San Diego Marlins Press Conference

23 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Week Of August 5

To claim 2 TPE, answer 6 of the 10 questions below to gain full TPE

1. What have you enjoyed most about this league? 

2. What could we improve to make your experience better?

3. If you had to choose 1 player that has helped us the most who would you choose?

4. What is 1 thing that you want the GM's to do? 

5. A constant debate on VHL is team forum activity and discord activity, its believed new players like discord better and don't use the site as often, is this true?

6. In your opinion whos the best player in the league? 

7. What team would you like to get drafted to at the end of the season? (Remember you are all Wavier Signings meaning you will get drafted into the VHLM, not VHL)

8. When you get drafted into the VHL what team do you want to go too?

9. Currently, San Diago sits 7th. 19 points away from 6th place. Can we overtake them?  

10. What is your daily routine on a game day?

1. The active LR is definitely the best part about the league.

2. Can you submit my TPE for me? Also, make my graphics. haha.

3. Chad Gilbert. Have you seen his FO%?!?! ?

5. Yes. No one wants to sit there refreshing a forum to communicate. Discord instant communication is infinitely better.

7. SDM

9. I'm not sure. That is a big hill to climb. A little over halfway through the season. I think we need to just focus on one game at a time and on getting better. The standings will take care of themselves if we can do that.

On 8/5/2019 at 10:30 AM, MexicanCow123 said:

Week Of August 5

1. What have you enjoyed most about this league? 

2. What could we improve to make your experience better?

3. If you had to choose 1 player that has helped us the most who would you choose?

4. What is 1 thing that you want the GM's to do? 

5. A constant debate on VHL is team forum activity and discord activity, its believed new players like discord better and don't use the site as often, is this true?

6. In your opinion whos the best player in the league? 

7. What team would you like to get drafted to at the end of the season? (Remember you are all Wavier Signings meaning you will get drafted into the VHLM, not VHL)

8. When you get drafted into the VHL what team do you want to go too?

9. Currently, San Diago sits 7th. 19 points away from 6th place. Can we overtake them?  

10. What is your daily routine on a game day?

1. Everyone has been incredibly welcoming. Mexican and Rockstar have been very helpful in helping us new people learn the system.

4. Support the players in any way they can, answer their questions and just generally foster a positive atmosphere.

5. Personally, I use Discord more but that is because I like to engage in conversations and Discord is a better platform for that.

7. San Diego for sure. I started here and I want to continue playing here. I love the atmosphere of the team.

8. I have not quite decided yet. Really, I'll be glad to be drafted at all. There's some really good players in this class.

9. We theoretically can but at this stage of the season, I highly doubt we can get that sort of luck.

Week Of August 12

1.  If you had the opportunity to change positions from/to F, D or G, Would you?

2. Share an experience you've had with the people of San Diego, What are some similarities and differences?

3. Who would you say is the biggest surprise in the VHL this year? (Player or Team)

4. Do you think the standings are set or will we see movement between the top 6 this season?

5. What other sim leagues are you involved in?

6. Favourite NHL team and why?

7. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

8. What do you need to do to improve your game going forward?

9. Having shorter seasons was brought up recently. What do you think about this?

10. Will you be going to Area 51? If you aren't, which members on the VHL do you think would actually go?

1. I'd give goalie a try! When I was younger I was asked to shift to forward but decided to stick with D.

5. Just one as a GM on CDC. 

6. Vancouver Canucks. Grew up watching them, dad was a big fan and Pavel Bure was as explosive as they get.

7. Tampa Bay Lightning

8. Always have to evolve with the game. Would like to become a more consistent point producer.

9. Not a fan. The length now is perfect to determine who's a real contending team and who's not.

1.  If you had the opportunity to change positions from/to F, D or G, Would you?

MMMmaybe...goalie. Because it's like winning a faceoff except the puck is being shot at you instead of in front of you. Ya, plus those helmets are wicked awesome. 

