San Diego Marlins Press Conference

WEEK OF 05/03

Questions: 

1. What did it feel like experiencing the VHLM Draft? Do you feel like you went where expected? Higher? Lower? 

2. What are your expectations for the Marlins first ever season in the league? 

3. Who do you think had the best draft?

4. Which team do you think will be the Marlins biggest season rivals? 

5. How do you think your player will do on the team? 

6. Who do you think the Marlins "top player" will be? You? Someone else?

Edited by InstantRockstar

6 minutes ago, InstantRockstar said:

WEEK OF 05/03

Questions: 

1. What did it feel like experiencing the VHLM Draft? Do you feel like you went where expected? Higher? Lower? 

1. Went right where I needed to 

2. Champs 

3. The Marlins (the 1st line plus goalie is great)

4. Philadelphia 

5. Great 

6. Philgar (Phil and Edgar)

1 hour ago, InstantRockstar said:

WEEK OF 05/03

Questions: 

1. I went about where I expected. I wasnt able to be online during the draft, I think I missed an opportunity to go a couple picks earlier, but it was cool to have people sending me messages asking how I would like to join their team.

2. I expect us to be competitive in the league, and push hard to do well in the playoffs

3. I think we had a great draft, it is looking like the lines we have so far as well as our goaltender are going to strong

4. I could us having a good rivalvry with the other SW US team, Vegas

5. I think my player will have a really good year of developing as the 2nd line centre, and perhaps next year move up to the first line.

6. Edgar looks like hes going to be a beast for us this year

1.The whole thing is kinda surreal, It’s a weird but great experience, it takes some getting used to I guess, I’m starting to kinda gel with my teammates in practice so things are going pretty great.

2.Its never easy for expansion teams in s new league but we have a lot of talent and good leadership, I think this team will suprise some people, The GM knows what he’s doing.

3.Us, Phil and eagle are studs, the first line is deadly, I can’t wait to play with them.

4.Definetly Vegas, those games are gonna get scrappy for sure.

5.Pretty good, It’s my first season so I have my own expectations and I’m sure management has theirs, but I’m just gonna go out there and play my game the best I can and have fun with it and try to make this team better.

6.Phil looks poised for a breakout season, I think Greg could definitely bail us out a few times though if we need him too.

It was a great experience, I definitely went higher then I expected. Most fantasy drafts had me in the 3rd round.

I am hoping that our team makes the playoffs in our inaugural season. I think we have the talent to do it!

Not to be biased but I do think our team had the best draft. GM did a great job putting together a very solid team. We are solid in every position

I think it will be Vegas just based on location. Going to be some tough games against them

I think he will do pretty well as a rookie. He still has a lot to learn but I think he is going in the right direction!

We have a solid team and we all have to work together to win games. There is definitely a few standout players but in the end, in order to win we have to play with a team mentality

WEEK OF 5/12

1. With the season beginning tomorrow, how excited are you to make your VHLM debut? 

2. If this is your second season, how does it feel being a veteran in the league? Any "expectations?" 

3. If you can predict right now, what kind of impact will you have on the team? (most goals, assists, etc?)

4. Besides yourself, who is it that you will 'rely' on the most to help the Marlins win? 

5. If you could have one player come to the Marlins right now, from any team, who would it be and why? 

6. Do you think we've done enough to be a serious threat? If not, what else could be done from your perspective? 

40 minutes ago, InstantRockstar said:

WEEK OF 5/12

1. With the season beginning tomorrow, how excited are you to make your VHLM debut? 

2. If this is your second season, how does it feel being a veteran in the league? Any "expectations?" 

3. If you can predict right now, what kind of impact will you have on the team? (most goals, assists, etc?)

4. Besides yourself, who is it that you will 'rely' on the most to help the Marlins win? 

5. If you could have one player come to the Marlins right now, from any team, who would it be and why? 

6. Do you think we've done enough to be a serious threat? If not, what else could be done from your perspective? 

1. I couldn't be more excited. I've worked my entire career to get to this point and so I am simultaneously excited and so nervous I may crap myself. The anticipation is the worst. As soon as I step out onto the ice though... it's game on!!

2. This is literally my first ever game in the VHL. In terms of expectations, I don't have any. I mean, I have a killer drive to win and dominant, but knowing that the VHL is an international league and has the best of the best, and I've only ever played in England, I feel it would be wise to temper my expectations. But DO NOT misinterpretation that as a lack of self-confidence!

3. I think Tannahill, @gregreg , if he decides to stay down with us, will put up the most points. He's a remarkably balanced offensive forward and I can't wait to play with him. I have a suspicion that Mikhailov @Big Mac will provide the most assists and I guarantee you that I will have the most hits. 

