Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

24 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week of 5/12-5/19 (can still do last week's questions if you haven't done so already, so long as it's still the 12th):

1. Now that we've gotten a little bit into the season, with approximately average results, do you see us getting any better than average as the season progresses?

2. Recently, there's been a bit of a media buzz over our defenseman, Hulk Hogan, and his own personal rivalry with this season's #1 overall draft choice, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, who earned the all-time record for highest TPE at the time of the VHL Entry Draft. Who's better, and why?

3. Now that we've made a few defensive signings, what's our next priority, in your opinion?

4. The Malmo Nighthawks are a VHL expansion franchise which has gotten off to a (very surprisingly) great start this season. Does this prove anything for our team?

5. What's been your favorite part of the VHL so far?

6. What about your least favorite? Anything you'd change?

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @No_Dangles @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @cody73 @mmarcoux98 @raghas @NavyCanuck @SweetMike666 @berocka @maximlab @Viknegar @HanManHimself

1. It depends. If the offense can keep up the scoring, and our new defenceman prove to be active and grow their guys on the regular, we could very well move up to be a middle of the pack team & not just a club fighting for a playoff spot. 
2. ATM, it's HHH..... until we see Hulk in the VHL, we won't know. That being said, Hogan's been great on D for us and deserves mega props. Hopefully he prove "The Game" wrong. 
3. Honestly, just getting our guys to be active! It's nice we signed a couple, but if they don't claim TPE, they're just pylons. 
4. Yes, actually. It shows that if you have a good core of guys that have solid builds and you draft smartly, you can be successful. 
5. Just talking to the guys about how were doing, looking over the stats after each game & getting ideas for the podcast I'm thinking about doing. 
6. Waiting on the sim so I can see how we did. That and waiting on TPE to be approved at times.  

58 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week of 5/12-5/19 (can still do last week's questions if you haven't done so already, so long as it's still the 12th):

1. Now that we've gotten a little bit into the season, with approximately average results, do you see us getting any better than average as the season progresses?

2. Recently, there's been a bit of a media buzz over our defenseman, Hulk Hogan, and his own personal rivalry with this season's #1 overall draft choice, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, who earned the all-time record for highest TPE at the time of the VHL Entry Draft. Who's better, and why?

3. Now that we've made a few defensive signings, what's our next priority, in your opinion?

4. The Malmo Nighthawks are a VHL expansion franchise which has gotten off to a (very surprisingly) great start this season. Does this prove anything for our team?

1. I have no complaints so far. I'm pleased to see that as an expansion team we can be doing well.

2. Sorry Hogan, HHH has this one until Hogan gets to the VHL.

3. Kinda all of them, could us a Vet D, a winger and a center.

4. I don't think this does anything for us. It's good to see an expansion team win but doesn't mean anything for us in the VHLM.

5. I've been too focused on the VHLM to even really watch the VHL.

6. Poor, poor Moscow. They still seem to suck...

4 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @No_Dangles @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @cody73 @mmarcoux98 @raghas @NavyCanuck @SweetMike666 @berocka @maximlab @Viknegar @HanManHimself

1. I believe with the strong core, good goalie and a couple of young guys up and coming we are doing quite well. 

2. I think we will have to wait before Hulk Hogan has joined the VHL before we can fully compare the two. But he has definitely put up some good stats already this season.

3.  It would be nice to get a backup goalie as Rayz Funk would make a good goalie to learn from for an up and comer.

4. I think it goes to show that an expansion team can do great things, and that we can follow suit and cause a couple of upsets.

5. Getting in to the grove with the league and just getting a better feel for the day to day actions, I have to say the GM has been a big help.

6. I am happy with it all, just soaking it all in and enjoying my time here. 

22 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I think so, there's a few teams bunched around where we are in the standings so with a little bit of luck we could end up pulling ahead

2. I'm new to the league and as such haven't really saw what HHH is doing although what I'm reading is very good. I have noticed how well Hulk has done though so I have to go with him

3. While I like the team I think either another depth Dman or centre would be best

4. I don't think theres a direct comparison that can be made other than just the fact that with consistency and dedication teams can do better than people expect them to

5. I just like the depth of it, I joined a longggg time ago when I was a lot younger and found it too overwhelming but it's actually not too bad now. 

