Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

We are back with week 2. Here's more questions for more TPE. Answer 6 and claim your prize!

1. How has your first week as a King been?

2. Who's your favorite locker room teammate?

3. The kings have been off to a great start going 9-1-0 in our first 10, how do you think the rest of the season is going to go?

4. We recently made some moves to bring in more talent to the team. Who do you think is going to make the most impact: Markus NygrenMilos SlavikErik Summers, or Jaxon Walker?

5. Who do you think is the best person to show the new guys around Mexico City?

6. How is the season going for you as an individual?

7. Now that we are a little bit into the season, how have your goals for the season changed?

8. Do you have any predictions on who is going to win the cup in the VHL?

9. What video games have you been playing recently?

10. Who's your favorite VHL player? (If you don't have one now is a good time to look into the VHL)

Again you only have to answer 6 for your 2 TPE, but feel free to answer all of them if you want.

pretty chillin, shut out my former team so im basically the coolest cat in the vhl rn

dylanjj37 is so swag like literally hes basically cash money yo.

3. The kings have been off to a great start going 9-1-0 in our first 10, how do you think the rest of the season is going to go?
pretty sure we aren't going to lose any other game besides the one we have lost so yeah its ez cup time

4. We recently made some moves to bring in more talent to the team. Who do you think is going to make the most impact: Markus NygrenMilos SlavikErik Summers, or Jaxon Walker?
Milos Slavik has a pretty killer name so prolly him. reminds me of some tough dude you definitely want on your team for sure.

that dyl guy is always chillin around and he doesnt seem that busy so maybe him. id pick the gms but like those guys are strapped making sure we are the best team in the world.

pretty good so far, 2nd highest sv% but not the best GAA, so I hoping to let less goals in and help the team as much as i can.

7. Now that we are a little bit into the season, how have your goals for the season changed?
I don't think my goals have particularly changed honestly, just keep trucking along and getting better

Riga 100%. they have a stacked group and they are motivated to win.

been playing the classics yo. EHM always. been playing some steins;gate too man i love that shit. plus i've been on my replay of monster girl island prolouge so yeah im pretty zooped out tbh.

10. Who's your favorite VHL player? (If you don't have one now is a good time to look into the VHL)

Elias Dahlberg, he's basically the Joe Thornton of the VHL, you just can't hate the dude. and if you do hate him its because you are a kings fan

Absolutely insane. I am amazed at not only what I was able to accomplish, but the entire team. 

I can't say I have a favorite- yet. So far I've probably had the most conversation with our GM, who I've come to like quite a bit.

We just got a bunch of players through trades. We're going to be just as dominant.

4. We recently made some moves to bring in more talent to the team. Who do you think is going to make the most impact: Markus NygrenMilos SlavikErik Summers, or Jaxon Walker

Can't say. Walker has been killing it already, Summers is going to be a huge presence in the defensive end.

Hopefully me. If not I'm doing something wrong. I guess a tour guide as well...

I'm top five in all offensive categories and second in the league in scoring as a defensemen. I'd say I've been pretty damn good.

I didn't expect to be this good. I'm expecting to score at least 25 goals and 80-90 points. I want to lead all defensemen in points and goals if I can help it. I'm just worried my playing time will decrease a lot now that we added all of these players. 

Likely Seattle, Riga, Malmo or Moscow. I would like Riga to win, and I'd also like to play for Riga. We'll see what happens.

CoD Modern Warfare. I guess if you consider the VHL a game I "play" this way more than I should.

Odin Tordahl. No I didn't name myself after him this is a freak coincidence. Had no idea he existed until I went looking for trivia answers and came across his name. Here's his HoF page if anybody that stumbles over this wants to read about him. https://vhlportal.com/hof/inductees/74

Edited by zepheter

1 hour ago, Cxsquared said:

I might be a little biased but....

Our lovely AGM of course.

It is hard to know how to feel about leading the league in blocked shots... Well, besides sore that is.

Before being traded it looked like playing for personal achievements might be the only hardware I could earn this season, but now I want another cup.

I think Riga and Helsinki could both surprise people.

The Outer Worlds is fantastic.

1. How has your first week as a King been? It's been a lot of fun, been scoring a ton and getting a lot of ice time so that's nice.