4. Do you think the standings are set or will we see movement between the top 6 this season?

I think we're too far back to make a real push for 6th. 

League whats?

Well, I grew up a Whalers fan because I'm from CT, and since they left I kinda floated around rooting for players I liked. But recently, like since 2007 it's been all Rangers baby. Also ignore the fact that I was "born" in 2001...whoa man, it's like someone is typing these answers through me....?

Lighting is an easy answer. Last year has got to be a fluke, right? You can't be that good and get swept by the Blue Jackets! Leafs maybe except their fans keep cursing them with their blowhard shittalk. Blues won't repeat, Sharks need an answer at net (hey maybe convince Hank to waive his NTC for one last Cup run?). Vegas could make another strong push too! 

I guess my shooting? I can't seem to land anything in the net. Gotta be more careful with my shot selection. 

9. Having shorter seasons was brought up recently. What do you think about this?

No way man! I love the seasons just the way they are, more games and more time to develop! 

10. Will you be going to Area 51? If you aren't, which members on the VHL do you think would actually go?

I haven't even been to 1 though 50, so no I'm not going. I don't want any spoilers. 

10 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Week Of August 12

2. Share an experience you've had with the people of San Diego, What are some similarities and differences?

3. Who would you say is the biggest surprise in the VHL this year? (Player or Team)

1. No way! I can barely skate in net, much less on open ice!

3. I think we are doing far better than anyone expected heading into the season. We came into the season with no draft picks and are middle of the pack right now. That's impressive.

4. I think things are more or less where they are going to be heading into the playoffs. Unless something unpredictable happens then the standings will most likely hold.

6. Nashville Predators. Because I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.

7. What kind of fan says something other than their team? GO PREDS.

9. I feel like the seasons are pretty short as it is. I wouldn't want them any shorter.

If you had the opportunity to change positions from/to F, D or G, Would you?

Nope, really like my build and I can see myself going my whole career as a RW.

What other sim leagues are you involved in?

The BESL and SHL, just started over at SHL and been in the BESL for the previous 10 years. I have a different character in every league though.

Favorite NHL team and why?

Ottawa Senators, been a fan since I was 12 and it's the closest team to my hometown.

What do you need to do to improve your game going forward?

Probably get my defense up, puck handling and skating so I can contain the puck a little easier going into the offensive zone.

Having shorter seasons was brought up recently. What do you think about this?

I'd rather not, the other leagues I'm in don't offer as many games and I like having more to check out.

Will you be going to Area 51? If you aren't, which members on the VHL do you think would actually go?

Not sure, didn't know this was going down, how much are tickets?

Week Of August 12

1. I'd have to go with F, because you can still hit people, but usually you can follow it up with some more points.
3. I might be biased, but Chad Gilbert. Dude came in the league late but hasn't stopped dominating the faceoff circle since he got here. A force to reckoned with on the dots.

4. There's gonna be movement ahead of us and below us, but I think we're cemented in exactly where we need to be.

6. Sharks. Lived in the bay area when they formed, fell off with them for a bit, but been a huge fan ever since I sort of rediscovered hockey.

7. Sharks. I have no logic, reason, or stats to back that up. Hell, I barely have hope. But after the last few seasons, WHY NOT?

10. Pass. I barely have enough time for my family, I don't need to add an alien pet to the mix.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:10 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

Week Of August 12

1. No, I am enjoying my time as a forward. Though I have been contemplating whether or not to switch back to center.

6. San Jose Sharks. When I was young I always played them in the NHL games because I liked their logo and they became my hockey team after that because I refuse to root for any team from Chicago.

7. I want to say San Jose but the Hockey Gods show no mercy so I'll say Dallas makes a surprise run and wins it.

8. Get more consistently involved on the offensive side. I have been either extremely hot or ice cold in my point scoring. 

9. Nah, I don't think it's the right way to go. Players in the VHLM should get time to develop and shorter seasons really is not all that conducive to that end.

