Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

Gustav

For the week ending 9/29:

1) The Hounds made a goalie signing this week, picking up Nicolas Fomba (@efiug) as our second goalie. Who wins the battle for Hounds goalie dominance, Fomba or Lukas Schweitzer?

2) What's your single favorite emoji to drop in Hounds Discord?

3) The Hounds have three players in the top 10 in points league-wide. Does this surprise you?

4) Do you think our chances of success are higher or lower than they were at the start of the season?

5) The team starts a tennis tournament, and you can pick one player to be your doubles partner. Who is it?

6) @fonziGG, general manager of Halifax, knocks on your door with some religious material. Do you let him in?

@ColeMrtz21 @Cxsquared @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @Tigris @Krice13 @TukTukTheGreat @Radcow @Garrett @Ckbruinfan @efiug

3 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1) The Hounds made a goalie signing this week, picking up Nicolas Fomba (@efiug) as our second goalie. Who wins the battle for Hounds goalie dominance, Fomba or Lukas Schweitzer?

3) The Hounds have three players in the top 10 in points league-wide. Does this surprise you?

4) Do you think our chances of success are higher or lower than they were at the start of the season?

5) The team starts a tennis tournament, and you can pick one player to be your doubles partner. Who is it?

6) @fonziGG, general manager of Halifax, knocks on your door with some religious material. Do you let him in?

1.  @GlowyGoat has the hearts of the people.

2. :DrunkBird:

3. Louth needs to step his game up so we have 3 in the top 5.

4. Always going up baybee.

5. Balentine Kidd we just have that crispy clean connection.

6. It was just one time...

1) The Hounds made a goalie signing this week, picking up Nicolas Fomba (@efiug) as our second goalie. Who wins the battle for Hounds goalie dominance, Fomba or Lukas Schweitzer?

1. Fomba comes in and steals the show. 

2. Drunk bird is everyone’s fav, no?

3. I am not surprised. Our top end talent is right there with the best. It us depth guys who need to pick up the pace.

4. Higher. It’s been a steady climb throughout the first couple weeks and it’ll continue that way.

Wang! 

6) @fonziGG, general manager of Halifax, knocks on your door with some religious material. Do you let him in?

Started ripping into him about the no soliciting sign I have on my door. 

1) The Hounds made a goalie signing this week, picking up Nicolas Fomba (@efiug) as our second goalie. Who wins the battle for Hounds goalie dominance, Fomba or Lukas Schweitzer?

Gotta stay loyal to Schweitzer, but it is good to have a solid backup

They are all too good

Given our excellent coaching and development program it does not.  We are a team that should not be taken lightly

About the same. I feel that while we may not be the most skilled team in the league we should not be underestimated.

Jerry Wang @ColeMrtz. We clearly have chemistry being one one of the most dangerous duos in the league points wise. 

6) @fonziGG, general manager of Halifax, knocks on your door with some religious material. Do you let him in?

Absolutly not. I would not let any gm into my home.

17 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 9/29:

@ColeMrtz21 @Cxsquared @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @Tigris @Krice13 @TukTukTheGreat @Radcow @Garrett @Ckbruinfan @efiug

1. I think it's going to be a great battle. It really just depends on who puts in more work but I think both will see plenty of starts (If you can figure out how to actually put Fomba in).

2. 623502634644668448.png?v=1 I'm offended this even has to be asked.

3. Not at all. We got an awesome group of experienced players and they are doing what they do best.

4. We've grown so quickly that I think are chance just keep improving. I was expecting to be near the bottom of the VHLM by now but we are pushing higher and higher.

5. I have to go with our AGM @berocka. I'm hoping his Cricket experience gives him a wicked backhand.

6. If it's about  623502634644668448.png?v=1 then I welcome them with open arms. Otherwise I politely tell them I'm not interested.

For the week ending 10/6:

1. The Hounds committed themselves to buying this week, spending two picks in S70 for defenseman Finnegan MacBurn. Is this a good move? Do we have what it takes to win it all?

2. Speculation about team management has escalated this week, with @GlowyGoat making his nickname "berocka is a racist" and "gustav is a stalinist" on a couple separate occasions. Who's a bigger concern, myself or @berocka? Who gets overthrown first?