4. Our top line will be very important for sure, but honestly, guys like Sparrow @Birdman and Clarke @Kyle along with Eagles @Greg_Di will be so very important to the success of this team. The two defensemen are big and powerful and will definitely show off their worth this season. Eagles is a phenom between the pipes and will definitely surprise many people!

5. I think I would love to have Kevin Low @Smarch come and join us to give us that offensive presence on defense. He seems to be the pinnacle of offensive defensemen and I am sure he'll be winning trophies wherever he goes.  

6. Considering we are entering our first season, GMs @iRockstar & @MexicanCow123 have done a brilliant job in the draft and although we are not the deepest team, we are full of activity and are improving every week! We will definitely be more than a thorn in the sides of every single team! Bring on Season 67!!

2 hours ago, InstantRockstar said:

WEEK OF 5/12

1. Can't even describe how excited I am to make my debut in this league and on this team.

2. Only expectation I have is to watch and learn from the vets.

3. Most hits? Haha, I don't know.

4. I'm too new to know who and what everyone is good at, but a team is never stronger than it's weakest link.

5. See my previous answer, too new to know. But some top D would be great to have, a good offense starts with a strong defense, even if others might say the opposite!

6. The GM seems to know what he's doing and I trust that he'll keep improving the team where he see needs of improvement.

3 hours ago, InstantRockstar said:

WEEK OF 5/12

1. Hella excited (Expecting a hat trick)

2. Edgar teach me how to wing. 

3. Probably assists or maybe goals.

4. Edgil

5. Rayz Funk. Knox and Greg don’t get me wrong love ya but Funk is the best goalie.

6. We’ve done enough. Though we need a 4th line. 

4 hours ago, InstantRockstar said:

WEEK OF 5/12

1.  Excited as hell, can't wait to see what Dalton Wilcox can do.

2.  Watching and learning from the vets on the team.

3.  I will consider 15 goal a major success.  10 goals will be a good season (hopefully these expectations are not too low).

4.  Right now, our best player looks like Tannahill so hopefully him.

5.  Too new to know who that one player is right now, but hopefully we can develop someone on our team.

6. I think we're good and I trust our GMs.

On 5/6/2019 at 12:05 PM, InstantRockstar said:

WEEK OF 5/12

1. Very excited, ive been waiting a couple weeks for the real action to begin. Itll be cool to see how it all works.

2. Itll be cool to be learning and watching Phil rip it up on the first line.

3. I think I will be able to pitch in a healthy amount of goals as a rookie, and maybe see my icetime increase because of it.

4. I think Phil is really going to drive things on the first line as the centre.

5. Cant think of anyone to add, dont really know the league, but i think our boys can get it done just fine.

6. I think what we have is a good start. Its a good mix of rookies and guys with a season of experience. Maybe another active defenceman would be nice to spread out the ice time, but thats the way she goes

1. What did it feel like experiencing the VHLM Draft? Do you feel like you went where expected? Higher? Lower? 

- I had mixed feelings going into the draft. I wasn’t sure if I’d make the jump to the VHL so I didn’t care where I went for the most part. I ended up going a lot lower then I thought I would because I wasn’t committed to the VHLM. I was a top 5 talent that went 10th. 

- Even though we are an expansion team I think we can make a good push for a playoff spot and by the time we get to the playoffs anything can happen!!! 

- That’s easy, San Diego. When you can get Phil Marleau and Edgar Tannahill in the same draft you win no matter what!!!!

- I’m guessing at this point but I think Mexico City will be a good rival for us. Another expansion team that will be battling it out for a playoff spot. Of course it’s early in the season and rivalries are made in the playoffs. 

- I think Edgar will do well. He is a top talent, playing with a very good centre in Phil Marleau so he should be able to put up big numbers but there will be a lot of pressure on him to come up big for the team. 

- oh it for sure will be Edgar Tannahill. No one is a good as him. NO ONE! 

phil will be okay I guess 

WEEK OF 05/13 - 05/19

Questions (Answer 6 to earn your TPE):

1. How pleased are you with your player's performance to begin this season?

2. Who on your team has impressed you the most?

3. How is the Lockeroom Atmosphere? Is there a sense of optimism or defeatism? Is it energized or quiet?

4. Heading into the next few games, what do the Marlins have to do to ensure victory?

5. Should @iRockstar be looking to switch up any of the lines? What would the benefits of doing so be?

6. Ottawa, Philly, and Sask seems to be the clear top three in the league. What will it take for the Marlins to beat these three giants?

