Sign in to follow this  
Advantage

Malmo Nighthawks Press Conference

Nighthawks-Logo-1.png

Available to take any questions; also asking questions of my team, which you can answer for TPE if you choose.  I will be asking six questions every week which will give you 2 Capped TPE if you answer them.

1. What do you think of being a member of the Malmo Nighthawks?

2. What are your goals for your individual player this year and going forward?

3. Are you a Locker Room or a Discord type of person?

4. Favourite thing about the Victory Hockey League?

5. The thing you would like to change about the Victory Hockey League?

6. What kind of player are you looking to build?

@Toasty @JG10 @FBR @Wheaties @Donno100 @Laflamme @Matt_O @Bucky___lastard @Lightningyamasha @xsjack

7 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Nighthawks-Logo-1.png

Available to take any questions; also asking questions of my team, which you can answer for TPE if you choose.  I will be asking six questions every week which will give you 2 Capped TPE if you answer them.

@Toasty @JG10 @FBR @Wheaties @Donno100 @Laflamme @Matt_O @Bucky___lastard @Lightningyamasha @xsjack

1. So far I love being apart of this team 

2. My goal is to win Rookie of the year have 65+ points at some point in my career I want to win a championship 

3. I am a discord person 

4. My favourite thing about the vhl is the portal because it makes things a lot easier 

5. I would not change anything 

6. I am looking to build a offensive forward 

while also being alright at defence 

Edited by xsjack

21 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Nighthawks-Logo-1.png

1. I couldn't be happier to be a part of this team, I can't wait to make an impact in the league and show these other teams we mean business. 

2. Goals for this year are to make a statement as a rookie in the league and help this team have a strong first year.

3. Yes.

4. The constant thought process about where to take my player next in regards to attributes.

5. Really think a more robust introduction to how things work for newbies. The "let me know if you need anything" messages are nice but leave a lot to the imagination.

6. I'm looking to build a high scoring center with the ability to be a playmaker. 

28 minutes ago, Advantage said:

1. At first I was a little sad to be leaving the Americans right when they were going to start contending, but now I can be a premier player on an expansion franchise and I am hype.

2. Last year I was a little disappointed after only notching 33 points, this year I want 60 at least and hopefully I can be a consistent 80-90 point guy in my prime years.

3. Both, I have discord on my phone so it is easy to access, but I do post frequently in the locker room. I prefer discord for its convenience I guess.

4. The community is great, all the people on this site are great.

5. Sometimes I wish new people would get more jobs instead of the most premier members getting all the jobs. I understand that they are reliable and they should have the GM positions and such, but many jobs are filled up by big time members that could maybe go out to newer members instead. Also I would give first gen players an advantage in the TPE, so their first player is successful and if they stay, then their second and third guys would lose out on the bonuses a first gen guy would have, to keep people around on the site.

6. A scorer. I think I may go after an Oyorra Arroyo type build since he is a beast.

1. I think it's great, excited to be on a new team with a new history

2. Was close last year but PPG would be nice. And wanna play good defense too

3. Discord for sure

4. VHL Portal is sick

5. Um idk not really sure, maybe more unique builds but that's difficult. I'd love to create a Hyman type player and have it be viable

6. All around. Jack of all trades master of none, kinda like Connor Brown a bit better at everything

4 hours ago, Advantage said:

Nighthawks-Logo-1.png

1. I'm over the moon to be here. Think I've made it pretty clear that I am very excited for this opportunity and I think we have some really valuable pieces in Materazo, Lynch, Garrop, Kai and Glover.

2. I think I just want to establish myself as a force in the league, whether it be by scoring lots of points, or just by getting physical and playing hard defense.

3. Definitely always have and always will be a LR guy. It is more at my pace to keep up with. I have a hard time with Discord, because too much is going on.

4. The Malmo Nighthawks, boys!

5. More opportunities for young players to play major roles. Loving the fact that we're a young team with a bunch of major roles.

6. A generally defensive-minded, hard-hitting defenseman who can stick up for his team. He's capable of scoring lots of points, as you can see from last season, but always takes care of his own end first.

Anyway I'm super pumped for this, and I'm loving my new teammates already, so I just gotta ask you boys. @JG10, @FBR, @Donno100, @Bucky___lastard, @Matt_O, @xsjack, are you in? Because I sure as hell am!

I am thrilled. I think this team has a really good young core here to compete for years.

Well I am still in VHLM for one more season but I expect to come out firing in the VHL next year.

Discord for sure.

The people here. Anytime you need help, there is always someone here to help.

Faster off-season.

Overall, just a great team player that wants to help there team win a championship

It's great. I have the opportunity to wrtite a part of this franchise's history.

If I can just be in the discussion for Top Rookie, I'd be happy. Playoffs is also a goal, for sure.

Discord. I think the LR on the forum is a bit useless now.

GMing is pretty fun. I personally think it's more fun than building a player. Also, I like how it's a better Be a Pro than the shitty one we get in the NHL games, even without actually playing our players' games.

