San Diego Marlins Press Conference

On 11/23/2019 at 8:33 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

Questions 

Answer 6-8 to get 2 TPE

1. San Diego looks more or less average out of the gate. What are your opinions on this? Should we be doing better or worse than we are?

Just getting our new guys more experience will pay dividends later in the season so I think we have to just get the some ice time and the results will pick up much like they did last season when we started slow.

2. How do you feel about the way your player has performed so far this season? If your new how do you think your player will perform?

Pretty good, I was hoping to be a bit higher up the goal charts but 19 in 20 isn't bad at all. Breaking the 60 goal mark would be good in my opinion.

3. Which Marline, other than yourself, are you most excited to see perform this season?

It's gotta be Steve of course, he's been tearing it up out there, 45 points in 20 games says all you need to know, He's definitely on the road to being a top prospect in this league.

4. Are there any teams out there that you feel we should be looking out for at the moment? Which ones?

Well obviously Saskatoon and Mexico City are the two names on everybody's lips at the moment but I also think Halifax are a better team than their results show at the moment so they could make some noise soon.

5. What do you think is our biggest need at the moment?

A strong defenseman to shore up our back line would be greatly appreciated, we've scored the 2nd most goals in the league so we can hold our own on that end but there's two sides of the coin to focus on and we need some more defensive talent and effort if we want to be more consistent in the future

6. If one of our players were to win league MVP, who do you think is most likely to do it and why?

Roadkill Steve of course, he's the best forward in the game at the moment and excellent at both finding the back of the net and picking out teammates for the assists.

7. How have we done at welcoming new players into the league?

Yes definitely, the Marlins got me back into full activity and the LR atmosphere is great at welcoming new players and helping them get accustomed to how the league works.

8. How could we do better?

1. San Diego is struggling to wins games. What needs to be done to start winning? 

Keep playing mafeet.

2. If you were to go on a short vacation where would you go? 

South where it's warmer.

3. Who do you hang out with most off the ice? 

Mafeet.

4. What do you think of the lines so far? Any changes you want? 

More LML line shifts.

5. Have you been involved with any little fights with your teammates? 

Nothing I do is little. Mafeet are huge.

7. With all the talent in the VHLM who do you think is showing that they can play in the VHL? 

Mafeet.

1. San Diego is struggling to win games. What needs to be done to start winning? 

We'll win eventually we don't need to worry right now. Just keep developing.

2. If you were to go on a short vacation where would you go? 

Wherever mafoot goes. 

3. Who do you hang out with most off the ice? 

LaGuy.

4. What do you think of the lines so far? Any changes you want? 

LML line is killing it. Don't change it at all.

5. Have you been involved with any little fights with your teammates? 

Not yet, but I will.

7. With all the talent in the VHLM who do you think is showing that they can play in the VHL? 

Roadkill and the LML line...

Answer 6/6 to get 2 TPE! 

1. How well do you think your individual performance is going? Do you feel like it's contributing enough to the team? 

2. Do you think San Diego can make there way up into the top 4 in the standings?

3. Do any of the Marlins surprise you based on their performance? If so, who and why? 

4. Other than the Marlins, rank your top 3 favorite teams and why (nothing crazy, sentence or two)

5. What could the VHLM do as "improvements" to enhance the members experience while in the minors? 

6. Why did you choose your player render (if you have one), any meaningful significance? 

On 12/6/2019 at 2:08 AM, MexicanCow123 said:

1. How well do you think your individual performance is going? Do you feel like it's contributing enough to the team? 

It's going well I think, though I've gonna through a rough patch recently with a b it of a goal drought, though two in the last game against Halifax was a confidence booster, I'll try and keep this momentum going.

2. Do you think San Diego can make there way up into the top 4 in the standings?

Definitely, we've got some top talent along with some really keen young guys that are working on their game and getting better every week.

3. Do any of the Marlins surprise you based on their performance? If so, who and why? 

Both Alex @Alex Bridge and Jared @jared have been really great additions to the team, their on ice stats might not reflect the hard work they've been putting in but I'm sure that will come with time. They are also great guys that liven the LR up a lot.

4. Other than the Marlins, rank your top 3 favorite teams and why (nothing crazy, sentence or two)

DC Dragons of course, they're the team that had faith in me and drafted me, shout out to the GM @Enorama.

Not really got anyone else to be honest, perhaps Minnesota as I did play there for a bit.

5. What could the VHLM do as "improvements" to enhance the members experience while in the minors? 

This may be personal preference but I'd prefer a full "sim thread" with all of the results from each sim so there's more discussion on games as right now you don't tend to get much interaction on indivudal games when they're all split up.

Something like just posted each game and the scorers idk.

6. Why did you choose your player render (if you have one), any meaningful significance? 

No particular reasons apart from Raleigh Ritchie is a cool name and I really like his music.

On 12/5/2019 at 9:08 PM, MexicanCow123 said:

Answer 6/6 to get 2 TPE! 

Well I’m averaging just under a point per game, and i’m on the 2 nd string. So I’m saying i’m doing amazing currently. I’m doing a tad bit better than the first string C!

For Sure! I believe we’re at #5 currently, and we’re on a roll, so we can always do it!

Ritchie and Steve, Holy cow, they are amazingggg!

1. Saskatoon: My cousin plays for them!

2. Houston: I used to play there with my glitched player

3. Mississauga: I just like playing them ?

Well,I don’t think having 100 points in 45 games is realistic for some of the players here. ?

6. Why did you choose your player render (if you have one), any meaningful significance? I don’t know what that is, so i probably didn’t choose one?!

On 12/6/2019 at 4:08 AM, MexicanCow123 said:

Answer 6/6 to get 2 TPE! 

Recently joined the team, so no games played yet, but if I can say few words on what I´m hoping to bring - hits and physicality. Play straight forward hockey and crash the net. Hopefully I can score goal or two, as a winger and forward I´m expected to score when opportunity comes, so when I play my game and use the chances -  I´m doing my part on the puzzle!

Not looking too good right now, obviously 3 or 4 sims since the question was posted, but I think difference in points is too big, 19 points at the moment to the 4th place. Fifth place is still more than a fair target, only point away. Top-5 finish in todays VHLM is great achievement.

Roadkill Steve is an easy answer, almost goal per game pace! 41 goals in 47 games, that is crazy total. What makes his performance special is how important player he has been, him and Ritchie are the only players with 30+ goals, third best has 10 goals.

Saskatoon - 47 wins from 48 games is domination, not a huge fan of the team necessarily, but have to show respect to that kind of record!

Houston - love the logo and colors, real cool brand and that goes long way.

Philadelphia - only team with over 600 penalty minutes. Impressive total in 49 games

Do whatever it takes for teams to not have the ability to win 47 games out of 48. I have not been following at all on how they did it, just great team building in terms of trading? But first reaction is - that is crazy. Some kind of TPE cap - I don´t know. Spread the talent little bit that way.

I don´t have one yet, but planning on picking one soon! Some player that has or had some similar abilities as I´m going to have.