Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

21 hours ago, Advantage said:

1.  With a 4-0 sweep we destroyed it in the first round.  What do you think of our chances after an impressive showing?

2. Who was MVP of our first series?

3. Who needs to step it up to go all the way for us?

4. Have you been paying attention to VHLE happenings, and if so, who do you think wins the tournament?

5. If you were a VHLE GM and had to pick anywhere from 1 to 6 in a snake draft, which pick would you want to have?

6. How has the pandemic been for all of you of late?

@FBR @DollarAndADream  @Spade18 @JCV @GoldGear88 @duckberg32 @Thunfish @Pengu @jhatty8 @Lilmar @ThatsGreissy

1. We definitely have a chance to go all the way. We are well balanced and have an elite goaltender.

2. Greiss. Gotta be the goalie.

3. As long as we're all firing on all cylinders, we'll be good to go.

4. Not really. My player is on the Iron Eagles, but I don't know if I'll be in that league yet so I haven't really checked. Cool to see some old teams be back in a league again though.

5. Back to back is huge. 1 or 6.

6. My work's been the same basically the whole way through. Elevator mechanic, and that industry has not changed. You can't shut it down because the world revolves around elevators and escalators in buildings. I've been going out a little bit, seeing friends here and there, seeing family, etc. We'll have to see how things pan out in the near future because numbers are up again. Masks are back, etc.

1.  With a 4-0 sweep we destroyed it in the first round.  What do you think of our chances after an impressive showing?

Think we can keep the hype train going.

Greis, not a shocker.

I think we just need to keep doing our thing, to be honest.

4. Have you been paying attention to VHLE happenings, and if so, who do you think wins the tournament?

Eh, whatever happens, I'm fine.

5. If you were a VHLE GM and had to pick anywhere from 1 to 6 in a snake draft, which pick would you want to have?

3, helps to have the middle ground.

Rough but it helped me improve in several things, so I'm satisfied.

Well, we're currently down 3-1, so I wouldn't say they're too good, but I still believe we can come back.

In a sweep, would it be fair to say everyone?

Down 3-1, like the previous answer, everyone.

Not gonna lie, I haven't paid any attention to it.

3, always better to be in the middle.

Better than last year, but any bigger progress is slowed down by idiots, so... same as usual, I guess.

On 9/3/2021 at 6:01 PM, Advantage said:

@FBR @DollarAndADream  @Spade18 @JCV @GoldGear88 @duckberg32 @Thunfish @Pengu @jhatty8 @Lilmar @ThatsGreissy

1. We're looking good and riding high. I like our chances.

2. Gotta go with our wall in the goal, Greiss.

3. I gotta put in more work for us on the defensive end.

4. I have not, but I hope it's Vasteras.

5. 3 is always a nice pick to have. Near the center but fairly early.

6. There's been some close cases around my family (my sister is currently in quarantine because of it) but no direct cases. I'm just glad my school mandates wearing a mask and that my cross-country team is well vaccinated.

1. Do you think Mexico City has what it takes to make another deep playoff run last season?

2. What to you think was the main factor in why Mexico City lost out to the Mississauga Hounds?

3. Which team is your favourite to win it all next season in the VHLM?

4. Are you excited for the inaugural season of the VHLE? Why or why not?

5. If you were given the choice, would you jump straight to the VHL from the VHLM, or would you rather experience all 3 leagues with your player?

6. Your favourite VHL team to win it all next season?

Week 9/13 - 9/19

Answer 6 questions to claim 2 TPE

1. What are your thoughts on the new GM and AGM?

2. What are your expectations for your player next season?

3. What do you think the Management should work on this off season?

Answer 4A if you played in the VHLM if not answer 4B.

4A. What was one highlight from your player last season?
4B. What was one highlight from Junior Leagues?

5. What is your favourite song ATM?

6. Do you prefer Road Trips or Flying?

1 hour ago, Moon_50 said:

Week 9/13 - 9/19

1.  I think they are pretty cool if you ask me. 😎

2. Hopefully I can stay on the first line and do some damage in the VHL.

3. I think we should get some players from the draft. That would help!

4. Being considered one of the better shootout players according to that one article posted or making it to the playoffs for the first time since S76.

5. Higher Power by Coldplay. I listen to the OG and the Tiesto Remix too much.

6. I'm okay with flying or road trips. I know some people are afraid of flying. It never bothered me besides the ear popping.

1. What are your thoughts on the new GM and AGM? They poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and delivered a plague unto our houses!

2. What are your expectations for your player next season? I'd like to score at least one goal, with the possibility of a second

3. What do you think the Management should work on this off season? Having fun. I burned myself out pretty bad last time I tried to AGM.

