Riga Reign Press Conference

2) Who do you expect to show up & do well in the WJC? Will they win?

Team Canada should do fine....I hear they have a player from Team World that made the All-Tournament team playing for them now.

3) We've had a few recent losses, mostly OTLs, against the Titans. What are they doing better than us?

I think the answer is fairly simple there.  They have a locker room policy of 'Get Under HHH's Skin'.  They get him off his game, he can't score the game winner like he's supposed to do.

4) Malmo dropped from 2nd/3rd to 7th over the last couple of sims. Is this a bad set of sims, or is there something going on?

It's like in baseball, you play enough games, you will eventually find out who is the best team.

6) How much will the VHL need to expand (in a few seasons maybe) if S67 and S68 are comparable to S66? Are you worried about being taken away by an expansion team?

Why expand, when you can offer GMs the ability to play 3-4 lines (with endurance/fatigue turned on)

7) Do you follow any leagues outside the VHL? Are you buddies with any players we should know about?

Like you mean the VHLM?  That's the only league I know of other than the VHL.  Unless you mean like minor hockey...

8 ) Let's say the whole VHL is entered into a Hunger Games-style tournament. Who dies first, and who's alive at the end (can't choose yourself!)?

Apparently Riga is looking good - they can't stay out of the sin bin, so they must be tough....either that or whiny wimps that need to play dirty to win.

9) What's the most-played song on your Spotify/iTunes/Pandora at the moment?

More of a podcast right now.  I'm just listening to it for one segment, unless I'm interested in the guest.

10) You're in a battle for your life with the devil/grim reaper, and he says you can choose the game/contest you want to play to live. What is it, and why?

Battleship, Clue, Magnetic Football, and Twister.   Forgot to add the why, but if you don't know what I'm talking about, I don't want to be your friend.

Edited by Anthony Matthews
making it more excellent

5 hours ago, bluesfan55 said:

10) You're in a battle for your life with the devil/grim reaper, and he says you can choose the game/contest you want to play to live. What is it, and why?

I play a rock-off like Tenacious D did in The Pick of Destiny and kick the devil's ass with my kick-ass acoustic guitar skills.

They lost that rock off.

They only defeated Satan when Jables jumped in front of the bolt Grohl sent towards Cage, and it reflected back and struck off a piece of his horn.

8 hours ago, Anthony Matthews said:

They lost that rock off.

They only defeated Satan when Jables jumped in front of the bolt Grohl sent towards Cage, and it reflected back and struck off a piece of his horn.

I know, but the whole concept is rad

21 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

Hey, you! Answer some questions.

1) The WJC teams have been selected - who are you rooting for if you're not on a team?

3) We've had a few recent losses, mostly OTLs, against the Titans. What are they doing better than us?

4) Malmo dropped from 2nd/3rd to 7th over the last couple of sims. Is this a bad set of sims, or is there something going on?

5) Most players/agents said the upcoming Season 67 draft class wouldn't be as large as S66's, saying S66 was a 'flash in the pan.' S67 currently (well, as of Friday) has 87 members that have earned TPE. Any new players you're excited to hear from in the future?

6) How much will the VHL need to expand (in a few seasons maybe) if S67 and S68 are comparable to S66? Are you worried about being taken away by an expansion team?

7) Do you follow any leagues outside the VHL? Are you buddies with any players we should know about?

8 ) Let's say the whole VHL is entered into a Hunger Games-style tournament. Who dies first, and who's alive at the end (can't choose yourself!)?

9) What's the most-played song on your Spotify/iTunes/Pandora at the moment?

1) Not playing, I guess I'd like Europe to do well.
2) As many predicted, I expect Teagan to do very well, lets see if his team wins the whole thing.
3) Some close games for sure, we got outshot by a lot so thats one of the things we have to make sure to fix when we meet them again.
4) That's just the expansion team sim luck, got to a hot start and now slowly normalizing as to where it should/could be.
5) I personally haven't looked at any draft classes yet, but at the level at which the recruitment team is working I don't think there will be a lack of talent in any upcoming drafts.
6) 100% it will need to expand again, lots of new people coming into these leagues and most of them stay for good, with that rate vhl teams will fill up really quik especially given that some teams still hold on onto old veterans. About the expansion taking me away, personally I don't think that would be happening, but if it does I'll just live with it, nothing too major, I'll stay play for a cup even if I play for a different team.

