Riga Reign Press Conference

1. Influx of new members! Any words for them?

2. Start to the season thus far has been pretty rough. What do we need to fix to get back to the top half?

3. What songs do you listen to pre-game to pump yourself up?

4. Does this team have a scoring problem?

5. Our boy Mikko is tearing it up in D.C. How long can he carry the Dragons above the bottom 2?

6. It's kind of an open secret that Davos isn't the most ideal VHL destination at the moment. How can they fix that?

7. Do you think Micheal Gary Scott (MGS) will actually be traded after his recent request?

8. What's your opinion on requesting trades? Should players do it? In what situation would you request a trade?

9. What do you see yourself accomplishing in the next 3 seasons?

10. Gritty, Smitty, and Randoms are currently the point leaders for the league, and all of them play for Moscow. The Menace are also 9 goals ahead of any other team just 20 games into the season. What's it going to take to stop this juggernaut?

( @diacope!)

27 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

2. Start to the season thus far has been pretty rough. What do we need to fix to get back to the top half?

5. Our boy Mikko is tearing it up in D.C. How long can he carry the Dragons above the bottom 2?

6. It's kind of an open secret that Davos isn't the most ideal VHL destination at the moment. How can they fix that?

7. Do you think Micheal Gary Scott (MGS) will actually be traded after his recent request?

8. What's your opinion on requesting trades? Should players do it? In what situation would you request a trade?

10. Gritty, Smitty, and Randoms are currently the point leaders for the league, and all of them play for Moscow. The Menace are also 9 goals ahead of any other team just 20 games into the season. What's it going to take to stop this juggernaut?

2. Cocaine, lots and lots of coke.

4. Not anymore, we've hopefully picked it up scoring wise, some good goalies in the league

7. Nope, think it's all marketing. A player like him is too expensive

8. I can speak from a place of requesting a trade and I think it's fine as long as you do it respectfully

9. retirement

10. Cocaine and Dahlberg

"You work hard, you get minutes."

"Consistency. Our team has the talent but the lack of depth is taking a toll on our energy level, maybe acquiring another defense man would help the situation because only 3 teams this season have 4 defenders."

"Nope, we would have a lot more goals if we created better opportunities for ourselves in the offensive zone and on the power play."

"Nobody wants an unhappy cast member on their team so I think the trade will happen.. Not sure how long it will take but I can see it happening at the trade deadline."

"As long as the person doesn't have a history with requesting trades all the time I see no harm in it. Being active is hard for somebody who isn't having fun with their team, obviously at the end of the day nobody is at fault because that's how life works. Not everybody is going to get along or fit in every situation."

"3 seasons should be enough time to fully adjust to the VHL lifestyle and focus on career achievements. I can see myself scoring at least a point a game."

Riga Reign >

Consistency from our netminders and more goals.

Don't listen anything before games. Maybe that's why Cricket is a dumpster tier oldhead.

A bit. We have our scoring leader(s), but sometimes we're too passive at offense.

DC might actually finish above the bottom 2. NY isn't that strong and unless Boris unleashes his scoring potential, DC can avoid being at the bottom.

Stick to one plan and then win the championship.

There might be a chance when he there's a fellow S67 draftees swap. Other than that, no chance.

Sucks for GM's when they're hearing it. I don't know if I would request a trade. Maybe if my player is playing for a rebuilder for too long or getting too little time for a long time.

Not being grumpy in the retirement home.

Pass some mids to Randoms.

On 11/23/2019 at 6:40 PM, Renomitsu said:

( @diacope!)

1. Keep it steady. It's really over whelming at first but the most important thing is consistent progress. Don't burn out to quick.

2. Personally I think I need to step up my offensive game. For the team I think it's also the same. We feel good defensively but we just need to get more pucks on net.

4. I think we need to find our rhythm. We've got some great players who score a lot but we need to start getting the rest of the team to put pucks in the net.

7. I think it's possible. He's going to be expensive but his current team is only hurting themselves keeping a player who doesn't want to stay.

8. It all really depends on the situation. It's a decisions that shouldn't be taken lightly but if your team doesn't work for you then you might have to. If I no longer thought a team cared about me as a player then I'd consider a request.

9. I'm hoping to get my points up. I feel like I'm holding my own defensively but man can I not score or even really make an assist.

On 11/15/2019 at 2:32 AM, Renomitsu said:

New season, new press conference questions. Check it below!

