Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

2 hours ago, Berocka said:

1) We came 2nd which is the best the Hounds have ever placed, who do you think was the person who had the most impact

2) In the line up to shake hands after game 7, did you say anything to any of the SSK players or Management?

3) What are your plans for next season?

4) How do you feel about losing 4-1 in the series?

5) What do you plan to do in the off season?

6) Which S70 player for the Hounds do you think will go highest in the VHL draft?

@AnthonyOuellet @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Spyro @Justin Frisk @god @73MPL4R @Molly gunnerson @JDGraves @Nykonax @DilIsPickle @Josh

1. Rice and Talli were the dynamic duo for our team. They had record breaking seasons and carried us into the finals!

2. I tried to be a good sport so I said congratulations to most of the players.

3. It's time for me to get called up to the Vancouver Wolves and start my path as a back-up.

4. Honestly I'm bitter about my 2 absolute garbage performances in the finals. Nothing I can do now but I feel like I got screwed over statistically.

5. After I move everything ajd my family to Vancouver it's time to train to hecome the greatest goaltender the VHL has ever seen!

6. Graves, he is a steal imo. I think he will sneak his way into a very high draft spot.

Good morning, good evening, good night my sweet Hounds! It's time for another week, and with that, another press conference. I don't think it really needs to be said at this point, but for you boys and girls who don't understand just yet, you can answer any three of these questions for 1 TPE or any 6 of these questions for 2 TPE. If you don't answer them this week, I WILL find you. You don't want that! Answer honestly, because I'll know if you don't!

nuclear explosion GIF

1. New season here in Mississauga. What are your goals for this season?

2. Is there anyone you would like to see join the team?

3. Why is @GustavMattias the worst?

4. Why is @GustavMattias the best?

5. If we were to, say, hypothetically, overthrow him, who would you like to see replace him?

6. Is anarchy the best choice for the Mississauga locker room? Please explain your reasoning.

7. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

8. If you're new, what are your thoughts on the team so far? If you're not, where do you hope to end up next season?

9. You find @GlowyGoat at a football game. What kind of drink do you buy her?

10. @Berocka has officially given his heart and everlasting soul to Satan. How would you try to save him?

11. What's the best flavor of Jolly Rancher?

12. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Let's get some more press conference questions, peepz! You can answer any three of these questions for 1 TPE or any 6 of these questions for 2 TPE. If you don't answer them this week, I WILL find you. You don't want that! 

1. What's your earliest memory?

2. What's your proudest moment?

3. Do you have any bad habits?

4. How do you feel about our boy @Berocka becoming our new benevolent overlord?

5. How would you like to see Berocka change the team up, if at all?

6. Do you miss @GustavMattias?

@Adil @GlowyGoat @AnthonyOuellet @goldenglutes @BigIrish @Giles Rigel @Apoc_Chaos @Thunder70 @Hawkins309 @Battlepopcorn @aleks

23 minutes ago, DoktorFunk said:

Let's get some more press conference questions, peepz! You can answer any three of these questions for 1 TPE or any 6 of these questions for 2 TPE. If you don't answer them this week, I WILL find you. You don't want that! 

What is my proudest moment? Personally I think being drafted to this great team of Mississauga Hounds, it just shows the progress of my hockey career, from me playing as a young boy to now.  All my experience in hockey, coaches lessons are finnaly being used and one day hopefully being in the VHL, but at this moment that was my proudest moment.

How do I feel about @Berocka?

To be fair, I think good things about new coaches, players, and all the staff of teams if they are new because they obviously had a good reason to be in the position that they are, I am one of the newiest member of this team so I don't have much say with this topic, but I feel like some changes are for the better.

How would I like to see @Berocka

change the team up?

I have no real thing to say to this question, except for make this team actually a team win or lose, just make us prideful of who we play for.

1. Oof, my earliest memory...from what I recall my earliest memory was from the night before I turned 4. I remember I was snuggling with my stuffed dog in bed, and my mom was worried because I was wheezing. (I don't have asthma, we found out it was a lung disorder.)