10. Who's to say I'm not actually there right now? For all you know I actually am an alien. 

Week Of August 19

1. It's almost draft time, have any gm's contacted you, if not do you have an idea where you wanna go?

2. We lost our first 2 games. Can we come back?

3. After 450+ days Boubabi was unbanned, whats you're opinion on this?

4. Do you think San Diego's logo needs to be re-branded? What kind of logo would you like over our current one?

5. What's your favourite sport to watch and why?

6. How do you feel about the VHL expanding?

7. If you could change one thing about your game what would it be?

8. If you were to GM a team in the VHL what would it be and how would you brand it?

3 minutes ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Week Of August 19

1. It's almost draft time, have any gm's contacted you, if not do you have an idea where you wanna go?

4. Do you think San Diego's logo needs to be re-branded? What kind of logo would you like over our current one?

8. If you were to GM a team in the VHL what would it be and how would you brand it?

1. Yes actually. I've been contacted by a couple teams now. Just pretty standard pre-draft talks. 

2. Undoubtedly! We're a good team, we are going to leave it all on the ice and make then sweat. 

3. I'm all for second chances. I hope that this was a learning experience and whatever mistakes were made don't happen again.

5. Hockey. The pace is incredible, the skill is unmatched, there is rarely a dull moment and the parity of essentially any hockey league is uncanny. 

6. Love it! It shows there is a ton of activity and interest! 

7. Consistency. I was really hot then fell off the face of the earth. 

None have reached out, which is shocking, especially with how horrid everyone's faceoff percentage wins are. I mean, you wanna get that biscuit, right?

I hope so, I don't wanna be stuck in Philly

Who?

I don't think we should have a logo over our current one. It would be too confusing. If we're going to update the logo I think the best way to do it would be to remove the old one entirely. 

Hockey. Besides Hockey? Women's hockey

A little hungry I guess

Score more I guess. Just to get some attention. Then people would see me win faceoffs more. 

On 8/21/2019 at 8:28 AM, MexicanCow123 said:

Week Of August 19

1. No contact, but also, no preference on where to go... I'll go wherever the wind takes me.
3. None, but she sounds like a lovely lass.

4. Not at all, but Alt Logos are always fun. Maybe retool a bit for an alternate jersey, but keep it as it is.

5. Are there any other sports? I mean besides Euro Tram Operator contests.

6. Moist. Moist is a feeling, right?

8. The Blades. Only because that was The San Jose Sharks original fan voted name and I'd really like to get any free merchandise they have lying around.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:28 AM, MexicanCow123 said:

Week Of August 19

2. No, lol

4. The current logo is ok. I personally prefer a more minimalist approach though.

5. Hockey, because obviously.

6. I think it is a good thing for the league. It gives more players more opportunities to play. Nothing will cause inactivity more than riding the bench with no chance of playing in sight.\

3. I have no idea who that is or why he was banned. So, I guess indifferent.

7. I would like to get bigger. It's tough to score on me when I take up more of the net. After that I think I need to work on my skating in order to feel more confident in the net.

Week of August 26

1. What's the most challenging part about being a VHLM player?

2. What have you been doing this off season?

3. How are you feeling as we are getting closer and closer to the draft?

4. Who is going to come out on top in the VHLM?

5. If an expansion were to happen where would you put a team?

6. Where is somewhere you would like to travel someday? Who are you going with?

7. Name one fun thing about being a Marlin.

8. Are there any games that you can remember from last season. Why did they stand out to you?

I'd say the cap, odd answer but I think if the league didn't have a cap more players would consider spending a little more time developing their game.

Just chilling, waiting for the draft to see where I end up.

Nervous, I know I'll be active but hope I fit in with the team that chooses me.

Somewhere in Canada! 

I'd travel to Sweden and bring whoever wants to come, the more the merrier.