2. Who's your favorite locker room teammate? Umm I like everyone TBH, except Nyko.

3. The kings have been off to a great start going 9-1-0 in our first 10, how do you think the rest of the season is going to go?  I think we are just going to step on the gas even harder.

4. We recently made some moves to bring in more talent to the team. Who do you think is going to make the most impact: Markus NygrenMilos SlavikErik Summers, or Jaxon Walker? Jaxon Walker is a stud and will continue to be one for MX City.

5. Who do you think is the best person to show the new guys around Mexico City? Summers, even tho he is a new guy he is sooooo excited about everything.

6. How is the season going for you as an individual? Really reallly good. I am one of the point leaders on the team.

7. Now that we are a little bit into the season, how have your goals for the season changed? Nope, we are going to win, that is really the goal every year.

8. Do you have any predictions on who is going to win the cup in the VHL?  I really hope my team Riga wins, that would be really awesome.

9. What video games have you been playing recently? Outer Worlds is the game I've been playing the most recently.

10. Who's your favorite VHL player? (If you don't have one now is a good time to look into the VHL) Jensen Sorenson, duh.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:33 PM, Cxsquared said:

We are back with week 2. Here's more questions for more TPE. Answer 6 and claim your prize!

Again you only have to answer 6 for your 2 TPE, but feel free to answer all of them if you want.

1. My first week with the Kings has been great. The locker room has been great and we went on fire to begin the season.

2. My favourite locker room teammate would have to be Odin Omdahl. We were defensive partners and had great chemistry together as a pairing.

3. I don't think we will be able to keep the pace up of a 0.900 winning percentage but I still think that we are in for a great season and will be highly competitive for a championship.

4. In my opinion, Erik Summers will make the greatest impact as far as our new additions go. He is at a capped build and is an assist machine who will be a big help in putting more pucks into the back of the net.

6. My season individually has been great thus far, scoring 5 goals and 13 assists for 18 points with a +10 rating and 55 hits in just 15 games played.

10. My favourite player in the VHL would have to be DC Dragons' rookie, Benny Graves. He was a dominant force in the VHLM last season and is holding his own in the VHL thus far. I am also very familiar with his player agent, who has represented many successful VHL players.

How has your first week as a King been? 

It's been great so far really enjoying it.

2. Who's your favorite locker room teammate?not sure yet  I like everyone.

3. The kings have been off to a great start going 9-1-0 in our first 10, how do you think the rest of the season is going to go? We are ganna wi. It all

4. We recently made some moves to bring in more talent to the team. Who do you think is going to make the most impact: Markus NygrenMilos SlavikErik Summers, or Jaxon Walker? Eric  summers.

5. Who do you think is the best person to show the new guys around Mexico City? Gm and assgm

6. How is the season going for you as an individual? Good so far cant wait to get deeper into it.

7. Now that we are a little bit into the season, how have your goals for the season changed? Thay haven't. 

8. Do you have any predictions on who is going to win the cup in the VHL? We ate ganna win it all.

10. Who's your favorite VHL player? (If you don't have one now is a good time to look into the VHL)

On 11/18/2019 at 9:33 PM, Cxsquared said:

1. How has your first week as a King been? First day... but fun

3. The kings have been off to a great start going 9-1-0 in our first 10, how do you think the rest of the season is going to go? I feel a championship coming 

4. We recently made some moves to bring in more talent to the team. Who do you think is going to make the most impact: Markus NygrenMilos SlavikErik Summers, or Jaxon Walker? Marcus Nygren

6. How is the season going for you as an individual? I’m brand new to the league. Only building up from here

8. Do you have any predictions on who is going to win the cup in the VHL? I predict us

9. What video games have you been playing recently? NHL 20

I only know one person's name and that is Odin so I will have to say him.

The rest of the season will also go well.

4. We recently made some moves to bring in more talent to the team. Who do you think is going to make the most impact: Markus NygrenMilos SlavikErik Summers, or Jaxon Walker?

I don't know any of these people so none of them.

I am the best guy.

The season is going good.

I have been playing the new pokemon game.