2. My proudest moment I believe was the I made the game-winning shot when I played basketball for my town.

3. A bad habit I have is being barefoot around the house during the winter.

4. I think that Berocka will make a great team leader! Heck, he just typed out all of the tasks I can do this week for me when I asked what was available. We need people like that to lead.

5. I think that whether or not Berocka changes the team up is a question that is to be asked after the season begins and we see how we are faring. As of now I would say no changes.

6. Gustav has been great the few days I knew him. Kind and welcoming, I am sad he is leaving, but am happy for his promotion!

Edited by Giles Rigel
Just a typo ;)

9 hours ago, DoktorFunk said:

My earliest memory is waking up Christmas morning to a new fiberglass twig at the age of five. It was tucked under the tree so tight it was hard to see. 

My proudest moment is winning my first mite championship back in my home state of New York. Your boy had a assist a a few run ins.

Bad habits..... playing the body over the puck at times. Nothing like feeling meat meet meat!

@Berocka has been nothing but cordially to me since his ascension to God-like status. Hope he can determine talent. Or did I make a mistake signing.

Sign some 2nd role defensemen to give me a blow on the bench once in a while. Me and @GlowyGoat can't play all sixty.

Miss him, barely knew him. Wish him the best in the VHL, but he may regret not being here when we win the founders cup.

Alright, Hounds! Wake up and smell the TPE! Season is rolling right along, so I need YOU to tell me how you feel about it so far! Remember, answering three questions gives you 1 TPE and six questions gives you 2 TPE! Do it!

1). How did you get into hockey?

2). What NHL player do you most want your player to be like?

3). Have you ever played ice hockey in real life?

4). If you had to make food for the Hounds locker room, what would you make?

5). Does @Berocka smell as bad as @GlowyGoat says?

6). Are there any concerns that you have about how bad @GustavMattias smells?

4 hours ago, DoktorFunk said:

Alright, Hounds! Wake up and smell the TPE! Season is rolling right along, so I need YOU to tell me how you feel about it so far! Remember, answering three questions gives you 1 TPE and six questions gives you 2 TPE! Do it!

1. I kind of fell into it. Didn't have much training or experience before I tried out for my high school team. Didn't expect to make the team, didn't finish very well but fell in love with it after that.

2.  I am trying to be my own player, but if I had to choose a former player I would say Adam Foote. A great stay at home defenseman.

3. I have played in bar leagues.

4. Biscuits and Gravy. The puns are implied.

5. I doubt it. If your coming that close to smell @Berocka you must have some sort of inclination toward that person.

6. @GustavMattias smell alright in my book. Us men have to stay together and fight the good fight. 

7 hours ago, DoktorFunk said:

1) Got hooked as a 2 year old after seeing my first game

2) Backstrom with Stamkos' sniping capacity (not that Backy can't shoot himself)

3) Since 2nd grade

4) Homemade salsa. We're professionals though, so they always keep us well fed

5) Not quite as bad as rumored, but yeah, its pretty bad

6) Not as concerned as I am about Berocka, he should probably get that checked out...

10 hours ago, DoktorFunk said:

Well it all started with my Hockey Career because of my friend @Giles Rigel we started off young playing on local ponds never had a clue of what it would come.  In a small town of Pawling New York state, My father eventually allowed me to play for minor league for the Fire Birds at the age of 7, as well when I turned 10 I played for the Panthers for the rest of minor league.  I played minor until my Highschool years were I played for the Pawling Tigers.  At the age of 17, I got a early collage scholarship to play for the New Paltz Hawks.  With ideas of making it into the NHL, I fell short.  Until a scout for the Mississauga Hounds offered me a contract at the age of 19, and currently my hopes are to make it into the VHL.

The NHL player I want to be like is Stephane Richer.  He was know as a competitive guy, but was respected.  As well the stats he put up he always put his team first.  I want to be a kind of guy like that that knows a team has my back, and I am reliable for my team at any point.

