Riga Reign Press Conference

On 9/21/2019 at 1:51 PM, Renomitsu said:

That's right - we're back (at least for this week). Have some questions on this lovely Saturday:

1. Seattle has a pretty commanding 11-3-1 record right now. How are they doing it with just one player over 700 TPE?

2. At 9-5-1, we're already a few points out of the lead - what's it going to take to right the course?
3. Toronto actually has one, single draft pick left over the next two seasons. Why haven't they traded it away yet?

4. After being controversially voted in for MVP over Podrick Cast, Rauno Palo is leading the league in points again - this time without Beau Louth at the head. Is he the real deal?

5. Sven Hitz already has 72 hits and 43 shots blocked -- just about equaling his S67 totals just 15 games into the season. Is he in the conversation for DPotY this season?

6. Our old teammate Mikko Aaltonen currently leads the league in Power Play Goals with 6, second in overall goals with 12, and is the only player with 2 hat tricks right now. Any words for him?

7. What's the plan for hazing introducing our S68 draftees to the team when they're brought up next season? Any traditions?

8. How long do you think it'll take for the Dragons and Phantoms to become competitive?

9. Dogs or cats (or birds or lizards or...)?

10. As we get older, we sometimes get out of the loop with popular trends. What's something about the youngins that you just don't understand?

1. I mean, their other players may be under 700 TPE, but some of them are actual bears. No wonder they're ripping other teams apart (literally).

2. It's going to take a defenseman that makes the switch to forward. Woah, don't look at me like that.

3. It's a sign. Devise is hanging them as a GM and he's leaving his replacement with a shred of hope in the form of one prospect.

4. Palo picked off exactly where he left off, and this time he's the one bringing surprising players with him. I'll be honest, I didn't expect Philliefan to lead all defensemen after 20 games, but here we are.

5. As D.C.'s AGM, I'd love to say yes, but from personal experience (S64 Wylde Trophy voting), I know that +/- has some importance to some voters. A difference of a couple of goals might not change the votes for some, but Hitz is on a pace for a -100 differential or something like that. I do agree +/- shouldn't be used to compare different players on different teams, but in extreme cases like this, I think it does tell its own story too.

6. Again, as D.C.'s AGM, I love it. Keep it up, my man. The whole state of District of Columbia and its one fan, @jRuutu, counts on you.

7. I arrived after the last wave of hazing introductions, so honestly, I couldn't tell. I'm surprised I wasn't shaved in weird patterns myself.

8. 3 seasons, at least. This first offseason was brutal for them. They left the expansion draft with only one or two players of value each and they got to draft at the very end of every round. It'll take some time before their players make a real impact, and that's if they stay active. There's a reason the players they selected in the expansion draft were left unprotected over others. Even if the goal is to be competitive in 3 or 4 seasons, if half your roster stalls at 300 TPE, you'll stall there with them.

9. I recently got a dog. So, yeah, I guess I'm a dog person now. I do like bird watching too (from the comfort of my couch).

10. I'm not on point with my meme game as much as when I was in my early 20s, so I'm feel like every other week, there's something that people spam (glue on roach or some shit) that I just never heard of before. It usually lasts 3 days and then we never see it ever again. So I just don't pay attention to it and go on with my life.

Thanks for the Q's @Renomitsu

It might be late in the week BUT AT LEAST I'M HERE. Have some questions!

1. By some weird voodoo magic we're #1 in the standings. How long do we have until we get hit with the good ol' STHS curse?

2. How do you feel about our current situation at goalie? How does it compare to the rest of the league?

3. Calgary netminder Brick Wahl has earned 23 penalty minutes so far. What's his deal?

4. A few currently-active players (Thompson, Bailey, Davis, Palo) have been at the top of the points board for a while. Who's the young player that will take over for them when they retire?

5. Lance Flowers has a pretty compelling argument for RotY so far. Will he get shown up by someone else, or is this our award-winner?

6. A recent forum trend has been the count to 1,000 thread. What's your conspiracy theory about its end goal?

7. Even with 4 teams in the playoffs, the EU Conference is easily 5 teams deep (we'll get there, Prague). In your opinion, who gets left out?

