San Diego Marlins Press Conference

17 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Answer 6/9 to claim 2 TPE

1.How pleased are you with your player's performance to begin this season?

2.Who on your team has impressed you the most?

3.How is the Locker Room Atmosphere? Is there a sense of optimism or defeatism? Is it energized or quiet?

4.Heading into the next few games, what do the Marlins have to do to ensure victory?

5.Should be looking to switch up any of the lines? What would the benefits of doing so be?

6.Ottawa, Philly, and Sask seems to be the clear top three in the league. What will it take for the Marlins to beat these three giants?

7.Have you looked ahead to the upcoming VHL Entry Draft? If you are a draftee, where do you project yourself going, if not, where do you think your fellow Marlins will go

8.Let's say you won an instant 20 TPE. Which attributes would you immediate put the 20 towards and why?

9.Is there anything the team as an organization could be doing differently to either improve your experience or promote your activity?

1 not really sure as i just got here but hoping for the best

3 the locker room seems be energized and sense of optimism is present i think we win a lot of games this year

4 a goalie and that's why I'm here i'll be doing my best to keep the guys in every game

6 if we can get syncery going and if we play as a team instead of individually we have a chance to win in every game nut each of us need to buy into the team concept

8 skating, HAND spd and reflexes  since im just starting out i'll need all my reflexes and hand spd to stay in some games

9 no so far my 3xperience has been a good one and my gm has been generous with his time and advice 

On 9/18/2019 at 6:13 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

3.How is the Locker Room Atmosphere? Is there a sense of optimism or defeatism? Is it energized or quiet?

4.Heading into the next few games, what do the Marlins have to do to ensure victory?

5.Should be looking to switch up any of the lines? What would the benefits of doing so be?

6.Ottawa, Philly, and Sask seems to be the clear top three in the league. What will it take for the Marlins to beat these three giants?

7.Have you looked ahead to the upcoming VHL Entry Draft? If you are a draftee, where do you project yourself going, if not, where do you think your fellow Marlins will go

8.Let's say you won an instant 20 TPE. Which attributes would you immediate put the 20 towards and why?

9.Is there anything the team as an organization could be doing differently to either improve your experience or promote your activity?

1. I have yet to suit up for a game so I cannot be pleased or displeased yet.

2 Chad Gilbert seems to be our top offensive weapon thus far, potting 25 points in just 13 games.

3. The locker room has been great so far. Everyone gave me a warm welcome and have confidence that we can find success this season.

4. We are on a two game winning streak so I would say continue what has worked in those past couple games.

8. I would say that I would improve skating, scoring and defense because I am trying to build a two-way defenseman.

9. Everyone has been very helpful in helping me in navigating my way around since coming back and helping me find TPE opportunities!

Questions 

Answer all 6 to claim 2 TPE

Week ending 9/29

1. How well do you think your individual performance is going? Do you feel like it's contributing enough to the team? 

2. Do you think San Diego can make their way up to the top?

3. Do any of the Marlins surprise you based on their performance? If so, who and why? 

4. Other than the Marlins, rank your top 3 favorite teams and why?

5. What could the VHLM do as "improvements" to enhance the members experience while in the minors? 

6. Why did you choose your player render (if you have one), any meaningful significance?

On 9/18/2019 at 8:13 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

1. I'm proud that I'm doing I what I want to do on the ice - play hockey

2. Literally everyone on the discord channel that talks and keeps us motivated, I'm bad with names but thank you for an amazing locker room

3. I'm so happy to have been on such a positive and fun team. We are totally optimistic and locked in, and I feel energized playing for the team

4. We have a goalie. Victory is assured. 

5. I trust the coaches - I am a player and coaches will do what is best

6. Continue doing what we do. If we do the right thing we will be rewarded

7. No. I don't expect to be drafted soon, and I'm focused only on this season so far.

8. I like to hit people

9. No. I'm very happy with the guidance given thus far. 

8 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Week ending 9/29

1. How well do you think your individual performance is going? Do you feel like it's contributing enough to the team? 

I think i'm doing a good job so far even though i've definitely hit a bit of a wall recently, the fatigue has started to build up and though i don't want to use it as an excuse, it's no secret that I'm still weaker than I should be since my injury. I really need to try and step the scoring back up to how I started the season.

I think we can make a damn good start on it, Chad Gilbert @Fire_In_Babylon has been phenomenal for us so far this season and I think keeping him around next season as well will be key for the franchise.

3. Do any of the Marlins surprise you based on their performance? If so, who and why? 

Definitely Danny Funk @funkydave our new GK, he's made an instant impact on the team, we went 3-8 before he joined and now we are 3-3 in our last 6 games, the numbers don't lie.

Don't really rank any other teams, maybe Minnesota because of my short time here, DC because they drafted me and Houston Bulls because they've got a really sick logo.