3. Which team would the Hounds beat easily in the playoffs?

4. Which team would you least want us to face in the playoffs?

5. You have to describe hockey to someone unfamiliar with the sport in 10 words or fewer. What do you say?

6. Pick any VHL player whose build you'd like to emulate and tell me who it is and why (if you don't know your VHL players, now is the time to do some research!).

@ColeMrtz21 @Cxsquared @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @Tigris @Krice13 @TukTukTheGreat @Radcow @Garrett @Ckbruinfan @efiug @DizzyWithLogic @Kmillsy

1. The Hounds committed themselves to buying this week, spending two picks in S70 for defenseman Finnegan MacBurn. Is this a good move? Do we have what it takes to win it all?

A great move, although I do admit to being biased. I believe the move just might be enough to take us to the promised land.

2. Speculation about team management has escalated this week, with @GlowyGoat making his nickname "berocka is a racist" and "gustav is a stalinist" on a couple separate occasions. Who's a bigger concern, myself or @berocka? Who gets overthrown first?

I believe Gustav will always be a bigger concern. However it's commendable how berocka has been making a name for themselves. Overthrown? Or did you mean eliminated?

3. Which team would the Hounds beat easily in the playoffs?

I'm going with any team we face in the second round. Yukon I guess.

Houston perhaps? I know it's the easy answer.

5. You have to describe hockey to someone unfamiliar with the sport in 10 words or fewer. What do you say?

Ice surface skates sticks flat ball nets fast pace hitting.

6. Pick any VHL player whose build you'd like to emulate and tell me who it is and why (if you don't know your VHL players, now is the time to do some research!).

Jeff Hamilton is the closest probably. Similar to Black Velvet with a little less checking and a little more passing. I would love to get the Alexander Beketov Trophy as a defenseman.

12 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. The Hounds committed themselves to buying this week, spending two picks in S70 for defenseman Finnegan MacBurn. Is this a good move? Do we have what it takes to win it all?

2. Speculation about team management has escalated this week, with @GlowyGoat making his nickname "berocka is a racist" and "gustav is a stalinist" on a couple separate occasions. Who's a bigger concern, myself or @berocka? Who gets overthrown first?

6. Pick any VHL player whose build you'd like to emulate and tell me who it is and why (if you don't know your VHL players, now is the time to do some research!).

@ColeMrtz21 @Cxsquared @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @Tigris @Krice13 @TukTukTheGreat @Radcow @Garrett @Ckbruinfan @efiug @DizzyWithLogic @Kmillsy

w6ONLPv.png&key=e34d1a4310221be5483ef1e5

Sorry I read, "Sasakamoose" @Cxsquared as Saskatoon and probably got lost a bit, it happens quite a bit. AGM for the Saskatoon Wild here, a bit confused, but while I am here fire away!

I would love to see that, but Houston is looking scary as hell. It would be great to see you two in the finals though.

I heard @ColeMrtz slept with Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand under his pillow.

Mexico City would probably be perfect for the first round, after that I think it will be tougher but that you have a great chance at making the finals.

As above, a Houston Bulls final would rock. Being a former Bulls player myself I am a bit biased here, but if you manage to win that series that would be something.

Keep your stick on the ice. D*** in a vice?

The build process seems like magic, people doing incantations. Power forwards with 99 in DF, what?!  So I have started to totally ignore that for my son (Fredrik who plays in New York), he only goes by what is prudent for his position (luckily he's a defender, so lots of DF makes sense). If I could add something that I don't see too much of - maybe the consensus is that it doesn't help, but ST, many players with just 40 in ST.... and at some level I hope it would help with being checked or keeping the puck with your PH.

Anyway, thank you for this opportunity, I need to find my way back to Saskatoon somehow, see if my Uber-driver is up for going there.

Edited by Elmebeck

10/6:

1. The Hounds committed themselves to buying this week, spending two picks in S70 for defenseman Finnegan MacBurn. Is this a good move? Do we have what it takes to win it all?

It was a slightly high price for the player. He is a good talent and will help this team. We have a chance to win it all but the depth needs to pick it up.

2. Speculation about team management has escalated this week, with @GlowyGoat making his nickname "berocka is a racist" and "gustav is a stalinist" on a couple separate occasions. Who's a bigger concern, myself or @berocka? Who gets overthrown first?

Neither are a concern to me. If I had to guess I would say Gustav because it seems like there’s been more than one person trying to get you overthrown haha. I personally have no issues with either of you.