8. The NA Conference still has a very young Seattle team at its helm. Is this the future of the VHL?

9. Is Toronto's competitive window closed?

10. What does Davos need to do to become a frontrunner?

1. By some weird voodoo magic we're #1 in the standings. How long do we have until we get hit with the good ol' STHS curse?

The curse already started to hit this bitch ass Kallis. Can't hang on for a long time with this mid-tier underachiever.

2. How do you feel about our current situation at goalie? How does it compare to the rest of the league?

Normal. Not a lot of active goalies are backups and we're having a couple of big goalies that already hit a regression. So it will be alright.

3. Calgary netminder Brick Wahl has earned 23 penalty minutes so far. What's his deal?

Think he had that one game when he had a misconduct. But guess he was feeling the same as an entire team when they were struggling.

4. A few currently-active players (Thompson, Bailey, Davis, Palo) have been at the top of the points board for a while. Who's the young player that will take over for them when they retire?

Freeman and I hope Aaltonen as well. HHH could finally break out, but perhaps it requires him to leave Riga to be an offensive leader in other team.

5. Lance Flowers has a pretty compelling argument for RotY so far. Will he get shown up by someone else, or is this our award-winner?

I put him as the RoTY in predictions. Think he will hang on and take this award.

6. A recent forum trend has been the count to 1,000 thread. What's your conspiracy theory about its end goal?

I don't know anything about it since I put my 337 number there.

7. Even with 4 teams in the playoffs, the EU Conference is easily 5 teams deep (we'll get there, Prague). In your opinion, who gets left out?

Either Davos or Moscow.

8. The NA Conference still has a very young Seattle team at its helm. Is this the future of the VHL?

Yes. I think they will be buyers in the next offseason. There is no reason why they should hold on.

Not really. Devise is just waiting. Peace and Tzuyu still gonna be decent and then there's Glover. If he manages to get 1-2 top players next offseason, they might be back in action.

Offense. Jake Davis can't do this on his own.

On 9/27/2019 at 6:37 PM, Renomitsu said:

It might be late in the week BUT AT LEAST I'M HERE. Have some questions!

1. We lost to Davos this morning. There's your answer.

2. Kriketers is, on paper, one of the best goaltenders in the league. He drops games here and there, but then again, we chased Pepper out of the game before. Every good goalie drops games too. I'm not sure what's up post-Kriketers, but post-Kriketers also means post-McWolf (and post-Kastelic, for that matter, S62 Ottawa stronk). I probably won't even be there until then, so I don't really mind about that far in the future, but I know we got an amazing core up to that point.

3. It's Blade, what did you expect /s

4. I expect Julius Freeman to take over for Palo when he leaves. Matthew Materazo should step up in Malmö, Dalton Wilcox could be the star forward for the future Americans dynasty. These are just 3 names among others. The league has so many players now, compared to a year ago, it's hard to really identify who's the next star. It could literally be anyone.

5. Flowers is playing well, and there's no reason for it to change, he's the heart of the newborn Americans and I'd see him take the Stolzacheimergerling or whatever home.

6. It definitely launches something somewhere. Good thing a friend of mine is a doomsday prepper (it's Cole).

7. I'd feel bad for Davos if they're left out again. But I kinda hope they're left out again because they're good against us. Too good.

8. Seattle will be good, and then will be in cap hell soon after. The pre-set Kingfisher trade killed their vibe for the season, though, unless Funk can step up good.

9. Yeah, they are done. Until Devise signs every big FA on the market at once and trades every pick he got and they're good again. Toronto always has the fastest revolutions.

10. Who's even a frontrunner at the moment? They got great forwards, great defensemen, a top 5 goaltender in the league, probably. The engine's randomness, the league's cap that kinda forces parity and the quik turnaround forced by the short 8-season careers all kind of make every team a frontrunner 4 seasons every 6 seasons. They're doing bad enough that they're out of the playoffs at the moment, but they could pretty much sneak in the playoffs and sweep their way to an unexpected Continental Cup. Just as any of Riga, Helsinki, Moscow, Malmö, Vancouver, Calgary, Seattle could do it.

