Ludvig Sederstrom's Draft Stock Falls Dramatically After Unflattering Shirtless Pics Resurface on Instagram

Gustav

HOUSTON--Ludvig Sederstrom, the Bulls' most valuable free-agent signing this past season, has managed to create a few waves recently after the Houston locker room got quiet for, well, a few days. Since the team was knocked out of the playoffs last week (I think? Seems like we've been in the offseason now forever. Time moves by incredibly quik during the season and incredibly slowly outside of it), we've heard next to nothing from an otherwise attention-grabbing locker room. But in today's age of anyone and everyone being ripped apart (sometimes rightfully so, sometimes ridiculously) for things said on social media years in the past, it was only a matter of time before the trend (is trend the right word? Never mind, I've used too many parentheses) found its way to professional hockey. 

"Hanging at the beach with my boys," read the caption on a 2016 post from Ludvig Sederstrom's Instagram account (@xXGangstaBoi42069Xx). "Tried to pick up a few chicks but none of them seem interested in hockey. One of them said I was too white and another rated me a solid 3.8 out of 10. Better luck next time I suppose! XD"

Too white? Come on, Ludvig, you're in Sweden. "Too white" is a legitimate achievement

What mattered most to the online community, however, wasn't the "picking up chicks" comment, nor was it anything that Sederstrom said, for that matter. Since the post resurfaced, it has been slammed relentlessly by player after player and regular internet troll after regular internet troll for none other than the sheer unflattering quality of Sederstrom's shirtless picture. Multiple users made posts along the lines of a simple "ew," but comments as creative as "This is the gay conversion therapy Mike Pence is looking for" could also be seen amongst the ranks in the comment section. Multiple VHL teams who had previously expressed interest in drafting Sederstrom, too, have since backed off that sentiment, and instead opted for the old "decline to comment".

Of course, Sederstrom's sheer ugliness a few years ago says nothing about the physical appearance of his agent (@aleks), who assures me that he's an absolute babe. 

Edited by GustavMattias