4B. What was one highlight from Junior Leagues? The time Z fucked up the scaling in STHS and we were seeing 16-10 games with over 200 penalty minutes

5. What is your favourite song ATM? Dance With The Devil - Breaking Benjamin

6. Do you prefer Road Trips or Flying? Both are equally terrible. I will say flying though because at least I've never flown hungover, can't say the same for the former.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:16 AM, Moon_50 said:

Week 9/13 - 9/19

I'm taking these Q's even though I'm already off the team. :P

1. Should be a good team! Hopefully they can do what my team couldn't last season, and win a championship!

2. I just want to have a good showing, whether that be in the VHL or VHLE.

3. Just go with the flow and make sure people stay active. Activity is the most important in the VHLM.

4. 79 points in 72 games ain't too shabby. 39 goals. Wish I could have hit 40, but 39 is close enough.

5. I've been going through an EDM kick lately and Lost - Gareth Emery Remix by Morgan Page is currently my fav.

6. Honestly, they each have their ups and downs. Sometimes I'm in adventure mode which means I want to drive. Drive to a hike up a mountain is always fun, but if it's a big vacation then I'll fly somewhere.

Appear to be motivated, the guys here should have a good team next year.

I believe that I will play in the VHLE, I hope I can take another step in my game and win the first-ever VHLE Cup.

I think the team is losing most of the team, so... just quick rebuild, I guess.

4. What was one highlight from your player last season?

My first hat-trick, it was a sort of a coming out party after a rough start to the season.

take a trip - bbno$, ceo@business.net, jungle bobby

Never flew, so road trips.

1. Going to be fun as the team builds to their vision.

2. Point per game pace and top 4 minutes.

3. focus on bringing in new creates

4. Zamboni Driver had a great retirement season. Going to be hard to match that with my new player.

5. not sure that I have one sadly.

6. road trips are more fun and save money for the trip.

Week 9/20 - 9/26

1. What are your thoughts on the new players this team got this draft?

2. What does this team need to do in order to have a shot at winning the Founder's Cup (VHLM Championship)

3. What are you doing to prepare for the start of the season?

4. Who do you think is going to play the biggest role this season?

5. What is your dream car?

6. If you won the lottery what would you do with the money?

1) interesting bunch of players. Definitely waiting for the new season to start! 

2) play consistant and make every ooportunity our own. Handle the puck more so the opponent gets frustrated and it opens the ice. 

3) watching netfl... Oh my bad.. I meant to say gym and hard work enhancing my skills before the season opener. 

4) which team can maintain high level of play will be in good form every game. 

5) don't have a dream car :)

6) pay my debts, buy a house and travel. 

On 9/20/2021 at 5:47 PM, Moon_50 said:

Week 9/20 - 9/26

1. What are your thoughts on the new players this team got this draft?

2. What does this team need to do in order to have a shot at winning the Founder's Cup (VHLM Championship)

3. What are you doing to prepare for the start of the season?

4. Who do you think is going to play the biggest role this season?

5. What is your dream car?

6. If you won the lottery what would you do with the money?

1. Not sure who you guys got, I just joined lmao

2. I mean, I'm sure chemistry and great overall players could help, but other than that, not sure
3. Thinking of how to spend my TPE
4. No clue 
5. I don't have a dream car, I mostly want a BMX bike or something close to that 

6. Depends on how much. Anything $750,000 or less I'd keep but if it's over that amount, I'd donate 25%/50%/75% based on the amount 

Week 9/26 - 10/3

1. With the first 11 games in the books are you happy with your players performance?

2. With the team being 6-3-2 are there any early adjustments you think the team should make?

3.With Dookie Headtop being the top point getter in the league right now, what is your reaction to that?
4.Who do you think deserves the Captain “C” this season?

5. What is your go to dessert?

6.What is your favourite video game right now? If you play games.

1- good stats for a defensemen. As an offensive D I hope to get more on the scoresheet this week.

2- add to the team depth. More

bodies to bring more energy.

3- nor surprising. He is the best setup guy in the league.

4- prob Dookie Headtop

5- anything that I can add ice cream to

6- playing Warzone still but not for much longer with how bad the cheating is in the game.

14 hours ago, Moon_50 said:

Week 9/26 - 10/3

1. With the first 11 games in the books are you happy with your players performance?

2. With the team being 6-3-2 are there any early adjustments you think the team should make?

3.With Dookie Headtop being the top point getter in the league right now, what is your reaction to that?

5. What is your go to dessert?

1) 13 games played and only 0+2. Very disappointing start to the season.