In real life I do play Ice, as well as Roller Hockey for a recreational team

Personally im not much of a cook, so bringing in food I made would be rare.  I would most likely take the team out for food and pay for the meal.

With this question im just not going to comment as its up to a person and how they keep their hygiene

And no concerns, as hockey people sweat and it can smell sometimes, its just apart of the sport, but you learn to live past it with good hygiene. 

1. Last year I seriously started watching the Bruins, and once the playoffs came around, I was hooked. I watched the playoffs the year before, but the Bruins lost to Tampa Bay then. But last year was great aside from losing the Stanley Cup to the St. Louis Blues in Game 7. @Berocka must have been happy though.

2. I would say a mix of David Pastrnak (leads in goals) Ryan O'Reilly, Patrice Bergeron, and Jonathan Herbedeau

3.No I have not, although it looks fun. I got on the ice for the first time last year, thankfully I haven't fallen once. It wasn't hard to pick up because I had rollerblades all the time. I can't skate backwards yet though. 

4. I would make taquitos, and cookies and milk.

5. Umm... never smelt him in real life. Berocka, do you think you smell bad?

6. Oh, no @GustavMattias is a saint.

Welcome back, Hounds! Another great week has gone by, and it's time I dragged you back in front of the media and make you dance! here are this week's questions!

1) Where do you hope to get drafted to in the VHL?

2) If you can only take one player one the team with you to the VHL, who would it be? Don't be afraid to @ someone and let them know you love them!

3) What's one questions that you still don't have answered that you would like answered as far as the league is concerned?

4) The Hounds go out for hibachi one night. @Giles Rigel get's super drunk on sake. Would you drive him home or call him and Uber?

5) @Hawkins309 is trying out clothes, and decides to get ones that are three sizes too small thinking they look good. What do you tell him to help him without hurting his feelings?

6) @Capsfan18 is buying everyone on the team a car and is letting you choose! What do you choose?

7) @BigIrish invites you over for dinner, but he forgets to cook anything. What would be your go-to thing to bring?

Answer three of these for 1 TPE or six for 2 TPE!

@Gscx420 @GoadenGoalie35

The HC Davos Dynamo.  @GustavMattias leadership is un parralleled. 

2) If you can only take one player one the team with you to the VHL, who would it be? Don't be afraid to @ someone and let them know you love them!

@GlowyGoat Me and Aleksandra Olsen would maker quite a formidable pairing on the Dynamos blueline.

3) What's one questions that you still don't have answered that you would like answered as far as the league is concerned?

Trivia questions are quite imposing for newer players. I appreciate the help  from any sources.  Is it such a bad thing that teams come together as a whole and discuss the answers amongst themselves?

4) The Hounds go out for hibachi one night. @Giles Rigel get's super drunk on sake. Would you drive him home or call him and Uber?

@GlowyGoat It may seem these answers are getting repetitive but, just imagine the berating he would get on way home.

5) @Hawkins309 is trying out clothes, and decides to get ones that are three sizes too small thinking they look good. What do you tell him to help him without hurting his feelings?

@Hawkins309 them shirts really make your muscles look like they are bulging. You been hitting the gym? Wait did you steal a Easter Ham!

6) @Capsfan18 is buying everyone on the team a car and is letting you choose! What do you choose?

A Toyota Hilux. Why not?

7) @BigIrish invites you over for dinner, but he forgets to cook anything. What would be your go-to thing to bring?

Well being a rookie in the Vhlm, money is no quite at a premium yet. So I would go to the tried and true dinner of the low income, peanut butter and jelly.

1. That is a hard question! I think I would put a list in this order:

1. New York Americans

2. Toronto Legion

3. Vancouver Wolves

4. Calgary Wranglers

5. Seattle Bears

(Of the teams I like)

Although I wouldn't mind joining @GustavMattias and the HC Davos Dynamo. Solely because Gustav is there. I miss my chum.