Yukon 

Houston 

5. You have to describe hockey to someone unfamiliar with the sport in 10 words or fewer. What do you say?

the greatest sport of on earth.

Ryan Kastelic would be the build I would emulate. I want to be a playmaker and he has his skating, puck handling and passing at 99 overall. Defense also at 99 overall. He’s put a lot of time into that player.

We have the talent to make a deep cup run so it's worth going all in. I think picking up MacBurn to strength our blue line is a great move.

I've heard rumors that Gustav leads an illicit bicker gang so he's probably more of a threat. I think Berocka would lead the Hounds to great things. He's already started us out on Cricket cross training and I think that's contributed to our success lately.

I think there are a few teams that we could take down but San Diego seem the most promising right now.

Minnesota seems to be building up some solid depth. I think in the playoffs that depth might push them ahead of the pack. So I hope we don't see them in the playoffs.

Figure skating with sticks and fights.

I want to be come a real play make from the blue line so I think Tzuyu @tfong is a really good build to look after. Each season they but up great defensive numbers along with helping drive their team offensively. I have no idea how they do it at 5'6" and only 140 lbs.

10 hours ago, Elmebeck said:

I heard @ColeMrtz slept with Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand under his pillow.

These are wildly unbased accusations and I will not stand for it

On 9/29/2019 at 12:12 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. Love to see it, the more we build ourselves up the better odds we have at the cup this season.

2. Gustav I will personally yeet you into the abyss.

3. All of them, nobody can compete.

4. Vancouver.

5. The best game on earth.

6. I don’t want to emulate a build, despite original builds generally being less likely to succeed, even though “scoring winger” isn’t exactly a hugely unique concept.

This is a fantastic move, while I would say we are still a little short perhaps by the time everyone grows we will have a shot.

2. Speculation about team management has escalated this week, with @GlowyGoat making his nickname "berocka is a racist" and "gustav is a stalinist" on a couple separate occasions. Who's a bigger concern, myself or @berocka? Who gets overthrown first?

berocka is the bigger concern, he is clearly most of the way done his coup.

Halifax

Vegas

Fast and Furious

I would have to say its @Enorama's player.  He brought me into this league and has shown me the ropes ontop of drafting me.  I feel like it is only fair to have him as my role model for all things VHL

On 9/29/2019 at 1:12 PM, GustavMattias said:

I think it's a great move, the team has only been getting better, so I think we have a lot of winning potential.

Gotta go with Gustav. If the rumours are true, I might be sleeping with one eye open from now on.

I'll say Yukon. They seem to struggle to score, so I think we could shut them down pretty easy.

Houston, because they have the lowest goals against. As a scoring player, it would kinda make life difficult to help the team win.

Ice skating, puck in net with sticks, fights, hits.

Jake Davis, because he's a fairly well rounded scoring winger who's consistent season to season

Yes the Hounds will prevail and win the S69 Founder's Cup. Macburn is a championship named player if I ever read one. So yes this is a very good move.

Glowygoat is just trying to take the spotlight off the team with his off ice antics. Probably Glowygoat as he comes across as more of a loose cannon. Why can't we have have both of you overthrown? ?

Las Vegas Aces. Since we're.not located in San Jose. 

Philadelphia Reapers , the name gives me chills.

Ice skating. Use stick to hit rubber circle in net.

6. Pick any VHL player whose build you'd like to emulate and tell me who it is and why (if you don't know your VHL players, now is the time to do some research!).

i would like Milos Slavik to emulate Matthew Borigina the great Helsinki Titan. I admired his work ethic and his players all around game. Despite the fact I despise the VHL team. I can respect the quality of talent they've produced over the seasons. Hopefully Slavik can be half the player Borigina was. 

3 minutes ago, Frank said:

? Hounds or Bulls what's the difference really. 

You're not the first to answer our questions from another team (in fact, this is the second week in a row it's happened). 

It's interesting, though, because I played in Houston as a rookie and Houston and Mississauga are the only two press conference threads I've posted in. Am I just your multi?

4 minutes ago, Frank said:

Yes or I"m living vicariously through you.

You haven't stepped out of David Knight's closet for a while. What if I am David Knight?

(I'm not, just to clarify. There was a conspiracy theory floating around a couple seasons ago that I'm secretly @der meister, actually, but I'm just a new guy)

For the week ending 10/13:

1. Today alone, the Hounds made FOUR waiver signings, including our very own league commissioner @Beketov as our second center. Does this put us up in the league's top tier? Why or why not?

