Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

For the week ending 6/30:

1. Our season ended earlier this week, when we lost in the playoffs to the Ottawa Lynx. What are your thoughts on your experience this season as a whole? What did you like, and what didn't you like?

2. Who wins the cup now, Philly or Ottawa?

3. Which VHL team do you think will pick you up? Which VHL team do you hope picks you up? If you're heading back into the VHLM draft, are there any teams other than the Hounds you wouldn't mind being selected by?

4. It's a bit early to know for sure, but do you plan on going up to the VHL or staying down in the minors another season?

5. The Ottawa Lynx GM job is currently open. Do we have a chance at seeing another Hound make their way into management?

6. The offseason may be longer than you think. How does your player plan to pass the time until play resumes?

59 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Our season ended earlier this week, when we lost in the playoffs to the Ottawa Lynx. What are your thoughts on your experience this season as a whole? What did you like, and what didn't you like?

3. Which VHL team do you think will pick you up? Which VHL team do you hope picks you up? If you're heading back into the VHLM draft, are there any teams other than the Hounds you wouldn't mind being selected by?

4. It's a bit early to know for sure, but do you plan on going up to the VHL or staying down in the minors another season?

5. The Ottawa Lynx GM job is currently open. Do we have a chance at seeing another Hound make their way into management?

6. The offseason may be longer than you think. How does your player plan to pass the time until play resumes?

1. Really liked the atmosphere of the team, we had some really cool guys in the discord. There wasn’t anything that I really disliked.

2. Ottawa, you have to be a pretty good team to beat Mississauga.

3. I’ve had no indication of any team showing any interest in Dangles so it’s really a toss up. I’m not even sure how much people value my player.

4. I think it would be amazing to stay another year in the minors and give Dangles the best chance at VHL success I’d be willing to go to the VHL next season though.

5. Idk I’d consider applying myself but I don’t think I’d get the job. Not sure if anyone else is interested.

6. Dangles will be figure skating to keep in shape. Outside of that he’ll be riding his motorcycle up and down the east coast.

2 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. The experience has been great got to meet a great bunch of people and we avoided the sweep.

2. Ottawa, and I hope they sweep Philly this way we have a strong claim at being the second best team.

3. I don't think any team in particular will look for me, when it gets to a low enough round I might just get picked up for being not horrible. I would like a team that will be strong in the next couple of seasons, so when I become better we make a cup run. I don't like the idea of winning a cup if I don't contribute. If I make it to the VHLM draft I wouldn't mind if I went to Minnesota as Rayz is a good GM, also if one of the Mississauga candidates get picked for the Ottawa job I would happily go there as well.

4. I would like to stay in minors and have a season where I could contribute every game.

5. I think that Radcow, Cody and Hulk would be great and I would be happy to play under any one of them.

6. I am going to head back to Australia and enjoy the time with my family

2 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Yeah, it did. It ended sooner than I thought. I thought we had the steam to keep going, but it was still a fun experience. I really enjoyed playing this season and meeting the people that I did. I look forward to seeing many of them in the future.

2. Ottawa goes the distance. If you're gonna lose, lose to the future champ.

3. I honestly don't know what team would like to pick me up, but whatever team it is, I hope that the locker room is as much fun as the one the Hounds have.

4. I don't know that I have a choice. I would love to stay with the Hounds, but that can't happen.  I'm looking forward to what happens! 

5. I think we do, but its gonna be some stiff competition.

6. Relax, and catch up on some games I've neglected. Maybe brainstorm article ideas. I hope it's not too long!

16 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Honestly I'm disappointed we couldn't make it out of the first round. But the team was amazing so I'm quite happy.

2. Ottawa in 7

3. Someone in the top 5 I hope. I feel like I'm off the board in the 1st round though.

4. Forced up. Even if I play backup.

5. It is possible, there's tough competition for the spot though.

6. Drinking his sorrows away with his unknown business associate. 

On 6/23/2019 at 7:43 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. It sucks but it was expected. We started off weak but ended strong so all in all a good season. 