Faster off-season.

Just a complete player. I don't want to put everything in scoring or passing, I don't want to be the best at one thing, I want to be good at everything.

1. What is your opinion on the current chances of Malmo to make a potential playoff run?

2. You can pick any member in the league to have on Malmo that isn't, who would it be?

3. Impressions on the trades I've made so far as GM?

4. Biggest steal that could come out of the S66 draft?

5. Most likely to bust coming out of the S66 draft?

6. Opinion on Moscow...

2 minutes ago, Advantage said:

1. What is your opinion on the current chances of Malmo to make a potential playoff run?

2. You can pick any member in the league to have on Malmo that isn't, who would it be?

6. Opinion on Moscow...

1. It's too early to tell, but we are better than everyone expected and we'll continue to let people know on the ice.

2. It would have to be @rjfryman Julius Freeman. We had a great chemistry in Halifax and he'd be a great addition to the team.

3. Every trade had been calculated and put us in a better place, zero complaints on that front.

4. Rusty Shakleford

5. HHH

6. F*CK MOSCOW

4 minutes ago, Advantage said:

6. Opinion on Moscow...

1. I think we could make the playoffs but it would be pretty hard cause the only bad team in the Europe conference is Moscow 

2.kylard cause me and him were on Ottawa together and he is a good dman

3. Pretty good we got some good guys cause of your trades

4.Rusty shackleford 

5. HHH cause he is already a bust

6. Just terrible they should be demoted to the VHLM and be replaced 

9 minutes ago, Advantage said:

6. Opinion on Moscow...

1. I want to be optimistic but the European Conference is loaded. Besides Moscow we have riga Helsinki and Davos, all of which are contenders. It will be tough to beat one of these guys for a spot.

2. If I could pick anyone I would want Ludvig Sederstrom. Uphillmoss is low key my boy. I’ve had one DM chat with him and we’re boys now. Also Veran Dragomir would be nice.

3. So far so good. Making us competitive without sacrificing our future. Great stuff

4. Jordan Joshua Tonn. I wanted to pick him up but he went higher than our spot. He does PTs occasionally and as long as he stays active he can be good.

5. Mikko Altonen. I haven’t  heard a  word from this guy and yet he goes sixth overall. Him and HHH. HHH is trash, trust me I played with him in the brand tourney

6. They are trash. Trash talk is one thing but when you had nine wins and currently have zero wins you have no room to talk.

Edited by Matt_O

Potential playoff run? We're the best team in the league.We're going all the way baybeeeee.

I don't know. Eudaldkp since we're a GM duo.

I wouldn't have anything to say even if I did, because it works right now.

I'm awful at these, I'd rather not make a fool of myself and predict dumb stuff.

Same as question #4, but even worse.

6. Opinion on Moscow...
Lmao who? All I can say is we're first and they're last.

On 5/8/2019 at 6:59 PM, Advantage said:

6. Opinion on Moscow...

1. I think we have a good chance, but this season really doesn't matter because we literally have like a million more seasons once our players have hit their primes.

2. Thranduil. He's my best friend in real life and I played with him for 2 seasons in Halifax. He showed me all the ropes.

3. I did an article about them, but I thought the trades were fantastic. Really liked the Vanderhuge / Pajari trade especially and of course when you traded for me.

4. Blake Gaudette has really picked up his TPE earning post-draft and could come back to bite a lot of GMs. Getting him for a 4th was a good move as well.

5. John Frostbeard. He's a great member, but since he is busy making high-quality articles, he has no time for his player.

6. Big oof. Everyone goes inactive in like a month of playing there.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:59 AM, Advantage said:

6. Opinion on Moscow...

1. Way too early to tell if our positive start will continue. I'd rather concentrate on maintaining the momentum, and not get carried away after exceeding expectations early on. 

2. I'm more than happy with the current roster. I'd consider adding anyone who adds value and potential to the Nighthawks franchise. 

3. I never try to understand the trade process or strategy behind it. I'll just say that I believe in the moves made and trust that management is doing a good job. 

4. I cannot possibly comment on next seasons draft. There's plenty of quality players but I'll let the Malmo scouting department do their job. 

5. See above. I hope no one that has so far shown potential can be classified as a bust after the draft. 

6. I might be the only Nighthawk that isn't on board the Moscow hate train. I've always gotten on well with Victor and they have some good players there. I came close to signing with the Menace this off-season because I believe that they will turn the corner and become a great franchise. If my teammates want to continue the negativity, that's their right, but I'm not about to play that game as my career winds down. 

On 4/30/2019 at 8:04 PM, Advantage said:

Nighthawks-Logo-1.png

1. Love it, it's the best logo in the league. Plus I always love playing for expansion franchises, see Season 30/40's era VHL.

2. As someone who is likely only going to be with Malmo for the final three seasons I just hope Pajari can contribute stats wise somewhere. I've tried to make him well rounded enough to justify that. Based on how the sim has gone thus far this season if Pajari can continue his outstanding hitting pace, keep improving on faceoff and get some more points he could have a shot at top two-way, which for contending for an award with an individual player at all is a feat, so I'll take it. 