1) The WJC teams have been selected - who are you rooting for if you're not on a team?

Canada because my rival and friend D.Draper is playing there.

USA because they failed so many times in the past and I hope they win at least the Silver medal.

The matchups aren't perfect so they are exploiting us.

It's this point of the season where Malmo isn't an experienced team to play a whole season.

5) Most players/agents said the upcoming Season 67 draft class wouldn't be as large as S66's, saying S66 was a 'flash in the pan.' S67 currently (well, as of Friday) has 87 members that have earned TPE. Any new players you're excited to hear from in the future?

I am excited for Wrike Chyrnoble  because I know he will become a great goalie in this league, especially for Riga. He will be a steal for us, I am certain.

I am already playing for a VHLM expansion team but it isn't that bad, but I hope to play with Riga and win multiple cups with them.

Team Asia because it's the best continent in the world. Traveled there for half a year and it was the best time of my life. 

Chico Smeb will show up for Team Asia. Kid is elite and is just waiting to break out. Expect him to with a bigger role. 

They are just capitalizing on their chances while we aren't. Our depth forwards like myself need to step up if we want to get back on track.

Bad set of sims in my opinion. They are too good to keep this up. Expect them to get back on track next sim and take over 3rd place by the end of the season. 

If I'm being honest with you I haven't paid attention to this draft class at all. But I'm sure many of these propects will end up elite if there are 87 members that have updated this season.

Well they will definitely need to expand and I think that's very exciting. I'm a little worried because I'd love to stay here and be part of the upcoming RIga dynasty.

@hedgehog337

1. Anything you find yourself needing half way through the season?

2. What is the biggest challenge for any young players looking for a shot?

3. Name a couple things you enjoy about being a GM in the VHL?

4. Any words of advice for those of us looking to develop and become prominent players in the league?

5. Who wins the VHL Championship?

7 hours ago, Savoire Faire said:

@hedgehog337

1. Anything you find yourself needing half way through the season?

2. What is the biggest challenge for any young players looking for a shot?

3. Name a couple things you enjoy about being a GM in the VHL?

4. Any words of advice for those of us looking to develop and become prominent players in the league?

5. Who wins the VHL Championship? 

1. Nothing. The only thing I need is to find perfect lines to win the championship. I don't plan to make any moves in the trade deadline.

2. Patience. Nowadays it's harder to crack the top 6 for forward or top 4 for D. And that could be discouraging for a youngin who was tearing apart in the minors, but can't do the same in the big league due to playing time.

3. Winning and draft. Trade talks and other stuff are fine and thing, but drafting is more exciting for me, especially when the draft is deep.

4. As I said earlier, patience. Also, that was said a lot of times but - don't hesitate to ask more experienced members about anything. How this league works, about builds (more like for these who still are new to STHS) and other stuff. And don't burn yourself out even if it will make you to earn less TPE.

5. Riga for very obvious reasons.

*as a non biased armchair expert - Helsinki and Calgary looks good. Riga should put up a good fight and there is a chance we cam win. Davos might be a serious dark horse if they will reach their full potential.''

A new set of questions for Riga players!

1) Trade deadline's approaching. Who do you think is most likely to be traded AWAY from their team to a legit playoff contender in exchange for picks?

2) We just had a couple of dominant wins over Malmo after a rough few games vs. Helsinki. Which of your teammates have been most important in this stretch?

3) Helsinki beat us with their bot goalie in, and we beat Helsinki with our bot goalie in. What gives?

4) With 10 teams in the VHL, most minor league teammates are split up. Is there anyone from your minor league days that you keep up with?

5) Did you (as a player) ever game? If so, what's your favorite video/board/tabletop RPG game?

6) We heard that one of your teammates has a new celebrity partner. Who's the teammate, and who are they dating?

