VHLM Updates

Retired MF

Games are posted to create discussion and for the scores to be there without 17 clicks. Updaters update weekly for the fact that if they had to make one GIANT update, it would be a pain. Plus, it creates a position in the league for the members to have something to do. Updaters can't update if point tasks aren't graded and the simmer can't update the sim if the pages aren't updated.

Also that lazy fuck goes to University, farms and has a job, so any free time he has is spent here getting games up and while he'd love to spend his extra hours updating the sim on top of everything else, I certainly wouldn't expect him to want to based on how busy he is and how appreciative we should be that we get his time and dedication. Unfortunately there are some things that aren't perfect, but you gotta understand that real life takes place and the league operates as free time allows.

Except the simmer doesn't update... so... the chain is killed. The end all is the update of the game. That is why we do articles and such, do upgrade our players. If the players are not getting upgrade then the updaters, graders, etc. are pointless.

The updates are in when they are needed. Playoffs. Guess what, your <10 point update every week isn't gonna make or break you or your team's season. It never has, and it's been successful so far. Last I check it's S37 and shit is still running smooth.

Except I am sitting on 24 more, will have an additional 14 each of the next 2 weeks. A player with 3 TPE is way different than one with 50 TPE. Especially when we all start with the same base ratings.

Like I told Svo, "Let's be honest... watching your guy play like shit knowing you've got pending TPE that some[one] won't update does NOT lend to more activity. Everyone is saying bust ass to catch the recreates BUT if the upgrades never go in... how can I?"

Edit: I am on the same scale as an inactive (or someone who created and quit immediately) except I am active. I understand the league has been around forever but recent discussions are proving that the influx of newer players (not recreates) are at a big time plateau... you don't think tossing newer players who are active a bone so they continue to be is a good idea? Especially with the VHLM TC's and such most of us are waiting to be input. It would even the league out a ton (which has been another complaint / discussion recently).

Note: I always come at things like this, just is how I am... check the picture and understand who I named my player after and you'll get my personality. Apologies for the people I rub the wrong way ahead of time but it is what it is. Hell, I talk to Svo now... it aint a big deal.

Edited by Coach D

There's no way to hire someone specifically to input the updates into the sim? Or would you have to have STHS in order to do that?

We already did that and I am willing to give the engine to people who are reliable.

Also, I think this fellow brings up a good point. There is absolutely no reason VHLM updates cant be put into the sim weekly and the really should if you want new members to feel like they are working toward something. I have a registration code purchased already. I for one welcome new members coming in and making suggestions on how we can improve. If we listened to him, perhaps we could retain more new members.

Guest Svoboda_3

Not sure if I would be considered reliable to you or not, but the position would be something I would overtake if hired.

Not sure if I would be considered reliable to you or not, but the position would be something I would overtake if hired.

We/you would have to talk over the logistics with Victor/blue team. I have no objections to you doing it.

• Head Moderator

Why not ask the updators to do it at least twice a month?

Each updater needs their own registration code. And we rotate updaters a lot, it would be too costly.

Coach D, I understand you are frustrated but you need to remain calm and speak rationally and not swear if you wish to get points across

Coach D, I understand you are frustrated but you need to remain calm and speak rationally and not swear if you wish to get points across

How about this... Someone needs to get off their lazy rear end and actually update the players busting their rears to upgrade!

How about this... Someone needs to get off their lazy rear end and actually update the players busting their rears to upgrade!

That's a start bro. Just keep your head held high. We have all went through this problem. Everyone who has a job on this site, works to do their job to perfection to please others. I quite frankly admire all the commissioners and BOG for actually keeping this place running even after the attack to the previous site. I love the VHL and this is the only player sim league that I actually care about right now.

Hard too... I'm watching my guy get murdered by recreates game in and game out... While I'm sitting on TPE that someone won't input. I want to do well, want to succeed and enjoy this "great" league people talk about but all I see is complacency by people involved with the VHLM. And I'm not alone. Look at the number of people posting in here they want more updates. Meanwhile, nothing happens.

Hard too... I'm watching my guy get murdered by recreates game in and game out... While I'm sitting on TPE that someone won't input. I want to do well, want to succeed and enjoy this "great" league people talk about but all I see is complacency by people involved with the VHLM. And I'm not alone. Look at the number of people posting in here they want more updates. Meanwhile, nothing happens.

Don't look at it from a TPE single person perspective. Look at it, at a team effort. I had to deal with the same when it was my first time in the VHLM. Everyone goes through it bro. Just continue busting your tail for your player and it will pay off in time. The faster you get 175 TPE, the less you have to worry about "when am I going to get updated". When your player reaches 175 TPE, it's the big leagues time to handle you and weekly updates. Trust me, you will love it when you get to the VHL. I almost ended my career when I was in my second season of the VHLM because it got rather boring and I ran out of ideas for things to write. I then consulted my teammates and my GM (STZ at the time or Sterling). They helped me quite a bit and I stuck it out. I am loving that I did because now I am loving how my player has panned out so far. I am in my third VHL season, (Fourth overall because I got drafted to the VHL the season after due to making it for the VHLM draft). So I have four more seasons left and I could not be any happier right now. Plenty of times I have asked when updates were going in in the VHLM and I was told beginning of the season, mid-season and end of the season before playoffs. I know what you are going through as it was my first time, (not a re-create), and I kind of did decent my first VHLM season but I blew up my second season in there and loved it. Patience is a virtue and it will pay off.

What does that say to new guys? Hey, come in and be bored as shit and have nothing to play for for a couple seasons then it'll be fun? Isn't the point of the VHLM to give entertainment to the new guys? Instead, it's making it frustrating because there is no way to compete if the doubled articles aren't being actually being put into the game.

What does that say to new guys? Hey, come in and be bored as shit and have nothing to play for for a couple seasons then it'll be fun? Isn't the point of the VHLM to give entertainment to the new guys? Instead, it's making it frustrating because there is no way to compete if the doubled articles aren't being actually being put into the game.

You know how you have fun? Create articles that create lots of controversy and discussion. Talk and get to meet other people around the VHL. The way you can really enjoy the VHL is if you put in the work. Make sure you have fun by discussing a lot. I used to come on here to do my PT's and check the games. I never used to post on the site otherwise, but now I love posting here. Do what you can to enjoy the site. Sign up to get a job, sign up to write for the mag. Do something extra productive to go out of your way and I promise you will have fun.