7. Have you looked ahead to the upcoming VHL Entry Draft? If you are a draftee, where do you project yourself going, if not, where do you think your fellow Marlins will go

8. Let's say you won an instant 20 TPE. Which attributes would you immediate put the 20 towards and why?

9. Is there anything the team as an organization could be doing differently to either improve your experience or promote your activity?

10. What do you think of having Marlin as the Marlins mascot?
    Image result for marlin gif
On 5/11/2019 at 11:09 AM, gregreg said:

phil will be okay I guess 

Also, you are so far, very wrong lol 

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

WEEK OF 05/13 - 05/19

3. How is the Lockeroom Atmosphere? Is there a sense of optimism or defeatism? Is it energized or quiet?

4. Heading into the next few games, what do the Marlins have to do to ensure victory?

5. Should @iRockstar be looking to switch up any of the lines? What would the benefits of doing so be?

6. Ottawa, Philly, and Sask seems to be the clear top three in the league. What will it take for the Marlins to beat these three giants?

7. Have you looked ahead to the upcoming VHL Entry Draft? If you are a draftee, where do you project yourself going, if not, where do you think your fellow Marlins will go

8. Let's say you won an instant 20 TPE. Which attributes would you immediate put the 20 towards and why?

9. Is there anything the team as an organization could be doing differently to either improve your experience or promote your activity?

1.He has a good start but trailed off and is on a 5 game scoring slide. He’s getting lots of chances so I hope he converts soon, it’s frustrating to watch sometimes.

2.Eagles or Tannahill. Both of them have been lights out, Tate and sparrow have been pretty good so far too. 

3. Some of us are rowdier then others, Were a pretty positive group. Tough loses are hard to overcome but we try not to get too down on ourselves.

4. Depth scoring for sure. It’s been our biggest problem this season. Our offense just fails at key times in games. That’s what has killed us. We’re not shooting enough either, of we can work on those baby I think we can be a pretty decent team this year.

5. Maybe, we’re s hot and cold team. I'm not the general manger so I can’t really say anything about that. It’s not my place.

6.We gotta score more goals then them. Duh.

7.Not at all, I just try and focus on the games and improving my game. I’ll go where I go and if I’m unhappy with it I’ll work harder next year.

8.Scoring, Skating and Puck-handling. Need to start generating more offence. Maybe some defence too because I’m a -4.

9.No, it’s great here I love it!

10. Hell yes. I’ll even wear the costume if you want.

So far I have been very pleased. While it has been up and down for some games, there has definitely been more positives and Eagles will only get better with time.

2. Heading into the next few games, what do the Marlins have to do to ensure victory?

We definitely need to play some stronger D and I need to step up my game. We had a lot of close one goal games.

3. Should @iRockstar be looking to switch up any of the lines? What would the benefits of doing so be?

I don't think so, we have been doing pretty good for an expansion team. I just think everyone needs to keep capping out their TPE each week, which will help us all out as a team.

4. Let's say you won an instant 20 TPE. Which attributes would you immediate put the 20 towards and why?

20 into RT, you have to get those primary stats up to 70 asap

5. Is there anything the team as an organization could be doing differently to either improve your experience or promote your activity?

Nope, I think everyone within the Marlins team is doing great. Experience has been great so far and everyone seems to be very active!

6. What do you think of having Marlin as the Marlins mascot?

Wouldn't be my first choice, we need something meaner so that teams would be intimidated playing in our arena

1 hour ago, Phil said:

WEEK OF 05/13 - 05/19

1. Pretty pleased so far, took too many penalties at the start of the season.

3. Full of optimism after a couple of great games.

4. We have a pretty strong defense already but we need to start working on our offense, we need to take advantage of every chance given.

5. I dont think so, we just need to work harder and as I said, take each opportunity given.

6. Work harder than them. We already got away with the W against the Wild, we can do it again.

8. Skating, passing and checking. Swedish steel runs through my veins, but I need to get better on lining 'em up!

9. I dont think so, I love it here in San Diego!

10. No comment! Haha

10 hours ago, Phil said:

WEEK OF 05/13 - 05/19

1. Had a good start, but has gone quiet in the last couple days, neet to step it up a bit.

2. Edgar has been lighting it up, guy has 2 or 3 hattys already lol

3. I think there is some optimism, we are a first year team so a slow start isnt super surprising.

4. More shots, we havent been getting much on net lately. 

5. I dont think it would hurt. A new look might create some different chemistry and spark something.

8. I think i would put it all in skating. More speed never hurts, might help me score more.

On 5/14/2019 at 10:06 AM, Phil said:

WEEK OF 05/13 - 05/19

1. It’s been fantastic. Really. 

2. There’s this monster on our team called Edgil crazy guy(s)

3. Energized

4. Play like we have and we’ll eventually win.

5. No

6. Great Defense and productive offense

7. I think Phil and me should go to Moscow because 1. Edgar is going to Moscow and 2. Andrei is from Moscow @Victor take notice.

