Malmo Nighthawks Press Conference

How do you feel about the news of Frederik Elmbeck?...

Honestly, I'm very saddened to hear the news. He seemed like an absolute gentleman.

There are some rumours about our team in a very big three way deal. Do you think you should be safe?

Uhhh, I sure hope so haha. I haven't heard of any rumblings.

Retirement is very close for some of us. Do you truly think you're ready for it? And why?

I'm not ready for it yet. I'm only getting started.

Who is your favourite player in the upcoming draft?

What does Malmo need to do to get back to winning ways?

What do you think Malmo needs to do next?

Who is your favourite player in the upcoming draft?
I honestly haven’t really looked at any of the new players and who is eligible for the draft. But I’m always interested to see where the first gen players go, and if one can get picked 1st before a recreate. 

What does Malmo need to do to get back to winning ways? Score more than the other teams would be a good start. I’m not really sure, we seem to have the skill to be doing better, just isn’t clicking. Take things one game at a time and go from there I suppose. 

What do you think Malmo needs to do next?

If we can put together a nice little run and sneak into the playoffs, you never know what will happen

Who is your favourite NHL club?

Who is your choice for team MVP this year?

Does Malmo have what it takes to get into the postseason?

4 hours ago, oilmandan said:

The Toronto Maple Leafs. I guess. They've disappointed me so much I really have zero faith in their ability to do anything.

On our team, it's gotta be Danny boy!! Has the second most points on the team, the plus/minus leader by a large margin and has 4 game winning goals.. and I'm pretty sure we've only won 3 games, so that's extra impressive!

We definitely do but for whatever reason, SimonT is shitting on Marleau STILL and a lot of our players are getting the cold icy should of the simulation. 

1. What's with Malmo's season? Does SimonT hate us?

2. If you could commission any member (present or past) to do a special sig for you - who would it be?

3. Who's your favourite player you've created and why? (If you're on your first - how's the building going?)

1. We are struggling a bit. Do you still think we have a shot at the cup?

As long as we make the playoffs, anything is possible.

2. Seattle and Malmo were in the finals 2 years ago. Now they are 2 of the 4 worst team (Standing wise) right now. What's going on?

STHS Luck, i really believe these two teams dont belong here

3. Is your player perforning like you expected him too?

It's getting better, but not where I hoped he would be. Dissapointed by Adrienne overall.

Ever first Pres conference in this Malmo topic.

1. What do you think of being a member of the Malmo Nighthawks?

It's been great so far. For sure the best team that Ive been on during my short career.

2. What are your goals for your individual player this year and going forward?

Support the team as much as I can and help them make a push into the playoff and compete.

3. Are you a Locker Room or a Discord type of person?

Discord guy since Im on it 24/7

4. Favourite thing about the Victory Hockey League?

Nothing really to point out at the moment. I guess if it was in a console?

5. The thing you would like to change about the Victory Hockey League?

Simulated game on console would be great and less random.

6. What kind of player are you looking to build?

Best hybrid player

1. What's with Malmo's season? Does SimonT hate us?

Ye he hates us a lot. He knows we were gonna be feared so he tweaked some stuff before the season started ;)

2. If you could commission any member (present or past) to do a special sig for you - who would it be?

Steve LeGrande has always been great at it and he always wants it to be perfect.

3. Who's your favourite player you've created and why? (If you're on your first - how's the building going?)

Been nicely. It's not the best playmaking build that I wanted, but it's been a good hybrid player that can do it all beside hitting on a hitting team.

Montreal Canadiens

Myself of course kekekekek

We should have the talent to do it. The sim doesn't like our hitting team

Golf season came early for Malmo. Should we set up a golf tournament with the PC golf game and have fun with it? 

Some big changes this off season if you know what I mean. How do you feel about it?

Who you think will win the cup this season?

Any last words for the legend Dan Willinsky?

What you expect from Malmo next season?

What you expect from you player next season?

Golf season came early for Malmo. Should we set up a golf tournament with the PC golf game and have fun with it? 

Nope, we should get our asses out of our heads and work hard to be in the playoffs next season

Some big changes this off season if you know what I mean. How do you feel about it?

Lets hope it brings us some success. Just wish the change was for other reasons as the current.

Who you think will win the cup this season?

Gorlab's Menace

Any last words for the legend Dan Willinsky?

Sorry we failed you, should have joined us sooner though, we loved you!

What you expect from Malmo next season?

Something better as this year atleast

What you expect from you player next season?
Also become a bit better offensively, as this year it was mostly my defensive numbers that were outstanding

What are you working on during the off-season?

How do you feel about our new GM, the Frosty Beard?

Any last words for ADV?

EU seems really weak at the start of next year (beside Moscow). What do you think about it?

NA will be a slaughter fest between each other next season. Who do you think will come on top? (For the playoff)

We don't have our 1st over pick. Free agency/trading seems like a destined move for Malmo. What do you think will happen?

What are you working on during the off-season?