Simon T is a fickle beast. Our time will come one day.

best in da leeg

too aggro 

4. A few currently-active players (Thompson, Bailey, Davis, Palo) have been at the top of the points board for a while. Who's the young player that will take over for them when they retire?

hhh

yes

yes

Malmo 

8. The NA Conference still has a very young Seattle team at its helm. Is this the future of the VHL?

maybe

yes

not suck

1. ? DRAMA ALERT ? Diljodh Starload was traded for picks and retired very shortly thereafter, with possible miscommunication the proposed culprit. What's your impression of this deal?

2. Should anything about rookie contracts change, in your opinion?

3. How do you feel about free agency in the VHL? Is it exciting, too limited, etc.?

4. If you had to pick a 'breakout player of the year' (veteran, rookie, or anything in between), who would it be?

5. How many hours a day do you think hedge sleeps?

6. Starload drama aside, how have Vancouver (23-16-3, 5th overall) maintained their success in spite of Beau Louth's retirement?

7. What sport do you think deserves a sim league of its own?

8. Who's a player you feel is undervalued/underappreciated by their team?

9. Is there parity in the league right now? Is that a good or bad thing for the future?

10. Malmo only really had one significant player change this season. How'd they go from worst to (almost) first? Does signing Matt Thompson alone cause that significant a change?

1. ? DRAMA ALERT ? Diljodh Starload was traded for picks and retired very shortly thereafter, with possible miscommunication the proposed culprit. What's your impression of this deal?

And then he unretired next day. His value went down after that though, so he may spend the rest of his career in Vancouver. 

Not having a strong opinion on this aka idc. We had a proposal which could bring more headache for GM's, but this would not be the most concerning part of my job anyways.

3. How do you feel about free agency in the VHL? Is it exciting, too limited, etc.?

Too many loyal players which is good for GM's. Bur it's not like the market itself is dry either. Some good to star players poppin in each offseason so it's fine.

4. If you had to pick a 'breakout player of the year' (veteran, rookie, or anything in between), who would it be?

Philliefan really stepped up, also Smitty has a good season as well. 

can't answer to this question, I'm sleeping

6. Starload drama aside, how have Vancouver (23-16-3, 5th overall) maintained their success in spite of Beau Louth's retirement?

Palo can carry a team and their offense as a whole is good. 

7. What sport do you think deserves a sim league of its own?

Football. It's a shame we don't have a proper sim engine for that. Like we tried this and that before and never survived more than one season.

can't name a player from a get go. I know Matthews from our team could've been bigger but that's what happens when literally all of our forwards are active.

9. Is there parity in the league right now? Is that a good or bad thing for the future?

it's more exciting for the league, but also it's killing my nerve system. I'm sick and tired to lose to rebuilding expansion teams just cause sths doesn't understand that these kind of teams shouldn't beat top tier teams on a regular basis.

10. Malmo only really had one significant player change this season. How'd they go from worst to (almost) first? Does signing Matt Thompson alone cause that significant a change?

only one? How about Sullivan Jr? And their young guys weren't sitting and doing nothing either. Their current success is expected.

On 10/5/2019 at 1:31 AM, Renomitsu said:

10. Malmo only really had one significant player change this season. How'd they go from worst to (almost) first? Does signing Matt Thompson alone cause that significant a change?

Not sure to be honest, maybe increase the minimum with extra 500k or something, so the superstar prospects are forced to be signed for higher salary, increasing the odds of teams having to spread the talent.

I guess its exciting in a way, but tough to really follow who is a free agent, or at least regular lazy person like myself don´t find that information too easily. Could make some kind of event around the whole thing as well to increase interest on FAs, have people speculate where the FA´s will go etc

Jagger Phillefan of Vancouver is one, point per game from the blueline so far, already close to personal best in points.

At least 10, only the bright lights of Superalko is keeping him up longer.

A lot of active players and well built players, younger players have been stepping up and also the older guys been able to keep their level of play up.

Skijumping could be fun, fairly simple sport in a way, so could be realistic option for league at least.

1. How do you feel about Project Player 2 (second player for GMs) being ended with this season?

2. Now that this season is over, what improvement(s) would you recommend for the VHL?

3. The standings currently have EU Conference teams as the top 4; do the playoffs need to include the possibility of a cross-over to accommodate Moscow (7th in the standings, would be #3 seed in NA)?