2. Philly has won so I am late

3. VHL should not waste their time with me. I likely will not go up for a while.

4. Staying down next season

5. Again I am late, congrats Acydburn

6. Maybe go act in a couple films, I have always liked acting

Here we have it: the last press conference of S66! 

1. This was the first season for many of you, and one of the first for all of you. What stood out about it?

2. What are your goals for your player in the VHL? 

3. The VHLM Dispersal Draft is happening soon, and it may have happened already by the time you read this. Do you have anything to say to our new draft class?

4. Would you consider your time here a success? Why or why not?

5. Name one obscure record that you believe you can say, with absolute confidence, that your player has set.

6. If you were offered every job there is in the league, but could only choose one, which one would it be and why?

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @cody73 @No_Dangles @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @mmarcoux98 @SweetMike666 @maximlab @Cran @Viknegar @NavyCanuck @raghas @HanManHimself @berocka @hartfordhitmen @aCrypticPancake 

1 minute ago, GustavMattias said:

1. This was the first season for many of you, and one of the first for all of you. What stood out about it?

3. The VHLM Dispersal Draft is happening soon, and it may have happened already by the time you read this. Do you have anything to say to our new draft class?

5. Name one obscure record that you believe you can say, with absolute confidence, that your player has set.

6. If you were offered every job there is in the league, but could only choose one, which one would it be and why?

@Rayzor_7 @HulkHogan @cody73 @No_Dangles @GlowyGoat @DoktorFunk @mmarcoux98 @SweetMike666 @maximlab @Cran @Viknegar @NavyCanuck @raghas @HanManHimself @berocka @hartfordhitmen @aCrypticPancake 

1. The team was honestly the best part, without the help from everyone in discord I don't think I would have been as active

2. I just want to be the best player and to become a top scorer, this season in the VHLM I want over 100 points and in the VHL in the future I want to do just as well

3. Best of luck to all you new Hounds I will see you on the ice, Listen to Gustav and RadCow and you will learn a lot, stay active and create a cool team dynamic it will make everything heaps more enjoyable. Don't try and be the star be a cog in the machine, that's how you win games.

4. Yes I think so, the second line was one of the best in the VHLM and I was apart of that line.

5. ...Well this is easy Best Australian (the continent not the country) to ever play for the Hounds

6. I applied for the Fantasy job and that seems like a lot of fun, I could see myself almost becoming a bookie and trying to pick some of the tougher matchups for the week. If not probably an updater, reading peope's media spots and articles would be fun. Also being an AGM and peeking behind the curtain would also be good but probably number 1 would be the Fantasy

3 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

D D CfHere we have it: the last press conference of S66! 

1. I’d say that the coolest thing was seeing the community aspect of the forum. I wasn’t really expecting that coming in. Looking forward to getting to know more people!

2. My goal’s to be on as many winning teams as possible. Hopefully that means I can land on a good team and stay there for a while.

3. Try to get to know the people in the locker room, I feel as though I didn’t interact enough and looking back on it I probably should have done it more.

4. Absolutely, I outperformed my expectations coming in. I expected to be a depth player but I ended up playing a sizable role. I was disappointed by our playoff defeat though, I was hoping we would make it further.

5. Hahaha I really doubt my player has set a record. Word has it that he eats a lot of breakfast sandwiches though, so maybe most sandwiches consumed in a season.

6. I would probably take an AGM position, seems like a pretty solid gig and it would increase my involvement.

5 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. The best thing was all the people that helped me to understand how VHL works and how to make your player better. It was not only your teams GM but other players. 

2. In the VHL I want to become the best defender and show my skills and eventually win the cup. 

3. Keep grinding, meet new people and do the best you can. 

4. Yes, I think it was a success. I showed my skills, met new people and our team got to the playoffs. 

5. The only record I am sure I set was the most jokes told in the locker room. 

6. Probably AGM because all the GM`s in the league seem really smart so it would be a great opportunity to learn from them. 