I got beaten by Jerry Garcia on penalty minutes, we cant let that happen again. I'm working on scaring the shit out of him so he wont show up on the ice anymore.

How do you feel about our new GM, the Frosty Beard?

He will always be my frostbear ❤️ 

Any last words for ADV?

Thanks for drafting me to the Nighthawks despite being offered a lot for the pick. Was a pleasure to be able to play for you and wish you all the best with your health.

EU seems really weak at the start of next year (beside Moscow). What do you think about it?

That there is a chance for playoffs for us

NA will be a slaughter fest between each other next season. Who do you think will come on top? (For the playoff)

Moscow still. It is only a matter of time before soviet russia takes over North America.

We don't have our 1st over pick. Free agency/trading seems like a destined move for Malmo. What do you think will happen?

I think we will have to bribe Gorlab to find a way to get out of his contract with Moscow.

Edited by OrbitingDeath

Malmo Nighthawks Weekly Press Conference brought to you by Frostbeard Entertainment (Damn, haven't used this since my ECN posts)

:mal:VHL Finals, New GM, next season expectations, off-season fun:mal:

Let's do it - 6 answers will get you 2 TPE!

1. Who do you have winning S70 Continental Cup?

2. What surprised you the most in S70 Playoffs?

3.Talking about Nighthawks roster, what are we lacking?

4. S71 Draft is coming up and we will be having a 15th Overall pick, do you think our team needs to target a specific player/position or just take the best player available?
5. GM John Frostbeard will be taking a team out to a 3 day sauna party, will you be attending knowing that it will involve late partying and heavy drinking?

6. GM Frostbeard has replaced GM Miller, what are traditions that GM Frostbeard should keep that GM Miller started in Malmo?

7. What was the key reasons our team didn't do well last season?

8. Off-season is going to start soon and GM Frostbeard will be doing a team get-together in Latvia, he did advise people to use flip-phones and NOT speak English. What other precautions will you make to get ready for Latvia?

Edited by FrostBeard

1. Who do you have winning S70 Continental Cup? Shudders.... Moscow.

2. What surprised you the most in S70 Playoffs? Calgary as a force this year. I projected them to fight to get into the playoffs and they exceeded that.

3.Talking about Nighthawks roster, what are we lacking? Defense I think. I'm not sure really.

4. S71 Draft is coming up and we will be having a 15th Overall pick, do you think our team needs to target a specific player/position or just take the best player available? I'm not sure really.
5. GM John Frostbeard will be taking a team out to a 3 day sauna party, will you be attending knowing that it will involve late partying and heavy drinking? Of course. Give me some whisky baby.

6. GM Frostbeard has replaced GM Miller, what are traditions that GM Frostbeard should keep that GM Miller started in Malmo? The open LR.

7. What was the key reasons our team didn't do well last season? Our PP was not working at all. We were letting in a lot of shots which I couldn't stop.

8. Off-season is going to start soon and GM Frostbeard will be doing a team get-together in Latvia, he did advise people to use flip-phones and NOT speak English. What other precautions will you make to get ready for Latvia? I'll be bringing copious amounts of electrolytes due to all the hard work I'm going to put up. 

1. Who do you have winning S70 Continental Cup?

Moscow ouf

2. What surprised you the most in S70 Playoffs?

Calgary doing that good

3.Talking about Nighthawks roster, what are we lacking?

A legitimate scorer

4. S71 Draft is coming up and we will be having a 15th Overall pick, do you think our team needs to target a specific player/position or just take the best player available?

A forward would be nice for depth and Ryan Sullivan soon retiring
5. GM John Frostbeard will be taking a team out to a 3 day sauna party, will you be attending knowing that it will involve late partying and heavy drinking?

Yes of course. Time to drink boyss

6. GM Frostbeard has replaced GM Miller, what are traditions that GM Frostbeard should keep that GM Miller started in Malmo?

I don't even know a specific tradition that Miller did ahahaha

:mal:Weekly presser peoples!:mal:

This time questions are about WC and our off-season!

1. We traded for Mr.Burn - how do you look at this move?

2. What do you think about our S71 Draft?

3. With everyone signed, we are at exactly no cap space, do you see that being a problem next Off-season?

4.With World Cup coming up soon, who do you have winning it all this time?

5. Who in your eyes will be the leading scorer of the tournament?

6. GM John Frostbeard is doing a survey - Coca Cola or Pepsi?

• Commissioner
38 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

3. With everyone signed, we are at exactly no cap space, do you see that being a problem next Off-season?

1.) I heard he's a bust.

2.) Went pretty solid.

3.) I could see potential issues with people needing raises.

4.) I'm partial to Mercs, but World may do well.

5.) Probably Kastelic

6.) Pepsi Products but Coca Cola.

I think he is a solid addition to our roster, hopefully he can launch us back into the  playoffs 

I think we did good and like that we traded for @LittleRiDog after he told us he would make us pay....

