Riga Reign Press Conference

1. Well, believe it or not, Rose and Zod are gone. We'll be doing a little more draft picking. Do you think we'll have a strong enough team next season to compete?

We should have had enough to compete THIS season.  Who knows what with the ridiculous results STHS produces.  If you look at our S(75) players, we should have enough to be more than competitive, but somehow GM @hedgehog337 has pissed off the STHS gods.  So the real question here is whether or not he will be forgiven.

2. Looking at the VHLM, the Mississauga Hounds have only lost 4 games! Is there such thing as a guaranteed cup?

This relates to question # 1.  Does Simon favour the Hounds.  That's what it seems to be all about.  Since @Ledge_and_Dairy posted this presser, Mississauga apparently have lost 5 more games, 9 in total.  They still are 11 points up on their nearest rival and are on a 4 game winning streak.  There is no such thing as a guarantee, but the Hounds are certainly favoured to win.

3. With maybe too many players in the VHL, the BoG has to do something. What do you think? Expansion? Another league?

Another league seems way to complicated so, I would think that the current VHL league might expand, or the salary cap could be increased, or there will be a minimum roster size (expanded from what it currently is along with a cap increase or a combination of the above.  The BOG has been very secretive about this other than one post that hinted at something to come.  We shall see.

4. If you could get rid of one month of the year, which one would it be?

Likely February as it is typically a cold month with not a lot of sunshine.  Having said that, February is normally when I go south to soak up sun, sand and margaritas.  So idk.

5. What is a believable conspiracy theory? (Please don't do any research for this!)

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.  So likely what I find the most believable is that, given all the conspiracy theories ot there, that there might be one that has a grain of truth (or not).

6. Why do round pizzas come in square boxes?

OK, so this is like the question from Bulletproof Monk.  The Monk says: “Why do hot dogs come in packages of ten, but hot dog buns only come in packages of just eight?”  So, just be happy with what you've got because you can always get a pizza.  Or another answer could be that square pizzas would not fit a round box.

1. Well, believe it or not, Rose and Zod are gone. We'll be doin a little more draft picking. Do you think we'll have a strong enough team next season to comoete?

I mean we were doing fine in S76 esp at offense. gotta go back to that roster and not buy a thing.

2. Looking at the VHLM, the Mississauga Hounds have only lost 4 games! Is there such thing as a guaranteed cup?

Imagine. We all know how S74 went.

3. With maybe too many players in the VHL, the BoG has to do something. What do you think? Expansion? Another league?

from what I'm feelingn it, the side league seems plausible.

Any of winter month, hate the cold and it's depressing overall.

5. What is a believable conspiracy theory? (Please don't do any research for this!)

STHS is rigged.

Imagine trying to make round shaped boxes

1. Well, believe it or not, Rose and Zod are gone. We'll be doin a little more draft picking. Do you think we'll have a strong enough team next season to comoete?

Yeah, I believe so. We just need alot more luck from the Sims and we will be fine.

Maybe, when I was on the Storm we beat Miami in the finals when they had an amazing season.

Expansion would be cool, having more teams seems like it could be more fun around the trade deadline.

April or May, just because of how hectic the months are during university.

CIA or Mafia killed JFK and Robert Kennedy would be the most I would be willing to say is my most believable conspiracy.

There is a reason for this, but I am too lazy to remember why. It is a scientific reason or something.

On 4/13/2021 at 11:49 PM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

:rig:

RIGA REIGN PRESS CONFERENCE

Week Ending 04/18

Shoutout: I loved a lot of answers and I genuinely enjoyed reading all of them. @jaredc7 gets the shoutout for making me laugh.

1) I don't see any reason we couldn't have this year, just had a bad start and couldn't get ourselves out of it but I don't think it's a matter of how good the team is. With a really good S75 group still improving all the time I have no doubt we'll be contending next season.