6. Not really, I'm checking the site a lot now and just getting more and more comfortable with it.

On 5/12/2019 at 8:17 PM, HanManHimself said:

6. It seems that there isn't a lot of communication between non-teammates. This is obviously my first team, but I feel like I've only met a very small percentage of the community. Maybe I'm just missing something, but maybe implementing some sort of chatbox for everyone to use would be kind of cool.

Just as we have a team community on Discord, the league has its own Discord community as well! You can find it by going to the league's home page and looking along the right-hand side. 

On 5/12/2019 at 6:56 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I think we have the potential to do very well this season. Our players are putting in the work and making sure that we aren't forgotten. 

2. It's going to be a while before we have the showdown we've all been waiting for, but our friend Hulk Hogan has the superior pedigree. As far as I'm concerned, the question should be "What you gonna do, brother? What you gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you?"

3. Our next priority should to be to continue to build a caring locker room and make sure that the new players are engaged. I know I have been encouraged to do well, and if we can keep that spirit up with the rest of the team, we're going to be powerhouses in no time!

4. I think it proves that any team, even an expansion team like ours, is capable of doing very well. It comes down to teamwork, hard work, and a little bit of luck. These are things our team has for the most part, so I see us continuing to do well.

5. Definitely the interactions with other players in the Discord. I don't say much, but it's nice to see a continuing conversation there and to have people to ask for advice easily within reach.

6. The hardest part is waiting for the games to be simmed everyday. I hope I do well, and I really hate waiting to see if I did or not. Nothing you can really do about that, I guess.

On 5/12/2019 at 7:56 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. We will 100% be getting better. As the season continues, the locker room is becoming closer and chemistry is up. Plays are developing more smoothly. The rest of the league better watch out, we are starting to play our game. 
  2. Hard not to play favorites here. Hulk is a leader in the locker room, and a monster on the ice. Helmsley is a hell of a player. Just comparing Hulk to him should scare people in the league. It won't be too long before we get to see them square off on the big stage. Or maybe on the same team... that would be a hell of a line. 
  3. Playing our game, at our speed. Too often you try and shake too many things up at once. We were close, and these defensive signings have put us in a great spot for this season. 
  4. Two different teams in two different leagues. I think it's great that another expansion team is excelling. On the other hand, we faced some adversity. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season and post season play out with the differences between the teams. 
  5. It's great to see the team bonding on discord. Translates well to the ice. Always great to see those sim results and see your name in anything besides penalty minutes. 
  6. I have games I don't have any points... that sucks. For real, it's very solid and I wish I had gotten involved earlier than I did. 

On 4/29/2019 at 4:24 PM, GustavMattias said:

Welcome to the first-ever Mississauga Hounds press conference! I'm excited to get the year going. WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...

1. Did you think you'd be going to Mississauga? Why or why not?

2. Do you like this team so far? 

3. What type of player do you plan on building?

4. Give a shout-out to one member of this league who you think did the most to help you get started here. 

5. Do you think we have a shot at winning it all? Who do you think will be toughest to beat?

6. Call it right now--if you're a skater, how many points will you have this season? For our goalie, what will your save percentage be?

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @No_Dangles @cody73 @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @mmarcoux98 @SweetMike666 @maximlab

1. Yes, my brother convinced me to join here.

2. I haven't been here long enough to say but people seem nice.

3. Some sort of defenceman. Likely a physical checker

4. @Rayzor_7 His pressure got me in here.

5. If what I keep hearing is true yeah. Everyone has a shot.

6. I'll say like 10. Being a enforcer-esque player I expect SB and Hits

7 hours ago, Cran said:

3. Some sort of defenceman. Likely a physical checker

Check out either, or both, of two different build guides posted in our forum locker room!