5. What could the VHLM do as "improvements" to enhance the members experience while in the minors? 

Not really sure, personally i think having the games as individual threads lessens the experience and makes the site feel a bit less like a community but that's my personal choice. Along with slimming down the front page of the forum a bit.

6. Why did you choose your player render (if you have one), any meaningful significance?

I just like Jacob Anderson's (Raleigh Ritchie) music.

8 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

1. I'm a god damn smoke show baby! Top 5 in points and always killing the FO

2. Top? Not likely. Playoffs? Sure as hell we can! And should! We have the talent. 

3. Ya man, my boy Roadkill is actually killing it with assists and RItchie is a goal scoring MoFo

4. I guess Houston, Mississauga, and Vegas, cause they have cool logos. I'll tell you who I don't like. Philly, coz Philly is the worse, and Halfix, cause their logo looks like a birthday cupcake

5. The Index interface is a little glitchy sometimes. I find myself looking at the wrong season or a post season stat and have no idea how to find what I need. 

6. I'm not tied to any 1 player render,though the Ranger-ier the better. 

20 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Week ending 9/29

1. I have only played one game so far but my performance was decent, posting an even +/- rating on three even strength goals against in a 5-0 loss with a shot, two hits and a blocked shot. The sample size is too small to tell if it is enough contribution yet.

2. I think we have a chance to rise up the standings and at the very least, into the playoffs. To the top of the standings, I don’t know if we can rise that much by season’s end but we will see.

3. I am still getting familiar with our players and all so I am not sure if there any surprising performances on the team yet.

4. Las Vegas Aces, Mississauga Hounds, Philadelphia Reapers. Las Vegas because @STZ is on their team, someone I am very familiar with and enjoyed being in locker rooms with in the past. Mississauga and Philadelphia because I liked their pitches to me when I created my player as well as the slick graphics.

5. For me, the only thing that would enhance my experience would be to have a section explaining all TPE opportunities. Maybe there is one already but I missed it.

6. My render choice is Oscar Klefbom and I chose him because I am a diehard Oilers fan and when creating my player, I was creating a mixture of him and William Lagesson.

On 9/18/2019 at 9:13 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

1.  So far it has been a bit frustrating as I don't seem to be helping the team much but I know so many people have issues first starting!

2.  Chad Gilbert seems like he's having a great year!  So far 37 points in 20 games, that's crazy!

3.  Locker room so far is great!  Everyone is here to play hockey and we all want to win!

4.  We just need to go out and play hard.  We have a great group of guys who have potential to beat anyone, just need to show who wants it more!

8.  Definitely split it between Scoring and Skating.. Gotta be fast to race players down the ice and it would be great to have a better scoring rate!

9.  The team has been doing everything they can to help me so far!  They make it very easy to come back and stay active!

Questions 

Answer 6/7 to get 2 TPE

1. San Diego is struggling to wins games. What needs to be done to start winning?

2. If you were to go on a short vacation where would you go?

3. Who do you hang out with most off the ice?

4. What do you think of the lines so far? Any changes you want?

5. Have you been involved with any little fights with your teammates? 

6. Do you think we are going to pull the trigger and trade anyone?

7. With all the talent in the VHLM who do you think is showing that they can play in the VHL? 

1. San Diego is struggling to wins games. What needs to be done to start winning?

Hopefully I can make an impact once I get a chance on the ice. I hope to help this team any way that I can

I would definitely go on a cruise to the Caribbean. Cruises are the best, highly recommend

I just got here so I really don't have any friends on the team. I hope to meet some of the guys at practice this week

Before I signed a contract here I really didn't pay too much attention to the success of the team, but I will definitely change that once I get involved on the ice.

No not yet. I imagine that will come with time, but not yet.

I have no clue, honestly. I just hope to get integrated into the team soon, so that I can start building relationships with some teammates.

10 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Answer 6/7 to get 2 TPE

7. With all the talent in the VHLM who do you think is showing that they can play in the VHL? 

1.    We definitely have a strong team that can win games,  We went on a hot streak a few weeks ago going 7-2-1.  We just don't seem to be getting as many chances right now.

2. I think I would love to travel to somewhere warm.. Probably Hawaii or Cuba would be great.

3.  I haven't really built a strong relationship with anybody yet... We kind of all just hang out as a team when we are on the road!

5.  So far I have been getting along great with my teamates, they are a great group of people!

6.  It can happen.  The management seems to like the group of guys we have but with that being said, business is business.

7.  Jeff Tates and Benny Graves are playing unreal.. Both averaging over two points a game, seems like they could fit well up there!

15 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Answer 6/7 to get 2 TPE

2. I would go to the Philippines. My wife is from there and I have never been there yet and she tells me that it is beautiful.