4. Who would you add to the VHL Clown List?

5. Who takes home the gold in the World Juniors Cup this year?

6. Shout out an old minors teammate. What makes them awesome?

7. Which player in the upcoming draft intrigues you most?

8. When STHS gets inconsistent it's a little frustrating. What do you think the team could do to improve morale?

9. I saw our boss hedgehog typing away on a keyboard today. Where do you think he learned to use human technology?

10. What would you(r player) be doing if not hockey?

1. How do you feel about Project Player 2 (second player for GMs) being ended with this season?

Don't care tbh. Randoms most likely would've been my last second player anyways, not much desire to do hardworking stuff anymore.

2. Now that this season is over, what improvement(s) would you recommend for the VHL?

fix STHS

3. The standings currently have EU Conference teams as the top 4; do the playoffs need to include the possibility of a cross-over to accommodate Moscow (7th in the standings, would be #3 seed in NA)?

Might the the most fair solution. But tbf the same thing could happen in NA in a couple of seasons so let it be.

me at D tier

Is this happening? Saw in discord it's being postponed, to say at least.

Kastelic is still a Riga MVP.

Some good first gens there. Saskamoose/Summer/Lesieur. A couple of nice ones a bit behind too.

8. When STHS gets inconsistent it's a little frustrating. What do you think the team could do to improve morale?

fix STHS

9. I saw our boss hedgehog typing away on a keyboard today. Where do you think he learned to use human technology?

he actually can do everything except of creating good players since Krīgars.

Being the woat catcher in baseball. also, smoking mids.

On 10/13/2019 at 3:21 AM, Renomitsu said:

I think its a correct move, so many new players that the GM´s should not have 2nd players eating away those positions. Good decision.

Earlier sims would be nice for European users, been usually in middle of the night lately, could maybe spark some conversation more likely in those game threads when more people are on around the time the sims are posted.

Should maybe look into it if things like that keeps happening, but could just be ´bad luck´ if some division with multiple of their teams simply peaks at the same time.

Looks like a pretty good list, I don´t really follow the league that closely, so cant offer any names on top of those - now at least.

Europe or Scandinavia! As long as the North-American teams wont win - I´m happy.

Maxim Kovalchuk and I played in Oslo in season 61, his puck moving ability was elite already then - could see he will have a long career in VHL and he has done that, almost 500 games!

1. We just barely missed out on the #1 seed in the playoffs. How much does this affect our chances?

2. It's VHL History Week - what's your favorite memory of the VHL so far?

3. Matt Thompson had a historic season in terms of scoring efficiency; what's his secret?

4. Regular season is done. Who's your front-runner for MVP?

5. Malmo vs. Davos in the first round. Who would you rather face in the semis, if we were to make it there?

6. Davos' Katie Warren made a sudden retirement in the last two weeks. What do you think happened?

7. With Park inactive, the league might not see an obvious long-term solution at goalie. What's the plan? Are we going to make Kriketers a cyborg?

8. To follow up on my previous question: Is Kriketers already a cyborg?

9. Which two VHL users are most likely to be the same person?

10. How buff is Beav, really?

1. We just barely missed out on the #1 seed in the playoffs. How much does this affect our chances?

Not much. Maybe, just maybe we would've had more chances against Davos, but not certainly.

Winning the championships and the offensive massacre in S62.

3. Matt Thompson had a historic season in terms of scoring efficiency; what's his secret?

Beketov rigged games, at least Gorlab said so and I'm gonna believe him.

Hard to think anyone else than Thompson.

5. Malmo vs. Davos in the first round. Who would you rather face in the semis, if we were to make it there?

Probably Davos if the sim engine won't pull the playoff curse against this particular team once again.

6. Davos' Katie Warren made a sudden retirement in the last two weeks. What do you think happened?

She was scared Shawn would trade her to Vancouver just like Aston Martin. I understand her.

7. With Park inactive, the league might not see an obvious long-term solution at goalie. What's the plan? Are we going to make Kriketers a cyborg?

