S66 Community Mock Draft: 1st Overall Pick

Beaviss

S66 Community Mock Draft: 1st Overall Pick  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

These started a season or two ago and it did get a nice amount of votes for every pick. We had a couple of good talks speculating over who should be taken at what pick too. So I figured, why not do it again this season? It's easy enough; just vote for the player you think the team should select at that stage of the draft and at the end of the week, we'll have built a (probably way wrong) 1-round mock draft together!We'll start with time limits for voting but will probably have to pick up the pace as it goes on, since the draft is in less than 2 days.

So let's start with the first overall pick, held by the Riga Reign :rig:

Riga Reign Projected Lineup

image.png
Edited by Beaviss

I would think, by looking at Riga's roster, they are really is no need for a C... My opinion - HHH is the most valuable player in the draft BUT he will not go 1st Overall as Riga is already too full with Centers.

Just now, FrostBeard said:

I would think, by looking at Riga's roster, they are really is no need for a C... My opinion - HHH is the most valuable player in the draft BUT he will not go 1st Overall as Riga is already too full with Centers.

Yeah but he is so strong he could probably play wing or be used as a trade piece for something else.

1 minute ago, rjfryman said:

Yeah but he is so strong he could probably play wing or be used as a trade piece for something else.

Very true, it is just a question then - is Hedgehog interested in trading or playing HHH in another position... OR he will go for a sure quality player in Freeman or Mars?

Just now, FrostBeard said:

Very true, it is just a question then - is Hedgehog interested in trading or playing HHH in another position... OR he will go for a sure quality player in Freeman or Mars?

its almost 100 TPE more than #2 Mars and Freeman are great but I don't know if we can ever match that.

With HHH, Riga gets an immediate second-line center with definite Hall of Fame potential, and with Podrick Cast being S61, they'll have a top-line star at the ready when his time comes. 

Regardless of concerns about whether or not he'll stay with the team he's drafted to, I'd say it's worth the risk. No other elite centers on the list.