3. Mostly it has been Roadkill Steve but I have been getting to know our newer players as well.

4. Our lines are decent. I don’t think I would change anything as of now. Every teams goes through their ups and downs and right now, we are in a slump that we just gotta push through.

5. No, our locker room is pretty laid back and everyone gets along.

6. We may or may not depending what shape we are leading up to the trade deadline.

7. Benny Graves has had a tremendous season, showing he is ready for the VHL with his great two-way game.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:33 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Answer 6/7 to get 2 TPE

1. We need to score more than the other team!! Also it'd be super nice if other teams start letting games end in ties or something while we win. 

2. Vermont. Great Beer!  Not that I would know, being - uh - 19 or whatever.

3. Forbe! I miss that dude.He's moved onto VHL but now we're on TEAM USA!

4. They're fine. I mean, I can't complain about my line. 

5. Nah, we're a good locker room. 

6. Maybe? Especially if the season is lost. I think it would be best for our the team's future

7. Me

Questions 

Answer 6/8 to get 2 TPE

1. What have you enjoyed most about this league? 

2. What could we improve to make your experience better?

3. If you had to choose 1 player that has helped us the most who would you choose?

4. What is 1 thing that you want the GM's to do? 

5. A constant debate on VHL is team forum activity and discord activity, its believed new players like discord better and don't use the site as often, is this true?

6. In your opinion whos the best player in the league? 

7. Currently, San Diego sits 7th. 8 points away from 6th. Can we overtake them?  

8. What is your daily routine on a game day?

Edited by MexicanCow123

1 hour ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Answer 6/8 to get 2 TPE

3. If you had to choose 1 player that has helped us the most who would you choose?

5. A constant debate on VHL is team forum activity and discord activity, its believed new players like discord better and don't use the site as often, is this true?

7. Currently, San Diego sits 7th. 19 points away from 6th place. Can we overtake them?  

1. Winning

2. Not sure really. Maybe some consistency in the games or TPE events

3. Me. Duh

4. A bigger push for skill players in the off season

5. Ya, I prefer discord. Forums are kinda old school. I mean, I'm old, but prefer discord. That said, the Forum is better for TPE events, news, and updates

6. Probably whoever is top 5 in points, assists, and leads the lead in faceoff wins. Not sure what kind of magical player would be all those things....

7. Nope. 

8. Wake up, shower, poop, shower again because I pooped, eat, drive to area, poop, eat, dominate, celly, eat, poop, drink, sleep

On 10/11/2019 at 5:22 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

The Locker room experience is pretty good here and fun to see a GM so involved in the team.

Can't think of anything off the top of my head really, perhaps decluttering some of the forum as the main page is a bit of a mess.

Probably Chad Gilbert, it's no secret that he's one of the best C's in the league and he's leading up on our charge up the standings.

Give me more GOALS!

Yeah no doubt that discord is just better for the LR experience which is a big part of any sim league.

Chad Gilbert of course.

San Diego are on a roll and we ain't stopping soon son! We'll take 6th then go for 5th.

I have a big bowl of Weetabix that I get shipped over from the UK along with a cup of tea, the tea here tastes shite, half of the arena's don't even have a kettle. Lunchtime I'll stack u[p on carbs usually with a bit pasta meal with some good meat like chicken or fish (salmon is my favourite). Then it's usually time to head to the arena, where I chuck on some spotify and go warmup with some shooting drills.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:22 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Answer 6/8 to get 2 TPE

1.  So far the social experience of it has been great, everyone seems nice and easy to talk too!

2.  I am enjoying the experience right now!  Very easy to return to come back and check the standings and see we are doing as a team and how much I contribute to our success!!

3.  Definitely the goalie pickup in Nicolas Fomba, we seemed to be struggling with netminders until Nicolas came along... 20-5-1 PHEW!!!

5.  I find Discord is a lot easier to use in the sense for communication, it has really helped me get use to the league from the start for sure!

7.  For sure, we just went on a 11 game tear.. as a team we are ecstatic about our performance and plan to keep it up!

8.  On game days I like to sleep a couple more hours to get some rest.  I go to morning skate for a light warm up, get a great lunch into me (usually bacon and eggs or an omlette).  Then I relax until a few hours away from game time depending on when we play, I either have a nice big supper or just some light snacks.  Usually get rid of my nerves by playing some xbox or my switch on the way to the arena!!

• 3 weeks later...