Nah, just gonna bring Kriketers Jr. and watch him following his paps' footsteps. Literally. By choking even more games.

More like aluminium foil.

Matt and Beaviss. Both of them have some mid forwards, that's definitely a sus.

I'm a buff baby, but I dance like a man
She a nice lady and she shakin' the yams
Spent the whole summer trappin' out the sedan
Marching wit' the bands 'cause I think that I can

To answer your question, I don't care.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:42 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. Not much. Europe conference is strong as hell. I wouldn't have wanted to face Moscow in the playoffs either, and they missed the mark, so yeah.

2. Winning the S62 VHLM Founder's Cup with Ottawa in my first season.

3. Steroids and/or sexual favours for Simon T.

4. It has to be HOFer Matt Thompson. 10 goals above 2nd best, 19 points above 2nd best. He's the clear frontrunner among skaters, and there's not one goaltender that seem really ahead of the others the way Thompson leads all skaters.

5. I'd rather face whoever makes it out of the Vancouver-Calgary series.

6. She had a kid with Shawn Glade and took some time off to help him with his unusually fast growth. Kid's already playing in the VHLM, it's crazy.

7. I'm guessing Hedge will hit the draft for a goalie this offseason or the next.

8. Are cyborgs prone to errors? If yes, then he might be one.

9. Esso and I.

10. Probably not that much. It's the internet, everyone can be whatever they want.

On 10/19/2019 at 4:42 AM, Renomitsu said:

6. Who knows really, could be injuries or just losing interest in the sport, bit of taboo to say anything on that area, so its easy to see someone do something else and stop playing if an interesting opportunity to do so comes up.

7. Making Kriketers the VHL´s first 6 million dollar man is more than likely the easiest option, if done correctly - he can play well into his 50s. Especially since he prefers the standing style - his joints are basically like new still.

8. Could be, he is doing excellent job in hiding it though. Sometimes he gives you a performance that makes you think he is not real for sure, but then slaps you in the face with playing the exact opposite, maybe he is just rusty from not using his new parts so often?

1. We just beat the Titans, who we struggled to defeat in the playoffs last season. How important is this for you?

2. Would you have preferred to face Malmo or Davos in the conference finals?

3. Should Moscow have been allowed to cross over in the playoffs?

4. Calgary lost 7-1 and 3-0 to the Bears in the American Conference finals. Do they have any shot at winning this series?

5. If you could pick the category for next season's Theme Week, what would you choose?

6. Huge FA class this off-season. What do we need to address?

7. Which user's recreate are you most excited to see in the VHLM this/next season?

8. What's your weird pre-game ritual?

9. What do you think scouts underestimate about your game?

10. Aside from Riga, what VHL city do you enjoy visiting the most?

1. We just beat the Titans, who we struggled to defeat in the playoffs last season. How important is this for you?

Pretty important. Finally a revenge against this team.

I feel like we could've had even lesse chances against Davos than Malmo. So I'm fine with the opponent.

Maybe, but I don't think they could've done much in playoffs imo.

4. Calgary lost 7-1 and 3-0 to the Bears in the American Conference finals. Do they have any shot at winning this series?

I don't think so. Seattle's offensive depth gonna do their job and make it into the finals.

5. If you could pick the category for next season's Theme Week, what would you choose?

The most sleepy VHL GM's ever.

6. Huge FA class this off-season. What do we need to address?

Since I don't have plans to change drastically a team, nothing much. If maybe some big forwards, but it's not like we desperately need them either. So most likely Riga stays off from FA once again.

7. Which user's recreate are you most excited to see in the VHLM this/next season?

The top 2 S69 draftees.

8. What's your weird pre-game ritual?

Sleep

Sleep

Sleep

Repeat.

9. What do you think scouts underestimate about your game?

Nothing. Cricket is a woat 86 OV goalie ever.

10. Aside from Riga, what VHL city do you enjoy visiting the most?

Norilsk, I've heard it's one of the cleanest city in the world.

On 10/19/2019 at 4:42 AM, Renomitsu said:

I think Bana and Henrik Zoidberg could be one, random two names, but I felt something inside of me when I picked them, so could be onto something.

Too buff, he sits down just to give his glutes a workout.