1. Why are the Kings losing some games?

2. What are your suggestions for the GM/AGM?

3. Even though we are early in the season, do you think we will keep improving?

4. What are your goals this season in terms of points?

5. Why do you think we are struggling on the road so often?

6. Mexico looks like a step behind Saskatoon, what do you think it will take to overpower them?

6 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

6. Mexico looks like a step behind Saskatoon, what do you think it will take to overpower them?

1. Cause we arent getting pucks deep

2. Make us get pucks deep

3. Yeah as long as we get pucks deep

4. I dont care about points, just want to get pucks in deep

5. At home the fans energize us and help us get pucks deep, but on the road we just arent getting pucks in deep

6. Gotta get more pucks in deep

6 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

1. In my opinion, it is because our goaltender is not developed enough to be a top guy yet but he will get there.

2. Just stay the course. We have a very good and competitive team here and have a great chance to compete for the cup.

3. Yes, I think so. Once some of our guys develop more, we are going to be an even more scary team to play against.

4. I am hoping to put up somewhere close to 100 points on the season with close to 30 goals. It is a high bar to set for myself but I know it is possible.

5. Road games can be tougher to win as your home crowd is not behind you. I am sure that we can improve upon our road record though.

6. Yes, Saskatoon is a tiny step ahead of us at the moment but I believe that we can compete with them and even overtake them as the season wears on and the playoffs play out. We just need to stay the course and believe in our plan. We have players that will develop as the season goes on and I really believe that we have a good shot at winning the cup.

15 hours ago, Motzaburger said:

I don't want to say goal tending.. but... It's goal tending. It'll get better, but that's what is holding us back at the moment.

Don't listen to the fan's complaints. Some people aren't going to happy until we are ahead of Saskatoon, but at least we aren't Mississauga, right?

Definitely! We have a long way to go, but we are getting there.

I'm never going to be a leading scorer, but I do want to improve my number of assists this season.

Eh, the team is young, and many of the more experienced players are new to Mexico. The team will find an identity as the season progresses, and leaders will step up.

I don't think we will overtake them in the regular season, but that is the great thing about playoffs, it matters how you play at the end. We are developing quickly, and I think we will have a great chance when the finals come around.

I blame Dyl.

Please stop pinging me.

We can't get any worse.

I would like to get a point.

It's too cold up North.

We have to be better than them.

We were dominate for so long, it makes sense to slide back a little, but I believe in us long term.

More minutes for Shush Nyko obviously.

Yes, all our top players are still earning which means we will just get stronger and stronger.

I'm hoping to break the Mexico City points record by the end of the season. I have slowed down my pace, but hopefully it speeds back up.

Cause we love to play in Mexico City. It's hard to travel so far from home.

A bit of skill and luck. Our goalie is getting stronger every week, so if that continues I think we will have the upper hand eventually.

Sometimes we have offense and sometimes we don't. Can't explain it really. We need to be more consistent. 

I don't know at this point. Just let the kids play I suppose. We're hungry to win and eventually it's gonna pay off.

Hell yeah. We're gonna get better. Saskatoon better watch out come playoffs.

80-90 I'm hoping. 30-40 goals would be more than satisfactory.

Gotta keep our morale up on our own. Can't always depend on our great fans to keep us motivated to win.

A lot of hard work. Not just from the guys who aren't doing as well this season. There's a lot more we have to prove and that's not only during the games, but during practice and workouts in preparation for the games.

Hello Kings! Your AGM, Brody Claymore, back for some week 4 questions! Answer them for an easy 2 TPE. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

1. Mississauga is now only 2 points behind us. Are you worried or do you think we can hold the 2nd place spot from them?

2. Jaxon Walker is currently our only player in the top 10 in points. Who do you think is going to pop off next and move into the top 10 in the VHLM?

3.  Now that we are halfway done with the season. What are your Win-Lose-OTL predictions for the end of the season?

4. We have the 2nd and 3rd most hitting players in the VHLM. Why do you think we are so angry?

5. The holidays are coming up quickly, what are you looking forward to the most?

6. We are thinking about organizing a team vacation, where is your ideal location for this?

1. Mississauga is now only 2 points behind us. Are you worried or do you think we can hold the 2nd place spot from them?

I am not worried, even if they catch up I believe we will be able to top them in the end.

