Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

1 hour ago, Hylands said:

#nocaps edition :(

1. We were eliminated in the first round of playoffs by Vegas, and the series finished 4-1. Are you surprised by this result?

2. What are your goals in the off-season as far as improving your skills?

3. If you are draft eligible this season, are you excited for the upcoming draft? If you have been drafted already, what advice do you have for the players waiting to hear their name called by a VHL team?

4. Are you the type of person to vacation during the off-season, or just stay at home and chill with the family?

5. What kind of things will you be doing to pass the time until hockey resumes?

6. Are you overall happy with how the season went for you? If not, why not?

1. I'm not surprised, this wasn't going to be our year, I'm just happy we made the playoffs though

2. My goals are just becoming more active, because having fun is more important that being good

3. I am excited for the oncoming draft, and I'm curious what will become of me

4. Definitely vacay

5. Focusing on the ISFL, cause 1 sim league is tough enough

6. Yea, I'm happy, and I plan on building off of this success

2 hours ago, Hylands said:

1. We were eliminated in the first round of playoffs by Vegas, and the series finished 4-1. Are you surprised by this result?

3. If you are draft eligible this season, are you excited for the upcoming draft? If you have been drafted already, what advice do you have for the players waiting to hear their name called by a VHL team?

4. Are you the type of person to vacation during the off-season, or just stay at home and chill with the family?

1) Not really. We were much closer to winning that series than it looks though

2) Get to VHLM cap

3) I don’t have much advise. I was drafted nearly last and wasn’t even expecting to be drafted at all

4) Stay home. Going out is overrated 

5) Netflix 

6) I wish I could’ve ended with a .912+ save % 

23 hours ago, Hylands said:

1. As much as I don't want to say it, I'm not surprised

2. I want to become a better defenseman (strength, checking, and defense)

3. I'm excited, I don't know if I'll get drafted by a VHL team but drafts are always fun.

4. Chill with the family

5. Doing other hobbies, like playing NHL21 and Go

6. I'm happy because I think I made a positive contribution to the team. 

On 10/26/2020 at 11:25 AM, Hylands said:

1. I think I'd be surprised regardless of the outcome, that's the joy of playoff hockey. You never know what could happen. We had a shutout game, we had games that went to overtime, we had one hell of a postseason and I'm nothing but proud of everyone.

2. My goals certainly would be working on my discipline, kinda tired of spending time in the penalty box. That and getting my numbers up, points, shots, hits, everything.

3. I'm incredibly excited for this upcoming draft actually, I have no idea what teams would take me and I'm pretty excited to see myself possibly in the VHL soon. My time in the VHLM all started with a focus of getting value for the draft so, I hope the games I played were of good use.

4. I like to mix it up a bit, you know from travelling from country to country, city to city, sometimes you need a break. So I most likely am gonna spend time chilling at home with family for a bit and get a nice vacation in before the season begins. Maybe once I get drafted, I'll take a visit to my new "home".

5. Some days I'll be relaxing at home, healing any wounds and bruises, when I'm feeling better I'll start practicing, most likely gonna catch up on any old hobbies I couldn't do while on the road.

6. Very happy, of course I could say it could've went better but at the same time the team really went in a good direction than what was expected. We made playoffs, grew the team, we made our name known and I'm proud to have been a King for a few games. 

1. Sadly no we tried our best but in the end I think a lot of our guys are young and need a bit more time to develop

2. Get as good as I can continue to practice and work my way up

3. I'm excited as I really do believe I will be a valuable asset to any team I join

4. Stay home and see the fam

5. Ball Hockey is a passion of mine... gotta keep improving

6. Yes honestly we had a great squad who worked hard and did surprisingly well

1. not really, i hoped we could win but we were not as good as them

2. Maybe improving my defense and my passing

3. excited for the people who will be going up to the new league, wishing them best of luck

4. stay home and chill, game and surf the web

5. Watch swimming league and swim

6. yea, i was pretty happy with my stats this season

Off-season edition!

