S66 Salary Cap + S65 Louth Rule Punishment

Beketov

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

Seems a bit weird that you wouldn't give the teams that are actually following the salary cap rules the free buyout as well tbh. Rewards the teams that are actually following the rules.

Teams under the cap reap the rewards of being able to pick up the bought out players as free agents. The idea is to spread the wealth of the league a bit with teams having a tough time dumping prime contracts to get under the new split cap.

Just now, Beketov said:

Teams under the cap reap the rewards of being able to pick up the bought out players as free agents. The idea is to spread the wealth of the league a bit with teams having a tough time dumping prime contracts to get under the new split cap.

That's fair, and it makes more sense since I had forgotten that free agency hadn't started yet. I know the struggles of trying to get a whole league of teams under a salary cap while allowing for enough space for every player to fit.

Wtf? You can make the argument that I whine too much or whatever, but this is reaaaaaally overpowered. We just raised the cap, if someone is over it then that's on them.

51 minutes ago, Bushito said:

This is some favouritism bullshit

1 hour ago, ShawnGlade said:

Wtf? You can make the argument that I whine too much or whatever, but this is reaaaaaally overpowered. We just raised the cap, if someone is over it then that's on them. 

does this rule mean i get a raise

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

The reward is that the top teams get a huge jump in UFA spending and can freely dump a shit contract. Nobody in this league is over the cap, it was just raised and everyone was under last seasons cap. The idea is to let UFAs land in sweeter spots and the reward for people able to compehend simple math is that they can have garbage contract incative shits, sweet deal.

2 hours ago, Bushito said:

The reward is that the top teams get a huge jump in UFA spending and can freely dump a shit contract. Nobody in this league is over the cap, it was just raised and everyone was under last seasons cap. The idea is to let UFAs land in sweeter spots and the reward for people able to compehend simple math is that they can have garbage contract incative shits, sweet deal.

If they are over the cap and can make use of this cut, then they shouldn't be able to land any valuable UFAs after making their cut since they shouldn't have the cap space. If it is being used to cut a bloated prime contract to sign a better prime contract player at a more affordable price, then yeah I would have an issue with the current implementation of this added rule.

Edited by omgitshim