2. Jaxon Walker is currently our only player in the top 10 in points. Who do you think is going to pop off next and move into the top 10 in the VHLM?

Shush Nyko, my player has a chance to rise to the occasion. Hopefully I can get it turned around in time for the stretch run.

3.  Now that we are halfway done with the season. What are your Win-Lose-OTL predictions for the end of the season?

I think we will end up with around 10 losses and 5 OTL. The rest will be wins. Hopefully someone can give Sask another loss or two.

4. We have the 2nd and 3rd most hitting players in the VHLM. Why do you think we are so angry?

We hard hit boys that is all.

5. The holidays are coming up quickly, what are you looking forward to the most?

Time off and sleep, to be honest.

6. We are thinking about organizing a team vacation, where is your ideal location for this?

Let's go to San Diego, CA it is a great place to visit.

23 minutes ago, Cxsquared said:

I think everyone knew Mississauga was going to be a contender this year. I think we have the better roster, but we've had a rough stretch of the schedule. The points will pick up.

I think Odin and Shush might both end up in the top ten.

40-12-20

I have one response to people asking this question. Have you been to Mexico City? It's hot as balls. You'd be angry too if you sweat through three shirts a day.

My family is flying in for the holidays. It is their first trip to Mexico, so they are excited to visit a new place.

How about someplace cold? A ski trip perhaps?

We probably will loose it.

Alex Armstrong.

I have no idea what that means but we're going to lose every game from now on.

They're not angry. Hitting is fun.

I like the bacon sausages.

I don't want to go on a team holiday.

Eh, it's still early and we're only going to get better, I think we hold it down.

Chad Magnum, obviously. All I need to do is score 10+ PPG the rest of the season and I'm good.

I can personally guarantee that we will not lose a single game the rest of the season, provided that we score more goals than the opposing team.

Anabolic Steroids. We're all taking them together in the showers pre-game.

Kissing coach's wife under the mistletoe.

Vasteras, Sweden.

We gotta play better. We're gonna go back and forth unless we can find some consistency against teams we know we're better than.

Daldo has been moving up and Omdahl has had the top 10 in his grasp for a majority of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if either of them crack it by the end of the season.

53-13-6

We're tired of losing. We need to keep the hits clean so we aren't put at a disadvantage but I like the aggression.

My birthday is on the 6th so that's cool, but I really enjoy celebrating Christmas with my family. About fifty of us meet on Christmas Eve for a nice dinner then on Christmas day we eat breakfast and open gifts together. 

It's winter and I like to snowboard. Probably Colorado or some place like that.

On 12/2/2019 at 7:07 AM, Cxsquared said:

Hello Kings! Your AGM, Brody Claymore, back for some week 4 questions! Answer them for an easy 2 TPE. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

1. I think we can hold. We have a strong team that gets better every week and that helps our chances.

2. I think I could have a chance at it if I work my ass off more, but most likely not haha

3. I think our team can go 20-8-8 through the rest of our games

4. Because we are in Mexico City and it's so damn hot to play hockey there

5. Im looking forward to family and turkey. Love myself some turkey dinner

6. Ideal location is the Maldives as they are so beautiful!

On 12/2/2019 at 8:07 AM, Cxsquared said:

1. They are now two points ahead of us but we are starting to get in a groove, and I feel that we will leapfrog them by the end of the season.

2. Odin Omdahl and/or Oskar Lagesson.

3. 53-15-4.

4. We love to hit.

5. Spending time with family.

6. Baguio, Philippines.

On 12/2/2019 at 11:07 AM, Cxsquared said:

1. As of right now they are 1 point behind!  I think we can pull ahead and hold our second place spot for sure!

2. Right now Alyksander Hunter is also in the top 10 as well.. I can soon see Odin Omdahl getting into the top 10 as well!

3. I can see us ending the season with a solid record of 50-14-7

4. We are determined to win, we got players that know to push through everyone to get the win and thats what they do!

5. 100% Christmas dinner,  that is my favourite part of the holidays... Oh and I guess seeing all my family too :0

6. I have always wanted to visit Gold Coast, Australia.. I think it would be a great relaxing place for the team.. A beautiful stress free place :)