8. Are there any games that you can remember from last season. Why did they stand out to you?

When Psyduck77 shutout the opposition in back to back games.

On 8/29/2019 at 12:43 AM, MexicanCow123 said:

Week of August 26

4. Who is going to come out on top in the VHLM?

7. Name one fun thing about being a Marlin.

1. Balancing real life with the VHL. I want to be here all the time if I can and earn my experience, but sometimes life gets in the way, especially for the older kids. 

2. Traveling a lot. I love to see the world and experience new things, new cultures, meet awesome people. Eat awesome food. See awesome things, also eat awesome food. 

3. I'm nervous. I don't like the thought of being drafting and having to go to war

4. The team that wins the most games! 

5. Hartford baby!! My home state!! BRING BACK THE WHALE

7. The teammates! We have such a good relationship and get a long so well.

8. My first goal of my VHL career! It will stay with me forever. Something you don't soon forget. . 

Week Of September 9th.

1.) How do you think San Diego did in the draft? Any hits or misses?

2.) What do you always do before a game?

3.) What do you think of our current roster?

4.) What do you think of our locker room?

5.) What are your goals for the season?

6.) Who do you think is going to win the cup this season?

7.) What do you think the team could improve upon?

8.) Tell me something the GM and AGM should know about you?

9.) What player are you modelling? Why?

10.) How would you describe your game?

44 minutes ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Week Of September 9th.

1. I have no comment on this as I am still new. I like all of our teammates so far.

2. I tell myself that I am a crocodile on the ice

3. I love my teammates, I can't wait to learn and play with them

4. I love that we have a chatty locker room and that our GM and AGM have been very proactive talking to us thus far

5. I'd like to ease into learning how to be a hockey player and help my team out

6. As a good teammate I must say we will

7. Nothing so far I've been very happy here

8. My archrival plays basketball for the NCAA soon to be SBL

9. I want to be unique - one of a kind. 

10. I run up to people and get the puck by whatever means necessary. 

12 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Week Of September 9th.

1. Well they took me first overall, so pretty god dang good. Besides that I have no idea. So many new faces! ? But I look forward to playing with all of them! 

2. Get dressed

3. Young, kinda inexperienced, but man, a ton of potential! Hope everyone is as focused as I was my rookie year! 

4. Needs a carpet cleaning, to be honest.

5. Well, zero so far. What a dumb question.  But I do hope to score a lot

6. SAN DIEGO!! 

7. Depth

8. I'm not a smart man, but I know what Ferda is.

10. Long and hard, like a body building elf. 

On 9/10/2019 at 7:41 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

Week Of September 9th.

1 i didn't see the draft but I'm sure they did well its a bit of a crap shoot in the later rounds unless there home work is done they may pull out a diamond in the rough

2 i always mediate, and visualize what I would do if certain situations come up

3 i haven't met them all yet but I have met the GM and he seems pretty astute to me

4 lol needs cleaning but besides that great comaderie in the room

5 1 make the team 2 become a starter 3 maybe win rookie of the Year although it's much harder for a goalie i think

6 San Diego lol

7 its a little early to tell at the moment but defenseman become a goalies best friend on the ice so hopefully they have defensive defenceman who cover for any mistakes i make

8 im flexible and a team guy only through hard work perseverance and showing up every day will you make it talent only carries you so far

9 grant fuhr  his hands had to be one of the quickest in the NHL at the time and he had played for a more defensive team his stats would been way higher but he kept them in  games and made key saves look easy although they weren't just a great goaltender

10 I like to fool the shooter sometimes in aggressive other times im more controlled i like to keep shooters off balance so they can't just say oh shoot for his left shoulder he,ll miss it but as the situation develops i'll know what to do i want to in position but also rely on my reflexes when the time comes

Questions 

Answer 6/9 to claim 2 TPE

1.How pleased are you with your player's performance to begin this season?

2.Who on your team has impressed you the most?

