S65 Off-Season Schedule

Beketov

• Commissioner
Just now, BOOM said:

So where you going? 

Haven’t decided yet. Between 3 teams right now unless someone comes up to snipe me. Where you going?

On 4/30/2019 at 3:34 PM, gregreg said:

Finally a draft date!!! 

Excited to get drafted and then go inactive!!! 

You can't leave me now!!

On 4/30/2019 at 3:49 PM, TheLastOlympian07 said:

i feel personally attacked at how relatable this is for me

Ask @DollarAndADream how he feels about Bennington.... :|

• Commissioner

Sorry I broke everything in the middle and had to redo the first 45 picks but it’s all setup properly now and officially done so congrats to everyone that got drafted!

@Beketov
@Quik

Hey, just a question, but the TPE cutoff is Sunday. 

Training camps end Monday. 

Can players staying down this season still claim training camp after the TPE cutoff and stay down? 

Say R. Peace is at 199 TPE and got drafted today, waits until Monday to claim the +10 (which is after the cutoff, so he's eligible for VHLM play still), and the +10 to gets him to 209 on that Monday. 

Is this an oversight or a one-time deal this season because of how late the draft is? 

Is VHL retirement day still today? @Quik @Beketov

If so, pre-season will have to quik in and/or the next season started on the portal. Not allowing my player to retire despite "Please consult the Off-Season Schedule for more information." :P 

FYI, a slow decision on this will cost me TPE. 

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Is VHL retirement day still today? @Quik @Beketov

If so, pre-season will have to quik in and/or the next season started on the portal. Not allowing my player to retire despite "Please consult the Off-Season Schedule for more information." :P 

18 hours ago, Peace said:

@Beketov
@Quik

Hey, just a question, but the TPE cutoff is Sunday. 

Training camps end Monday. 

Can players staying down this season still claim training camp after the TPE cutoff and stay down? 

Say R. Peace is at 199 TPE and got drafted today, waits until Monday to claim the +10 (which is after the cutoff, so he's eligible for VHLM play still), and the +10 to gets him to 209 on that Monday. 

Is this an oversight or a one-time deal this season because of how late the draft is? 

(Any players who have earned 201 TPE or more, up to and including this date, will no longer be eligible to play in the VHLM for S65 - Training Camp may not be claimed after this date if you are at the Cap; if you are within 10, you may claim up to the cap, i.e. If you are at 194, you may claim 6 TPE from Training Camp) 

^ was in the s64 schedule, so I'm assuming Bek just didn't copy it in. So I'm guessing just an oversight, since you can still claim training camp as a vhlm player if you aren't at the cap.

20 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

(Any players who have earned 201 TPE or more, up to and including this date, will no longer be eligible to play in the VHLM for S65 - Training Camp may not be claimed after this date if you are at the Cap; if you are within 10, you may claim up to the cap, i.e. If you are at 194, you may claim 6 TPE from Training Camp) 

^ was in the s64 schedule, so I'm assuming Bek just didn't copy it in. So I'm guessing just an oversight, since you can still claim training camp as a vhlm player if you aren't at the cap.

That's why I'm clarifying. 

• Commissioner
  • Indexes will go up today for both the VHL and VHLM.
    • Unless  @VHL GM 's or  @VHLM GM 's heavily care we will likely skip Pre-season to save ourselves a couple of days and get the season started tomorrow.
    • @Victor Could you please do a final post-draft check to make sure caps are all being met before the season?
  • As has been the story of this off-season, a weird portal bug is stopping me from distributing Prediction Points but we're working on that. New ones will open when old ones are distributed. If it goes into the season a bit that's okay.
  • On account of the draft being late training camps will remain open until the end of the week to allow for newly drafted players to take part.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

I personally don't much care about pre-season, so it is fine by me. I hope that we can get on with the season as soon as possible as this has been pretty long off-season ;)

That was my thinking. Pre-season will add at least 2 days before we can get going and doesn't really offer much. I feel like the majority would prefer to start the season tomorrow rather than Thursday.