On 10/27/2019 at 7:08 AM, Renomitsu said:

Great victory, tough team for sure and since I´m the new guy in the team feels great to help the team come out as the winners from the series.

Davos perhaps and that is just because Thompson and Sullivan have been playing on high level all year long for Malmo, that duo is hard to stop, especially on the powerplay.

I say no, they were unlucky to be in a stacked division, could very well be that this division is not as tough anytime soon and Moscow is in the playoffs next year.

Going to be hard that is for sure, down 2-0 is bad place to be in and Bears were clearly better in those two games, with bit of luck maybe, but Bears are clear favorites.

1. The S66 rookies are getting their first chance at free agency. Which S66 FAs are important pieces for playoff contenders?

2. Who's the most important overall FA this off-season?

3. McWolf recently announced he'd be moving on. Any words for our lead blue liner?

4. Which team is in the biggest rebuild heading into the offseason? Don't include expansion teams.

5. This incoming draft class is quite a bit smaller than the last few seasons'. Why is that?

6. Any recent users back from a hiatus/new members you want to shout out?

7. What have you been doing since we got eliminated from the playoffs?

8. Any movies/video games/other media you're looking forward to in the near future?

9. Awards ceremony is this Thursday (Nov. 7); any thoughts on who's going to win what?

10. [Controversial?] Let's get an opinion: if you've been following, what do you think of the recent kerfluffle with the SBA?

1. The S66 rookies are getting their first chance at free agency. Which S66 FAs are important pieces for playoff contenders?

Looks like nothing very big except for Rodriguez. There was one possible big S66 signing, but then our trade with Vancouver happened.

Jake Davis. He was carrying Davos and in overall he is a star forward. Gow bros gonna make Moscow better, but having a relevant replacement of Thompson gonna keep Malmo high.

3. McWolf recently announced he'd be moving on. Any words for our lead blue liner?

That trade was worth it. I mean, that trade that brought him in. Good luck in Malmo and let us win a championship hehe.

4. Which team is in the biggest rebuild heading into the offseason? Don't include expansion teams.

Well, we already know now. Davos. It was expected though. That loss to Malmo was a final blow to them because who knows what could've been had they won it. And then knowing Davos playoff luck against Riga in general...

5. This incoming draft class is quite a bit smaller than the last few seasons'. Why is that?

Guess reddit is sick of sim league ads. And the recruitment team is not clogging up the drafts to not having our previous first gens having garbage minutes because of that.

his @SlapshotDragon I know you're weren't exactly in hiatus, but I'm watching your goalie closely.

Sleeping. dooh.

8. Any movies/video games/other media you're looking forward to in the near future?

lol not watching them.

9. Awards ceremony is this Thursday (Nov. 7); any thoughts on who's going to win what?

I'm late. But nothing really surprising here. Like Davison as a top goalie makes most sense and was predicted by myself before even season has started. Other ones are not a reach as well. I guess.

10. [Controversial?] Let's get an opinion: if you've been following, what do you think of the recent kerfluffle with the SBA?

I already expressed my disgruntled opinion on this, nothing more to say. RIP Some Loser.

On 11/4/2019 at 1:01 AM, Renomitsu said:

Inactive defender Rusty Shackleford could be a decent pickup, solid stay at home D who can play the simple game. Pair him with a offensively minded defender - could be good. From actives RW Rodriguez was one, excellent passer and playmaker - could really help a lot of teams.

I´d say Davis as well, he has been at the top for years and can still get it done. Players like that dont come by very often, can push your team into the finals even!

Great player, shame that we could not win a cup last year. Can I have your spot in the locker room?

Davos perhaps, lost some key players to free agency I believe, will be tough to replace them, but I still think they will have decent year.

Tough to say, sometimes there just is not too much talent out there. Realistic in a way also, some years are better and provide players who can play in the big show more likely.

I don´t really know if there are users who have recently made an comeback, but if there is - general shoutout to all, welcome back!

New season, new press conference questions. Check it below!

1. Lots of teams remodeled with a huge FA class. Which one made the biggest improvement?

2. As with #1, which team ended up the worst compared to their most recent season?

3. Jake Davis went to Malmo; Dan Wilinsky ended up on Seattle.  Who's got a better chance of winning a title?
4. Okay, most of the off-season hype has died down. What's your hot take for this season?