3. Jake Davis went to Malmo; Dan Wilinsky ended up on Seattle.  Who's got a better chance of winning a title?
4. Okay, most of the off-season hype has died down. What's your hot take for this season?

5. Hypothetically, if you were a veteran on a VHL team, how would you haze rookies? Hypothetically.

6. Which player needs to put the greatest number of doubters to rest this season?

7. The All-Star game was played with a different sim with (sometimes literally) dozens of goals per game. Which version of the sim would you prefer to have?

8. If you could bring one retired player back to the league in his prime, who would it be?

3. Jake Davis went to Malmo; Dan Wilinsky ended up on Seattle.  Who's got a better chance of winning a title?

I don´t know to be honest, both looking like good teams. I guess it comes down to which team manages to find lines that click, obvious answer, but not a massive difference between the two.

4. Okay, most of the off-season hype has died down. What's your hot take for this season?

Riga will win the cup, veteran team with young players in as well. Excellent mix of both and I think that will carry the team long way this year.

5. Hypothetically, if you were a veteran on a VHL team, how would you haze rookies? Hypothetically.

Make them listen to Kallis sing for 30 minutes, to some that is not much of a ´punishment´, but if you have ears - going to feel it.

6. Which player needs to put the greatest number of doubters to rest this season?

Kallis maybe? Bit of a controversial character in Latvia, at times he looks like a superstar, but is known to having some poor runs as well. Many want to see more of the superstar level from him.

7. The All-Star game was played with a different sim with (sometimes literally) dozens of goals per game. Which version of the sim would you prefer to have?

I like them both, cool to watch the players play, but seeing a lot of goals in a report is a lot of fun as well.

8. If you could bring one retired player back to the league in his prime, who would it be?

Beau Louth is one, recently retired, but would like to drop the gloves and beat his ass. Never really got the chance to do so.

Uhh last-minute press conference questions GO

@diacope @Cxsquared @hedgehog337 @Nykonax @jRuutu

1. At this particular second we have the longest winning streak in the league (4 games). Was it an easy schedule, the right guys catching fire at the right time, or what?

2. What do we need to do to close the gap between us and first place?

3. What team are you most surprised by so far this season?

4. Ugh, why is this Apollo Hackett guy scoring your goals?

5. Some pundits are saying ACL TEAR is all washed up (11 points in 33 games). Why did he stop improving?

6. Aside from our very own Rauno Palo, who are you saddest about retiring this season?

7. Here's your chance to tag an inactive (user or player) that you really, really want to come back. Who is it?

8. Expansion seems very unlikely in the next few seasons, but where would you like to see the VHL or VHLM go to next?

9. I saw the boss jumping on a stapler to put a packet of papers together. Why doesn't he just hire a secretary or a college student or something?

10. Who's the nicest player/user in the league? Give 'em a shout-out!

4 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1. At this particular second we have the longest winning streak in the league (4 games). Was it an easy schedule, the right guys catching fire at the right time, or what?

5. Some pundits are saying ACL TEAR is all washed up (11 points in 33 games). Why did he stop improving?

6. Aside from our very own Rauno Palo, who are you saddest about retiring this season?

7. Here's your chance to tag an inactive (user or player) that you really, really want to come back. Who is it?

8. Expansion seems very unlikely in the next few seasons, but where would you like to see the VHL or VHLM go to next?

9. I saw the boss jumping on a stapler to put a packet of papers together. Why doesn't he just hire a secretary or a college student or something?

1. Our depth lines started showing up and scoring, so that helps a lot

2. Win more games than the first place team

3. Gotta say Davos, they just somehow keep getting worse, it's amazing

4. Cause he sucks at passing

5. Because he went inactive.

6. Dahlberg, been a great career but just don't have enough TPE since I got lazy the past 2 seasons

7. @Stoffiday

8. I would love to see Los Angeles as a team, doesn't matter which league.

9. Probably too tired to hire someone

10. @Stoffiday @Tate or @Renomitsu, can't decide

At this moment, 7 game streak. Winning all of these close games helps.

Keeping up this offensive depth showdown.

Thought DC would be already out of the playoff zone. Apparently, Calgary doesn't even knows what they want, to tank or compete.

Some goalies are even more trash than Cricket. Can't even save passes.

This name came back to himself probably.

Another player who most likely will retire in this trade deadline.

Could be nice to see some old-school Latvians here although I'm pretty sure this won't happen.

Brink back Bratislava.

3 hours ago, Nykonax said:

9. Probably too tired to hire someone

nah, he's just too sleepy for that.

