Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

For the week ending 8/25...

1. The season is over for us! How does your player plan to spend the offseason?

2. What are your plans for next season? Where do you hope to be drafted in the VHL? If you're being drafted in the VHLM, where do you hope to go there?

3. Who do you want to win the cup now that we're out of it?

4. Who do you think will win the cup?

5. What are your thoughts on a few Hounds alumni invading our press conference last week? Is this Bana's attempt at flattery, a takeover, or both?

6. What are your opinions on the newly-announced VHL expansion? How would you feel about playing for one of the two new teams?

@HanManHimself @Vuuna Haaka @Banana2311 @Jwarner0722 @maximlab @chrissyl93 @Liberty_Cabbage @Radcow @BaReZ_Regrets @GlowyGoat @elrune1988 @TukTukTheGreat @Telkster

1. party hard for a couple weeks cause we didn't end up in last, then hit the gym and get in shape for next season.

2. anywhere is fine with me honestly. I just hope I'm drafted higher then I am lower.

3. the wranglers for sure.

4. the legion.

5. Hes just jealous cause the hounds are moving up to the vhl next year

6. I'd be delighted to play for an expansion team!

9 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

2. What are your plans for next season? Where do you hope to be drafted in the VHL? If you're being drafted in the VHLM, where do you hope to go there?

5. What are your thoughts on a few Hounds alumni invading our press conference last week? Is this Bana's attempt at flattery, a takeover, or both?

6. What are your opinions on the newly-announced VHL expansion? How would you feel about playing for one of the two new teams?

@HanManHimself @Vuuna Haaka @Banana2311 @Jwarner0722 @maximlab @chrissyl93 @Liberty_Cabbage @Radcow @BaReZ_Regrets @GlowyGoat @elrune1988 @TukTukTheGreat @Telkster

1. lots and lots of thinking about training but probably getting lunch and watching tv.

2. Hopefully keep improving on my guy, Honestly I'll take being drafted by any VHL team. As for VHLM PLEASE DRAFT ME OR KEEP ME 

3. Checks team list UUH the Minnesota storm

4. ...........Minnesota storm

5.pretty funny i'd say! Hopefully i don't ever have to do that.

6. I think it's great that the league can support new teams and i would love o play for the new vhl team

Going to the gym and talking to gms about the upcoming draft

i have no idea where I hope to be drafted at all.  As for the VHLM all I can say is I hope to win.

i have no idea, I did not really follow the standings this year

ottawa lynx

clearly a takeover, I don’t mind it, it shows spirit.

i would not mind it at all but we shall see where I am drafted.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:37 AM, GustavMattias said:

1. Training, Netflix and Eating Nuggs

2. VHL, I hope to go to one of the expansion teams, VHLM, The Hounds would be great to play for again

3. Halifax 21st

4. Minnesota

5. Definitely a take over, who wouldn't want to be a Hound?

6. I would love to play for one so I can be the best for that team.

Golfing, beaching, volleyball - like in Top Gun!

I have no preference. I am going to have fun with it - see what happens!

Of course! Everyone wants to win championships - we will see how it goes!

I haven't looked tbh. I have been golfing too much.

Haha, let em have at 'er. Welcome to the thread!

I love it. Hopefully everyone will have fun!

For the week ending 1/9 here is the questions, you know the drill by now:

1. Will your player be going to the draft? If so who will they take with them as their plus one?
  2. All of you will be taking part in the upcoming draft, why should a team pick you? Give me your sales pitch.
  3. Are you happy with your players build? Is there anything you would change if you could go back?
  4. During the off-season what country would you travel to if you had the choice?
  5. Now our season is over I was thinking of handing out some awards to the team. Name an unusual award you would give and who would be the recipient?
  6. Now be brutally honest how did you enjoy your first season? Could management do anything better?

Will your player be going to the draft? If so who will they take with them as their plus one?

I will be attending the draft and will bring my family with me.

All of you will be taking part in the upcoming draft, why should a team pick you? Give me your sales pitch.

I am a good, hard working player who has a high skill ceiling.

Are you happy with your players build? Is there anything you would change if you could go back?

not really, I want to score goals and that is what I do

During the off-season what country would you travel to if you had the choice?

Australia

Now our season is over I was thinking of handing out some awards to the team. Name an unusual award you would give and who would be the recipient?

Cant catch a break award.  I would have to give it to Nate Telker

Now be brutally honest how did you enjoy your first season? Could management do anything better?

I had fun, next year I would want to win though but I get the team was in a rebuild

1. Yes he will be bringing his super hot girlfriend. 

2. Nate Telker is on the rise fast. He's raking in tpe so he will be a great player for any team that drafts him.

3. I'm fairly happy with the build, not much I would change at all. 

4. Genoa

5. Liam Rooney for biggest nose on the team. 

6. I had fun, our team sucked but it makes sense since the team is rebuilding

17 hours ago, berocka said:

1. Will your player be going to the draft? If so who will they take with them as their plus one?
  2. All of you will be taking part in the upcoming draft, why should a team pick you? Give me your sales pitch.
  3. Are you happy with your players build? Is there anything you would change if you could go back?
  4. During the off-season what country would you travel to if you had the choice?
  5. Now our season is over I was thinking of handing out some awards to the team. Name an unusual award you would give and who would be the recipient?
  6. Now be brutally honest how did you enjoy your first season? Could management do anything better?

