Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

• 4 months later...

1. How do you feel on playing for the Mexico City Kings?

2. Did you expect to be drafted where you went?

3. Are you happy with where you got drafted in the vhl/where do you think youll be drafted in the vhl?

4. What's your gameplan for this season?

5. Is a hotdog a sandwich?

6. What are your expectations for your player in the VHLM?

3 hours ago, Nykonax said:

3. Are you happy with where you got drafted in the vhl/where do you think youll be drafted in the vhl?

1. I'm very excited. It's a new chapter in my life, I look forward to being part of this wonderful franchise.

2. No, not at all. I had no idea the Kings were interested in me. 

3. Absolutely! Riga is an amazing place. I can't wait to get started there. 

4. I'm definitely headed to Mexico City to develop my game more. I feel like I have a lot more to learn about the pro game. I'm hoping to build on my previous season. I don't have a specific goal pointwise. I just want to help this team contend.

5. Hmm, I'm inclined to say no but in theory I suppose it is.

6. If I'm going to set goals I'd like to be in the 55-60 point range with close to 15 goals. But I also want to be a physical player, blocking shots, and being defensively responsible. 

Great, the whole team seems to be on board to be active and things should fall in place quickly, I like the big market, logo and being drafted to a team with a past teammates is the cherry on top!

Yeah actually, knew I wasn't a top pick and was probably going to be selected late in the 1st round, ended up being the first pick in the 2nd round so I was kind of right.. 

Very happy to be selected in the top 30 after not being drafted at all last season. The team had a lot of selections in the draft and has a lot of potential, we all just need to make it to practice every day and work on the right skills.

Hopefully score more goals while doing the same stuff as last season, try and be a more complete player so I can get on the score sheet at opportune times.

Nope, you need more ingredients for a sandwich.

Hopefully take home a few awards, the sky's the limit and I want to help my teammates develop their game and have a team full of shooters by the end of the season that will be ready to strap in during tough times to secure a win or get a comeback victory.

On 9/10/2019 at 4:18 PM, Nykonax said:

1. I am extremely excited for this new journey. The Mexico City fans are great and so diverse and want to make the team proud taking the big chance on me.

2. Not at all, no way was I thinking 1st Overall.

3. Have not been drafted yet but I hope there is a spot for me when the time comes!

4. Be a beast. Reaction time is the best in the league and trying to keep elite in other areas also.

5. No, it is not.

6. Goalie of the Year and a cup of course!

I love being on the Mexico City Kings!  We've got great management and a good and active LR.  A few of my buddies from the PBE were drafted here also so there were immediate friends as well as new ones.

Not at all!  I figured I would go much lower in the draft, but I guess GM knew me a little from my time hanging out in the SHL Colorado Raptors LR while I'm waiting for the draft to start there.

This is my first season in the league, so I haven't been drafted to the VHL yet.  I'm hoping to show that I am active and worth a decent pick on.

Just keep my head down and earn TPE and enjoy the LR and the discord channels.  Just want to get a baseline good player going so that I can build on it in the VHL.

Very good question.  Guess I'll go with "yes".  It has a meat/fish/chicken/egg middle (meat in hotdog's case) with two pieces of bread on each side.

I'm hoping he can turn into a goal scorer as he was created as a sniper.

Well I get every opportunity to say Shush Nyko and to make fun of him at every turn so that's good. Our team is pretty good as well, so that helps.

Yeah, that was about right.

I think I will get drafted in some round that both has players and drafts players. I can go anywhere and play anywhere, I will be the best or the worst thing that happens to your team, only you can decide that.

Earn some TPE, get better and hopefully be good next year.

Yes, 100% and this isn't really up for debate.

Win a cup and be the best player on the ice at all times, make it happen Nyko.

1. Who are your favourite teammates so far?

2. What do you think about the Kings start?

3. Where do you think the Kings will finish this season in the standings?

4. What's your favourite deke on the ice?

5. Name one thing you would try in practice, but not in a game?

6. Do you think the Kings are lacking in any specific area on the ice right now?

2 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

6. Do you think the Kings are lacking in any specific area on the ice right now?

1. @SDCore

2. Think we've had some unlucky games

3. 1st obviously

4. Nothin like the good ol triple deke

5. Between the legs shot

6. A good AGM

Who are your favorite teammates so far?

Very hard to choose somebody this early, specially when the whole team is pretty bad ass. Hunter would probably be my pick, had him as a teammate before and love playing with him on the PP

What do you think about the Kings start?

Strong and poised, obviously we could use a little work but if we continue to play at the best of our abilities I don't see why we cant continue playing strong, big props to our coach.

Where do you think the Kings will finish this season in the standings?

Somewhere in the top 5.

What's your favorite deke on the ice?

Usually go with the left, right, left, right, fake left, shoot right and if that doesn't work I speed towards the net as fast as I can and slap it home.

Name one thing you would try in practice, but not in a game?

