VSN needs an editor and writers!

ShawnGlade

Howdy VHLers! the VSN crew is looking for an editor and 1-3 writers this offseason! Think you got what it takes? Read the listing below and apply in the comments!

Editor

- Have a strong grasp of the English language and basically know you're stuff about grammar

- Be able to give honest feedback

- Stay motivated to edit semi-daily

Pay is 8 TPE weekly

Writer

- Ideally be able to put out 2-3 articles a week (although I won't be upset if you can't)

- Be able to work closely with the editor to provide good content

- Be available to cover special events (Draft, ASG, Finals etc)

- Be able to write English at a good level

Pay is 8 TPE weekly

6 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

Writer

- Ideally be able to put out 2-3 articles a week (although I won't be upset if you can't)

I'd like to apply as a writer. My skills are pretty much limited to writing only, as I'm not much of a graphics guy and wouldn't be interested in or at all good at podcasting. 

I also likely won't be able to make much work in terms of covering events live (i.e. during them), but I'd be able to get something out soon after if needed. 

Hope this doesn't limit me too much.

I'd love to apply for the editor position. I'm pretty good at proofreading and catching little things like syntax and sentence structure that would usually go unnoticed to the reader; I'm also no stranger to giving constructive feedback. I'm pretty active in discord and I'm on the site at least once every day. I would also love to work with @GustavMattias, since we often talk about article ideas in discord. 

Edited by Radcow

I'll toss my name in the hat for editing.

You guys already know what a stickler I am for grammar and spelling if you've spent more than two seconds talking to me in discord.

@BladeMaiden has always received the brunt of it.

4 hours ago, Enorama said:

You guys already know what a stickler I am for grammar and spelling if you've spent more than two seconds talking to me in discord.

I can confirm this, although it is 100% unsolicited. :) Eno would be a great choice  for any editing position. The Job is literally made for him.

Damn that 8 TPE looks nice, and who better to edit than the guy with a journalism and literature degree, but tbh I have my hands full with everything else at the moment. I've done the editor job before but as much as it would be easy TPE for me, I just won't have the time.

5 hours ago, Enorama said:

I can second this. I've long since given up the grammar correcting crusade (the comparisons to a former political party responsible for millions of deaths didn't help) but Eno has taken up the banner in my absence. Eno is now what I was about 5-8 years ago.

I would like to apply for the editing. I am Master's student right now and I am always immersed in academic and non-academic writing. I'd love to be able to edit more and help the VHL out. 

Ask me any questions if you'd like I'd be happy to answer. 

@ShawnGlade I don't know who you're planning on hiring, but I would like to officially cancel my application.

I'd rather see someone without a league job get one than myself, and I've come to the realization that I like doing my own thing article-wise anyway.

Thanks for the consideration though!

I would love to apply for the editor position. It would be tonnes of fun to edit content so we can pump out quality articles daily. 

Edited by fonziGG

I'll apply as an editor, I'm in another discord server and one of my jobs there is spellchecking/grammar checking the announcements, Tweets, and Reddit posts.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:34 AM, ShawnGlade said:

Howdy VHLers! the VSN crew is looking for an editor and 1-3 writers this offseason! Think you got what it takes? Read the listing below and apply in the comments!

Editor

- Have a strong grasp of the English language and basically know you're stuff about grammar

- Be able to give honest feedback

- Stay motivated to edit semi-daily

Pay is 8 TPE weekly

Writer

Pay is 8 TPE weekly

Would definitely be on board