Is there anyone who is not nice? Nice league, nice players, nice members, everything's nice, life is nice.

On 12/1/2019 at 9:03 AM, Renomitsu said:

2. It's all about consistency. We just need to keep getting better and growing as a team. It's taken us a while but I think we are finally starting to mesh.

3. The Dragons are really making a go at it this year. It's great to see an expansion team finally gaining some traction after such a rough previous season.

4. It's probably because he's line mate, Sasakamoose, has taken a whopping 11 shots this season.

5. It's a real surprise that TEAR has stalled out so much. We knew he was taking a break for personal reasons but no one thought it would last this long.

8. We've started to see it a bit in the VHL, but I'm hoping we can get to the point were all the teams in the VHL and VHLM can be competitive. Teams are always going to go through tough times but I always want to see the underdog really pop off mid season.

10. @Berocka has to be one of the nicest management in the VHLM. He really has to be due to how much of a dictator @GustavMattias can be.

On 12/1/2019 at 4:03 PM, Renomitsu said:

Easy for us is hard for some, Vancouver, Seattle and New York. I mean, who? Especially the first two teams, but of course we still need to show up and play, so more about our guys getting hot and scoring when it matters the most. Nice run for sure.

Getting more powerplay goals. Lame answer, but its true. We get enough chances on man advantage usually, just matter of starting to use those opportunities. Goals change games - PP goal or two is more than enough to kill a game and bring home the win.

D.C Dragons maybe? At 15 wins already and sitting on a playoff spot over in NA division. Played well.

There is being selfish and then there is Hackett. The guy just dont want anybody else to score goals. If you would give credit for own goals to the player who shot or deflected the puck into the own net - I bet Hackett would score one or two here and there just to boost the goal totals.

Too much money, he makes millions of dollars each year playing hockey. Obviously does not want to put anything extra into the game and it shows.

Jake Davis is one, played together in Quebec/Vancouver while back.

2. What do we need to do to close the gap between us and first place?

Get a shutdown defender to help cricket out.. We have the fire power

Apollo has stepped up in a big way this season and I'm happy to see him get rewarded for his hard work

Don't want to think about it, sad hearing Rauno will be gone. He had a good run, time to sit back and drink a brew

@Jaku where you at homie?

Somewhere in Eastern Ontario

Because he has to stay in shape and being behind a desk all day doesn't burn calories 

1. Moscow made a trade to get goalie Finn Davison out of Davos and into Russia. Are they the front-runners now?
2. Elias Dahlberg recently made an announcement with intentions to retire. With both him and Rauno Palo -- major contributors to our team -- retiring, how will we fill their shoes at forward?

3. Let's suppose you're the new owner of the Riga Reign. How would you re-brand our fearless felines?

4. We're a little more than halfway through the season. Who's your pick for rookie of the year?

5. If you picked someone from our team for #4, who would you pick not on our team for RotY?

6. What's the deal with Malmo defenseman Jerry Garcia sending us pints of ice cream all the time?

7. Which team mascot is the weirdest?

8. Tell me about your most memorable fan interaction.

9. Everyone remembers their draft day. When did it first really register that you were a pro hockey player?

10. You're fighting Hulk Hogan and prime Ryuu Crimson in a 2v2. Which player would you take them on with?

1. Moscow made a trade to get goalie Finn Davison out of Davos and into Russia. Are they the front-runners now?

A hella expected move by Moscow. And yes, they're gonna be tough since they adressed their main flaw.

2. Elias Dahlberg recently made an announcement with intentions to retire. With both him and Rauno Palo -- major contributors to our team -- retiring, how will we fill their shoes at forward?

Guess it's time for young players to make a name for themselves.

3. Let's suppose you're the new owner of the Riga Reign. How would you re-brand our fearless felines?

Need 2 TPE so I'll try to answer this question. But it's impossible tbh. And nah, the logo is fine enough.

4. We're a little more than halfway through the season. Who's your pick for rookie of the year?

Cinnamon Block. Never watched her stats, but I'm pretty much sure she has good defensive stats cause of a rebuilding team.

5. If you picked someone from our team for #4, who would you pick not on our team for RotY?

Not sure if I understood this question tbh...

6. What's the deal with Malmo defenseman Jerry Garcia sending us pints of ice cream all the time?

He's begging us to cool down I guess. Not gonna work.

Davos. A mountain...the hell?

I'm hiding all the time in my den so there's none of them.

