed and then start opening gifts with the kids.

5. Absolutely. I find it difficult to even get a sniff at it but i will for sure apply

6. What are your plans for your player? Going up or stayingdown, or is it still too early to tell?

6. I will be going up as I’m at the cap.

16 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Very happy. I've quickly gotten into a groove after being traded here and it's all looking up for me.

2. Saskatoon scares me but I think we've got the others in the bag.

3. It would've happened anyway but I think the raised cap really helped.

4. Staying home, chilling, playing whatever games I buy with my Christmas money.

5. Definitely. Maybe not now, but I would love to have that job someday.

6. Assuming I can make it to the cap before season start, I'll be moving up, but I would have no qualms about staying in Mississauga.

On 12/22/2019 at 10:52 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. Very happy i think we did really well and i was able to slot in and help make a difference in some wins!

2. I think we can make it to the finals with Saskatoon and from there i feel it could go either way!

3.Id say its a little bit of both with the cap rising your seeing the better players get even better and the competition this year didn't seem to match whats on our roster!

4.This year will be me and my GFs first Christmas together and in our first home so we are pretty excited!

5.maybe in the futrure but for now id just like to improve as a player.

6.Id say ill be spending more time in the VHL!

ROUND 2 TIME! An update a day keeps the @Motzaburger away...

1. The Hounds had seemingly no trouble getting past Ottawa in round 1, as we pulled off the 4-0 sweep. What stood out to you about that series?

2. What do you think happens against Mexico this series? Who wins, and how many games does it take?

3. Who do we have to watch out for on the Kings' roster? Who will do well against us?

4. Which Kings player will we shut down, conversely?

5. Which Kings player would you match up with in a fight on the ice? Feel free to let the tags fly.

6. Who will perform the best out of everyone on our team in this series?

4 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. The Hounds had seemingly no trouble getting past Ottawa in round 1, as we pulled off the 4-0 sweep. What stood out to you about that series?

2. What do you think happens against Mexico this series? Who wins, and how many games does it take?

3. Who do we have to watch out for on the Kings' roster? Who will do well against us?

5. Which Kings player would you match up with in a fight on the ice? Feel free to let the tags fly.

1. what stood out to me is that i could contribute well with the team and its proving that im getting better in Mississauga

2.i think itll be a real tight series and have us come out on top in 7 games

3.Ben storm and Liam rooney are guys we really have to keep an eye on and i believe Ben Storm will play best against us! 

4.i think we will shut down Benson Kramer keeping him shut down will help us alot.

5. i would match up best against Leon Gutzwiler we have a good size comparison

6.i think itll be Kris Rice performing the best but Patrick Tallinder could be the guy as well

44 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Stop

2. fucking

3. Pinging

4. Me

5. You

6. Shit

1. Depth players stepping up offensively to make easy work of Ottawa.

2. Hounds win. 4-2 series. 

3. Jaxon walker has been producing well offensively. Also Stone Wolski in net.

4. If we play our game we can shut down the offensive threat of Walker and Nyko.

5. Walker because he’s my RW nemesis. Death to Walker. 

6. Who will perform the best out of everyone on our team in this series 

6. Spyro will be the series MVP. 

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

1. What stood out to me the most was the fact that we only let up 5 goals in those 4 games while still producing some nice offence.

2. Mississauga Hounds, 4-0.

3. They have a few top rate players with some good shooting and passing skills, always something to take note of as a goaltender. 

4. Walker, but I want to shutout their entire team just as bad.

5. If anyone comes near my crease, they are getting a blocker to the teeth.

6. This is where Kris Rice proves to everyone why he is our Captain-- and dominates the Kings every game.

On 12/29/2019 at 6:58 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. Kyl Goaterson's 3 point game

2. We'll take the first 2, Mexico gets 1, we get 1, mexico gets 1, and we end it game 6

3. No one, none of them are good

4. Shush (Censored) @SDCore kid sucks at hockey

5. Shush (Censored) @SDCore kid sucks at fighting

6. Kyl Oferson easily

On 12/29/2019 at 9:58 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. Everyone seemed to be contributing, and no one really stole the show. I like the depth that shows.

2. I think we take it in 6.

3. Omdahl is one that you really need to watch out for, and I think he could be an important factor in this series. 

4. I’m hoping we can shut down Summers, as he can be a very dynamic player as well.

5. If I’m gonna fight, I might as well get a good player from Mexico City off the ice for five minutes as well. I’ll go with Walker.

6. I’m gonna say Spyro holds it down in net and steals the show.

On 12/29/2019 at 5:58 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. Ola Vikingstad. What a fucking stud eh?

2. We already won. BECAUSE MOTZA IS POOOOOOPOOOOOO

3. No one, we fucking won

4. Bro. None of them. We won...

5. I don't know any of their names. I don't care. We won.

6. Ola Vikingstad. He's such a fucking stud eh?

• Commissioner

The biggest thing for me was just how dominant we were in each game, 3 of them weren't even close. I think on average we out shot them by about 20 each game!

I think that we shut them down defensively and their goal tending is unable to keep up with our shot count. Can't see it taking more than 5.

Tallinder has been dominating so far these playoffs so I think he'll continue that performance. 

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

The biggest thing for me was just how dominant we were in each game, 3 of them weren't even close. I think on average we out shot them by about 20 each game!

I think that we shut them down defensively and their goal tending is unable to keep up with our shot count. Can't see it taking more than 5.

Tallinder has been dominating so far these playoffs so I think he'll continue that performance. 

But josh... this series is already over?

• Commissioner
Just now, Dil said:

But josh... this series is already over?

Yeah and... ? I'm answering how my player would have answered at the start of the round.

1) We came 2nd which is the best the Hounds have ever placed, who do you think was the person who had the most impact

2) In the line up to shake hands after game 7, did you say anything to any of the SSK players or Management?

3) What are your plans for next season?

4) How do you feel about losing 4-1 in the series?

5) What do you plan to do in the off season?

6) Which S70 player for the Hounds do you think will go highest in the VHL draft?

1 minute ago, Berocka said:

1) We came 2nd which is the best the Hounds have ever placed, who do you think was the person who had the most impact

2) In the line up to shake hands after game 7, did you say anything to any of the SSK players or Management?

6) Which S70 player for the Hounds do you think will go highest in the VHL draft?

1. Has to be Rice or Spyro. Which one? Absolutely no clue. They were both so consistent through the season and allowed us to stay so high in the standings.

2. Just congrats, and that their team was amazing this year. 

3. Well, hopefully I can play for Riga, and have a good rookie season with them.

4. Not stressing about it. Saskatoon was a great team, and I’m glad we at least put up a fight. 

5. Keep earning TPE, and covering the draft as it approaches. 

6. I think I would pick Graves. He’s been really great in terms of earning TPE since he joined.

5 minutes ago, Berocka said:

1.i think Kris Rice had the most impact for the team hes a great captain.

2. yea just told them that they had a great season and good luck next year.

3. Once i find out where ill be playing i just wanna get settled with the team and hope to continue getting better like i have this season!

4.Its tough i think we could have took the series longer.

5. im really excited for the draft so i just wanna train and get stronger and ready for the next season.

6. Dick Cheezy hes had a good season for us and i think he will get selected late first round to 2nd round

27 minutes ago, Berocka said:

1. Kyl Oferson, huge on and off the ice

2. Fuck you to @Peace (both his player and coach... jk luv ya peace)

3. score... lots of scoring, on and off the ice

4. I feel terrible, but we only lost like 2 more playoff games than sask soooo

5. Your mom

6. idk anyone who is s70, spyro if he is