7) Toy Story 4. Is it beating a dead horse? Will it be as good as any of the first three?

8 ) Is it true that Riga has a team dog?

9) We heard the league (and some responsible media members) have the ability to ping/call/text players, like so: @hedgehog337. Is this system annoying for you?

10) I'm out of questions. Uhhh, would you rather learn 5 new languages or have your lifespan extended by 25 years?

1) Trade deadline's approaching. Who do you think is most likely to be traded AWAY from their team to a legit playoff contender in exchange for picks?

i have no clue and couldn’t care in the slightest 

2) We just had a couple of dominant wins over Malmo after a rough few games vs. Helsinki. Which of your teammates have been most important in this stretch?

Probably Preencarnacion. The man’s been dynamite all season, especially against Malmo.

3) Helsinki beat us with their bot goalie in, and we beat Helsinki with our bot goalie in. What gives?

no clue

4) With 10 teams in the VHL, most minor league teammates are split up. Is there anyone from your minor league days that you keep up with?

Not really. I haven’t really seen anyone from Yukon besides HHH and Tony.

5) Did you (as a player) ever game? If so, what's your favorite video/board/tabletop RPG game?

I game all the fucking time, and love old FIFAs ranging from 11-17.

6) We heard that one of your teammates has a new celebrity partner. Who's the teammate, and who are they dating?

HHH is dating some hot model or some shit, I don’t know

7) Toy Story 4. Is it beating a dead horse? Will it be as good as any of the first three?

Yes. No.

yes. His name is Doggo, and he came from hell to bite me every week.

9) We heard the league (and some responsible media members) have the ability to ping/call/text players, like so: @hedgehog337. Is this system annoying for you?

hell yes

10) I'm out of questions. Uhhh, would you rather learn 5 new languages or have your lifespan extended by 25 years?

Have my lifespan expanded by 25 years. Is this even a question?

1) Trade deadline's approaching. Who do you think is most likely to be traded AWAY from their team to a legit playoff contender in exchange for picks?

No one on our team, we are going all in for sure.

Probably Chico Smeb, he's come up big lately having a couple multi point games

random sim

Kylrad, that's about it

Used to about 1.5 years ago, but ever since I traveled the world I haven't been gaming at all. 

bluesfan is now dating KPOP star jennie from BLACKPINK

I'm kind of excited to go to see it, so...

Nope, we are a cat team

9) We heard the league (and some responsible media members) have the ability to ping/call/text players, like so: @hedgehog337. Is this system annoying for you?

very annoying

5 new languages to add to my already 3 known languages, then I'd travel even more to show off

1) Trade deadline's approaching. Who do you think is most likely to be traded AWAY from their team to a legit playoff contender in exchange for picks?

Well, I'm too late to this party. But that trade was kind of unexpected and I think this will work for Vancouver. Nothing happened after that cause the cap and roster size. 

Every guy did something. the first line woke up, Kallis did shit and our team won. Yay!

So we just found a formula how to win it all. CPU goalie against Helsinki will do it. STHS so STHS. 

We apparently have a full zoo here in Riga. we have hedgehogs, cats, dogs. Even racoons since @ShawnGlade forgot to take them to Davos. 

9) We heard the league (and some responsible media members) have the ability to ping/call/text players, like so: @hedgehog337. Is this system annoying for you?

For some reason I'm ok with that. This makes me feel important [insert :mjcry face here]

Of course I will be a cheater and rather have both things. 

Hi Reign friends! Another set of presser questions for you.

1) We continue to have problems against Helsinki. Is RIG G enough to elevate us over them?

2) Malmo went from top-two early season to eliminated from the playoffs with around 10 games to go. Did you expect them to make the playoffs after their hot start?

3) VHL GM jobs seem to come and go, with a switch or two every couple of seasons. Who would you like to see get the next general manager gig?

4) Are you more excited about Keanu Reeves being in Cyberpunk 2077, or the Final Fantasy 7 remake finally getting a release date?

5) Apollo Hackett recently considered further improving his checking, but decided against it. Why do you think he chose not to work on his checking more?