2. I would take @Hawkins309 we have been friends for a while now. Probably since mid-December.

3. How long do we have to wait to win our next Cup??

4. I'm the drunk one here ...

5. Yes, because he would have to deal with worse than me telling him he needs bigger clothes if he wears that in public. Tough love.

6. OMG I would choose a KIA Stinger!

7. Taquitos baby! Never had any in my life, but they sound DIVINE and unhealthy.

On 2/3/2020 at 11:49 AM, DoktorFunk said:

Welcome back, Hounds! Another great week has gone by, and it's time I dragged you back in front of the media and make you dance! here are this week's questions!

@Gscx420 @GoadenGoalie35

1) Would love to get a chance to play for the Dragons and be in my hometown

2) Dick Cheesey's been a great linemate, so I would bring him along

3) What is the concussion protocol in the VHL?

4) Uber, I"m still throwing my signing bonus around

5) That he's clearly been working out too much

6) Wait, I'm doing what now? Is this a rookie prank thing?

Hey Hounds! Rise and Grind! Let's get this bread!

1. Have you ever seen a ghost? Be specific.

2. What's your favorite movie you saw last year?

3. Who would win in a VHLM Martial Arts Tournament? 

4. Cats or Dogs? And why?

5. If you had to rename the Hounds to something else, what would it be?

6. What's the first thing you would buy in real-life with your contract money?

I was once riding a bicycle down my street. I was maybe ten years old or so. I witnessed what seemed to be a gush of air push me off my current path which was leading straight into a telephone pole.

If it has to be a movie the debut last year, it was Rise of Skywalker. If it was any year that it was made. I go with my favorite movie. The one I can watch over and over Jurassic Park

@GlowyGoat

Dogs, They have been and will be my best friends in life. They seems to understand my moods and know when I need a nudge or a wet slobber kiss.

Blustav's Bargain Bin Emporium.

Some of those fine Puppers beers from Letter Kenny. They seem like they would go down great with some chicken wings.

NOPE

Avengers Endgame

Scott Sharmin -- dont want to cross that guy

Dogs, they wont eat you when you die

The Mississauga (Spelling) Bees

My freedom from student debt, then season Caps tickets for life

PRESS CONFERENCE! LET ME KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU!

1. We're, as they say, not doing so well this season. Where do you think we'll place next season?

2. Do you miss @BigIrish? I know I do.

3. The Hounds have been relocated to another city. What city is it?

4. If the Hounds came out with any kind of pet product, what would it be?

5. Who on the team needs to work out more?

6. How many points do you hope to finish with this season?

1. We're, as they say, not doing so well this season. Where do you think we'll place next season?

Take home the cup. Gotta look to win the next one.

2. Do you miss @BigIrish? I know I do.

Who?

3. The Hounds have been relocated to another city. What city is it?

Toronto to move into a nicer stadium

4. If the Hounds came out with any kind of pet product, what would it be?

Hounds chew toy

5. Who on the team needs to work out more?

Me, I really ought to hit the gym more

6. How many points do you hope to finish with this season?

50, I think I can do it with the time that's left and I want to make a bid for a high draft spot.

On 4/29/2019 at 5:24 PM, GustavMattias said:

Welcome to the first-ever Mississauga Hounds press conference! I'm excited to get the year going. WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...

1. Did you think you'd be going to Mississauga? Why or why not?

2. Do you like this team so far? 

3. What type of player do you plan on building?

4. Give a shout-out to one member of this league who you think did the most to help you get started here. 

5. Do you think we have a shot at winning it all? Who do you think will be toughest to beat?

6. Call it right now--if you're a skater, how many points will you have this season? For our goalie, what will your save percentage be?

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @No_Dangles @cody73 @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @mmarcoux98 @SweetMike666 @maximlab

I did think I was coming

I love it here

One that will be great offensively

@DoktorFunk

I think we do. Probably Ottawa

15 points