10 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. It was most fun, to me, to meet new people. I know I talk about the locker room a lot, but we couldn't have had a better group of people. I only hope that wherever I go next is just as fun.

2. I want to be a top guy. I don't think anyone starts playing the game and gets to this level with a desire to be mediocre. Everyone wants to be a star, and even though it may take a while, I'll get there. 

3. Make sure you have fun. I was too serious when I started the season. Just express yourself and enjoy yourself. 

4. It has been a success simply because I've been consistently having fun. 

5. Best Player Named Scott Greene to Make It to VHL

6. I would love to try my hand at being a GM in the future, because I think I could do it and it seems like fun!

On 7/1/2019 at 9:45 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. It was easier to figure out than it seems. I keep to myself but the teams seem to have a good time.

2. Not much, it's unlikely I ever make it to the VHL. Maybe 1 GP one-day

3. Best of luck to all of you! For those of you going up this year best of luck as rookies in the VHL. For those staying, good luck in year 2!

4. I haven't had the most success but my recent drafting to Minnesota will give me good minutes there.

5. Most sticks Yeeted in a game. I threw a lot of sticks over the boards in one of our losses.

6. Welfare and PF poster. Stupid simple.

So here it is everyone the first Press Conference of S67, my first Press Conference also!

1. Are you happy to have been drafted into Mississauga? If you were a free agent signing why did you pick Mississauga?

2. What goals do you have about the upcoming season?

3. What position do you think we will finish this season?

4. Are there any VHL teams you would like to be drafted to when the next draft happens?

5. What team do you think we should be careful of/have a rivalry with this season?

6. What do you want the team to know about your player?

@hewasajazzman @JeffD @HanManHimself @Vuuna Haaka @Banana2311 @NavyCanuck @mmarcoux98 @Viknegar @hartfordhitmen @maximlab

13 hours ago, berocka said:

So here it is everyone the first Press Conference of S67, my first Press Conference also!

1. Are you happy to have been drafted into Mississauga? If you were a free agent signing why did you pick Mississauga?

4. Are there any VHL teams you would like to be drafted to when the next draft happens?

5. What team do you think we should be careful of/have a rivalry with this season?

@hewasajazzman @JeffD @HanManHimself @Vuuna Haaka @Banana2311 @NavyCanuck @mmarcoux98 @Viknegar @hartfordhitmen @maximlab

1. I heard good things about management, leadership and teamwork

2. To have a shut-out in the first 15 games

3. Given the hard work we will put in im assuming top 11

4. Just see how this season plays out, possibly Wranglers

5. I heard the Minnesota Storm can be brutal

6. He enjoys long walks on the beach

On 7/7/2019 at 3:28 PM, berocka said:

1. you guys have been welcoming so of course! plus every other team ive been a part of in other leagues has a red color scheme, nice to work with a different color for a change haha.

2. just stick with it basically. earn enough to be a decent supporting role on the team.

3. one of them, thats for sure. havent looked too much in to the other rosters or whatnot but... finishing in the top half would be nice.

4. maybe that one guy (...bird?) i know could draft me in NY if hes not too hammered.

5. ottawa. like to keep my enemies close.

6. dont worry, ill be just as disappointed with my player as you guys are.

1. picked for the ice time and i'm glad i did it's been really fun so far

2. Hopefully to be a valuable member on the team and learn the ropes of the league

3. Hopefully in the top half or at least competitive

4. Honestly not yet,i don't know the league very well yet. 

5. whoever is on top. Not quite sure yet hopefully we're the team to watch out for.

6. i'll try my best and hopefully improve to the improve to the player my team needs me to be. 

1. I pikced Missisauga because I was excited to be part of this rebuild which seems to be a motivating challenge for me.

2.I want to help the team by putting a maximum effort and have a decent amout of points for my rookie season.

3.If everyone on the team works to make it happen I say we are able to finish in the top 6.

4. Halifax, but I would sure love a Montreal expansion.

5.I see Ottawa as our natural rival since it is the closest team but I ear they have a pretty good team. I am sure we are able to win some games against them.

