The Minnesota Storm are your S65 VHLM Champions!

Eudaldkp

This past week, the playoffs came to an end, as the Storm won over the Halifax 21st with a score of 5 to 3.

It was a game that started out nicely for the local team, scoring the first goal just 3 minutes in, although a penalty caused them to let in a goal by the star defenseman Codrick Past. Luckily for them, Jet Jaguar answered right before the 1st ended and took the lead. The 2nd period didn’t start so nicely, as Volosenkov took a penalty and the Storm capitalized on it with a Wolfe goal. Then, Storm’s 2nd made their appearance in their scoreboard and put them up one goal. In the 3rd, it was Orion Slade who opened the scoring, giving the storm a 4-2 lead. Halifax responded in less than a minute, but so did the Storm again, and Halifax couldn’t claw back to the game.

For their inaugural season in Minnesota, it couldn’t have gone any better, although they would have preferred a better regular season. It wasn’t until there were 15 games left that Minnesota lead the standings, and even then, their results against Halifax, the other top team, weren’t very convincing. As the playoff came, another very strong contender in the Houston Bulls started emerging, thanks to the amazing job that his GM @Sonnet did in both the draft and the free agency, but luckily for the Storm they didn’t have to face them as it was Halifax who eliminated the Bulls. They did have to have the Yukon Rush though, a team who before the draft was looking like another top contender but had some very important losses during the season, with the most notable being one of their top picks, Justin Cole, whom got called up to the VHL.

Storm’s GM, Eudald Puigdemont, seemed to celebrate just as hard as their players, if not harder. It was his first full season as a GM, and what a season it was! I’m sure it is every GM dream to win a cup in your first year. Although he did an impressive job, he has mentioned many times that he couldn’t have done it from the help of his mentors, and specially @Trifecta, the previous GM who did a great job at giving Eudald the right assets for the following season.

We will end the article with some words from Eudald:

“It was an amazing season, from the start to the end. We had our troubles, as we didn’t have a solid starting goalie until well into the season, and the team wasn’t really clicking for half a season. I have got to say, that a few times the thought of retooling and trading away players crossed my mind, but I’m really glad that I decided to go all in and make the necessary moves to acquire some great players.

I just want to thank everyone who was a part of our roster this year, as a lot of you had to stick together and maintained a positive attitude even when we were having rough results against the top teams. It was a pleasure managing you guys and I wish you all well in your future!”

Edited by Eudaldkp