6) What's one way you would like to see the VHL (or VHLM) change?

7) Matt_O recently published an article about Discord vs. Forums, for locker rooms and otherwise. Where do you fall in this debate, and why?

8 ) World Cup commish job recently went up for grabs. If the commish hasn't been picked yet -- who would you like to see take the job; if it's already been picked, who would you have selected as the best second choice?

9) Let's say it's the last game of the VHL Finals, tied 2-2 in a shootout. Who would you pick to take the last shot (a) from your team, and (b) from any other team in the league?

10) Every once in a while the league covers up something crazy a player or GM did over the weekend to prevent word from getting out. What's one example of those you've heard about another player in the league (promise we won't tell)?

On 6/12/2019 at 4:31 AM, Renomitsu said:

Hi Reign friends! Another set of presser questions for you.

1) We continue to have problems against Helsinki. Is RIG G enough to elevate us over them?

2) Malmo went from top-two early season to eliminated from the playoffs with around 10 games to go. Did you expect them to make the playoffs after their hot start?

3) VHL GM jobs seem to come and go, with a switch or two every couple of seasons. Who would you like to see get the next general manager gig?

4) Are you more excited about Keanu Reeves being in Cyberpunk 2077, or the Final Fantasy 7 remake finally getting a release date?

5) Apollo Hackett recently considered further improving his checking, but decided against it. Why do you think he chose not to work on his checking more?

7) Matt_O recently published an article about Discord vs. Forums, for locker rooms and otherwise. Where do you fall in this debate, and why?

8 ) World Cup commish job recently went up for grabs. If the commish hasn't been picked yet -- who would you like to see take the job; if it's already been picked, who would you have selected as the best second choice?

9) Let's say it's the last game of the VHL Finals, tied 2-2 in a shootout. Who would you pick to take the last shot (a) from your team, and (b) from any other team in the league?

10) Every once in a while the league covers up something crazy a player or GM did over the weekend to prevent word from getting out. What's one example of those you've heard about another player in the league (promise we won't tell)?

1) Of course, dude is a beast.
2) I kinda believed in their miracle start, thought it would look like something Vegas pulled off in their first season.
3) I don't follow those things that much so I can't really recommend anyone in particular.
4) Im excited about Cyberpunk 2077 more in general... Keanu is a nice addition.
5) Well sometimes the nastier the hits the more penalties his team would take, and that is never a good thing.
6) I personally want this league to succeed so they could create a farming club system where VHLM is the farming club league, like AHL is to NHL.

Of course, he is. Like who tf is Kallis, he's just some playoff choker anyways.

Expected. And no, I didn't expect them to make the playoffs. Like I said earlier, STHS gassed up a mid team at the start, but brought them down soon after.

Like GRZ, I'm not following this site or discord very closely so I can't say names. Maybe guys like Matt or Rayzor could be the ones.

Like he's not the best body hitta in Riga already. But better skating means more chances at checking anyways so he still should hit people a lot.

Idk, maybe make VSN more relevant. I even made the article last week about that.

Neither side. I'm not that active in forums and not that active in discord either. And it's not like this debate will change anything. VHL discord will still live and VHL forum will still live as well.

These 6 q's were answered for Kallis (2 TPE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of second best choices tbh. Rayzor, Gustav, maybe Thran as well. Eno seems like a nice fella.

From my team: let's say Apollo Hackett. He has no scoring skills and of course he will score because of that. Cause this is what happens all the times - once in a lifetime luck. From another team...I don't care. Apparently, Kallis is a scrub at PS anyways.

idk what this q means, but I did something crazy today. like convicing Davos and Helsinki players to hold out from playoffs and make our series a cake walk. that's craaazy.

these three q's were answered for Randoms (1 TPE)

1) We continue to have problems against Helsinki. Is RIG G enough to elevate us over them?

Hell yeah, bud. Best goalie in the fuckin league.

Hell no. I think we all knew that Malmo wouldn’t make the playoffs, and I especially called their start a fluke, so I’m glad to see that I was proved right.

Really don’t know, or care. 

Neither because fuck RPGs

Because he’s already got over 200 hits, the fucking goon.

