Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

1. We are solidly in 6th place at this point. What do you think it will take for us to start moving up? better defense

2. Nicolas Fomba @efiug is currently in first for goalie assists. What makes them so good at handling the puck? he is a god with the puck and will lead us.

3. How much do you think losing Daldo @Harpskii will hurt us this season? He was a big piece to our team. It will hurt but we can play without him hopefully

4. Dman Alyksander Hunter just got reassigned to the Kings. How do you welcome them back? we surprised him as he was walking to the locker room

5. Why is our GM @Motzaburger so good at tampering? Motzaburger learned it from me, his father

6. Shush Nyko @SDCore recently became the all time points leader in franchise history, how are you going to congratulate him in the locker room? Me and the guys are partying with the guy and bringing him out to eat

1. We are solidly in 6th place at this point. What do you think it will take for us to start moving up?
 more cohesive defense and a solid team locker room.

2. Nicolas Fomba @efiug is currently in first for goalie assists. What makes them so good at handling the puck?
 Fomba grew up idolising Brodeur so it makes sense that he would play the puck like a boss. If only he was as good at stopping.

3. How much do you think losing Daldo @Harpskii will hurt us this season?
 it'll hurt but i think we as a team can fill the gaps. the biggest impact will be losing such a nice guy in the LR

4. Dman Alyksander Hunter just got reassigned to the Kings. How do you welcome them back?
 i welcome him back with open arms. any extra defense is not only great for the team but great for me

5. Why is our GM @Motzaburger so good at tampering?
 suave looks and good hygeine = lots of people want to go to your team.

6. Shush Nyko @SDCore recently became the all time points leader in franchise history, how are you going to congratulate him in the locker room?
 we are planning on throwing him a point party and he has to eat all the cake and if he doesnt then we drop whatever he didnt finish into his socks.

Week 4, let's get some more... PRESS CONFERENCE!!!!

1. Currently we're on a 4 win streak, what have you been doing to help this win streak?

2. Who do you think is the most underrated on the team?

3. Mississauga is moving up on us, how can we keep them at bay?

4. There's been a lot of talk about expansion lately. Where would you  like to see a team?

5. Are there any moves you think management should make coming up at the trade deadline?

6. In more somber news, Saskatoon's GM passed away IRL. Did you have any interactions or memories of Elmebeck you'd like to share?

1.The whole team is working together right now and we’re getting results nothin else to it

2.Me.

3.just keep playin the way we are we’ll be set for playoffs

4. Maybe the artic? Or antartic! That’d be pretty cool I’d play there.

5. I don’t really think about those kind of moves. I just get payed to play

6.Oh shit.. I’m not sure I knew the lad. 
If anyone on this site was actually close to him I’m sorry for your loss.

1. Currently we're on a 4 win streak, what have you been doing to help this win streak?
Now it's a 6 game streak, I've had a lower GAA and the team has been scoring a bunch. I've been making more saves when i have to and thats really helped the team out

Someone like Crush Cile or Dylan Carpenter who is just an absolute puck magnet. as a goaltender players who block shots are my best friends

We could lose every game from here on out and mississauga wouldn't pass us. I don't really see the as much of a threat, there is a 19 point gap between us and as long as we keep winning like we have then that number is going to grow.

4. There's been a lot of talk about expansion lately. Where would you  like to see a team?
Personally a team a little closer to home, anywhere in France would be a good choice and i have plenty of good memories playing there when i was younger.

5. Are there any moves you think management should make coming up at the trade deadline?
Not particularly, we seemed to have shored up our defense problem and we have some good recent success. Maybe if management can work some magic and get us someone amazing for cheap but that doesn't happen often.

6. In more somber news, Saskatoon's GM passed away IRL. Did you have any interactions or memories of Elmebeck you'd like to share?
I did not know Elmebeck personally but from the accounts of people that did know him he seemed like an amazing fellow.

Scoring, that's what Shush Does.