No, because all sports competitions will be cancelled due to covid 19 anyway

On 3/17/2020 at 8:29 PM, FrostBeard said:

4. With World Cup coming up soon, who do you have winning it all this time?

1. He's chill, I've haven't talk to him much though.

2. It was great, I liked how after I told the Nighthawks they would pay for not drafting me, they traded for me!

3. It could be, but the GM will find a way to get it fixed!

4. No clue, I was busy prepping for the draft and stuff, couldn't pay attention to it.

5. Kastelic, he's a great scorer

6. Coca Cola for sure!

On 3/17/2020 at 9:29 PM, FrostBeard said:

1. That is AMAZING @Acydburn is with us!!!! I don't even know what we gave up and I bet it's a steal! 

2. I've been really really out of the loop since about 2/3s of the way into the season so I've not even seen it yet. I suspect it was a decent one. Not incredible, not terrible.. but decent

3. I see it being a huge problem if I want a raise. But depending on our spread of talent, I'm sure it won't be too much of an issues

4. Europe - because UK is the best collective nation of hockey. Marleau will FINALLY have his breakout tournament. 

5. It will be Marleau. He's going to put the team on his back and lift them and the Cup, and the MVP. BIG Words for a raging asshat!

6. Coke all the way. Pepsi has an odd taste.. I think it's the lack of cocaine.

:cheers:

1. We traded for Mr.Burn - how do you look at this move? Objectively, it was a great trade. Sadly, he's a bust.

2. What do you think about our S71 Draft? Great picks! @LittleRiDog is a solid member to bring in!

3. With everyone signed, we are at exactly no cap space, do you see that being a problem next Off-season? Absolutely, I can see some big pieces being moved in the future.

4.With World Cup coming up soon, who do you have winning it all this time? World because it already happened and I want to seem like a smart ass.

5. Who in your eyes will be the leading scorer of the tournament? Probably Aaltonen. Idk who it was tho.

6. GM John Frostbeard is doing a survey - Coca Cola or Pepsi? Coca Cola bb

Team World ofcourse, no doubt about that.

I would say Acyd Burn has a good chance, but im too lazy to check the index to see if this happened

Always Coca Cola

Hope he can bring us to the top. I don't got a lot of time left in me.

We drafted this team needs in the future and they are some good assets for potentiel trades in the future.

Nope since regressing will come for more then half of us so we should worth less money I believe.  Ryan Sullivan is retiring as well.

Welp I hope my team wins it all.

I thought HHH would be the one.

Neither. Mountain Dew baby!

This time questions are about our first few games and achievements!

1. What do you think about our start this season?

2. Who do you think is our current MVP?

3. What is one thing we are truly lacking?

4. Moscow media has released a piece about how Malmo is the best VHLM team out there, your thoughts on this?

5. GM Frostbeard was seen last night dancing in the streets of Malmo screaming for gods to help him make @Acydburn play better, are gods even capable of doing that?

6. In your eyes, which team in VHL is our true rival and why?

12 minutes ago, FrostBeard said:

4. Moscow media has released a piece about how Malmo is the best VHLM team out there, your thoughts on this?

5. GM Frostbeard was seen last night dancing in the streets of Malmo screaming for gods to help him make @Acydburn play better, are gods even capable of doing that?

1. Pretty decent overall. Our first sim we had lots of goals, but ever since we've struggled with getting them through the netminders.. but MJ @fonziGG has stepped up in a BIG BIG way and we're riding on his amazing performances!

2. MJ - no question. Dude's slick as ICE

3. Right now, it's the scoring. I think we have all the pieces in place - we've demonstrated everything already this season - scoring, defense, physicality, goaltending.. it's now a question of consistently putting it all together 

4. I think they are onto something. We definitely are a top contender.. but again - it's the consistency that is key. We need to be able to keep replicating our strengths.

5. No.. but they are capable of telling @FrostBeard to #StayTheFuckHome. The last thing we need is our GM getting Covid

6. Riga is always our rival. But we'll need to get through them if we are to get to the Finals, so they are kind fucked. 

It's been mediocre. We're still growing as a team and we can see that in our performance.

Right now, @Jtv123 is my MVP.

You know, I'm not really sure. On paper, we're a very strong team. We may need 2 more defenders.

Moscow is cocky since they had a season where nobody could compete with them. Watch them diminish back into mediocrity pretty soon.

5. GM Frostbeard was seen last night dancing in the streets of Malmo screaming for gods to help him make @Acydburn play better, are gods even capable of doing that?

I'm sure they are. Acyd has been working hard day in, day out so eventually it'll happen. He's at a decent scoring rate, however.

Moscow. They've always been our rival.

On 3/28/2020 at 8:52 AM, FrostBeard said:

1. I think its about average. We're trying to build a bit so it might take a bit to get going

2. MJ is killing it so I would say he is our MVP currently

3. A solidified scoring punch I would say. NEED MROE GOALS!

4. Moscow is in Russia so they rarely speak sense anyways.

5. Gods would be challenged but if it's our Heavenly Father Jesus Christ from Season 1, he could.

6. Moscow because they write false reports in newspapers