Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

1. What are on your thoughts on the locker-room environment so far?

- Must be nice when im not there

2. What are your seasons expectations for the team?

- BIG expectations to go for the medal

3. what are you pre-season predictions of the following season?

- Hounds place in top6

4. What kind of player do you want to be this season? ( a offensive or defensive, assist leader, goals leader, all-around etc.)

- All around, scoring first 

5. What was your favorite cartoon show as a kid? ( if not cartoons, then anything)

- South Park 

6. What was your favorite thing to do as a kid outside

- We used to go play ball with other guys from my neighbourhood

Still smells like @GustavMattias left his stank in there. I feel bad for the kids in Davos.

2.  What are your seasons expectations for the team?

For Mississauga? They'll be in a tough battle for 12th.

3. what are you  pre-season predictions of the following season?
Mexico City Kings win cup easy, Rory wins executive of the year from Hylands, all junior teams are renamed to honour rory (ex. Hamilton Rory's Dog, Charles would be yours)

4. What kind of player do you want to be this season? ( a offensive or defensive, assist leader, goals leader, all-around etc.)

Yeah Jeffrey Pines is gonna be the best player in the league, easy 250 points, wins the Jeffrey Pines trophy (renamed MVP trophy)

5. What was your favorite cartoon show as a kid? ( if not cartoons, then anything)
I didn't watch cartoons. I didn't have time. I was running a fortune 500 business and dominating the VHLM.

6. What was your favorite thing to do as a kid outside?
Injecting crystal meth into my eyeballs.

P r e s s 

C o n f e r e n c e 

week end 11/29

Happy thanksgiving weekend everybody, thank you all for your existence, i'm thankful for you as you make this a better year than most would say.

1. What are you thankful for in everyday life?

2. What are your plans for thanksgiving? 

3. what do you plan on getting during the black friday sales?

4. Do you think we need to fix the lines, or wait until we start dominating like last year?

5. How has VHL helped get you through 2020 so far?

6. Which player on the team would you buy a gift for and what kind of gift?

I am thankful for my friends and family that are always around to support me.

2.What are your plans for thanksgiving? 

Well I live in Canada so I will probably just be working and trying not to die during Black Friday Sales.

3.what do you plan on getting during the black friday sales?

I plan on using my Best Bu Discount to try and snag a PS5 or maybe some PC parts.

4.Do you think we need to fix the lines, or wait until we start dominating like last year?

Teams have rough patches, I think we just need to wait for us to get our TPE up and it will come together.

5.How has VHL helped get you through 2020 so far?

I have only actively participated for about a week but it is a great way to pass time and forget about 2020 for a bit.

6.Which player on the team would you buy a gift for and what kind of gift?

Well I am new here so I think I should treat all the guys to dinner to earn some respect XD.

Well, I'm thankful for my kids and the wife and to be fortunate enough to generally not worrying about much. House just got paid for so that's a big one.

Uhg, we're hosting the family. So the last couple days have just been cleaning and cooking. But with the kids that lasts for about two hours before everything reverts to it's natural state.

Hopefully nothing but I am positive I will be dragged out for it. Honestly I haven't gotten anything for anyone for Christmas yet, so maybe it's not the worst idea.

4. Do you think we need to fix the lines, or wait until we start dominating like last year?

Well I don't know about the last year, but I think we're worse? I know giving me minutes doesn't really help anyone but I certainly appreciate the ice time.

It really hasn't, but I'm very new. It's probably going to force me to be more creative, I guess, than I would have otherwise been. Frankly I'm not looking forward to that, haha. However, it is giving me a better bearing to keep track of time in unemployment.

DanDan, Eeli, and Jordan all give me something to shoot for. But if inhad to choose just one player, it's going to be to our goalie look. I'd buy them one of those kind of annoying analog puzzles, which you have to get the ring off those metal bars in some incredibly unconventional way, or something.

Edited by Sljppers

On 11/23/2020 at 5:12 PM, Bacon said:

P r e s s 

C o n f e r e n c e 

week end 11/29

Happy thanksgiving weekend everybody, thank you all for your existence, i'm thankful for you as you make this a better year than most would say.

