S66 Salary Cap + S65 Louth Rule Punishment

Beketov

• Commissioner

For this upcoming season the cap will be $40 million but with an extra tiered caveat that hasn’t normally been present. What this means is that you have $40 million total but no more than $28 million can be used for prime contracts.

This should allow teams to get the influx of new rookies under contract much easier without having the ability to simply sign an impossibly strong team of veterans.

That cap, however, does not apply directly to the HC Davos Dynamo. Because they broke the Louth rule last season and only started their backup 7 games some punishment is required. The reason I'm doing it with this is because the punishment is a $500k cap hit (off the total, does not affect prime contracts) as well as having to play their backup 9 games in S66 instead of the usual 8.

EDIT: As a means of helping to ensure teams are under the salary cap in Season 66, @Beketov and I have decided to allow teams over either the Prime, or Total, Salary Cap a single, penalty-free, buy-out. What this means is that, if your team is above either cap, you may buy a single player out, without penalty, in order to comply with both caps. If you are over the Total Cap, but not the Prime Cap, you may not buy out a Prime Contract. If you are not over either Cap, your team is not eligible for a free buy-out.

• Commissioner
Just now, Beaviss said:

excited shimmy GIF

Another victim! join the club @ShawnGlade

I just enjoy that you were so bad with this rule that it got named after you even though it had existed for 60+ seasons without a name.

Just now, Beketov said:

I just enjoy that you were so bad with this rule that it got named after you even though it had existed for 60+ seasons without a name.

Had to make my mark somehow.

5 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

What kind of fucking backward ludicrous punishment is this? This whole rule is a fucking joke with punishment being subjective. No shit everyone i know talk about the VHL as the retard little brother of sim league. Theres no reason the punishment fall only on the GM when the simmer can possibly mess up as well. Shawn mentioned the simmer failed to upload Davos' line for THREE FUCKING DAYS. Jesus, i know full well its not hard to import lines in the sim engine. There is no reason this should have gone for three days. Why isnt the simmer responsible of fucking over GMs as well like that? Fuck, being a simmer and hating a team, maybe i wouldnt want to play a back up goalie if the punishment they can get is to NOT PLAY THEM IN THE PLAYOFF. ITS THE FUCKING PLAYOFF. Whats better to fuck over a team that preventing them to play their starter. Im highly surprised no one actually commented on this. Like no one care because thats one less team in the playoff? cant wait it fucking happen to them because this is ridiculous. Thats the first league i see actually punishing a team in the playoff for something so fucking useless as back up games. I get you guys want to show you are serious about your backup game but this is clearly not the way to go. Why do you feel the fucking need to punish a player that didnt do anything because a simmer was too incompetent to load game and a gm smart enough to check the difference between game played and game started? Thanks for nothing asshole because thats what you just did. As well as fucking my team over in playoff on something they dont really control, since the simmer can do whatever the fuck they want at anytime, it seems. Shit those backup game didnt even matter in the standing. This is basically a big joke. Its like you decided to nuke japan after Pearl Harbor.

you mad GIF

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, Peace said:

500k isnt much but not exactly Shawn’s fault either... 

@Quik had to play his backup during a playoff game for the same thing, precedent is there. It’s a GM’s job to keep on top of it.

Just now, Beketov said:

@Quik had to play his backup during a playoff game for the same thing, precedent is there. It’s a GM’s job to keep on top of it.

I played my backup 22 games as compensation.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

To be fair, he literally asked for it ?

Should also note that @ShawnGlade was given the choice of not playing his back up the final few games to take harsher punishment, or to get as close as he could after there was an error on both his and my end. He had sent lines that I missed, but he did not go in to check for another sim after the fact. Since he was in constant communication with me after we both noticed he made the decision and knew some sort of punishment could come.

He actually DID receive lesser punishment here. While it was agreed to evaluate this on a case by case basis, the rule of thumb was that if you miss the playoffs you forfeit a pick, not a minuscule amount of cap space and a rectified back up game. 

On 4/22/2019 at 1:13 PM, Beketov said:

EDIT: As a means of helping to ensure teams are under the salary cap in Season 66, @Beketov and I have decided to allow teams over either the Prime, or Total, Salary Cap a single, penalty-free, buy-out. What this means is that, if your team is above either cap, you may buy a single player out, without penalty, in order to comply with both caps. If you are over the Total Cap, but not the Prime Cap, you may not buy out a Prime Contract. If you are not over either Cap, your team is not eligible for a free buy-out.

@VHL GM see above addendum to the S66 Salary Cap.

As a means of ensuring teams are under the newly raised salary cap? Holy shit, it’s a freebie for certain teams that doesn’t apply to others in order to do them a favour and help them get UFAs. This is some favouritism bullshit

Seems a bit weird that you wouldn't give the teams that are actually following the salary cap rules the free buyout as well tbh. Reward the teams that are actually following the rules.

Edited by omgitshim