For the week ending 5/26:

1. Has anyone from another team made a positive impression on you so far? If so, who, and why?

2. Who on our team do you think has the biggest potential to be a steal in next season's VHL Entry Draft? 

3. Hulk Hogan, a defensive defenseman, currently leads the VHLM in points. Are you surprised?

4. Not only that, four Hounds players are represented in the VHLM's top 10 on the points leaderboard. If you're one of them (Hogan, Smith, MacElroy, Gles), what do you think contributed to this? If you're not, do you think you played a major role in their success?

5. Are you happy with how you've done as a player so far?

6. Is there a team, outside of Philadelphia, Ottawa, and Saskatoon, that you think we have to watch out for in particular? If so, who, and why?

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @cody73 @No_Dangles @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @mmarcoux98 @SweetMike666 @maximlab @Cran @Viknegar @NavyCanuck @raghas @HanManHimself @berocka 

2 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Has anyone from another team made a positive impression on you so far? If so, who, and why?

2. Who on our team do you think has the biggest potential to be a steal in next season's VHL Entry Draft? 

3. Hulk Hogan, a defensive defenseman, currently leads the VHLM in points. Are you surprised?

4. Not only that, four Hounds players are represented in the VHLM's top 10 on the points leaderboard. If you're one of them (Hogan, Smith, MacElroy, Gles), what do you think contributed to this? If you're not, do you think you played a major role in their success?

6. Is there a team, outside of Philadelphia, Ottawa, and Saskatoon, that you think we have to watch out for in particular? If so, who, and why?

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @cody73 @No_Dangles @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @mmarcoux98 @SweetMike666 @maximlab @Cran @Viknegar @NavyCanuck @raghas @HanManHimself @berocka 

1. @K1NG LINUS, he has been pretty friendly on forums and in Discord. Haven't had a ton of interaction but he seems like a fun guy.

2. Well I don't see any of our guys falling far. Most likely to fall and be a steal would be me.

3. Quite surprised with this one. I guess he has a thing for hitting the stretch passes.

4. I mean I kind of have to. If I'm letting in shots we can't get the puck. I've also assisted a couple goals so yeah.

5. I feel like I'm underachieving, but I've also been peppered with the third most shots in the league. So I'm not disappointed but I expect better.

6. I don't think so. For the most part we are here to be strong and some teams will trade games with us but not often.

3 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I can't think of anyone in particular actually. I've had minimal interactions with people outside of the team.
  2. Always been a big @HulkHogan guy. Dude's progressing quickly and more importantly his player sims well. I don't think it matters where he's drafted, any team would benefit greatly from having a defenseman like him.
  3. No, I'm not surprised at all. He plays a huge role on the team. He probably gets the most valuable minutes on the team and he does something with them.
  4. I think the reason why my player has been doing so well is because I've always focused on attributes that directly affect his possession of the puck. I think my guy creates turnovers and is responsible with the puck. This has been especially important considering I don't have the privilege of playing a lot of 5v5 minutes with MacElroy, Smith, or Hulk. Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised to see my player regress below top 10, there are a lot of good prospects out there.
  5. I would say yeah, DanGles has scored a lot more than I thought he would.
  6. Haha no, as Gustav mentioned above, we have four of the top-10 scorers in the league right now. As long as ALL our players keep progressing, I'm honestly not even worried about the three teams listed above.

4 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I haven't had to much interaction outside the club as I am trying to work on my game and improve as much as I can.

2. I think Cody Smith will be quite a high pick, tied second in points and top in goals, or Hulk Hogan as he is top in points, it depends whether the team needs a D-Man or a forward as who gets picked first.

3. No Hulk is great with the puck, he can put himself in open space or ha drags the defence to him which can leave a forward open. He deserves to be where he is.

4. I think the top four have a great chemistry and that is why they are all up there, they know where each other is on the ice and it shows with the points. I have tried to chip in where ever I can.

5. I'm satisfied where I am, it eased the nerves when I scored my first goal, but I just need to keep working.

6. I think we are going to have a rough rivalry with Halifax, every game has been close with them and we have been battling for 5th spot for a while. 