2) The Hounds have lost a bit more than that now and Miami beating Halifax in the first round of my VHLM rookie year goes to show there really isn't such a thing, but they have to be overwhelming favourites nonetheless.

3) Either one I suppose. I think forcing teams to play 250-350 TPE players creates a bad situation for both team and player - some of them have room but others don't, which weakens the team AND puts those players into very limited roles that they wouldn't enjoy - so having somewhere else for them to go for a season or something might make sense

4) November

5) I don't think any of them, off the top of my head. If I absolutely had to pick something, maybe something related to aliens, simply because I think it's an absolute certainty that there exists other life somewhere in the universe.

6) It's just easier to make cardboard squares I guess

Week Ending 04/25

1. There are only 12 games left in the regular season. We're 5 points out of Davos' playoff spot. We'll need some serious luck, do you think we can pull it off?

2. The Legion are on a 8 game winning streak and have taken over the East. Are they the new cup favourite?

3. Is there anyone you have your eye on for the upcoming S78 draft?

4. Which comedian has made you laugh the hardest? For me, it's a tie between Trevor Noah and Chris Rock.

5. What is your favourite all-time movie?

6. What is the most binge-able show you've ever watched?

Shoutouts: 

On 4/18/2021 at 4:17 PM, hedgehog337 said:

Imagine trying to make round shaped boxes

Idk this really cracked me up for some reason. thanks, hedge

1 hour ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 04/25

1. There are only 12 games left in the regular season. We're 5 points out of Davos' playoff spot. We'll need some serious luck, do you think we can pull it off?

2. The Legion are on a 8 game winning streak and have taken over the East. Are they the new cup favourite?

4. Which comedian has made you laugh the hardest? For me, it's a tie between Trevor Noah and Chris Rock.

Shoutouts: 

1. I'm always gonna back the team to get it done, it's gonna be tough but I think we can pull it off.

2. They definitely could be. Warsaw and Chicago have shown some weakness and they were the two frontrunners but I think that Toronto could pull it off.

3. I really like the look of Tui Sova. He's a scoring first D-Man with a lot of upside and he's over a point per game in the VHLM, definitely someone to look out for.

4. That's a tough one but I'll go with Russell Howard. His TV is show is hilarious.

5. Johnny English, any of them. They are all just amazing movies and they are quite funny.

6. Probably "You" on Netflix. Whenever the new season came out I would watch in the one go.

2 hours ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 04/25

Shoutouts: 

1. We need all the luck we can get. We have been underperforming in key games so we need anything to get into the playoffs.

2. Playoffs are unpredictable. You are never guaranteed anything.

3. Luc Tessier is catching my eye with how hard they are working in the VHLM.

4. I'd have to say Jeff Dunham. I haven't really watched any recent comedy shows though.

5. Toy Story. Hands down. I grew up with Andy basically so I have a deep connection with that series.

6. Avatar the Last Airbender. Please watch it if you haven't. It's a masterpiece in television.

4 hours ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 04/25

Shoutouts: 

1 YES WE CAN, do we look like pussies?

2 it would be cool if they win

3 my friend PIppo coca

4 oh i'm not an expert with american/ canadien commedy, I'm sorry

5 i have a lot of favorite films, but the terminal is my favorite film.

6 i would go with the office.Excited Season 5 GIF by The Office

1. There are only 12 games left in the regular season. We're 5 points out of Davos' playoff spot. We'll need some serious luck, do you think we can pull it off? I believe we can pull it off 

2. The Legion are on a 8 game winning streak and have taken over the East. Are they the new cup favourite? Gezz that’s really good eh I bet they could be .

3. Is there anyone you have your eye on for the upcoming S78 draft? No not really sorry .

For me Adam Sandler his old stuff .

Lord of the rings Trilogy.

6. What is the most binge-able show you've ever watched? The Connors

On 4/22/2021 at 9:35 PM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

1. i hope so, gonna do the best i can

2. hmmm for me yes, their team is so solid

3. nope, not to interesting in draft ahahah

4. chris rock it is, really make me laugh

5. gonna go with breakfast club!!!!