1. yes i plan to go, o got nothing else going on. And Probably my dog.

2. I'm a pretty good two way defense man with a physical upside.

3. Maybe not dump some TPE in leadership to begin with.

4. Easy Greenland, Inuit culture and food seem super interesting to me. 

5. The yolo Award for the most random yeet player to Yeet Dabbersson and his 70+ rating in fighting.

6. Loved it! It was confusing at first but i loved every second of it.

23 hours ago, berocka said:

1. Yes, Meg Turney if she's free

2. I have improved over the season and almost match last seasons goaly for save percentage. I give every game 100%

3. I have been performing well - wouldn't change anything

4. Greece to defrost

5. Coolest socks - Jacob Perry

6. It was more enjoyable than i thought it would be. Very happy with management

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the team, Hounds players! Answer three questions here for 1 TPE, or answer all 6 for 2 TPE. 

1. Going into the draft, where did you expect yourself to be picked? Do you think your draft position was fair, or did we pick you earlier or later than you thought?

2. Did you have any idea you were coming to Mississauga? Did your selection surprise you at all?

3. If not Mississauga, what team did you think might have picked you?

4. Overall, how do you think the draft went for the Hounds? Could we have done better?

5. What are your personal goals for this season?

6. Name as many VHL teams as you can, off the top of your head, without checking anything. 

@ColeMrtz21 @Cxsquared @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @Tigris @Krice13 @TukTukTheGreat @Radcow

25 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Welcome to the team, Hounds players! Answer three questions here for 1 TPE, or answer all 6 for 2 TPE. 

1. Going into the draft, where did you expect yourself to be picked? Do you think your draft position was fair, or did we pick you earlier or later than you thought?

I knew I wouldn't be picked in the first 2 rounds, but I thought it was fair game after that. I think my draft position was right around where it should have been.

2. Did you have any idea you were coming to Mississauga? Did your selection surprise you at all?

I knew I was on Mississauga's radar, but it wasn't a sure thing they'd pick me. I wouldn't say the selection surprised me.

I wasn't reached out to by any other GM's, so I think it could've been anyone.

4. Overall, how do you think the draft went for the Hounds? Could we have done better?

I thought it went well, we got a great player 2nd overall, and a lot of high-potential picks.

I would like to maintain something close to 14 TPE per week, and to make the playoffs.

6. Name as many VHL teams as you can, off the top of your head, without checking anything. 

I'm a bit more familiar with the VHLM, but I know a few:

Toronto

DC

Prague

Helsinki

Calgary

Riga

I don't think I can claim the TPE because of my player press conference, but I figured I'd answer them for fun.

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

@ColeMrtz21 @Cxsquared @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @Tigris @Krice13 @TukTukTheGreat @Radcow

1. I didn't know what to expect, but an early second rounder is hard to complain about.

2. It wasn't that surprising but I also didn't know where I should expect to go.

3. Halifax is usually a safe bet but they didn't pick until after I was off the board, LVA also expressed interest but I didn't exactly want to go there (no hard feelings it's for old memes).

4. We got some key pieces to build up our team, however we are still lacking in the offensive department.

5. Be at least a PPG player.

6. Toronto, DC, Prauge, Davos, Helsinki, Seattle, Malmo, NY, Vancouver, Quebec, Riga, fuck if I know.

can't claim but let me get on this

Honestly was not sure where I would be picked. It was earlier than I anticipated which is exciting. Based on the players drafted around me I would say my position was fair.

I had a little bit of an idea based on which GMs reached out to me. I was still surprised regardless.

I was only reached out to by Missisauga so I am not sure who else would have taken me.

The Hounds absolutely killed this draft. The second over all pick was a huge addition but it was the drafting in the later rounds that really solidified how well they did.

To maintain a steady increase in TPE to keep improving and help our team win.

6. Name as many VHL teams as you can, off the top of your head, without checking anything. 

Vancouver Wolves

Seattle Bears

Calgary Wranglers

DC Dragons

I should maybe do more research haha 

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I figured I'd go somewhere in the 3 round.Though I didn't think I'd go as early as the 24th overall.

2. I had no idea I was on Mississauga's radar. I had seen Gustav around but didn't have any sense that I was headed to Mississauga.

3. I had talked to Yukon but  I think there D core was already solid enough. I also felt that I might be heading to Saskatoon because that was my home town team.

4. I think the Hounds picked up a great core group. The only big area that's lacking is forward depth but I think we have the resources to fill that gap.

5. I'd really like to establish myself as a top Dman this season. It's my rookie year so I feel like I've got a lot to prove.