Make it easier for third line bums to score please tyvm

7) Matt_O recently published an article about Discord vs. Forums, for locker rooms and otherwise. Where do you fall in this debate, and why?

Discord. Much easier to talk to others and you can see what they’re posting immediately rather than waiting an hour or so

I would want Dangles to be picked as commish. He’s got vast sim league experience and knows STHS well.

last shot goes to me because I’ve done nothing all year, and from any other team I’d choose that fackin bum Valeri Morozov. Man’s a big goonski, and can’t put the biscuit in the basket even if it was a soccer goal.

Apollo Hackett was genetically modified to get as many hits and penalty minutes as possible. I don’t know why but apparently it’s true.

Playoffs start tomorrow. Answer some questions!

1) Riga faces Davos in the first round of the European Conference playoffs - if the series hasn't started yet, who do you think wins, and in how many games? If it's started already, is it going/did it go the way you thought it would?

2) Who do you think is most deserving of Rookie of the Year? If you picked someone on our team, who from another team is deserving?

3) Do you still follow the VHLM? If so, who do you think takes the title?

4) You've probably been to a few different countries by virtue of being in the VHLM/VHL. Where's your favorite outdoors spot on the planet?

5) Suppose you were banned from playing the sport of hockey forever. What other sports league do you think you'd excel in?

6) Which teammate hypes you up for games the most?

7) If the VHL were to expand in a few seasons, where would you want to have the next franchise(s)?

8 ) Do you ever get a feeling that maybe Benjamin Zeptenbergs (our GM) is actually a hedgehog?

9) Are you a fist bump or high five kinda guy?

10) Playoffs also mean the offseason is close. What advice would you give S67 draftees?

On 6/18/2019 at 11:43 AM, Renomitsu said:

Playoffs start tomorrow. Answer some questions!

1) Riga faces Davos in the first round of the European Conference playoffs - if the series hasn't started yet, who do you think wins, and in how many games? If it's started already, is it going/did it go the way you thought it would?

2) Who do you think is most deserving of Rookie of the Year? If you picked someone on our team, who from another team is deserving?

4) You've probably been to a few different countries by virtue of being in the VHLM/VHL. Where's your favorite outdoors spot on the planet?

5) Suppose you were banned from playing the sport of hockey forever. What other sports league do you think you'd excel in?

7) If the VHL were to expand in a few seasons, where would you want to have the next franchise(s)?

8 ) Do you ever get a feeling that maybe Benjamin Zeptenbergs (our GM) is actually a hedgehog?

10) Playoffs also mean the offseason is close. What advice would you give S67 draftees?

No

HHH because he was a god for us. If not him, Jerry Garcia was a bright spot on the blueline for Malmo.

NO

Yukon was beautiful. Great air quality and it's cold.

I said soccer already cause I played it

Hackett tells me to go take ppl out and I do

Reykjavik and Akureyri

Yes

Neither

Keep it up. Make your dreams come true.

I think this is going to be somewhat tight series. Davos has a more stacked offense, but that could be flaw cause there would be no true leader in that team. Cause their offense could to too stacked. Riga in 6 imo.

...and then I woke up. sad life.

HHH had the most points so I guess him. Hackett had a good season as a DD as well. From another team? Idk, Jaguar > Mars I guess.

Probably cricket cause Kallis Kriketers. you know.

to China to make Fong happy.

He's definitely a hedge. Mind you, a pretty rude one. this guy thinks only his team has right to win this all and other teams sucks. Well, I inclined to agree, other teams indeed suck.

Handshake cause I'm not original and do boring things.

1. Well, our season is over. But that means it's time for the draft - what position do you think needs the most help?

2. The Davos-Riga curse continues. Why do the Swiss have our number -- is there some secret voodoo they practice?

3. Aside from us, who has the (very early) advantage to win next year's championship?

4. Do we have enough roster space to take on all of our S66 and S67 (called-up) players?

5. Who on our team would you have liked to see in the All-Star Game among those that didn't make it?

6. (regarding #5) What about players not on our team?