9. Everyone remembers their draft day. When did it first really register that you were a pro hockey player?

Not sure if I understood this question tbh (x2)...

10. You're fighting Hulk Hogan and prime Ryuu Crimson in a 2v2. Which player would you take them on with?

Roll Fizlebeef, he's the current VHL heavyweight champ.

On 12/7/2019 at 11:50 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. With a solid goalie Moscow seems to be making a big push. But I don't think that writes anyone else out. It feels like there isn't a clear front-runner right now.

2. We've got a good number of prospects that I think will step up next year. Patrik Tallinder @Patrik Tallinder is set to pop off next year in the VHL and we've got guys like Ryan Busser @diacope that can step up and become 1st line forwards.

4. Cinnamon Block @omgitshim has been putting up a ton of points plus is looking crazy good defensively. I think there's a good chance she takes it.

7. Davos is just a freaking mountain. Like...mountains can't play hockey.

9. I still can't quite believe I made it to the VHL. Especially being drafted 3rd overall. My rookie season is close to over and I still can't believe it.

Okay, it might be late but at least I'll be >24 hours before the deadline.

1. 60 games into the season, we're neck-and-neck with Seattle and Vancouver in the top three spots. Who between those two is our top competition?

2. The EU playoff teams have a healthy lead over Davos and Prague - who do you think misses the playoffs in NA?

3. Corco recently posted the all-time IIHF team for the USA. Who are you most surprised about seeing on the team?

4. Which old/regressing player are you most impressed by this season? Can't pick yourself!

5. On the other end of the spectrum, which young player has outperformed expectations? Can't pick yourself!

6. Moscow has the most goals in the league (189) but currently sits in the middle of the standings. How much does that turn around in the last third of the season with Finn Davison?

7. Toronto has been on a huge slide in the last dozen or so games. What's your theory on their fall? Will they recover?

8. The GM landscape changes every few seasons. Which user would you want to see get a shot at GMing in the big leagues?

9. Who's your top candidate for most improved player this season?

10. In your opinion, who's the VHL GOAT?

2 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

1. 60 games into the season, we're neck-and-neck with Seattle and Vancouver in the top three spots. Who between those two is our top competition?

2. The EU playoff teams have a healthy lead over Davos and Prague - who do you think misses the playoffs in NA?

3. Corco recently posted the all-time IIHF team for the USA. Who are you most surprised about seeing on the team?

4. Which old/regressing player are you most impressed by this season? Can't pick yourself!

5. On the other end of the spectrum, which young player has outperformed expectations? Can't pick yourself!

6. Moscow has the most goals in the league (189) but currently sits in the middle of the standings. How much does that turn around in the last third of the season with Finn Davison?

7. Toronto has been on a huge slide in the last dozen or so games. What's your theory on their fall? Will they recover?

8. The GM landscape changes every few seasons. Which user would you want to see get a shot at GMing in the big leagues?

1. Neither, probably helstinki

2. NYA, they'll come close though

3. Honestly I'm not surprised about anyone on the team, all are great players

4. Rauno Palo

5. Rauno Palo, he's still young in our hearts

6. Not much, it's already too far gone.

7. Peace started sending lines

8. @Nykonax @Beaviss hire me

9. Elias Dahlberg

10. Elias Dahlgoat, or Kyl Goaterson

14 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1. Vancouver is looking real strong this year. I think we'll have a tougher time catching them than we'll have holding off Seattle.

2. I think DC will miss them for sure and I'm gonna say Toronto also misses the playoffs in the NA.

4. Palo is killing it. Even at his age he can't be stopped.

5. Cinnamon Block has been proving she deserved to be drafted #1 OA. She's got my vote for best rookie this season.

7. I think Riga is in their heads. We are the only team they haven't beaten and it's getting to them. I don't think they'll ever beat us so they'll keep falling.

8. I think @GustavMattias, the Hounds GM, would be an interesting pick for VHL GM.

Vancouver is a slight favorite comparing to following three teams (us, Moscow and Seattle)

DC and Calgary.

Where's John Locke?

Any of the star oldies besides Jake Davis.

Nobody tbh. some of Prague youngins are nice, but that's all.

They sort of turned it around already with Finn. But he's still inconsistent for some reason.

Idk if they will recover. Might not if they're gonna flop in countless games against Prague.

Idk, some of hella active VHLM GM's out there. They could try at some point,

At this point either HHH or Cricket. Right now I jinxed both so expect Randoms to win the scoring race and Kallis flop in last 12 games. So Red Guy from NY will be the most improved player.