Shush Nyko, he is the best player. It's actually probably Dylan Carpenter tho.

Shush Nyko needs to score more, that is how we would do it. We are already on a good run, so hopefully it stays.

Newfoundland CA, would be an awesome spot.

No, let's make a run.

I didn't know him, but that is tough for any involved. Hopefully everyone is ok.

On 2/11/2020 at 12:01 PM, Cxsquared said:

Week 4, let's get some more... PRESS CONFERENCE!!!!

Pretty basic answer here, doing what a 1st liner should do, score a lot and update TPE ? 

Well, I’d say a tie between us and philadelphia. We’re two teams that aren’t getting much talk, but are doing pretty well.

We are 24 points ahead of them. Just keep a steady pace of wins and we are golden.

4. There's been a lot of talk about expansion lately. Where would you  like to see a team? Buffalo, great environment. Have lots of tables ready.

5. Are there any moves you think management should make coming up at the trade deadline? Uh, well, yes. I’m gunna say yes. Crush Cile does have 58 TPE and 14 Banked. Not saying trade him but like, use that TPE, you need it man. @Savoire Faire

6. In more somber news, Saskatoon's GM passed away IRL. Did you have any interactions or memories of Elmebeck you'd like to share? Well, my cousin @Blake Bridge was on that team, and me and Elme were pretty close. Nothing that I really wanna share except that he was a great, loving, genuine guy. ❤️

Look alive it's week 5. 

1. As it currently stands we'd face Ottawa in the first round of the playoffs. Who do we need to look out for on Ottawa?

2. What do you think is the strongest aspect of our team right now?

3. A lot of players just retired and recreated, who do you think is going to be the top player from this group?

4. The Kings have an opportunity to pick up a sponsorship, what do you think should sponsor us?

5. What's the most confusing part about the VHL?

6. If we win the cup, how will you celebrate?

1 hour ago, Cxsquared said:

Look alive it's week 5. 

1. As it currently stands we'd face Ottawa in the first round of the playoffs. Who do we need to look out for on Ottawa?

2. What do you think is the strongest aspect of our team right now?

3. A lot of players just retired and recreated, who do you think is going to be the top player from this group?

4. The Kings have an opportunity to pick up a sponsorship, what do you think should sponsor us?

5. What's the most confusing part about the VHL?

6. If we win the cup, how will you celebrate?

1. I don’t even pay attention to the guys on the other team as long as we play some solid d were good. 
2. I think we’re a well rounded team nothin really sticks out

3.Me.

4. I’d love to see anything really it’ll be great for the team.

5. Nothing really confuses me. Maybe the games? 
6. go up north and have a couple beers 

On 2/18/2020 at 10:05 AM, Cxsquared said:

Look alive it's week 5. 

1. As it currently stands we'd face Ottawa in the first round of the playoffs. Who do we need to look out for on Ottawa? Everything, they’re a great team, with great potential.

2. What do you think is the strongest aspect of our team right now? Goaltending, no doubt. Keep it of Fomba.

3. A lot of players just retired and recreated, who do you think is going to be the top player from this group? Ummm, i’d say Robin Winters, he’s already a 109 TPE.

4. The Kings have an opportunity to pick up a sponsorship, what do you think should sponsor us? Dr. Pepper, it’s the sweeeettttt oneeee.

5. What's the most confusing part about the VHL? Everything haha. Actually, nothing really.

6. If we win the cup, how will you celebrate? Haven’t thought abt that yet haha, thanks for the idea.

Week 6 and we're still in the mix.

1. It's theme week. Who have you decided to do a point task about? If you don't typically do point tasks, who on the Kings do you think will make the Hall of Fame in the future?

2. If you could take over GMing for any VHLM team, who would it be?

3. Things can get a little heated at practice, if you had to fight someone from the Kings who would it be?

4. We are getting close to the end of the season, what are you looking forward to either post season or next season?

5. Why do you think the Kings always get the best graphics creators?

6. There's been a lot of relocation talk, where would you want to relocate a team to?

1 hour ago, Cxsquared said:

1. It's theme week. Who have you decided to do a point task about? If you don't typically do point tasks, who on the Kings do you think will make the Hall of Fame in the future?