6. My player may be one of the most friendly guys outside of the rink, but once he puts his hockey helmet on he wont ave any friends on the other side of the bench

Our press conference for the week ending 7/21...answer all six questions here for 2 TPE.

1. How did your player celebrate our first win against Mexico?

2. Management have recently made a few signings. Where do you think we still lack depth?

3. Jeff Downey was named captain prior to the first game. Do you think this was a good choice?

4. What are your thoughts on the VHL so far? What do you like, and what don't you like?

5. What's your favorite point task out of all that you've tried? Any you haven't tried but would like to?

6. Describe your interests in five words or fewer.

@hewasajazzman @JeffD @HanManHimself @Vuuna Haaka @Banana2311 @mmarcoux98 @maximlab @chrissyl93 @Liberty_Cabbage @Radcow @BaReZ_Regrets

5 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Our press conference for the week ending 7/21...answer all six questions here for 2 TPE.

Went out with the team and then home for a 24 pack of nuggets

2. Management have recently made a few signings. Where do you think we still lack depth?

Management have made a few good choices, however we lack a centre.

3. Jeff Downey was named captain prior to the first game. Do you think this was a good choice?

yes, with Jeff being our highest ranked player

4. What are your thoughts on the VHL so far? What do you like, and what don't you like?

Its interesting and professionally ran for simulation league

5. What's your favorite point task out of all that you've tried? Any you haven't tried but would like to?

Fantasy zone

Nutrition science, swimming and movies

@hewasajazzman @JeffD @HanManHimself @Vuuna Haaka @Banana2311 @mmarcoux98 @maximlab @chrissyl93 @Liberty_Cabbage @Radcow @BaReZ_Regrets

On 7/14/2019 at 9:50 PM, GustavMattias said:

Was pretty excited it was my first ever win so it was pretty awesome 

We could use some scoring depth of course but we could improve all around, as long as it doesn't put me out of a job.

Oh yes he's a great player! best choice they could have made.

So far it's been really fun just wish i havent been so busy so i could keep track of it better.

So far this one has been the mos fun and i want to try graphics soon.

Make the best player around

On 7/14/2019 at 9:50 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. getting that game winner was a sweet feeling. went out with the team and drank for happy reasons for a change.

2. we could probably use a decent center.

3. absolutely. dude has been our one bright spot so far this season.

4. im enjoying it well enough id say. everything  being so open ended will be hard to get used to as i like some direction but ive been engaged so thats all that matters.

5. i will most likely stick to the graphics task. probably should start thinking of the rookie profile and biography huh?

6. girl, pup, music, beer, broons.

Press Conference Questions for week ending 28 July.

1. What superstitions does your player have?
  2. Have you spent much time around Mississauga, if so what do you think?
  3. What is the weirdest thing you have seen from our team off the ice?
  4. What could be done to improve the locker room (ie. Discord or Forums)?
  5. For new players it is the job of Gustav and myself to sell the team to get others to join, what would be your sales pitch?
  6. Have you talked to anyone in the league outside of our team?

59 minutes ago, berocka said:

5. For new players it is the job of Gustav and myself to sell the team to get others to join, what would be your sales pitch?

1.  my superstition is that i'll never get a goal this season.
  2. I've been close but never actually been there sadly.
  3. Well the day we turned into a drunk bird cult was pretty weird but what can i say besides praise drunk bird
  4. Honestly not much i think it works great so far honestly the only thing i would add is maybe a stat page.
  5. I'd probably mention that we're a very fun and relaxed group to get the new less experienced and maybe even nervous players to join.
  6. I guess i've talked to a few traitors on our discord but otherwise no. 

11 hours ago, berocka said:

1. He likes to wear his lucky undies, to be the first one into the locker room and to do a nervous wee before the game
  2. No, it is a bit far away
  3. Jeff Downey keeps giving the AGM a wedgie
  4. More stuff on the forums for non-discord users
  5. I think they are doing an pretty decent job so far
  6. No not yet