17 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Unfortunately and fortunately, the vast majority of my time has been spent speaking with our own locker room, which has been wonderful! I'll look to expanding my friendships with people on other teams in the future!

2. Gotta go with the Hulkster, brother. 

3. Speaking of whom, I'm not in the least bit surprised. Hulkamania is running wild, and he's gotta pose!

4. I'm not sure I played a MAJOR role in their success, but I'm sure I've helped plenty of ways that don't show on the scoreboard. My faceoff record is pretty good, and you can't score if you don't have the puck!

5. I'm not unhappy, but I'm not thrilled either. I know I'm progressing as a player, but anything short of a hat trick is disappointing to me.

6. I'm honestly not so sure we even need to worry about Saskatoon, Philadelphia, or Ottawa much longer if we keep progressing the way we are! 

On 5/19/2019 at 5:50 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. Unfortunately I haven't had extensive contact with anyone outside of my teammates, but the interactions I have had were positive.

2. We got a lot of skilled players on this team that anyone in the VHL would immensely benefit from, but I feel like Chett Bandy ( @mmarcoux98 ) has quietly been a consistent player for us. He's a really solid all-around player and if he works hard he could be a reliable forward for seasons yet to come at the professional level.

3. You kidding me? He's the Hulkster. The rest of the league should be lucky he's only chosen to utilize just 25% of all the energy he gets from all the Hulkamaniacs.

4. I'm a team player. If my teammates are thriving, then clearly I am too.

5. I had a slow start but I feel like I've been picking it up as of late. As I said earlier though, what matters most is the rest of the team is producing at a high volume and we keep climbing the table.

6. I'd say the Marlins. They're only just ahead of us on the table and we've exchanged wins in two pretty high scoring games. I'm expecting another offensive power struggle when we meet up again pretty soon, so it'll be a good test to see if we can keep the production we've had of late high.

On 5/19/2019 at 5:50 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I haven't really interacted much with players around the league. Some of the other GM's reached out at the beginning of the season, and I suppose I hold those in a little higher regard. 
  2. We have a lot of very skilled players in our locker room. I feel like any of them will succeed in the VHL. I can't really pick anyone in particular because we have some real all stars and some on their way to being at their level. 
  3. If you have met Hulk, then you understand. The man is determined. He has a great game sense, and isn't selfish at all. 
  4. I'd like to think that I have helped out a bit, but all four of those players would excel with anyone supporting them. That being said, it's a team sport and their success is our success. 
  5. I'm happy with where I am at. I got off to a really slow start to the season, but kicked it into gear as of late. There is still work to be done, and I am constantly putting in work to try and help the team. 
  6. San Diego is right on the heels of the big 3. Every team is scary, and the league has never looked so competitive. It will be interesting to see who remains consistent through the playoffs. 

On 5/19/2019 at 4:50 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I'm don't go on much but everyone seems to be great. Everyone is pretty nice and informative.

2. Scott Greene @DoktorFunk. He is lower now but is growing rapidly.

3. Hulk Hogan is Hulk Hogan, this man is unbeatable!

4. I haven't been on the team long enough to get involved with anyone really.

5. I'm not happy but not disappointed. It's been to short of a time to really do much.

6. Well based on what just happened. Halifax is a team to watch.

Where do I start? @HulkHogan, @Rayzor_7, @GlowyGoat, YOU @GustavMattias, our AGM @Radcow...... all great guys. 

I think Hulk's going to go pretty high... and everyone whose saying ME needs to pay attention. I was DRAFTED last year by the Wranglers.... unless I automatically get redrafted, I think they own my rights, no? 

A little bit, but Hogan's playing with one of the best lines in hockey and somebody has to get assists. 

A good mix of TPE in our players that seem to compliment one another. 

I'm tied for the league lead in goals, I'm still in the Top 10, I'm on Team Canada in the WJC, why wouldn't I be happy? 

Two IMO: Halifax, who we seem to be pretty even with, and San Diego, our expansion rivals. 

