Jardy

diamond_ace

I'm not usually the type of member to just write an entire 590 (and yes, I will always call it a 590) on a single member, but Jardy isn't just a single member. Jardy is why I'm here. I'm genuinely happier to see him come back than I would be to see 90% of my actual real life family (notable exceptions: mother, fiancee, sister, brother in law). Jardy was my VHLM GM with Minot Gladiators in S19, then my VHL GM with Calgary Wranglers after that. He was the guy who drafted me in the S20 draft. He was the guy who left Calgary to me when I took it over in S26.

This, however, wasn't even the first league I knew him from - I'd been in VFL before crossing over to here, so technically I credit @CoachReilly with bringing me to sim leagues in general (although even then it was that I somehow got on one of those mass email lists - also, after Jardy, Coach would be the guy I'd second most want to see come back, with @Squinty a close third now that @Phil is back and not occupying any of the spots). Jardy was in VFL, made a tight end, had Hey Arnold as a profile pic and kept making articles about "Hand egg" and was just generally the league's comic relief. Even once I'd crossed over to here, and he was my GM (a semi serious position to an extent, although it's not all work and no play since Nyko can have a team) he was still just hilarious and a big reason I wanted to stick around. My first player sucked - I mean so much so that it's still notable even now just how bad he was compared to TPE - and a lot of people would have ditched if that was their first experience in the league. Not me, and that is in no small part because of Jardy. In short, there is @NobodyElse I'd have rather seen come back, and even though I'm just starting a 5 day weekend, have the marathon expo tomorrow and running the half Sunday (all things I'm super excited about) the return of the llama man is already the highlight of the week.

22 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Jardy is back?

If anyone asks, you're the reason I left

Also thanks jACE, you've warmed my heart :wub: .

EDIT: What have you people done to my emojis?

Edited by JardyB10

3 minutes ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

the league can rejoice. Jardy Bunclewirth is back to bless us with driving podcasts 

I made three already! Only two have been posted though.

• 1 year later...