2. If you could take over GMing for any VHLM team, who would it be?

3. Things can get a little heated at practice, if you had to fight someone from the Kings who would it be?

4. We are getting close to the end of the season, what are you looking forward to either post season or next season?

5. Why do you think the Kings always get the best graphics creators?

6. There's been a lot of relocation talk, where would you want to relocate a team to?

1.I don’t have the time to do the task but, I think our tendy could go to the hof eventually

2. Probably Vegas just cause of nostalgia

3. Nobody I don’t really think of that I’m just thinkin about ploffs

4.post season

5. I don’t really look at graphics

6. I’d love to see a team somewhere really dumb like the artic

1. I haven't really thought about it to much yet.

2. I don't have an exact team but probably one that is lower in standings so I could help them build and get back on there feet.

3. Everyone who isnt a bruins fan so everyone.

4. Im looking forward to my first post season.

5. I don't really pay much attention to that.

6. Idk maybe somewhere in mid United States

10 hours ago, Cxsquared said:

1. It's theme week. Who have you decided to do a point task about? If you don't typically do point tasks, who on the Kings do you think will make the Hall of Fame in the future? Well, I thought it would be kinda be a duechebag move for me to do it abt myself, so I decided to do it about Thomas Landry II of the SDM.

2. If you could take over GMing for any VHLM team, who would it be? Uhhh, idk, not into GMing because I can’t GM, i’m on mobile ?I guess San Diego.

3. Things can get a little heated at practice, if you had to fight someone from the Kings who would it be? Easy, Motza, is hop right over the boards, and fight the GM, you heard that one correctly. Watch your back in practice @Motzaburger.

4. We are getting close to the end of the season, what are you looking forward to either post season or next season? A lot, of TPE, all that bonus TPE tasks, oh yesssss pleasssseeeeee.

5. Why do you think the Kings always get the best graphics creators? Motza doesn’t look for talent in the actual player he recruits, he look for how good their graphic making skills are.

6. There's been a lot of relocation talk, where would you want to relocate a team to? Uhhh, Connecticut. The Konneticut Kings. Sounds better with the K.

Week 7 into the off-season

1. What has been your favorite memory this season?

2. What VHL/VHLM team are you hoping to get drafted to next season?

3. Now that we've been yeeted, who's going to win the VHLM cup?

4. What kind of payment bonuses do you think should be added to the VHLM contracts?

5. How are you going to spend the off-season?

6. What's your favorite vacation spot?

one time i forgot to eat anything all day before a game and when i realised in the 1st intermission i ate 12 hotdogs

im pretty sure i can't get drafted again but who tf knows. i wanna get drafted by the best euro team though so i get some easy Ws to pad my stats for the HoF

ngl i dont even know a single other vhlm team. houston? whoever beat us?

4. What kind of payment bonuses do you think should be added to the VHLM contracts?
i want an extra bonus for goalie assists and goalie goals. i want incentives to score more.

i bought a new joke book after my old one fell apart, planning on memorising all the jokes so i can lift the guys' spirits on the bench during games

outside my parents beach house there is a rock that gets a lot of sun and is very warm and i sleep there alot. besides that i often visit portugal for the cuisine.

Becoming the all-time points leader in MX and then getting my number retired.

I am already on Riga, which I am excited about.

Not sure and don't really care now that we are out.

Goals per game bonus.

Training back in Iceland.

I like to go to the lake and relax and fish.

Week 7 into the off-season

1. My favourite memory was just getting to play for a team. Even though I didn't have much success, and the team got swept in the playoffs, the experience was nice

2. I'm happy to play for any VHLM team that wants me, have already had some interest but would be happy to come back to Mexico.