5. Hypothetically, if you were a veteran on a VHL team, how would you haze rookies? Hypothetically.

6. Which player needs to put the greatest number of doubters to rest this season?

7. The All-Star game was played with a different sim with (sometimes literally) dozens of goals per game. Which version of the sim would you prefer to have?

8. If you could bring one retired player back to the league in his prime, who would it be?

9. Do you think TPE inflation is a problem in the league?

10. How will this season's draft class compare to the last few seasons'?

3. Jake Davis went to Malmo; Dan Wilinsky ended up on Seattle.  Who's got a better chance of winning a title?

Hard to answer because both players know how to play, the teams are equally good so I'd have to go with Davis because I think he's a slightly better scorer

5. Hypothetically, if you were a veteran on a VHL team, how would you haze rookies? Hypothetically.

Give the rookie(s) the best day they ever had, buy them ice cream, pass them the puck all game, you know.. Make it special because you want them to remember the moment their whole career ;)

7. The All-Star game was played with a different sim with (sometimes literally) dozens of goals per game. Which version of the sim would you prefer to have?

All Star games usually have a lot of goals so definitely use the one that has our players score crazy amounts of points

8. If you could bring one retired player back to the league in his prime, who would it be?

First person that comes to mind is Veran Dragomir, I remember watching highlights before joining the VHLM and think he still had a few seasons left in him. Sucks he retired before I could play with/against him in the VHL but I'm going to try my hardest to become a goal scoring threat like he was

Definitely not, TPE is what makes people want to be active and having a cap on points earned is smart. The more TPE the better, obviously you don't want too much so keep the rewards low and everything should work out fine

By the looks of it Lincoln Tate was the only rookie to make it through a full season, this season more rookies made the team so I think the future looks even brighter!

1. Lots of teams remodeled with a huge FA class. Which one made the biggest improvement?

Moscow obviosly. from a non playoff team to a fully contender, I guess I don't have to say anything more after that.

2. As with #1, which team ended up the worst compared to their most recent season?

Aside from obvious answer in Davos, Calgary doesn't looks like an improved team. Especially it offense. Helsinki is also falls under that category. They didn't become much worse, but neither improved much.

Malmo/Davis. Davis is better than Wilinsky in scoring imo and that's gonna play a big part in potentially winning a title.

4. Okay, most of the off-season hype has died down. What's your hot take for this season?

HHH as the most improved player. His career went uphill after getting traded to Vancouver so I'm expecting bigger numbers by him. Also, someone from Toronto/Vancouver spoiling the hyped Malmo-Seattle finals. I have a feeling that Seattle won't repeat this season.

I think I already said somewhere here. try to wake me up to just see your hands covered in blood cause pushing me hard would do it I guess. And yall know how sharp my quills are.

6. Which player needs to put the greatest number of doubters to rest this season?

H[x3]. Everybody calling him a bust so he gotta step it up finally.

Both are fine. But I assume the visual part is what members would like more.

S62 Podrick Cast. That was a fun moment. Imagine if we had a better defence and goalie.

Maybe? I don't feel that, but that could be a problem once this league is gonna have a tons of TPE whores.

Less deep. Still, some diamonds in the ruff there. And still a better draft than pretty much S50's and some of 40's as well.

On 11/4/2019 at 1:01 AM, Renomitsu said:

Relaxed mostly, but tried to prepare for the World Cup as well, so fairly active daily routine combined with sitting on the couch.

Nothing comes to mind, have not really followed what is coming out, but I bought AC:Odyssey recently, its a new game to me and so far it´s been fun times!

Thompson was my only guess that had some chance on becoming reality, had great year.

Followed little bit, got fined in the process, but shame to see. I think you should be able to joke around about everything and anything.

On 11/15/2019 at 2:32 AM, Renomitsu said:

New season, new press conference questions. Check it below!

Moscow perhaps, but Seattle and Malmo look pretty nice as well.

Davos, lost couple guys to Moscow and of course to other teams as well, so they felt the FA season big time.