8. 10 defense and 10 Passing. I need to work on those

9. Give me and my line some more time

10. Literally Nobody:

Phil: The marlin should be our mascot

1. How pleased are you with your player's performance to begin this season? - Can’t complain but I feel like I’m just scratching the surface of my potential. I know I can take over games and I’ve had a few moments here and there but I need to be more consistent every night. 
  2. Who on your team has impressed you the most? No one really, Phil has been a disappointment and everyone else just plays in my massive shadow!!! 

3. How is the Lockeroom Atmosphere? Is there a sense of optimism or defeatism? Is it energized or quiet? I will give the young guys credit they have brought a lot of energy to the room and care about the team, ask a lot a questions about getting better which is great. They care about winning and that’s all I care about is winning! 

Just get me the puck and we will win, I carrying this team so if we want to win they just need to pass me the puck and watch me score. 
  5. Should @iRockstar be looking to switch up any of the lines? What would the benefits of doing so be?
     Best thing for the team is to play me as much as they can, so double shifting me is the best thing for the team. I already play on both the PP and PK so the next step is double shifting. It’s never a bad thing to have your best player on the ice..
  6. Ottawa, Philly, and Sask seems to be the clear top three in the league. What will it take for the Marlins to beat these three giants? Saskatoon is a joke with poor leadership, Philadelphia are over confident and that will be their downfall and Ottawa? Lol who cares they won’t show up when it matters. We have the best player in me so in the end we will be on top! 
  7. Have you looked ahead to the upcoming VHL Entry Draft? If you are a draftee, where do you project yourself going, if not, where do you think your fellow Marlins will go. Phil will go first and who cares after that. I’m not in the business of ranking player, I’m a player not a scout. 

8. Let's say you won an instant 20 TPE. Which attributes would you immediate put the 20 towards and why? Scoring cause that’s what I’m built to do and improving that is my only goal moving forward in my career.

Fire whoever the fuck our assistant GM is, he is an idiot who doesn’t know what he is doing. 
  10. What do you think of having Marlin as the Marlins mascot? As long as he saves me over the rest of the family. I am Nemo save me 

I would like to say, that as a team effort we are getting to our game well. The same gameplan getting pucks deep, 3 Quarter Ice Games, Traffic in front of the net, great transitional game, one and done defense stopping shots getting through. Minimalizing Great A Chances. I will be taking any Questions anyone has. 

Week of 5/20: 

1. How well do you think your individual performance is going? Do you feel like it's contributing enough to the team? 

2. Do you think San Diego can hold up being a top three team in the league, or was it a big fluke? 

3. Do any of the Marlins surprise you based on their performance? If so, who and why? 

4. Other than the Marlins, rank your top 3 favorite teams and why (nothing crazy, sentence or two)

5. What could the VHLM do as "improvements" to enhance the members experience while in the minors? 

6. Why did you choose your player render (if you have one), any meaningful significance? 

2 hours ago, InstantRockstar said:

Week of 5/20: 

1. How well do you think your individual performance is going? Do you feel like it's contributing enough to the team? 

2. Do you think San Diego can hold up being a top three team in the league, or was it a big fluke? 

3. Do any of the Marlins surprise you based on their performance? If so, who and why? 

4. Other than the Marlins, rank your top 3 favorite teams and why (nothing crazy, sentence or two)

5. What could the VHLM do as "improvements" to enhance the members experience while in the minors? 

6. Why did you choose your player render (if you have one), any meaningful significance? 

1. I haven't been too happy with my performance lately. Havent been contributing on the scoresheet at all. Atleast i am doing alright on faceoffs i guess. 

2. I think we can hold a top 3/4 spot. We've been pretty consistently hot lately.

3. I was pretty surprised with the rookie d man Franciszek, dude got a hatty in his first or second game. 

4. Calgary, thats my hometown, would be cool to play for them eventually. Philly, they have a pretty cool name. Malmo is up there too, another pretty cool name. 

5. Seems like there isnt a ton of icetime if you aren't in the top 6. Not sure how that could be fixed tho. Cant really think of anything else.

6. I think Mark Stone is a really good player. I really like his style of being a great 30 goal scorer, while also leading the league in defensive stats such as takeaways. Having a great 2 way player like that is an extremely valuable asset for any team to have.