6. hmmmm a lot of show, friends, himym, b99 and other

On 4/22/2021 at 7:35 AM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 04/25

Shoutouts: 

1. fortune favors the bold so i say we can do it! 

2.never know fren someone could be out there waiting to strike from the darkness.......

3.usually whoever is leading the league in pims that isn't drafted could always use another bruiser :3

4. @MattyIce used to take me out to his comedy shows in houston funny guy.... miss him tho :(

5.im a big ww2 movie guy so probs saving private ryan

6. band of brothers :3

also wanted to shoutout @Mrpenguin30for making me a picture luv u :3

ratr.jpg.69900a7f5cc56ece9c72b4c410ea454b.jpg

Edited by jaredc7

On 4/22/2021 at 10:35 AM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 04/25

Shoutouts: 

1. prbly not the way our season has gone, well shit i was right.

2. no lol they'll choke, they just on a hot they will come crashing down, watch them get swept.

3. hank, mill chugs, hard markinson and some other people idk.

4. bill burr, dave chappelle pretty good too.

5. big short was decent so was interstellar, shrek idk i dont really have one.

6. attack on titan, stanger things fckin bob the builder, Dora the explora, boko no pico OwO. they all slap don't tell me they don't.

Edited by RedSus

I don't believe in miracles !!  We are just too inconsistent to overtake Davos.  I mean we can beat a top place team, then lose to a team that is much weaker than we are.  And that's how the whole season has gone.

Since this presser was released, the Legion has cooled off a bit.  In the East there are 4 teams within 2 points of first place.  I think this will be a race to the finish.  I also think that Warsaw is the Cup favourite.

No one player has really stood out from the pack.  I would have to see what is availbale to us when we pick and go from there.  I tend to like active players or recreates as they tend to stick around.

Gotta be Jeff Foxworthy and his series of "You know you're a redneck if......."  One-liners.

Probably Bird On A Wire.  I find Mel Gibson and Goldie Hawn hilarious in this oldie.

There are several:  New Tricks, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and Sons of Anarchy all come to mind.

it wasn't meant to happen. sths is trash

maybe, idc now

couple of them I guess

I laugh very rarely so nobody

can't name anything, I don't watch them tbh

neither I have an answer on this one

We came close to doing to and it was exciting at the end just unfortunate we didn't make it by one goal.

They could be but with Warsaw's luck they will win it all.

I do not know anyone in the draft hopefully we will land some more actives since we have been blessed with active players.

Stavos is pretty funny but I like a lot of comedians.

Jurassic Park, I have used it to explain security issues in a paper and I watch it at least once a month.

I have watched Madmen a few times through but Star Trek TNG is an easy watch.

On 4/22/2021 at 9:35 AM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 04/25

Shoutouts: 

1) I'm a bit late answering this and we have fallen a point short. Kinda sucks especially with the team we had, but we'll be back next year.

2) Nah I think Warsaw are the best team in the league but Toronto and Chicago are also very dangerous.

3) Markinson, Reikkinen, David Tavau

4) George Carlin

5) I don't see a lot of movies so I don't really know, but if forced to pick one off the top of my head, Avengers: Endgame

6) umm I'm gonna go with Star Wars: Clone Wars or Rebels, I binged the heck out of both of those

Week Ending 05/02

1. Welp, that's it for our season. We're off to the lottery tournament. Thoughts?

2. Who do you think was our MVP this season?

3. Are we gonna see any massive upsets this playoffs?

4. If you could merge two animals to create an awesome new hybrid, which two animals would you pick?

5. Who is your favourite superhero?

6. What is the best tasting vegetable? 

Shoutouts: @Mrpenguin30, that is so cool! Using Jurassic Park to explain security issues is so sick.