7. What would you like to see change about the VHL?

8. What's your unpopular opinion about the VHL (or its players)?

9. Aside from yourself, which of the Riga players has the best career ahead of them?

10. As a (hypothetical?) GM, what's your preference - an old head with seasons and seasons of decent but not elite TPE earning, or a brand-new, unknown guy with 5-6 weeks of maxed-out TPE?

On 6/27/2019 at 12:00 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. Well, our season is over. But that means it's time for the draft - what position do you think needs the most help?

probably defense, we are pretty young on offense so that's not really a concern, I'd look to improve the D.

2. The Davos-Riga curse continues. Why do the Swiss have our number -- is there some secret voodoo they practice?

Just luck tbh. We'll get our revenge next season

3. Aside from us, who has the (very early) advantage to win next year's championship?

I think Davos will have  a very strong team next year

4. Do we have enough roster space to take on all of our S66 and S67 (called-up) players?

I think we do, a lot of our vets will be traded this off-season it looks like so thatll open up some spaces

5. Who on our team would you have liked to see in the All-Star Game among those that didn't make it?

Chico Smeb for sure, the rookie put up a respectable season

Kylrad but that's a stretch

I think it's solid how it is, I enjoy it 

board activity is pretty boring

9. Aside from yourself, which of the Riga players has the best career ahead of them?

HHH will be one of the best of all time

10. As a (hypothetical?) GM, what's your preference - an old head with seasons and seasons of decent but not elite TPE earning, or a brand-new, unknown guy with 5-6 weeks of maxed-out TPE?

new guys are always fun so im going to go wiht the new guy

Everything. That show was just plain embarrassing and we can't let that happen again.

They just outplayed us.

Don't know, don't care.

I don't know after the trades we've made. Hell, I don't even know what my future is with this team anymore.

HHH cause go rookies

No one cause everyone else sucks

Make it more fun. I find myself not caring about updating at all and just doing it for the team. Make it more engaging.

Most of them are massive dickheads but don't show it

HHH

The old head, because the brand new guy could easily drop off.

New off-season, new questions. Take a look below!

1. Lots of moves over the last few days, and our roster looks a little different. Which trade/draft pick did you like the most?

2. Who do you think will take home the gold in the World Cup? If you picked your own region, who has the second-best chance?

3. Veran Dragomir is this offseason's big free agent prize; he signed with Toronto earlier this evening. Does this put Toronto over Helsinki as a contender?

4. Toronto also got Cayden Saint, a former Reign player. Got any words for him?

5. Who on our roster is most likely to have a breakout season?

6. I hear we need a daycare for all of the VHLMers this upcoming season. What's with all the new kids?

7. Marvel or DC?

8. To follow up on that: Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, or Tom Holland (or someone else) as Spider-Man?

9. We found out that Benjamin Zeptenbergs/hedgehog is actually a hedgehog. Can he... can he talk? How does he do all the paperwork?

10. What are you looking forward to most this season?

13 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1. Lots of moves over the last few days, and our roster looks a little different. Which trade/draft pick did you like the most?

2. Who do you think will take home the gold in the World Cup? If you picked your own region, who has the second-best chance?

3. Veran Dragomir is this offseason's big free agent prize; he signed with Toronto earlier this evening. Does this put Toronto over Helsinki as a contender?

4. Toronto also got Cayden Saint, a former Reign player. Got any words for him?

5. Who on our roster is most likely to have a breakout season?

6. I hear we need a daycare for all of the VHLMers this upcoming season. What's with all the new kids?

7. Marvel or DC? 

8. To follow up on that: Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, or Tom Holland (or someone else) as Spider-Man?

9. We found out that Benjamin Zeptenbergs/hedgehog is actually a hedgehog. Can he... can he talk? How does he do all the paperwork?

10. What are you looking forward to most this season? 

1. The one where I came here

2. Canada probably, Scandinavia has high offense but bad defense

3. No, Helsinki is still very good, although Toronto is up there now

7. Don't follow superheroes but Marvel has had some good movies.

5. Dahlberg will have his 2nd breakout season

9. He doesn't because he's always sleeping