Phil Marleau's Rookie Profile [2/2]

Phil

Phil Marleau's Rookie Profile

Image result for patrick marleau

Phil Marleau is a special breed of forwards. Born in the Virgin Islands, brought up in England, he was expected to play footie. Instead, it seems he has more talent than most at playing “stickie”.

“His skating is phenomenal. I’ve worked with a lot of English talent, including Phil Shankly & Phil Villeneuve, who were also in a class of their own… but the way Marleau glides along the ice is like he was born with skates on. The power of his strides, the quickness of his feet. His skating allows him to drop the shoulder and pivot around you, or three quik strides after losing the puck and he’s caught up with you and taken it away again. Remarkable skater!”

~Patrick Wellington; Head Coach of Liverpool Lasers

I’d be lying if I said his shot was good. He got the quickest release ever… and patience. Having him on your team to practice with was a privilege… and also a constant reminder of how lucky I was that I didn’t have to face him come game time. He would point to exactly where he was going to shoot it and not only place it there, but the snap of the wrist he could either ping it in before I even realized it had left his stick, or hold it on his stick until I made the first move before slotting in a hole I made for him. I cannot praise his shooting ability enough!”

~Sam Terringer; Golie of Liverpool Lasers

“Physicality is the attribute that will help him succeed in the VHL. Sure he has the shooting and the skating down, but it’s his power that will be the most help to him. His power makes him a fast skater, a hard checker, a powerful shooter. He needs to harness that power and go at his opponent. He will take penalties because of it, but if he doesn’t, he almost will certainly fail in this league”

~Phil Knight; VHL Hall of Fame Builder & Player Agent.

Image result for patrick marleau gif

Discipline. That’s a point of weakness. He runs at people hard and sometimes getting over-emotional on the ice. If someone on the other team does something unsavory – you better watch out. Marleau will be going for you for the rest of the game. Most of the time it’s a protective act, but sometimes it can be considered hot headed. I am sure he will get into a few scraps in the VHL.”

~Mike Hunt; VHL Analysis

“Puck Handling will be a skill he needs to work on. He got by in England because he could just blow by everyone, but in the VHL, the players will all be close to his speed, so he will need to handle the puck better. He needs softer hands to go with his speed because if he can do that, then he’ll be a formidable forward.”

~Phil Gerrard; Former VHL Player, VHL Analysis

He needs to work on his faceoffs. He’s got great hand-eye coordination but his faceoff skills are garbage. If he wins 30% of the draws in his opening year in the VHLM I will be surprised. If he wants to become a successful VHL player then he will absolutely need to focus on this skill, otherwise he’ll be putting his team at a disadvantage before the play even starts. This is my main worry for him.”

~Phil Knight; VHL Hall of Fame Builder & Player Agent.

Image result for patrick marleau gif

So It would see that Marleau, as an exciting young talent, still has plenty of work to do. His real test will begin on Monday, when Season 66 gets under way!

• 1 month later...

Review 1

Well Written and well over the required word count.

I liked the separation with the color code for pros and cons.

Nice touch with the GIF/Video between the pros and con section!

Are you punching the guy in the face or are you drawing the penalty LOL??

Keep up the good work and love the avatar of Lee Van Cleef!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Phil Marleau's Rookie Profile [1/2]
  • 2 weeks later...

Review 2:

Good formatting, has Marleau always looked 40?

I'm a big fan both of the quotes from the scouts and the gif. Fleshes out the profile quite a bit. The quotes especially give a unique perspective on a player's pros and cons, cool unique approach you've taken here.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:41 AM, Phil said:

Golie of Liverpool Lasers

Goalie*

On 5/2/2019 at 11:41 AM, Phil said:

~Mike Hunt; VHL Analysis

Analyst*

Maybe add in a summary, but otherwise really well done.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Phil Marleau's Rookie Profile [2/2]