2. Which of our new signings will have the largest impact: Lahtinen, Kachur, Aleksandrov, or Olsen? Why?

3. If you've been here a while, explain the Hounds experience in 10 words or less. If you haven't, what would you like to know about the Hounds experience?

4. Mikko Lahtinen needs a place to stay while he's looking for an apartment in Mississauga. Whose house should he stay at, and whose do you recommend he doesn't?

5. Will your stat line be better or worse for the rest of the season? Why? If you're new, predict your stat line for the rest of the season.

6. What's your favorite NHL team and how do you think they'll do this season?

@ColeMrtz21 @Cxsquared @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @Tigris @Krice13 @TukTukTheGreat @Radcow  @Ckbruinfan @DizzyWithLogic @Beketov @aleks @Reverb

1. We're going to win the cup despite our GM because of our new signings.

2. Olsen. Have you seen her? Strong as an ox and twice as big. Bringing the real Faroese strength to the VHLM. (Note: I am not just saying this because I, myself, am Aleksandra Olsen.)

3. Death to Gustav, rise up and shake off his shackles.

4. I've heard you should always stay with the Wang and never stay with Aleksandr. I want to take a moment to remind you that Aleksandra and Aleksandr are different people, however confusing it may be.

5. I will be very good and become strong enough to overthrow Gustav once and for all.

6. The Edmonton Oilers, I bought a lot of vodka the other night. That tells you how I think that's gonna go.

11 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Today alone, the Hounds made FOUR waiver signings, including our very own league commissioner @Beketov as our second center. Does this put us up in the league's top tier? Why or why not?

2. Which of our new signings will have the largest impact: Lahtinen, Kachur, Aleksandrov, or Olsen? Why?

3. If you've been here a while, explain the Hounds experience in 10 words or less. If you haven't, what would you like to know about the Hounds experience?

4. Mikko Lahtinen needs a place to stay while he's looking for an apartment in Mississauga. Whose house should he stay at, and whose do you recommend he doesn't?

5. Will your stat line be better or worse for the rest of the season? Why? If you're new, predict your stat line for the rest of the season.

1. It should, but we've been on a pretty mediocre stint lately so who knows.

2. I'd imagine Lahtinen as he'll be coming in with the most TPE.

3. Abuse of officials.

4. Brock Louth, they have ties for some strange and totally unknown reason.

5. BETTER, MORE GOALS, MOAR POINTS, GIVE ME AN AWARD DAMMIT.

6. Allow me to explain to you why the DETROIT RED WINGS will go 82-0-0 and win the PRESIDENTS TROPHY.

-Anthony Mantha is on pace for 280+ points

-Tyler Bertuzzi is an ELITE TALENT

-The Larkin, Tuzzi, Mantha line is the most dangerous line in all of hockey

-Filip Hronek is filthy and I love him

-Filpulla is home

-STEVIE Y IS HOME

9 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 10/13:

@ColeMrtz21 @Cxsquared @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @Tigris @Krice13 @TukTukTheGreat @Radcow  @Ckbruinfan @DizzyWithLogic @Beketov @aleks @Reverb

1. I don't think we are top tier yet. But now we've got all the pieces to get there come playoffs.

2. Lahtinen fills a huge gap in our team so they are probably the most important right now.

3. Drunkbird #OverthrowGustav

4. Stay away from Berocka. Might get caught up in some alt-right stuff. I've heard Wang knows how to have a good time.

5. I feel like I'm only getting better offensively. I'm hoping to start showing up in the top 10 for dmen points. I just hope my defensive stats also stay up there.

6. Columbus Blue Jackets and hopefully not god awful.

1. Today alone, the Hounds made FOUR waiver signings, including our very own league commissioner @Beketov as our second center. Does this put us up in the league's top tier? Why or why not?

1. Yes it does, I am not sure why because I haven’t done enough research. Depth is good, that’s why haha.

2.Alexandrov because he’s not afraid of a challenge. 

3. Internal conflict. Hilarious.

4. He can stay at mine because I probably have the nicest place. Probably shouldn’t stay at any of the newcomers places as it sounds like some might want to fight him.

5. better because I’m going to keep improving my player. 10g 18 a 

Canucks. Bubble team. Miss playoffs by 6 pts.