1. How excited are you for the upcoming 75th season?
2. Do you think the off-season needs some activites to keep you engaged?

3. What are your thoughts on the VHLM finals matchup of Miami vs Mississauga?

4. If you had to choose one song to pump up the team before a game, what would it be?

5. Does pineapple belong on pizza?

6. What is your favourite VHLM team/city to travel to for away games?

18 minutes ago, Hylands said:

Off-season edition!

4. If you had to choose one song to pump up the team before a game, what would it be?

1) were winning it all next season

2) no not really

3) sus I tell ya

4) my humps. Who wouldn’t be pumped 

5)never tried so I can’t say yes or no

6) traveling is overrated but i guess Vegas 

40 minutes ago, Hylands said:

Off-season edition!

1. Very excited. This is our year and we're winning it all.

2. Honestly no. I'm probably biased here as VHL is not my main league, but I don't really need anything else taking my attention. However, if this question was being asked in the SBA, I would probably say yes.

3. I hope Miami wins, it would be an amazing Cinderella story.

4. Hmm I don't know of any Mexican pump-up songs. Does Mexican heavy metal exist? That would be great lmao

5. I've tried it, not a fan, but I can see why some would. It's a topping like it any other.

6. Miami is a nice place to visit.

Edited by jhatty8

23 hours ago, Hylands said:

Off-season edition!

1. I'm incredibly excited for the upcoming season, I'm eligible for the VHL and VHLM draft so to be put on a brand new team is quite exciting to see. This here is simply gonna be the start of my career. Can't get better than that!

2. I would say so yeah, usually the off season stinks for players and fans cause no games or hockey is going on so we gotta fill our time with something. Activities and big events like the draft and free agency certainly make that possible.

3. Me and the rest of the locker room legit are stunned Miami made it this far, like... no offense but I've been expecting the other teams to win and they manage to beat them so. I'm cheering for Mississauga, if you get what I'm saying. 

4. There has been a few songs I have been playing around the locker room "WHATSGOOD" by Tyler the Creator been pumping us up but also "Crown Me" by Hopsin is incredibly fitting for the Kings. If I gotta pick, "Crown Me" baby.

5. Yeah, I guess. I'm a cheese pizza guy so I don't really mind or debate pineapple on pizza. You do you, your money, your stomach.

6. I wanna say Yukon was actually pretty interesting at first simply because.... I didn't know it existed. So for Canada, I'll go Yukon and for America... Ooh, Vegas. Vegas is always fun. When we got eliminated we all just went out gambling and the fans gave us a lot of sh*t since they beat us. Bragging rights.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:06 AM, Hylands said:

Off-season edition!

1. I very excited, it'll be my first full season in the league and I can't wait to see what I can accomplish

2. It would be nice to have more offseason activities because the only thing I can do is respond to draft interviews

3. It'll definitely be interesting, I never expected Miami to make it that far.

4. "Lights and Sounds" by Yellowcard

5. Yes

6. Las Vegas

1. Mexico City is a new team and city for some of you, and for others it’s your second season. How does it feel to either be here for the first time or coming back for a second?     Well, I was recruited part way through the season, and it certainly was a learning experience.  Fortunately the Mexico City Kings were patient and steered me in the right direction.
  2. What are your goals for this season?    My goals are to continue to develop as a player.  I want to emphasize basic skills over the course of the next few seasons .
  3. The offseason has brought in new management. How does this change make you feel for the future of Mexico City?    It really doesn't.  The current management I am sure have a direction in mind and will staff the team accordingly.
  4. If you had to pick a training partner for this season, who out of your new teammates would it be?    Likely RJ Thatcher as he seems to be trending in the way I would like to go.
  5. What’s your favorite animal?    Gotta be my longtime pal, a black lab called Bandit.
  6. If you had to be drafted, or redrafted today, which VHL team would you want to be drafted by? (This is a great opportunity to look into the VHL teams.)    To be honest, I don't think it makes a real difference.  Each team will have a different direction and focus on different things.  I likely would want to be drafted by a team that is rebuilding so that there would be a compliment of younger players around which a team could experience success.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:06 AM, Hylands said:

Off-season edition!