Alexander Thrower. the goat inactive 300 TPE defenceman.

Edited by hedgehog337

Seattle, they know what it takes to win.

Doesn't bother me who doesn't make it.  I just know we have to beat the teams that do, so why worry about those that aren't good enough to make the playoffs?

3. Corco recently posted the all-time IIHF team for the USA. Who are you most surprised about seeing on the team?

What the american'ts?  I don't worry about them, it's not like I'm American, I am Canadian!

Dahlberg, he told us that he was getting tired of the daily grind.  He could have just quit then and there, mailed it in and collected a paycheque.  He didn't.  He stepped up his game to a whole new level.  We are doing what we can to make Berger's last season a great one.

Probably some old school coach using old school tactics to get his players to respond.  The VHL doesn't work that way anymore.  You either adapt or get left behind, or in this case, get investigated for inappropriate conduct.

On 12/15/2019 at 6:02 AM, Renomitsu said:

I´ll say Vancouver, they have scored the most goals so far and we have allowed the lowest amount into our net, so classic offense vs defense matchup there!

D.C Dragons might be one, starting to look like a large distance with 12 points, second one is tougher, but for similar reason - Calgary. 7 points is not much in all fairness, but couple bad sims and its looking tough.

Mike Szatkowski and purely for the fairly low TPE total, different era of course.

Kallis Kriketers has been amazing in net, only G with under 2 goals against on average, most shutouts, most wins - best save percentage etc - great year so far.

Cinnamon Block has been solid for Prague, 35 points and big minutes as a rookie D!

Davison is going to help, but a lot depends on what kind of chances Moscow allows to happen, are they 2v1 type of rushes where the goalie is always in a tough spot no matter who is in the net?

1. The VHL Charity Drive started just yesterday, with over $1,000 in donations (translate that however you like to VHL pro money)! What are your thoughts?

2. In your opinion, what are the two most important factors in deciding a HoF career?

3. It's Unsung Hero Week! Who's your league unsung hero?

4. What did you do on your day off (sims, but no games for us)?

5. What winter holiday do you celebrate -- and what do you hope to get/did you get?

6. Do you follow Star Wars? What's your (spoiler-less) impression of the new movie if you saw it?

7. Good ol' traditional debate question - if you could have any three people from any point in time over for dinner, who would they be?

8. What show did you most recently binge watch?

9. What do you hope to do/see before the end of your VHL career?

10. Alright, we all care about hockey to some extent or another -- what's one thing you really don't care about?

10 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

1. The VHL Charity Drive started just yesterday, with over $1,000 in donations (translate that however you like to VHL pro money)! What are your thoughts?

2. In your opinion, what are the two most important factors in deciding a HoF career?

5. What winter holiday do you celebrate -- and what do you hope to get/did you get?

6. Do you follow Star Wars? What's your (spoiler-less) impression of the new movie if you saw it?

7. Good ol' traditional debate question - if you could have any three people from any point in time over for dinner, who would they be?

8. What show did you most recently binge watch?

9. What do you hope to do/see before the end of your VHL career?

10. Alright, we all care about hockey to some extent or another -- what's one thing you really don't care about?

1. I think it's amazing, glad the VHL can do it on a large scale. I know in EFL @TacticalHammer is doing the same thing with his team, which is also great

2. Points and cups

3. @hedgehog337

4. Play minecraft

5. Christmas, and I don't really have anything I want tbh

6. Not really, I think I saw the first 6 movies when I was 7, can't remind them. The only one I remember seeing is Rogue One, which was very good

7. Aristotle, Newton, and probably some noble prize winning scientist in today's age

8. Money Heist was the most recent one I finished. I started Haikyu but haven't finished it

9. Win a cup, only have this season to do it, so you better step up your passes

10. Social Media (besides discord if you consider it one)

On 12/22/2019 at 4:39 AM, Renomitsu said:

Great stuff! Always cool to see people come together and do good things!

Cup wins might be one, perhaps these days individual awards could be equally valuable. Points as the second big one, have to put up at least decent numbers when it comes down to points.

You are, putting together press conferences all the time, making it possible for us to earn TPE  ;)

Last minute christmas shopping, bought a chair for my uncle.

Christmas I guess, but I don´t really celebrate it that wildly to be honest, mostly just eat with the family and thats about it for celebrations.

I do not, I have actually never watched any SW movie!