1. Having a roof over my head

2. Dinner with family

3. I havent looked at the sales yet

4. I think we are good now

5. Maintaining my sanity

6. I would buy my GM a bottle of vodka

On 11/23/2020 at 9:12 AM, Bacon said:

P r e s s 

C o n f e r e n c e 

week end 11/29

1. My Friends

2. Hanging out with family is all.

3. PS5 games for sure, gift cards and whatnot.

4. No, we are fine.

5. Just provided another outlet for fun.

6. Probs Gorlab, a diamond ring.

P R E S S 

C O N F E R E N C E 

week end 12/6

" hello 

hello 

hello!!

i am your beloved count BACON!!"

1. How was your thanksgiving? did it go exactly as you expected?

2. How excited are you for the next holiday?

3. since it's technically those cold weathers and warm drinks time. 

Coffee, Hot Coco or tea? and why?

4. Despite us being low, did you see any improvements so far this week that could boost us in the standings?

5. What is your players highest stat so far despite the lowly season? are they performing better or worse than expected?

6. What online (preferably free) games do you recommend our locker room could play so we could have some fun?

SECRET NON-TPE QUESTION:psst. can you guess the movie i quoted but changed the name from olaf to bacon?

1. I am in Canada so no thanksgiving just dieing at work on Black Friday.

2. Christmas is my favorite holiday I love the atmosphere and spending time with my family.

3. None, I prefer Apple Cider!

4. We kinda just sucked this week I don't know what to say. We seem to be scoring enough just need to keep the puck out of the net.

5. I haven`t played so... the bench is always  warm!

6. Rocket League/Among Us?

Better, actually. We beer brine our turkey in Goose Island IPA and it turned out literally perfectly. Finished the left overs last night. No fights, played some cornhole. It was great.

I love the idea of Christmas, but the older I get the wider my eyes get at the bills after. And now I have a big house I have to string with lights. And two kids. It's a lot of work. But hopefully I get some headphones and get to see some smiling kids.

3. Since it's technically those cold weathers and warm drinks time. Coffee, Hot Coco or tea? and why?

Definitely coffee, and by the gallon. I was a barista for like three years before I started bartending so it's a trained preference, though I always kind of disliked tea. Dark, Strong and Black. But not too hot.

4. Despite us being low, did you see any improvements so far this week that could boost us in the standings?

We played a bot instead of our new pick up at Center, but that seems to have been rectified. Maybe find Luke Spinelli and shake him awake, or something. I'll make content for him to post, I don't care at this point. I'm going as hard as I can for that TPE, I know that. We just need bodies.

5. What is your players highest stat so far despite the lowly season? are they performing better or worse than expected?

PIM, haha. But Erin is doing great for a first year as far as I'm concerned. 29 points in 27 games, with 3 game winners shooting at 14.42%; and 13 shots blocked. So better. Definitely better than expected.

6. What online (preferably free) games do you recommend our locker room could play so we could have some fun?

Among Us is the best game to build up some camaraderie. Doesn't take a whole lot to play. It's free. Personally I'd rather just play some boardgames on Table Top Simulator, but heeyy. 

Thanks for posting the presser!

1. Im In Canada So I Was Just Chilling

2. Very Excited im Really Looking Forward To The Break I Get

3. Hot Cocoa

4. The Scoring Was Higher As I Saw 

5. None So Far But It Was My First Game

6. Among Us

Thank You For The Press Conference

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 2:04 PM, Bacon said:

P R E S S 

C O N F E R E N C E 

week end 12/6

" hello 

hello 

hello!!

i am your beloved count BACON!!"

Not whatsoever

honestly more anxious unfortunately 

3. since it's technically those cold weathers and warm drinks time. 

Coffee, Hot Coco or tea? and why?

BOTH SAME TIME 

hopefully my playmaking ability and offensive IQ

havent played a game yet hah

6. What online (preferably free) games do you recommend our locker room could play so we could have some fun?

Eastside Hockey Manager ! or SBA

SECRET NON-TPE QUESTION:psst. can you guess the movie i quoted but changed the name from olaf to bacon?