6. Prague Phantoms, DC Dragons, New York Americans, Moscow Menace, Riga Reign, Vancouver Wolves, and I think that's all I know the team names of. 

22 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I didn't think I'd be picked, because I haven't been as active as I would have liked, but I do want to be active and be a productive player.

2. I did, because you're the only one who did message me.

3. None others.

4. No clue, not familiar enough with this league yet.

5. Earn 5+ TPE weekly this season, see if I can do more.

6. Helsinki, Vancouver, Toronto - still learning!

Cheers

For the week ending 9/22:

1. The Hounds aren't off to the world's greatest start. Does this surprise you?

2. We're also very much a team in progress. Do you think management will be able to throw together a solid roster by the time our season starts?

3. Have you picked up on anything notable about any other teams in the VHLM? If so, what is it?

4. If your player were forced to retire today, what position would your recreate play and what would you name them?

5. What's your favorite band, and what's their best song?

6. Brock Louth (@Beaviss) gets drunk one night and insists upon getting a Hounds face tattoo. Do you let it happen, or try to talk him out of it?

@ColeMrtz21 @Cxsquared @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @Tigris @Krice13 @TukTukTheGreat @Radcow@Garrett @Ckbruinfan

A bit ya, I feel like we have a good group of guys together.  In the end we just need to start throwing more pucks at the net and take it one play at a time.

2. We're also very much a team in progress. Do you think management will be able to throw together a solid roster by the time our season starts?

I very much hope so, We have a handful of newer players but they should catch up fairly quickly.

3. Have you picked up on anything notable about any other teams in the VHLM? If so, what is it?

Not really, my focus is on our team not the rest of the league.

4. If your player were forced to retire today, what position would your recreate play and what would you name them?

I would create a goalie, his name would be McDoughal

I have been listening to a fair bit of Marillion recently, Script for a jesters tears.

6. Brock Louth (@Beaviss) gets drunk one night and insists upon getting a Hounds face tattoo. Do you let it happen, or try to talk him out of it?

Capt. needs a tat.

2 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

6. Brock Louth (@Beaviss) gets drunk one night and insists upon getting a Hounds face tattoo. Do you let it happen, or try to talk him out of it?

1. Not necessarily, we knew we lacked the depth other teams had so we’d struggle out the gate, but it’s also only been 4 games and we came out of it with a couple points so we just have to work some more and push our program to the next level.

2. I mean the seasons already started, but it’ll be interesting to see what pieces we tack on to our program to flesh it out more, I know another center to back up Kidd definitely wouldn’t hurt.

3. Not yet, I’m sure we’ll see some clear standouts soon but at the moment everyone is in a similar position.

4. Maybe a defenseman, that’s the only position I haven’t created a player for and it’s the one I play IRL so that would be a fun build.

5. That’s tough, I think at the moment I’d go with Good Kid, as all of their songs I’ve really enjoyed, Atlas in particular. 

6. Let beavs get a tat.

4 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

@ColeMrtz21 @Cxsquared @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @Tigris @Krice13 @TukTukTheGreat @Radcow@Garrett @Ckbruinfan

1. I'm not too surprised. We don't have a lot of depth which takes it's toll on the top line guys.

2. I think our GM is working on making the moves to put us in contention for the playoffs. Along with that our management is doing a great job supporting the players.

3. It seems the Bulls and Kings have really dominate defenses. Those defenses seem to be leading them to wins.

4. I think I'd create either a Goalie or Center. Both of those seem to be in demand right now. The name I'd go with is Jloyd Blyoyderson.

5. My current favorite band is IDLES and my favorite song is Never Fight a Man with a Perm.

6. Oh I'd let happen but for his sake I'd try and convenience him to make it a small face tat.

On 9/15/2019 at 8:52 AM, GustavMattias said:

I knew the team would be one that is built to develop through the season, so I'm not too concerned, I'm just trusting the team and the management that we can keep improving.

Yeah, I think so. Especially if we can land another good center.

Not much, but I've noticed that having a lot of older players helps with team success.

I would make a defenseman named Nils Tallinder.

If we're exclusively saying bands, I'll have to go with the red hot chili peppers, and their best song imo is Brendan's Death Song.

I would try to talk him out of it for sure. If he has the same stance when he's not drunk, then he can go for it.

Edited by Patrik Tallinder

1. The Hounds aren't off to the world's greatest start. Does this surprise you?

It does. I thought we would have a little more success right off the start but as long as we keep building as a team then I can’t see why we won’t continue to get better as the season rolls on.

I have faith in our management team to get us back on track.

i haven’t because I’ve been trying to focus on improving my build and figuring out what to write about for media posts.

I would create either a goalie or defenseman. I would name them Yeadly Yangles.

Linkin park. Crawling.

6. Brock Louth (@Beaviss) gets drunk one night and insists upon getting a Hounds face tattoo. Do you let it happen, or try to talk him out of it?

Try to talk him out of it. Would be a bummer if he got traded shortly after haha