Think I might try bringing a few extra pucks, our goalie is rock solid and has shutout me out all season thus far, if that fails... I'm kicking it in!

Do you think the Kings are lacking in any specific area on the ice right now?

We could use a few more defenders, our team has talents in every area but if we can get a little more defensive minded players we could be dangerous.

Edited by diacope

21 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

1. That's a loaded question. All of them are amazing guys. They're awesome around the dressing room, they come to battle every night.

2. Ups and downs for sure. We're here to game though, it's going to be a war out there every night versus us. We will make teams pay for their mistakes. 

3. 1st. The guys on this team is geared up and ready to fight for it. 

4. Forehand - backhand -  leg kick - top shelf. 

5. Oh man, probably some fancy shoot out move like a between the legs shoot out move. Something along those lines. 

6. No. We have all the pieces to be a top team. We're all human, we're going to make mistakes it's just a matter of putting it all together and winning games.

1. Where do you want to be drafted to?

2. What round do you think you will be drafted?

3. Are your plans to transition to the VHL next season, or stay and light up the VHLM for another season?

4. What's up with that Nyko GM?

5. Do you feel the VHLM commissioners are running the league well this season?

6. Your team is tied for 4th right now, what needs to be done to clamp to the top of the standings?

To be honest, I haven't even given it a thought.  It's just too far away right now.

I hope that I will go reasonably high, because I hope that will mean that I have worked hard to get better and deserve the honor.

3. Are your plans to transition to the VHL next season, or stay and light up the VHLM for another season?

Definitely going to stay down unless my eventual VHL team really wants me up.

Best GM ever.  He took a chance and drafted me.

Sure.  I don't really notice them or any problems.  That usually means people are doing their jobs.

6. Your team is tied for 4th right now, what needs to be done to clamp to the top of the standings?

Practice, practice, practice.  If we keep grinding on the ice for TPE, we'll keep moving up.

New York or Prague would be cool, but really don't have that much of a preference.

Meh, probably a bit late, I'm not super active or talkative on the site, so I probably will fall a bit.

I think my plans are to stay down and work a bit more and hopefully tear up the league.

He is a big dumb, thinks we all like him, but in the end its just a big Shush Nyko.

I feel like the league has been enjoyable. I haven't noticed anything big from them, so I guess that is a good thing.

Win! UPDATE! Win! Play Shush Nyko more!

Anywhere that could use a goalie soon :) 

Probably 2nd or 3rd if there is not a big need!

I have no idea, whatever the team plans for me to do!

He is solid, I mean, he took me so how bad could he be!?

I think so, VHLM seems better this time around

We got to score a lot more goals!

Don't really have a preference, will play anywhere because I'm here for the experience. Happy getting drafted to Riga and Mexico City.

i can see myself being a middle pack pick, so far that rings true because I was drafted at the end of the 1st and at the start of the second in both VHL and VHLM drafts and I'm fine with that. I'd rather prove people wrong instead of prove people right.

Will play wherever whenever and give my best effort, love the game of hockey and every time I hit the ice I'm thrilled to get the chance to play and show off my game to the fans.

Not sure, not sure.. His profile picture makes me feel safe though. Love those shades!

Haven't really been paying attention to the people running things, so far everything has went smooth and I'm really enjoying myself so I guess they have done a great job.

If we can continue to maintain a decent effort every game we can end the season with home ice advantage, being overconfident will be our downfall and we should focus one period at a time to ensure our fans home ice advantage.

Edited by diacope

1. Any recommendations for the GMs before the trade deadline approaches?

2. Have you started to think about what VHL teams you'd like to play for?

3. What is your main goal for the rest of the season?

4. Who do you think is the most underrated player on Mexico City?

5. Who do you think is Mexico's rival in the VHLM?

6. Which team do you like playing against the most this season?

Any recommendations for the GMs before the trade deadline approaches?

"If any trades come in that will upgrade and benefit our team this season should get an extra look, we are on our way to success and a little sprinkle of talent from another team will only make us an even stronger club as a whole."

Have you started to think about what VHL teams you'd like to play for?

"I've been saying since the start I wanted to play for Vancouver because I'm from there but after I was drafted to Riga my mind definitely changed, although it would be great playing very close to family the pressure might be too much at the start of my career, playing in Europe again will be better I think only because I feel comfortable with the fans and I've had success so hopefully those ingredients make for a good start with the Reign."

What is your main goal for the rest of the season?

"I came into the season wanting to score more goals than I did last season and I'm on pace to pass those measures but not getting as many points really weighs heavy on me because I want to prove I can make an impact and sadly this season I have not so my goal now would be to get involved in every play and focus on making the right decisions on the offensive zone."

Who do you think is the most underrated player on Mexico City?

"First name that came to mind was Nyko, I can see him being a playing in this league for a long time."

Who do you think is Mexico's rival in the VHLM?