• 5 weeks later...

:mis:

Hey there Mississauga Hounds! Zetterberg and I are really looking forward to this opportunity and what we can do for this team and building a contender here! Here's the team press conference for the week! Answer all questions for 2 capped TPE. Don't hesitate to contact myself or Zetterberg if you have any questions!

1) There's a new management group in Mississauga! What would you like to see from Zetterberg and tcookie going forward?

2) With the VHLM draft upcoming, what is your player doing to prepare? If already drafted, what advice would you have for prospects getting ready for their drafts?

3) Do you have a preference for which VHL/VHLM team drafts you? If already drafted, what do you think of where you ended up?

4) Do you have any personal goals for S76?

5) If you could pick the song the team comes out of the locker room to, what would you pick? (bonus points if you consider the team branding lol)

6) How are you going to spend the off-season?

Edited by tcookie

1) There's a new management group in Mississauga! What would you like to see from Zetterberg and tcookie going forward?
A founders cup 👀

2) With the VHLM draft upcoming, what is your player doing to prepare? If already drafted, what advice would you have for prospects getting ready for their drafts?
Keep earning it gets noticed, even if your way behind everyone else in tpe if you earn 14 per week you'll be picked before sooner.

3) Do you have a preference for which VHL/VHLM team drafts you? If already drafted, what do you think of where you ended up?

Love both of my teams, When I was drafted by the Rush we went all the way to the finals before getting swept but it was still a super fun season. As for vhl while I didn't stay with Seattle for long I did have a great experience and had an awesome gm. 

Build up our team to be ready for a cup run next season

5) If you could pick the song the team comes out of the locker room to, what would you pick? (bonus points if you consider the team branding lol)
I think it's pretty obvious we'd have to go with Who let the dogs out by Baha men.

Celebrating Malmo's victory and helping run a off season tournament.

On 1/10/2021 at 5:54 PM, tcookie said:

:mis:

Hey there Mississauga Hounds! Zetterberg and I are really looking forward to this opportunity and what we can do for this team and building a contender here! Here's the team press conference for the week! Answer all questions for 2 capped TPE. Don't hesitate to contact myself or Zetterberg if you have any questions!

1. i would really like to see you guys do great things this coming up season. I hope you guys work well together and shock the world.

2. Good luck to everyone getting drafted , this will be one of the most memorable nights. Just be your self and have fun don’t stress to much. 

3. i was very happy when i got drafted to the team that drafted me. No matter what i would have made the best out of the situation.

4. I am heading towards the end of my career so what i would like is to keep working hard and not fall off completely.

5. anything that gets the team ready to play hard and win. we need to be energized to play or best hockey. 

6. working out and practice everyday . relaxing and spending time with some mlb players.

:mis: MISSISSAUGA HOUNDS PRESS CONFERENCE :mis:

Welcome to all the young players who will be joining us after the VHLM draft tonight! Here's the press conference for this week:

1) How do you feel about playing for Mississauga this season? (Z if you answer this, how do you feel about your first season as GM?)
2) Are you excited to get back on the ice after a long off-season?
3) Any predictions for yourself or for the team in S76?
4) What's your biggest strength as a player?
5) What's the one area of your game you most need to improve?
6) Scenario: we've won the Founders Cup and you're in charge of planning the team's celebratory dinner the next day - where are we going?

13 hours ago, tcookie said:

Welcome to all the young players who will be joining us after the VHLM draft tonight! Here's the press conference for this week:

1) How do you feel about playing for Mississauga this season? (Z if you answer this, how do you feel about your first season as GM?)
6) Scenario: we've won the Founders Cup and you're in charge of planning the team's celebratory dinner the next day - where are we going?