3. The Lynx will win because that's who knocked us, otherwise we would have won.

4. Should get a bonus just for showing up. Give me all the cash.

5. Gonna spend the off-season continuing to train and hopefully get my name out there before the VHLM Draft.

6. Favourite vacation spot is back home in 'strays at the beach surfing 

Week 8 The last Week (maybe)

1. Draft is coming up, who do you think the Kings should draft first with our 3rd round pick?

2. Looking towards next season, how do you think the Kings will do?

3. What are your personal goals for next season?

4. What do you think about the corvid-19 virus and how are you protecting yourself?

5. What's your go-to meal to make?

6. What's the favorite thing you've done in the off-season so far?

1. Draft is coming up, who do you think the Kings should draft first with our 3rd round pick?
better goalie. current one really bad, terrible even.

rest of team good but goalie will be really bad, terrible even.

reach enough tpe so i can reach the VHL and finally start my goal to play for all the euro teams

4. What do you think about the corvid-19 virus and how are you protecting yourself?
its very scary, i have made sure i have bought as much toilet paper as i can in preparation

i usually make some alfredo, sometimes i make swedish meatballs though

i made like 300 dumplings and ate them all it was crazy i felt sick for days.

2 hours ago, Cxsquared said:

Week 8 The last Week (maybe)

1. I wish I could return but who knows

2. I don’t know if they’ll do to hot honestly

3. win

4. I’m not I could care less

5. Any Pasta

6. wait for the draft i got nothin to do

Week ending in 3/22/2020

New season new press conference. I'd first like to welcome all the new players and congratulate all the returning players on a great season.

If you are new here, just answer these 6 questions to earn 2 capped TPE. To claim the TPE first copy the link to your comment using the share button in the top right of your post. Then go here https://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt and click claim capped TPE. Select the current week (typically the Sunday coming up), paste your link into the link spot, and under the Type dropdown select Press Conference. The just submit and wait for the TPE to roll in.

Now on to the questions...

1. Whether you are new here or a returning face, what's the first thing you do when you arrive at the rink?

2. The Kings managed to make the playoffs for 3 seasons in a row, do you think we can do it again this season?

3. What's the best skill you bring to the team?

4. What's your most random skill you bring to the team?

5. Besides Mexico City, who do you think is going to be the best VHL team this year?

6. How are you going to get back into game shape after a long off season? 

On 3/17/2020 at 2:19 PM, Cxsquared said:

Week ending in 3/22/2020

New season new press conference. I'd first like to welcome all the new players and congratulate all the returning players on a great season.

1. Whether you are new here or a returning face, what's the first thing you do when you arrive at the rink? I get in that bathroom. Not the stall, but the actual toilet, and I leave the janitor a surprise ;)

2. The Kings managed to make the playoffs for 3 seasons in a row, do you think we can do it again this season? Ummm... depends on if we are good or not :)

3. What's the best skill you bring to the team? All the skills, ez.

4. What's your most random skill you bring to the team? The janitor angriness level.

5. Besides Mexico City, who do you think is going to be the best VHL team this year? Mexico city compared to VHL is a big difference, but DAVOS, aka david.

6. How are you going to get back into game shape after a long off season? Get in that bathroom, let off a few pounds, if ya know what I mean ;)

Week ending in 3/29/2020

Second off-season week

If you are new here, just answer these 6 questions to earn 2 capped TPE. To claim the TPE first copy the link to your comment using the share button in the top right of your post. Then go here https://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt and click claim capped TPE. Select the current week (typically the Sunday coming up), paste your link into the link spot, and under the Type dropdown select Press Conference. The just submit and wait for the TPE to roll in.

Now on to the questions...

1. What's your favorite skill to work on in practice?

2. What's a question you'll use to get to know your new teammates?

3. How do you feel about the new measures to limit TPE inflation?

4. If we had to postpone the VHLM season for some reason, how would you spend your time?

5. What's your pump up song for the first game?

6. Why do you think Motza likes Taylor Swift so much?