Questions 

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE

1. It's almost draft time, have any gm's contacted you, if not do you have an idea where you wanna go?

2. What are your thoughts on our playoff performance?

3. What are your plans for this off season?

4. What will you be focusing on this off season? 

5. What works best in your opinion; Star power up front or a collection of strong players and a deeper roster?

6. Where will you be training in the off season? 

15 hours ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE

1. It's almost draft time, have any gm's contacted you, if not do you have an idea where you wanna go?

5. What works best in your opinion; Star power up front or a collection of strong players and a deeper roster?

1. Yes, I have been contacted by a couple of teams and one is a team that I’d love to end up on.

2. We put up a good showing in the playoffs, pushing one of the top teams during the season to six games.

3. My plans are to develop as much as possible and show teams why they should draft me.

4. I will be focusing on a few different stats such as scoring, defense, skating and puck handling.

5. For me, a deeper team works much better and thus my answer would be a collection of strong players and deeper roster.

6. I will be training in my homeland of Sweden.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:35 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE

1.  I have only been contacted by one GM.. Would be a great spot for me to land but we will have to wait and see at the draft I guess!

2.  I think we did great as a team, we went in against the second place team with the top two players in the league and put up a good fight!  They were probably expecting to walk through us!

3.  Go home and visit with my family is my first priority!  Been awhile since I have been back to see them.  I will probably spend most of my off-season there or until the team calls me back for training camp or the draft!

4.  Probably to get some training in on my defensive skills, they seem to be lacking and I feel I can help the team more with improved defense!

5.  I think star power up front is nice for when you need a goal, but a team needs to consist of a full team effort not only a few star players.  Strong players and a deeper roster is for sure the way to go in my opinion!

6.  Back in my hometown,  I will be going back to the Maritimes on the opposite side of the Americas!

On 11/1/2019 at 11:35 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Answer 6 to get 2 TPE

Already drafted by DC so no contact from GMs, well, not like I even got contacted when I was in the draft anyway.

We had a really strong showing against a top team and I think we made the Marlins fans proud.

Gonna go enjoy some time off and see the family back in the UK, meet up with some old teammates and show off some of the new skills I've got, I heard there's quite a few on my jerseys being seen on ice rinks in the south so that's great to hear.

Work on my shooting more, I did well getting shots off but only 12.68% shooting percentage is definitely something to improve upon.

A deeper roster, your stars are only gonna see the ice for 2/3rds of the game at most so you need there to be talent to keep the puck moving and the defence tight while the stars are resting.

I'm hosting a few camps for kids back in the UK so I'll be doing some training over there before heading back to DC for pre-season training camps.

• 3 weeks later...

Questions 

Answer 6-8 to get 2 TPE

1. San Diego looks more or less average out of the gate. What are your opinions on this? Should we be doing better or worse than we are?

2. How do you feel about the way your player has performed so far this season? If your new how do you think your player will perform?

3. Which Marline, other than yourself, are you most excited to see perform this season?

4. Are there any teams out there that you feel we should be looking out for at the moment? Which ones?

5. What do you think is our biggest need at the moment?

6. If one of our players were to win league MVP, who do you think is most likely to do it and why?

7. How have we done at welcoming new players into the league?

8. How could we do better?

Just now, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Answer 6-8 to get 2 TPE

1. San Diego looks more or less average out of the gate. What are your opinions on this? Should we be doing better or worse than we are? 

Less average, I think we are pretty bad rn, but have developing players with a bright future. We are doing worse than we should be.

2. How do you feel about the way your player has performed so far this season? If your new how do you think your player will perform?
I think that my player will have a tad over/under a ppg, this season.

3. Which Marline, other than yourself, are you most excited to see perform this season?

Jared N.

4. Are there any teams out there that you feel we should be looking out for at the moment? Which ones?

Saskatoon, they are the top team, and we play them today!

Probably depth at all of our positions besides goalie.

6. If one of our players were to win league MVP, who do you think is most likely to do it and why?

Probably one of our veterans, because they probably will preform the best.

You have done better than what I could have ever asked for. #bestgm/agm ever!

In think we really just need more players.

8 minutes ago, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Answer 6-8 to get 2 TPE

I think we are doing as good as we can for the team we have because our team is not experienced and has a lot of learning to do. But for now there is no high expectations.

I think my player will start of average and then by the mid and end of the first season my player will start to grow and develop.

3. Which Marlins, other than yourself, are you most excited to see perform this season?

I am most exited for Alex Bridge because we are starting at the same time and we can learn together as we go. 

I am not familiar with any teams right now.

Experienced players, and players that are good not just average or below averaged players.

One of our players that have been in this league for a while. 

This organization is probably the best organization that you can possibly be in. The leadership and the respect that each and every player and staff has for this is is amazing. 

Recruit players that have been in the league for sometime and have the experience to impact the team.

LML line.

Wherever Tickle Mafoot wants to go. He's our center and our captain.

Guy LaDude.

I have two linemates and that's all I know.

If they mess with LaDude or Mafoot their ass is grass. 

Maybe DeYeeto, Encarnacion or Tallinder. All doing very well for their teams. We need Roadkill Steve to stay down and carry us.