1. I am very excited. I have yet to be drafted and will enjoy being on a team for a full season

2. I do think there needs to be more offseason activities. It helps players gain tpe on not as good teams late in the season

3. I think Miami’s winning. They’re an underdog and they keep clutching up. I think it will be a game seven win

4. I don’t know maybe thunderstruck 

5. NO.

6. I like to travel to Mexico City. It is a unique experience 

Post draft edition!

1. Now that the draft has passed, what do you think of Mexico City's chances at a Cup next season?

2. Which team do you think will be our toughest competition throughout the season?

3. Did you watch the VHLM draft? If so, who do you think was the biggest steal of the draft?

4. Is there anything we need to focus on heading into next season?

5. How do you plan on getting back in shape for the season after a somewhat lengthy off-season?

6. Did you have a productive off-season?

9 minutes ago, Hylands said:

Post draft edition!

1. Now that the draft has passed, what do you think of Mexico City's chances at a Cup next season?

2. Which team do you think will be our toughest competition throughout the season?

3. Did you watch the VHLM draft? If so, who do you think was the biggest steal of the draft?

5. How do you plan on getting back in shape for the season after a somewhat lengthy off-season?

1. We're gonna win it all baby. Nobody's gonna beat us.

2. Halifass still thinks they're good, yeah? Let's show em up.

3. Kid Frost for sure. SBA affil guys on the come up.

4. Defense and passing. I can get the goals.

5. I'm never out of shape, miss me with that.

6. Yes, I trained well and I'm ready to become the best VHLM player.

2 hours ago, Hylands said:

Post draft edition!

1) We look pretty good on paper. 

2) I would say whomever is stacked with TPE. 

3) I didn’t get to watch this time. 

4) Just conditioning and development of all players. 

5) I have been training regularly in the off season. 

6) Yes lots of training  and getting stuff done around my property. 

5 hours ago, Hylands said:

Post draft edition!

1. Mexico City has a grat chance to win the cup.

2. Houston Bulls :D

3. I didn't have time to watch it but I Mexico city drafted very skilled players so they are really really competitive in the next season.

4. I am trying to really get into Mexico's team.

5. I will check my trainind dummy 1000 time a day.

6. I was kinda lazy but got some TP in the off-season

6 hours ago, Hylands said:

Post draft edition!

1. Well first thing I gotta say is that it's GREAT to be back! Regarding the team draft I have very good hopes for the future, I mean when I joined during the middle of S74 the team at first wasn't expecting to go far or do much and next thing you know we went into the playoffs. I think now the team morale is to keep pushing for more, to go to the playoffs, to get to the championships, etc. S75's chances are alot more hopeful and focused on than last season.

2. Honestly, it's weird to say this but I think Miami could be the toughest competition. They've made alot of good picks and trades for the draft and I think they're very determined on getting better to defend their championship.

3. Of course! I mean regarding the draft I wanna say San Diego definitely had a good steal by having the first two overall picks in the first round but man I still can't believe Sterling dropped that far in the draft. I wish him the best on Halifax, gonna miss him in the locker room.

4. Winning. Plain and simple, we need to focus on winning. Last season I wanna say we had a bit of inconsistency with either going incredibly well or incredibly bad. I remember the 6 game winning streak and then the 5 game losing streak, the wins against Halifax and Mississauga and then losing to Houston and Minnesota. We need to win games and stay consistent. If we lose we need to lose in a close game or to a higher team and in return we need to demolish worse teams. That's another thing, this playoffs we lost 3 games by 1 goal. We need that push, we need to push ahead and get the game tied, go to OT and get extra points or we need to take the game back. We need to win. 

5. Train, keep working on my game, study my mistakes and get better. I think being part of a full VHLM season will help me improve but being drafted may help me too, it'll push me to get things done and get to the big leagues sooner. 