6 minutes ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 05/02

1. Welp, that's it for our season. We're off to the lottery tournament. Thoughts?

4. If you could merge two animals to create an awesome new hybrid, which two animals would you pick?

Shoutouts: @Mrpenguin30, that is so cool! Using Jurassic Park to explain security issues is so sick.

1) It was a lousy season, no sugar-coating it. Also playing in the lottery tournament for a pick that belongs to another team is kind of lame. But on the bright side we've had the good news of McJake, McLaren, Zetterstrom, and Lose all re-signing today so there's something to look forward to.

2) Sheilds was our best player, even though he didn't have a good year by his standards. Still, I've gotta go with him.

3) There's usually something. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever wins the LA/Vancouver series goes on a bit of a run.

4) A panda and like an eagle or something, cause a flying panda would be sweet

5) Scarlet Witch, although I suppose there are times where you can't really call her a hero, in which case I suppose Black Panther would be my pick

6) Uh potatoes those are vegetables

Edited by tcookie

11 minutes ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 05/02

1. It sucks being that close and missing playoffs. Never done the lottery tournament and especially since we don't have our 1st round pick I don't know what to do in the tourney.

2. I'd say Sheilds did a great job after a lackluster performance from the squad this season.

3. I can see that happening. Warsaw didn't really have a great end to the season so im curious if they are going to go far.

4. Husky and a cat. The smallest fluff ball.

5. Batman for the obvious reason that he is the most badass.

6. I'd say potatoes are the only good ones.

Edited by youloser1337

1 hour ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 05/02

1. we had a bit of a rough start which ended our season sadlly but i think we will bounce back we got great players and management 

2.me and my 2 points of course! :3

3.not really sure hopefully it would be nice

4.a fox and a gek because i would love it forever

5. @hedgehog337is my hero :3

6.carrot 

3 hours ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 05/02

1 just train harder for the next season

2 for me it was shiedls, had a really god final seasom

3i hope so

4 ok so what do you think about an half polar bear and an half fish, so when the ice in the north pole cracks he will be safe and swim around

5 Spiderman

6 this makes me reminds  about this video.

btw i would say tomato

Edited by Matt thunder

11 hours ago, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 05/02

1. Its gutting for sure that we weren't able to make the playoffs, especially when we were so close to defying the odds. We will just have to work harder next season to make sure we make those playoffs.

2. I'll go with Sheilds. He put up the most points for our team and we'd definitely be in a worse position without him.

3. I don't think there will be any massive upsets but I think we could see a dark horse emerge in win the playoffs this season.

4. I would merge a duck and a shiba inu puppy because I think that could be kinda funny.

5. I like the hulk because he smash.

6. Potatoes probably. All other vegetables are trash

On 4/27/2021 at 10:11 AM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

1. not bad, but hope for the best next season

2. aaaaaa how about me? LOL

3. probably yes, let's just see the result

4. owl and otter, both are my fav animal

5. green lantern it is, or maybe doctor strange

6. don't like vegetable that much.......

On 4/26/2021 at 11:11 PM, Ledge_and_Dairy said:

Week Ending 05/02

1. pain, hopefully next season will be different with a younger roster.

2. I'll say shields for sure matty ice was good too for the time he was here

3. I think we already saw one and i'll bet we'll see more, too sad to pay too much attention to it tho.

4. a spider and a parrot, cause what's more terrifying than a flying spider who can talk shit while he scares tf out of you

5. jesus christ superstar

6. uhhhhhhhhhh stawberrys idk. grapes a close number 2

I hope we do well but it is unfortunate that doing well means giving another team a higher spot in the draft with our pick.

Ray ended up with the most points and he is active so I would end up giving him mvp for the season.

I was surprised London was knocked out, who knows what will happen in the playoffs.

Chicken and a Emu to make a Chocobo like in Final Fantasy.

I am not sure, I was never much of a super hero person but I suppose Hawkeye or Speedy from teen titans.

Po-Ta-To-Es best hands down it is everything you need for a meal.