3.How is the Locker Room Atmosphere? Is there a sense of optimism or defeatism? Is it energized or quiet?

4.Heading into the next few games, what do the Marlins have to do to ensure victory?

5.Should be looking to switch up any of the lines? What would the benefits of doing so be?

6.Ottawa, Philly, and Sask seems to be the clear top three in the league. What will it take for the Marlins to beat these three giants?

7.Have you looked ahead to the upcoming VHL Entry Draft? If you are a draftee, where do you project yourself going, if not, where do you think your fellow Marlins will go

8.Let's say you won an instant 20 TPE. Which attributes would you immediate put the 20 towards and why?

9.Is there anything the team as an organization could be doing differently to either improve your experience or promote your activity?

1 hour ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

3.How is the Locker Room Atmosphere? Is there a sense of optimism or defeatism? Is it energized or quiet?

4.Heading into the next few games, what do the Marlins have to do to ensure victory?

5.Should be looking to switch up any of the lines? What would the benefits of doing so be?

6.Ottawa, Philly, and Sask seems to be the clear top three in the league. What will it take for the Marlins to beat these three giants?

7.Have you looked ahead to the upcoming VHL Entry Draft? If you are a draftee, where do you project yourself going, if not, where do you think your fellow Marlins will go

8.Let's say you won an instant 20 TPE. Which attributes would you immediate put the 20 towards and why?

9.Is there anything the team as an organization could be doing differently to either improve your experience or promote your activity?

1.  So far its been a little frustrating as I am barely producing to help out the team, but everyone does have to start somewhere!

2. Chad Gilbert has been doing a phenomenal job so far 16 Points in 10 games is very nice!

3.  The locker room seams to be good so far, its early so were still optimistic that we can turn this around!

4.  So far most of our games have been very close!  We just need to get more opportunities to the net and less on ours :)

8.  Definitely split it into scoring and skating, Im looking to be a great good goal scorer and a speedster!

9.  So far the league has been great helping me find my way around and any help I need, very easy to keep returning!

10 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Pretty pleased, apart from the last game, I'm 6th  in the league in goals scored which in nice especially since i've been on the second line most of the time.

Chad Gilbert has been a real force on the ice this season, he's behind a lot of our good offensive possessions and has a big impact on the game.

It's ok, i think we all understand we're a bit shorthanded and this is a year that we'll focus primarily on development but i think there's a quiet optimism and a certain freeness about playing with no pressure.

Improve our defence, we've conceded 51 goals which is way way too much so putting a bit more emphasis on that side of the ice should help. Philly, Ottawa and Halifax are all very winnable games that could build up some momentum for us.

I've talked to the coach and i'm going to be moving to the 1st line, we'll see if this helps or not, It might mean we lose some scoring on the second line but time will tell.

Errr, they're the bottom 3 teams excluding us? So just working together and communicating on defence should give us some Ws.

Well I've been drafted to DC, it's hard to tell where our guys will go, with the rate picks move around in the league it's so hard to guess anything.

I'd put it into defence to 70 and then some more in scoring.

Don't think so the team does a good job of asking players if they need any help, at some point it's up to the players to improve themselves.

11 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

1. DUDE I AM FUCKING STOKED! I'm actually scoring early and often while STILL dominating the faceoff. FERDA!

2. Me. HAHAHAH no i'm kidding but not really but kinda me.  Seriously though, Raleigh Ritchie is KILLING IT brah. Love it. 

3. Its kind of a bummer bro. Losing sucks. But there's a sense of optimism with our new goalie.

4. Score more goals than the other team. 

5. I dunno. Keep Ritchie to my right and it's all good bro.

6. Not lose as much. 

7. I'm a Riga bro.

8. Well, besides banking it cuz I wanna stay down here, I'd dump it all into scoring bro. I'm hooked! It feels good!

9. We need to attract FAs man. Missed a few that could have helped out. Need to hype the young guys into where to slot their TPE too. Team effort bro!