"Good question, not exactly sure. I know my rival would be Saskatoon but since the organization is just rising up after some rough years I'd say Houston or Halifax, you gotta beat the best if you want to be the best and we have had some very competitive games against the 21st." 

Which team do you like playing against the most this season?

"Easy, San Diego. Playing against my former team is exciting!"

I'd say to look for our biggest weaknesses and make a trade to shore those up, but I don't want to lose any teammates and you can't just play for one season anyway.

Not really, that's too far in the future. I'm just keeping my head down to improve my player to help my current team - the Kings.

I just want to keep scoring goals to help us win hockey games.  Everyone has a role: playmaker, stonewall defense, enforcer...mine is lighting the lamp.

Probably Symere Myles.  Has the second best +/- on the team, but doesn't score as much so doesn't get credit.  And his shot efficiency is incredible (21.62%).  Doesn't shoot as much as some, but when he does, he connects.

Maybe the Houston Bulls.  They're closest to us geographically and we get quite a few Houston fans coming down to visit Mexico and stopping in to watch the Bulls - Kings matchups.

Not sure I could pick just one.  I just like being on the ice.

Keep us playoff bound, if we make it, anything can happen!

I will play for any team that needs a star goalie

Keep improving and become a great player

Me, I am better than how I have played for sure

I have no idea, maybe San Diego?

Whoever we have beaten a lot, I don't know any specifics

• 5 weeks later...

Good morning Mexico City Kings! It’s your new AGM Brody Claymore here and I’m excited to see all the new faces. Let’s start this season off with a quick and easy 2 TPE Press Conference. For those new here, just answer all 6 questions below, then use a link to that comment to claim 2 TPE in the Portal under Capped > Press Conference. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

1. Mexico City is a new team and city for some of you, and for others it’s your second season. How does it feel to either be here for the first time or coming back for a second?
  2. What are your goals for this season?
  3. The offseason has brought in new management. How does this change make you feel for the future of Mexico City?
  4. If you had to pick a training partner for this season, who out of your new teammates would it be?
  5. What’s your favorite animal?
  6. If you had to be drafted, or redrafted today, which VHL team would you want to be drafted by? (This is a great opportunity to look into the VHL teams.)

26 minutes ago, Cxsquared said:

1. Mexico City is a new team and city for some of you, and for others it’s your second season. How does it feel to either be here for the first time or coming back for a second?
  3. The offseason has brought in new management. How does this change make you feel for the future of Mexico City?
  4. If you had to pick a training partner for this season, who out of your new teammates would it be?
  6. If you had to be drafted, or redrafted today, which VHL team would you want to be drafted by? (This is a great opportunity to look into the VHL teams.)

1. I played for the San Diego Marlins last season so Mexico City is new to me. Since being drafted by the Kings, it has been nothing but a good experience. It feels good to be here.

2. The main goal for me this season would be for the team to be as competitive as possible and do my part in helping to win a championship. On a personal level, I would like to improve upon my offensive numbers while my defensive numbers don’t take a hit.

3. I wasn’t here with the old management so it doesn’t change a lot for me. I do feel as though this new management has done a good job so far and I have confidence that they will do their very best to help make us very competitive on the ice.

4. I would have to say goaltender, Nicolas Fomba. He was a fellow Marlin last season and that would make us very comfortable with each other already.

5. My favourite animal for a pet would be a dog. As for all around favourite animal, I would go with a bull.

6. I love it in Moscow so far but if I had to be re-drafted into the VHL, I would want to be drafted by either the Riga Reign or Helsinki Titans.

1. Mexico City is a new team and city for some of you, and for others it’s your second season. How does it feel to either be here for the first time or coming back for a second? Oh being back in MX City is interesting. I was accidentally cut, so being back here is interesting. Hopefully we do well this season.
  2. What are your goals for this season? Score more and contribute as much as I can. Win a championship then move up to Riga.
  3. The offseason has brought in new management. How does this change make you feel for the future of Mexico City? Very good, the old management was lackluster, especially that Nyko guy.
  4. If you had to pick a training partner for this season, who out of your new teammates would it be? Probably Oscar Lagesson, he is our best defender and you have to beat the best to be the best.
  5. What’s your favorite animal? Either a Polar Bear or a Ocelot.
  6. If you had to be drafted, or redrafted today, which VHL team would you want to be drafted by? (This is a great opportunity to look into the VHL teams.) Nope, I am happy so far in Riga.

Happy to be on a hockey club that is willing to endorse a local drug cartel. 

69 (nice) or more points this season. I will probably score at least 69 (nice) goals though.

Don't know who the old management was (sorry) but I'm happy with who we have right now. Should be a fun season for the Kings.

Gotta be Shush Nyko. Super hard worker and I wanna one day also shush Nyko.

Puppy monkey baby.

I don't have a favorite, necessarily, but Riga sounds cool as of now. I'd like to go to an EU team, but I'll literally play anywhere and still love it- I hope...