6. Semi-productive. I spent a good chunk of time just relaxing and doing absolutely nothing, I admit it. However, I did that on purpose so when I'm ready to train, be active, meet family, practice more and more, I'll be ready to do so. Rest and recover now, work later. Like a pitcher, let me rest for a while, let me slowly warm up and then let me strike em out.

6 hours ago, Hylands said:

1. I feel like we have a great shot at the cup! Our team is solid. Glad to be drafted by Mexico City.

2. My former team the Reapers really drafted well with a great core. I'd watch out for them.

3. Yes of course. I was patiently waiting for my name to be called. I'd say the biggest steal of the draft has to be Mexico City by selecting me. I feel like I have a lot to prove now.

4. Just need to build chemistry so that we can come out swinging at the start of the season.

5. Luckily I've been keeping in shape. I'm going to be doing some high intensity training closer to camp though.

6. I feel like I've had a great offseason. I grew a lot, improved my skating and puck handling. I feel great and ready to go!

8 hours ago, Hylands said:

Post draft edition!

1.) I think we have a great chance at the Cup next season. The draft went incredibly well we will definitely be making a long playoff run.

2.) Halifax should still be pretty tough to beat. Philadelphia had a great draft as well but I also think Miami will also make a deep play off run again.

3.) I did watch the VHLM draft and I'd have to say the biggest steal of the draft is myself. My inconsistent TPE earning in my early days in the VHLM confused a lot of GM's but Mexico had the right idea. I certainly know how to max earn each week now.

4.) Getting in a great pre-season and working on our team chemistry. We get that down and we're solid for next season.

5.) I've been training every week on my skating and scoring. I had a week vacation in the Bahamas and thats really the only time I've taken off.

6.) Like I said before, I definitely did. Besides the one vacation week. I was training every week and absolutely can't wait to get back on the ice on my new team.

On 11/9/2020 at 9:01 AM, Hylands said:

Post draft edition!

1. 100%, i dont see a world where mexico city doesnt win it all

2. Philly 

3. me

4. feeding me the puck

5. bailing hay

6. could not have been more productive

Post draft edition!

1. yes we 100% have a chance at the cup this season

2. Halifax bc Dylan is on that team

3. Ofc me, who else

4. Pass to hatty more and play better defense

5. Swim all the fat away, swimming >> hockey

6. Yes I ate alot of good food and swam and just rested my body

Post draft edition!

1. Well Mexico drafted me so they obviously want to win and win now ya know.

2. Ourselves. Scrimmages are harder than games honestly ya know

3. Ya know i was actually out on the links on draft day, wanted to enjoy my summer before another long grind ya know. 

4.Team bonding period, we didn't focus enough on the chem ya know, we need to have a bonding trip ya know

5. Well ya know I got this guy who looks like Gary Roberts train me ya know. So ya know Im going to be trained like Mcdavid ya know.

6. Very productive, did a lot this summer to improve my game you will just have to see ya know. 

Season 75 is here edition!

1. How excited are you for the season to get underway this week?

2. What are your personal goals for this year?

3. What do you think the key to Mexico City's success will be this season?

4. Which teammate have you been training with the most?

5. Have you watched any good TV shows recently?

6. If you could choose a city for an expansion VHLM team, where would it be?

3 minutes ago, Hylands said:

Season 75 is here edition!

1. How excited are you for the season to get underway this week?

2. What are your personal goals for this year?

3. What do you think the key to Mexico City's success will be this season?

4. Which teammate have you been training with the most?

5. Have you watched any good TV shows recently?

6. If you could choose a city for an expansion VHLM team, where would it be?

1) It will be good to get back on the ice. 

2) I just want to play a good team game & score as much as possible. 

3) Just scoring and playing good defense. 

4) I train with some old buddies from Helsinki. 

5) Breaking Bad was a good watch. 

6)  I would say St. Louis in VHLM or VHL.