2) More depth in the team and that gives every guy a fighting spirit to fight for a spot in the lineup.

3) He's been on fire and let's hope it continues.

4) Dookie Headtop. Man is a team player and wants to win.

5) Don't have a specific go to, but icecream or good batch of different candies work.

6) Way too much CSGO for me, but i enjoy it.  Always fun games with a full stack team of friends and having fun in Discord :)

1. With the first 11 games in the books are you happy with your players performance?
- I am very happy as Matt is doing a brilliant job helping the team and showing upon top leaderscores.

2. With the team being 6-3-2 are there any early adjustments you think the team should make?
- It's too early to consider any adjustments as there is still a long way to go and more games ahead to analyse.

- All good, bit jealous!

- To be fair I have not thought about it.

5. What is your go to dessert?
- Oat Cookies

- I guess New World.

Mexico City Kings Press Conference!

Week 10/4 - 10/10

1. Now that the season is in full swing, what has been your highlight of the season so far? Could be team related or player focused.

2. How do you feel about bringing in a new goalie in Big Hank?

3. With the trade deadline looming in the distance, what would you do with the current team?

4. Matt Avens has been killing it recently in goals and currently ranked number 4 in most goals so far this season. Why do you think he finds so much success?

5. Anything surprise you yet in the VHLM/VHLE/VHL? Could be a trade / team performance / player / etc.

6. What is your biggest regret?

1- winning the close games and building a pedigree as a team that does not give up.

2- we needed a new goalie and we are happy to have Hank.

3- Add one or two more top 6 forwards.

4- trusting the team and the systems weve developed in practice.

5- how bad Helsinki has been the last 2 seasons since Jubo stepped away. I dont think their current GM is doing the team justice. Miss you @Jubo

6- none at the moment. Happy to be in Mexico City.

On 10/4/2021 at 4:22 PM, youloser1337 said:

Week 10/4 - 10/10

1. Now that the season is in full swing, what has been your highlight of the season so far? Could be team related or player focused.

3. With the trade deadline looming in the distance, what would you do with the current team?

4. Matt Avens has been killing it recently in goals and currently ranked number 4 in most goals so far this season. Why do you think he finds so much success?

5. Anything surprise you yet in the VHLM/VHLE/VHL? Could be a trade / team performance / player / etc.

1. Being signed by the team has been a huge highlight for me! 

2. I’m still very new to the team and league so I’m unsure about the new goalie but very excited to play with him.

3. I’d go out with a buyer status. Pick up some depth or whatever we are in need of! 

4. I’m very excited to work alongside him in the future, he’ll bring lots of skill and help to our game! 

5. As I am very new I haven’t seen any surprises yet, but will for sure see some in the future.

6. I don’t have any regrets, I’m happy where I’m at and the team I’m with. Will be a fun rest of the season to play with everyone. 

Week 10/4 - 10/10

1) My highlight for the season so far is being signed to my first contract. Im really excited to be joining a very solid team.

2) I think Big Hank will be a great addition to the team as he adds goalie depth to our lineup and I feel like he can give us a good 1-2 goalie duo that we need to advance us as a team.

3) As trade deadline approaches I think if we are in the running to make the playoffs, we should maybe try acquire some more depth to our lineup that will give us a chance to have a deep run this year.

4) Matt Avens is elite at goal scoring, i don't think he finds success at all. Success finds him!

5) Im surprised of how in-depth this league is. There are so many great individuals within this league.

6) Not getting started earlier than I did.

Week 10/4 - 10/10

1. Joining the VHLM and joining Mexico City!

2. Cant wait to meet big hank and the rest of the team!

3. Thats up to the GMs but get some players with tpe. Looks like you guys already are ;)

4. Born Talent. 

5. New to the league so not sure. 

6. Taking such a long break from the vhlforum. 

- My highlight of the season probably was my first game winning goal. I mean I had 5 more after that, but the first one was special.

- Well the name already gives you the vibe of a good goalie. Big Hank, hopefully will be big help and big change!

- If I could answer this question we would not have need for a GM! haha

- Teamwork, 100%!

- My biggest surprise was how many hits Im taking, but still being one of the leagues leaders.

- Not scoring more and bringing more wins to the team?

Week 10/11 - 10/17

1. With the recent players we have acquired do you think this team will start to dominate?

2. Are you following the play-off beard tradition if we get into the play-offs? (Credit: @Mr Bohannan)

3. Is there anything you wish the team was doing differently at this point in the season?

4. Is there any player on the team you want to be on a line with?

5. Do you have any ideas for an article or graphic for the theme week?

6. What is one thing on your bucket list (IRL)?