3. Neither and either. I have always been neutral on LR's and treat them as a place to just chit chat league stuff and other random stuff from time to time. But as I've gotten older and busier I've found I visit them only a few times per week as opposed to more regularly. Discord is a faster, steadier version of the LR so yeah I'm fine lurking and chatting on there and it's good to get ahold of someone when you need it. But I've accepted that I chat less than most anyway so Discord is about the greater VHL community.

4. I don't even know anymore. There was a time that what I liked about the VHL was it's sense of place/history, and as we have gone on I think the thing I probably can relate to most about it is the sense of evolution. It's a lot weirder of an experience for those of us that have seen VHL peak, fall, and then peak again with changes this time out. It feels like collectively a bunch of have seen so much that trying to analyze the VHL now is little more than just..."man look at this thing still going." 

5. See answer 4 I guess? I don't really know what I think right now because the we are working on ironing out and defining so much of the changes already made. If league growth continues at all time highs though changes will have to come. 

6. With Pajari at this point well rounded, more of a pass first/defensive style center who has some offensive output. I've also been a bit more physical and happy with it but at this point considering he was a 3rd round pick I'll just take Pajari not being a scrub haha. 

1. Favourite thing to do when you aren't on the VHL?

2. What NHL player does your VHL player mostly closely emulate?

3. What team needs a logo change the most?

4. Where would you expand next and what would you call the team?

5. Does the VHL need to go to third and fourth lines before expanding again?

6. Favourite TV Show Now and Growing Up?

6 minutes ago, Advantage said:

1. I play hockey a lot, and I also play the piano.

2. Nolan Patrick. Supposed to be good but can't quite find his stride

3. New York. At least the Davos logo has nice colors in it

4. Bring back the Vasteras Iron Eagles

5. Add a third line, but we should never add a fourth line. That's just not enough playing time.

6. The Office, hands down

8 hours ago, Advantage said:

1. I love music, and as much as I hate people who go around yelling "MUSIC IS MY LIFE," it's pretty much all I do outside of here. I'm actually studying engineering, but when I'm not doing that I'm playing trumpet or guitar or trying to find some good stuff I haven't heard before.

2. Duncan Keith. I'm not a scorer at all, I'm a reasonably nice passer, but my most remarkable trait is absolute shutdown defense. That will always be my #1 priority.

3. A few, in my opinion. Calgary and Seattle are right at the top of the list, and the New York logo is a bit too Rangers-y. While I don't hate the Riga lion, I feel like a redesign could make it look quite a bit cooler, too. 

4. I've actually brought this idea up at least twice. Nuuk, the capital of Greenland, is just begging for a team called the Nukes.

5. I'm completely in agreement with @Matt_O here. I would actually really like to see every team be able to fill up three lines, but if every team starts filling up all four, we're getting a bit too crowded.

6. If we're going way back to my growing-up days, nothing can beat Sesame Street. Now, I'm more into Seinfeld. 

10 hours ago, Advantage said:

1. Play games or watch tv

2. Leon Draisaitl because I am a scorer and a passer 

3.New York’s logo it’s to bland they need add something else in that makes it look nice

4. Russia Needs a good vhl team so put a team in St.Petersberg and call them the spetznaz 

5. The Vhl will have to eventually have 3rd and 4th lines so they should already start using 3rd lines right now but in the meantime keep expanding 

6. Right now I am binge watching the walking dead so that’s my favourite show right now 

On 5/29/2019 at 11:24 AM, Advantage said:

1. Go fishing!

2. Probably John Tavares at this point 

3. The Americans logo, it's horrid 

4. Sydney, Australia. . . The Sydney Reef

5. That's probably the only way to keep the league sustainable and growing.

6. Lucifer now, growing up was Dinosaurs

1. Any S67 draftees that you want on the squad?

2. Are you happy with your players performance this season?

3. Discord or Forums?

4. Predict when we will win our first cup

5. Do you play an instrument? If you do, which instrument?

6. Would you rather be feared or loved?

Edited by Matt_O

14 hours ago, Matt_O said:

3. Discord or Forums?

1. Hulk Hogan and Boone Jenton seem like great additions to the D

2. Absolutely... I came out firing on all cylinders and I am looking forward to finishing the season strong.

3. Both have a place and a need. I prefer discord, but I am on the forum all day.

4. I have a really good feeling about S68.

5. I dabble in guitar, but I wouldn't say I play, more just goof around and pretend I know what I'm doing.

6. Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

On 6/3/2019 at 7:00 PM, Matt_O said:

3. Discord or Forums?

1.hulk hogan would be a nice addition to our defence 

2. Not really i feel like I could have played a lot better

3. I like both but discord is more convenient and faster

4. I am thinking around S68-70 area because we have a lot of young guys and by that time they will be really good

5. I don’t play an instrument but I would like to learn how to play guitar 

6. I would wanna be loved by the fans but also feared by my opponents