Mexico City Kings Press Conference

Nykonax

1. The Kings are currently tied for 3rd, how do you think the season's going so far?

So far so good! 2 losses out of 8 is not bad at all. We also have the best goal differential so I think things are looking very good.

2. How have your stats been? Are you doing as well as you wanted this season?

So far I'm doing just a little bit worse than I would like but I think some extra time in the gym will help me out a lot.

3. Who do you think is going to be the star player for the Kings this season?

I'm gonna go ahead and say Zamboni has the potential to absolutely steal the season for us. Dude is a stud.

4. Who do you think is going to be the King's biggest rival this year?

Saskatoon is gonna be a pretty big rival, we're both all in for the cup this season.

5. Tag a teammate and what random skill they bring to the team?

@rory is great at building snowmen even in this Mexico City heat. I have no idea how he does it.

6. How has your Memorial day weekend been?

It's been hot as hell, so I've had a few drinks and hung outside by the pool. I'd say that's pretty good.

1. The Kings are currently tied for 3rd, how do you think the season's going so far?

I think we are doing better than expected.

Wish I was potting a few more genos but Ill pick it up.

Arthur at centre is looking pretty good.

Definitely Ottawa. 

Arthur as our 2C is a great playmaker. 

We don't have memorial day in Canada!

So for we are playing quite well, but the season has just started and there is still a long way to go. We just want to get better and better and prove ourselves against tougher competition.

I think I've been playing, I am definitely   surprising myself. I'm just gunna play my game and hopefully I keep it up.

Chris Hylands

Ottawa, they are coming in to the season as defending champs and they're the team to beat.

@Hylands33Along with being a great player he is a real good looker room guy as well.

Don't do that in Canada.

So far right on course and with Motza burger fam jam tweaking lines and working some kinks maybe we do better

Statistically I am not really looking at my points or +/- I am more focused on being an important cog to the wheel that is the Kings. We are crazy deep so I am not expecting a lot of points. Anything is gravy.

Captain Hylands is our star to be honest. He is already a star

In all honesty Las Vegas will be our biggest rival. So close and another party city.. then add in the talent they have too

@rory the man is just a funny guy that will always break the tension

What is this Memorial Day you speak of? I am a Russian living in Mexico.. What are we memoralizing?

Alright but could be improved

I'm doing ok but I think I could be doing better. My scoring isn't really what I want it to be at but I'm sure it'll pick up.

Hylands is looking great.

Probably Vegas or Sasky

@Tape-to-Tape is an absolute stud.

Fun and relaxing.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:39 PM, Cxsquared said:

Week ending in 5/31/2020

Week 2. Now it's up to you

New here? Reveal the spoiler for help...

Reveal hidden contents

If you are new here, just answer these 6 questions to earn 2 capped TPE. To claim the TPE first copy the link to your comment using the share button in the top right of your post. Then go here https://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt and click claim capped TPE. Select the current week (typically the Sunday coming up), paste your link into the link spot, and under the Type dropdown select Press Conference. The just submit and wait for the TPE to roll in.

1. I am proud of the Kings as they have sucked ever since I got here.

2. I think I'm about point per game right now which is nice, scoring a lot more goals than I thought I would too.

3. Well I don't know any of your players but probably the captain.

4. Ottawa, they're always good especially since I was there.

5. @Berocka He is good because he smells, making the other players get out of his way.

6. I didn't even know it was memorial day, I'm Canadian. 

Week ending in 6/07/2020

Week 3

Spoiler

If you are new here, just answer these 6 questions to earn 2 capped TPE. To claim the TPE first copy the link to your comment using the share button in the top right of your post. Then go here https://vhlportal.com/players/playermgmt and click claim capped TPE. Select the current week (typically the Sunday coming up), paste your link into the link spot, and under the Type dropdown select Press Conference. The just submit and wait for the TPE to roll in.

1. We've made some big trades recently, who do you think's going to make the biggest impact for us?

2. What do you think is going to be your best stat this season?

3. We've had a lot of Kings getting jobs recently, what would your ideal VHL job be?

4. What VHLM team do you think is just going to slip into the playoffs?

5. Who's the most underrated player on the Kings?

6. Have you picked up any new hobbies or dove deeper into one during this isolation period.

1. We've made some big trades recently, who do you think's going to make the biggest impact for us?

Viktor Mjers is a stud, just gotta hope we don't boost his draft stock too high for the draft this year. @InstantRockstar

Definitely assists. We got lots of talented guys on this team and they definitely do most of the work for me.

3. We've had a lot of Kings getting jobs recently, what would your ideal VHL job be?

Anthem singer. I got absolute pipes that I know would get the boys pumped up for the game.

You know it's a tough league, everyone real close to each other. I can see anybody squeaking in, or anybody going cold and falling out.

