Beketov

S65 Sponsor’s Shield Tournament Index

9 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

@Beketov

Isn't the backup supposed to play a minimum of 3 games? VIKINGS didn't start their backup (Ragnar G) in any games.

If that's the rule, then I feel kind of screwed on NETFLEX who were tied with VIKINGS and missed the playoffs.

Honestly I don’t remember and this wasn’t really brought up until after the playoffs were set. Considering I could t change the teams in the playoffs once they were set up there’s nothing that could really be done.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Honestly I don’t remember and this wasn’t really brought up until after the playoffs were set. Considering I could t change the teams in the playoffs once they were set up there’s nothing that could really be done.

Yeah it's definitely in the rules.

I thought @Romariswas going to bring it up, but I guess not.

Oh well. I'll just take whatever position Viking gets. :P

17 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I agree on what dollar said here. We were told that all backup goalies were supposed to play 3 games.

There must be a minimum of 2 goalies listed on your roster

• Back-up goalies must start a minimum of 3 games.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

58 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Looking at the Index, NETFLEX was the only team that followed the rule. Give their players the same awards Viking ends up earning since they were actually paying attention and call it a day I guess.

Edited by omgitshim

4 hours ago, omgitshim said:

Looking at the Index, NETFLEX was the only team that followed the rule. Give their players the same awards Viking ends up earning since they were actually paying attention and call it a day I guess.

In all honesty I can't say 100% that I would have followed the rule if we didn't have both Kriketers and Kingfisher to put in net. I split their games because they're both awesome goaltenders. :lol:

But, as a GM I was always on top of backup starts, and for whatever reason I'm usually on GMs asses if they aren't getting their backup games in towards the end of the season, so I probably would have done it either way.

Let's be real here though. @Romaris could have had a great advantage in this tournament by getting both Kingfisher and Kriketers on the squad, because a lot of other teams only had a CPU G as their backup. NETFLEX should have had an advantage by signing 2 great goalies, but that advantage didn't matter because the rule never was enforced.

Also, I'm going to tag @Advantage here because I said 'advantage' twice, even though this has nothing to do with you.

Yeah, unfortunately Netflex was the only squad to follow the back-up minimum, and we cannot replace Viking in the playoffs without re-simming the entire tournament.

Beketov and I do agree that it's a difficult situation, so we will allow players from NETFLEX brand to claim the same reward as VIKING brand, should VIKING advance to the Final.

31 minutes ago, DilIsPickle said:

@Beketov when do you plan on simming the next game?

I’ve been busy, I’ve got a life to deal with outside of simming. It’ll probably be tonight.