Matt Thompson -> HSK

VHL Bot

• Commissioner

Was ultimately a ridiculously tough decision. I had 6 offers, all of them equally valid which really speaks to the level of parity in the league right now. Even Malmo was honestly in it after an amazing pitch from @Advantage had me wondering if individual glory was worth it. Calgary obviously traded for my rights and did push hard but I just don’t know if I trust the top players being basically the same as the players I lost with last season, it’s nothing personal @Bushito. Vancouver surprised me with how deep they are looking, same with NY, so @Beaviss and @Spade18 both had good arguments. Then there’s Toronto. Obviously @Devise really wanted to pick me up and damn it was tempting to chase that 3-peat; I’m sure he’ll do his best to make me regret this decision. Ultimately though I had to go with my gut and say that last time I followed Devise to try and get the threepeat it didn’t work out so ultimately, on what was basically a coin flip by the end, I had to go with my boy @Quik.

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Well that sucks but it'll be my pleasure to beat Helsinki out of the playoffs

Knowing my playoff luck of late: probably

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Matt_O said:

Should of came to Malmo, we could have made history. First ever expansion team to make the playoffs and win it all

You have no idea how close Malmo actually was.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Devise said:

A close third? :P 

Basically.

All the 6 were close, the top 4 were ridiculously close.