Hylands, he may not look the greatest on the ice, or off the ice, but I think deep, DEEP down there's a good hockey player. Not great, but good. Somewhere in there. @Hylands33

6. Have you picked up any new hobbies or dove deeper into one during this isolation period.

Nothing too serious, just been keeping it easy

I am really excited to see Viktor Mjers in a Kings jersey. He's gonna be a huge presence on the blue line for us.

Goals baby! Jeffrey Pines can hit your tape from anywhere on the ice and we're trying to form a deadly partnership this season.

I'm hoping to one day become a VHL GM!

It's really hard to call, everything is so close and a couple wins in a row can see everything turned upside down.

Arthur Dayne. Maybe not right now since he's leading the team in points, but he definitely deserves to be up there.

I have gotten in to sim racing! It's a great way to block everything out and just focus on one thing and clear the mind.

@InstantRockstar@rory@Infernal

1 minute ago, Hylands33 said:

I have gotten in to sim racing! It's a great way to block everything out and just focus on one thing and clear the mind.

What have you been playing. We need to race sometime.

I think Mjers is going to be a real beast for us in our push for championship

Definitely in the assists department 

I haven't really thought about that much it would be cool having AGM job somewhere 

Not too sure at the moment, every team seems to be quite competitive. I do know 2 teams who for sure aren't 

Zamboni, I think goalies are always underrated as they always have so much pressure on them

I have been reading a lot more than I did before.

On 6/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, Cxsquared said:

Week ending in 6/07/2020

Week 3

Hide contents

- The trade with Halifax, MEX got a really good D and RW from that trade.

- Its gonna be points and +/- so the more we win the better the stats will be.

- A free rider! lol jk, but I am fine being just a player, I dont think I could handle being an AGM/GM in the near future.

- Still have love for my old team- HALIFAX

- Jeremy Lin! he is gonna be good so dont sleep on him

- This league! I joined this league due to boredom lol

On 6/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, Cxsquared said:

- I'll just on the Viktor Mjers hype train. This guys has a lot of potential.

- A week ago I woul'd have said shot blocks and hits, but this week has been amazing for my assist numbers, so that's looking up.

- AGM. As a more of a leader, I feel like I would excel in this role

-  I feel like Mississauga is a bit up there to me.

- I pick someone different Chris Hylands has some nice all around stats. Definitely a solid player.

- I've been all on board getting deeper into programming. Amazing them things you can make computers and everything around you do!

1 minute ago, turkey2349 said:

- AGM. As a more of a leader, I feel like I would excel in this role

AGMs are the true leaders

On 6/2/2020 at 12:37 PM, Cxsquared said:

Week ending in 6/07/2020

Week 3

Reveal hidden contents

Me of course!

+/-

GM

Us

Lots of gaming

Week ending in 6/07/2020

Week 3

Reveal hidden contents

1. Viktor Mjers hopefully

2. Looking like assists.

3. I'm just here for the SBA welfare, but maybe something that gives a lot of TPE for not a lot of work.

4. Sauga maybe

5. Jeremy Lin maybe.

6. Lots of netflix

Week ending in 6/14/2020

Week 4 Come on let's score

Spoiler

1. The WJC have started, what country do you think is going to win?

2. Mexico City just can't seem to gain solid traction, what do you think we need to change in our game?

3. Houston seems to be gunning to beat our 60 lose record from last year, what do you think is the main cause of this?

4. What VHL team do you think is going to win the cup this season?

5. What VHL team do you want to eventually play for?

6. What is your go to snack during the season?

Team Asia will be victorious 

2. Mexico City just can't seem to gain solid traction, what do you think we need to change in our game?

I think we still have a bit to figure things out before playoff time. We have a good group and I believe things will click.

3. Houston seems to be gunning to beat our 60 lose record from last year, what do you think is the main cause of this?

Don't really know the cause, but its great to know you'll play them.

The New York Americans

Playing for any team would be great, best would be one with an active locker room

Smartfood popcorn

Hopefully USA for my predictions.

We just need to be more consistent.

3. Houston seems to be gunning to beat our 60 lose record from last year, what do you think is the main cause of this?

Uhh... They're bad?

Hopefully Riga.

Riga has my rights so them.

Doritos.

On 6/10/2020 at 12:21 PM, Cxsquared said:

Week ending in 6/14/2020

Week 4 Come on let's score

Reveal hidden contents

Team USA

Maybe the logo?

Trading away their players for draft picks?

Seattle

Doesnt matter to me, just want to get drafted to the bigs

Nutella 

I think Canada, or USA. Could be World...

Just good ol hard work and line tweaks.

Lack of talent or high skill level in tanking.

Seattle of course.

Doesn't matter as long as it's not that one team.

Gummy bears. Gotta love'em right?

1. The WJC have started, what country do you think is going to win?

- Late to the party, but I thought we (USA) did well!

- Wish I knew man. Some games everything clicks, others nothing is.

- As someone not on the team last year, it doesn't hit me as hard, but I know a lot of the guys would like to forget last year

- Us of course

- I'm really getting to like my drafted team HC David

- Anything with peanut butter