VSN - Shooting Stars - The Palindrome Paladin, Oyorra Arroyo!

Oyorra Arroyo has a most peculiar name, but his name is known around the VHL. This season he has been a superstar, just like always. Surpassing the 100 point mark for a third season and getting past the 60 goal mark, he has been scoring like crazy. He leads the league in goals with 62 of them, with second place behind by 7 goals, and he leads the league in points with 125. He has been exceptional this year, even winning the cup with the Legion, is a front-runner for league ?MVP? , and is with no doubt, the best player this year.

I was lucky enough to be able to interview this star after their game in Toronto aganst the :hel:Helsinki Titans:hel: where the Legion won 3-1 (and yes, Oyorra scored, as expected).

He had just finished the game and was in the locker room. I was able to ask 3 questions before getting completely swarmed by the other reporters.

I asked him, "What do you think shaped you most as a player?"

His response was, "I was always a big shooter when I first entered the game, but joining a talented Calgary team as a true rookie really helped me see what it took to win and develop as an all-around player and team mate. "

Well, I think he's MORE than just an all-around player teammate. He's the best player in the LEAGUE right now!

I noticed more reporters were showing up so I decided to ask the next question. "What is your mindset during games?" Mindset is a very important factor in hockey I find, so I was curious to see what he thought and what he thinks throughout games.

"I'm always thinking about 'win the next'. Don't dwell on mistakes, just focus on the task at hand. Miss a shot? Take another. Lose the puck? Get back on D and win it back again. There's no time to think about what ifs, there's only do."

Hm. Maybe I should think like that. A bunch of reporters started coming in. I knew I had to ask a question and fast. "Uhhhh, what's your jersey number and why did you choose it?"

Despite the fact that the other reporters were slowly surrounding me and I was drowning in the sea of reporters, he calmly answered, "17 because it's my lucky number and was the age where I got my first shot at a professional level."

"17, nice." I thought to myself before drowning in the ocean of reporters. There were about 30 of them, all cramping up in a group just to ask Oyorra questions. After a few minutes of being lost in the sea of reporters, I finally escaped. I dusted myself off and started walking down the hall, but then I heard a stampede coming my way. I have never seen more people try to fit through a small hallway in my life.

Edited by SlapshotDragon