For the week ending 6/2:

1. Our play seems to have taken a turn for the worse lately, as we've been losing quite frequently in the past week. Is this a concern or simply a phase?

2. If you were GM of the Hounds for a day, what would you do and why?

3. What's the weirdest thing you've seen a teammate do in the locker room?

4. Yesterday, a list or two was posted in the VHL's Discord server, ranking the Hounds' relevance as simply average. Any reasons why we should stand out, or is this fair?

5. What's the most interesting VHLM city to visit on road trips and why?

6. What are your opinions on the lottery system? (sorry, I had to)

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @cody73 @No_Dangles @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @mmarcoux98 @SweetMike666 @maximlab @Cran @Viknegar @NavyCanuck @raghas @HanManHimself @berocka @hartfordhitmen

15 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/2:

1. Our play seems to have taken a turn for the worse lately, as we've been losing quite frequently in the past week. Is this a concern or simply a phase?

4. Yesterday, a list or two was posted in the VHL's Discord server, ranking the Hounds' relevance as simply average. Any reasons why we should stand out, or is this fair?

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @cody73 @No_Dangles @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @mmarcoux98 @SweetMike666 @maximlab @Cran @Viknegar @NavyCanuck @raghas @HanManHimself @berocka @hartfordhitmen

1. It's just a phase it's a long season and every team has slumps and hot streaks. I would rather take our slump now then coming up to playoffs. Also I know how hard the team is working and this slump shouldn't last much longer.

2. Just "Yeet" the whole team for some low round draft picks.

3. Rayz Funk was practising his slashing technique on THE HOUND. I think he was just trying to injure him so he couldn't take away any of his ice time. 

4. We have a great core which are placed high in the overall standings and the young guns are starting to really improve. We should not be taken lightly.

5. Houston is nice, it's warm reminds me a bit of home and the space centre is a cool tour.

6. I don't think it really increases the conversation in game threads. I think that a random game should be chosen and players do a post game interview for that game then one player is chosen per week. This should make the post game threads more interactive and less spammy.

On 5/26/2019 at 6:19 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/2:

1. This is 100% just a phase. All the best teams have to have luck on their side to succeed sometimes. We haven't had that luck lately, but I'm sure that it'll come back to us soon.

2. If I was GM for the Hounds, I probably wouldn't change anything. I'd trade Glowy though lol.

3. I once saw McElroy fall asleep in a locker. He had a pillow and blanket in there.

4. It's fair based on our performance, but that's about to change. 

5. Mexico City! La comida es deliciosa, y mis amigos en la ciudad son muy simpáticos.

6. I never play the lottery but #fixthelottery I guess?

For the week ending 6/2:

1. I think it's a bit of a concern. We lost 10 of the last 15 only managing to pick up 2 points in those 10 losses.

2. I'd look at wheelin and dealin. See who is up for grabs and what I'd need to give up.

3. I saw THE HOUND being followed around by Hulk Hogan. I think he has a thing for him.

4. To be fair we are an average team but we are able to pull off upsets. So come playoffs we will see how average we really are.

5. Las Vegas, my teammates always end up walking a little funny

6. Needs a change, even if I did just collect because of it.

For the week ending 6/2:

1. I think it's a phase. The team has shown up in most of the games we just aren't getting bounces.

2. Not much. Go sit in the Managers office naked.

3. MacElroy is constantly drinking. I don't know the last time I saw him without a bottle.

4. Maybe we deserve better but only time will tell us.

5. Yukon, they are so cold up there. Polar bears are everywhere.

6. I don't care enough to have an opinion.

I feel it's regression to the mean. We were on a torrid start and the sim decided to hit us where it hurts cause of it. We should see our play balance itself out shortly. 

Tweak our lines or maybe try to get some much need insurance. 

Honestly, I don't got one... probably cause something I did is the answer to that question. 

We have the VHLM's leading goal scorer, bro! Were not average at all! 

I'd say given the culture and food, probably Mexico City. But I always enjoy heading back to Halifax, visiting the fans that appreciated me last year whilst also getting revenge on the 21st. 

#FixTheLottery