1.I don't know yet, its only my 2nd team

2.Yes

3.No, not really, i can do good or bad

4.I can score if needed

5.Defence

6.Clubbin

On 1/17/2021 at 12:20 PM, tcookie said:

1)  HYPE
2) Definitely, although I enjoyed the off-season was able to spend some time on the backyard rink. 
3) *Play "We are the Champions" 🏆
4) D🤺, ability to read the ice.
5) Scoring 😅 
6) Disney World 🥳🥳

1) How do you feel about playing for Mississauga this season? 
Pretty good actually. I’m excited to get a rebuilding team off the ground 

Very. Will be my first season in the VHLM so I’m pretty excited!

Not really. Think as a team we’ll do alright and for myself I’m just looking to be the best scorer out there.

Getting the puck in the back of the net!

Will most likely be my defense 

Fancy Steakhouse. Anyone of them

On 1/17/2021 at 1:20 PM, tcookie said:

1. I feel excited to play for Mississauga and help with the rebuild

2. Yeah, so that I can shake off the rust from the off-season

3. Not really but I feel that the team will be okay

4. I would say that my strength is scoring

5. What I need to improve would be defense

6. Disney World or the Caribbean's    

On 1/17/2021 at 11:20 AM, tcookie said:

I'm really looking forward to it! I think we have a young and exciting team with different elements and it will be cool to see how well we mesh together.

Oh yeah! I've been preparing hard for this season and I want to get playing!

I want to lead the M in hits and obviously I think we can make the playoffs.

Physicality and leadership - on and off the ice. My build is huge and punishing and as  2nd-gen player I hope to help the new guys and help create a fun environment for the team.

Passing. It will come.

Good question! I can't think of a real nice place but it should have good beers and awesome deserts!

I am excited to get my VHLM career started. I'm looking forward to a great season both on the ice and off the ice in our locker room.

Yes, I've been looking forward to getting on the ice for a while now and impatiently waiting. 

One big prediction I have of myself is getting a lot of assists. As a team player I want to help push the team to victory. For the team, I think we will be a decent team. We have a lot of good players and I think this season will be good for us.

My biggest strength is my passing. I create good scoring chances which helps out my team a lot.

I need to improve my shot. While it is early, I would have liked to have scored at least once so we're working on that right now.

Definitely somewhere to eat and drink. I don't have a specific place in mind but it will be a lot of fun.

:mis: MISSISSAUGA HOUNDS PRESS CONFERENCE :mis:

Welcome to this week's press conference, Mississauga!

1) Welcome to the newest Hounds, Elvis Michael, Kirby Pandora, and Xavier Lost! What do you think the new players will bring to the team?

2) Do you watch much of the other VHLM games or just keep to the Hounds?

3) We had a bit of a slow start but it's starting to come around. At time of writing, we're only 2 points out of the playoffs. How do you feel about how the season's gone so far?

4) Who do you have as the Hounds' MVP so far?

5) With the Hounds' play looking up the last few sims, what are you going to do to help get better and keep things on the right track for this team?

6) If you couldn't have been a hockey player, what career would you have gone into?

On 11/16/2020 at 7:21 AM, Bacon said:

Press 

Conference 

week ending 11/22/20

Locker rooms clean? good, now onto to the ice. yes i mean cleaning.

2.  What are your seasons expectations for the team?

3. what are you  pre-season predictions of the following season?

4. What kind of player do you want to be this season? ( a offensive or defensive, assist leader, goals leader, all-around etc.)

6. What was your favorite thing to do as a kid outside?

FUN FACT:  There is no sound in space because molecules are too far apart to transmit sound.

SOURCE: WWW.SPACE-FACTS.COM

1.Really active, i like it

2.No too good

3.I don't think we are gonna do so good. 

4 Offensive goal scorer

5.Tom and Jarry

6.Stickhandle

On 1/17/2021 at 11:20 AM, tcookie said:

1. I'm excited to see how it goes, hopefully I can make the first season memorable
2. Absolutely so much anticipation up until now.
3. I'm hoping we can be a playoff team, we're definitely more of a rebuilder this go around.
4. I've been really good at dishing out assists this season, and I'm scoring a couple of my own too.
5. I was hoping my player could dish out a few more hits.
6. Some place fancy, I'd rent out a restaurant for a few hours and let the team go nuts.