Riga Reign Press Conference

1. Welcome back to the podium! We heard there was a HUGE party with some Vice players last night - who else was there?

a basketball league players are still watching VHL? interesting.

2. What was your kids'/midget league team name?

Baby Reign.

3. We recently saw some construction across the street from your practice facility. What is the franchise building over there?

nah, that's just some commishes tried to build a wall around a trivia facility

4. Someone just leaked a recording of a couple of your teammates. One can sing super well and the other... not so much. Who's who?

apparently Finn learned something from his idol so he's aight with singing. meanwhile, ACL...he probably has his voice torn smh.

5. Lots of players have a pre-game ritual. What's yours?

sleeping, what else can I do

6. What's your ritual if your number is called during a shootout?

sleeping, what else can I do x2

7. What's one hobby/topic/subreddit, etc. you follow that people might be surprised by?

chess

8. You know, I recently went to Wuhan, China and... excuse me... [reporter sneezes all over you]. What were you saying again?

the reporter is fired

On 2/1/2020 at 4:40 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. Welcome back to the podium! We heard there was a HUGE party with some Vice players last night - who else was there?

3. We recently saw some construction across the street from your practice facility. What is the franchise building over there?

4. Someone just leaked a recording of a couple of your teammates. One can sing super well and the other... not so much. Who's who?

7. What's one hobby/topic/subreddit, etc. you follow that people might be surprised by?

8. You know, I recently went to Wuhan, China and... excuse me... [reporter sneezes all over you]. What were you saying again?

2. The Blues

3. Pretty sure they’re making a McDonald’s, so we can fill up on nuggs before practice.

4. Well I’ll admit I was the bad one, but Finn Davison was the good one. He doesn’t just sit between two pipes, he’s got some of his own.

5. Pre-game shit always helps.

6. Think about what move I’m gonna try, then do the exact opposite.

8. It’s rona season boys 

sounds like an irrelevant party

the warriors

a nap facility

kyl and cx, ill let you decide whos who

Helmet on before everything else

call the shot to the ref once i get on the ice

irl. probably sim leagues lmao

i dont know what to say to this

1. We're still treading water at 4th, but our shots per game have actually gone up. Where do you think we'll land at the end of the season?

2. Some teams like Seattle needed to sell off some of their players at the end of the season. Does the league need a cap increase, more parity, neither, or both?

3. Which player(s) are you saddest about retiring this season?

4. Who's your best friend not on the Reign?

5. Are/were you a multi-sport athlete? Where else do you spend your sim league time?

6. Who's a user that you don't know well, but would like to get to know better?

7. What's your opinion on this whole "bunping" business?

8. When boss says he is sleeping, do you think he's genuinely sleeping? What do you think is happening?

On 2/9/2020 at 5:39 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. We're still treading water at 4th, but our shots per game have actually gone up. Where do you think we'll land at the end of the season?

2. Some teams like Seattle needed to sell off some of their players at the end of the season. Does the league need a cap increase, more parity, neither, or both?

5. Are/were you a multi-sport athlete? Where else do you spend your sim league time?

8. When boss says he is sleeping, do you think he's genuinely sleeping? What do you think is happening?

1. I think we have a shot at catching Calgary, so I’ll say third.

2. Honestly I think it’s fine the way it is. Chicago had to do the same thing in the NHL after winning those cups.

4. Probably Spyro or Rice.

5. No, this is my first sim league. I’ve thought about joining other ones since then, but I think it would be too much effort to do more than this one and still have good players.

6. Maybe Beaviss or Frostbeard. I talked to them both when I first joined to learn how everything worked, and then I haven’t talked to them since.

8. Maybe he just watches cat in the hat live action on repeat, or maybe he’s sleeping. There’s really no in between.

3rd/4th sounds accurate

Don't know enough about the cap situation to comment seems kinda tight for top teams though but more parity is always good.

Kyl Oferson

Jet jaguar/gorlab
I do enjoy other sports and have dabbled in them and in sim leagues for them but spend most of my other sim league time in SHL another hockey league.

Edited by Kylrad

Sounds reasonable to be 4th

Neither, keep it as it is, don't let teams just hog good players

Ryan Kastelic.... jk dont care at all he wont be missed

@Esso2264

Heard Elias Dahlberg became a head coach for the Brigade in the EFL.

Proto no idea where he came from tbh

I thought it was silly until I got my first bunp, now im addicted

Oh he's def sleeping

1. Which of the old-school users is the most mysterious to you?

2. Who will be the biggest steal of the S71 draft?

3. Excluding current Riga players, which active players have the best argument for the Hall of Fame?

4. HHH and Julius Freeman are both among the highest-scoring players this season - do you think their concurrent success will help or undermine their case for the HoF later on?

5. Helsinki has a +25 goal differential (3rd in the league), but somehow they're sixth in the standings. What's up with that?

6. What in your life has changed since joining the big leagues?

7. What about the VHL (aside from STHS) confuses you to this day?

8. Who has the sickest sig on the forums?

idk, maybe that Caps fan that joined recently?

3. Excluding current Riga players, which active players have the best argument for the Hall of Fame?

Borwinn. Looks like Cricket about to be with him as well.

4. HHH and Julius Freeman are both among the highest-scoring players this season - do you think their concurrent success will help or undermine their case for the HoF later on?

Might be. If they can susatain this pace for the remainder of their careers.

5. Helsinki has a +25 goal differential (3rd in the league), but somehow they're sixth in the standings. What's up with that?

You gotta remember who handed them that big goal differental in the first place. Other than that, they're hella inconsistent.

My sleeping schedule became worse. Ironically.

How in the hell Bek managed to stay for so long in this league.

On 2/16/2020 at 2:01 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. Which of the old-school users is the most mysterious to you?

8. Who has the sickest sig on the forums?

2. Maybe Pengu or Ray Shields.

3. Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen has to have a pretty solid case, he’s constantly up there with the top scorers as a defensemen. 

4. I think so, if they can keep up this pace for another few seasons.

5. This question reminds me too much of the hurricanes this year. The answer to both is I have no clue why their records aren’t both better, but c’est la vie I guess.

6. Got accepted into university, I guess not much else besides that.

7. I don’t really know how base TPE works.

1. Ouch, we had an 8-game losing streak. Where does that leave our championship hopes?

2. Which team has the toughest decisions to make this off-season?

3. What finally turned around for us in the 6-1 stomp over Toronto?

4. What's the dirtiest move you've ever seen pulled in a hockey game?

5. What do you wish would change about the VHL?

6. What'd you think of the lone "blockbuster trade" at the deadline last week?

7. Who's at the top of your celebrity 'hall pass' list?

8. For those of you familiar with D&D - what class do you identify closest with and why?

1. Ouch, we had an 8-game losing streak. Where does that leave our championship hopes?

The chances weren't that high in the first place. there are certainly stronger teams for that, but that losing streak still sucked.

2. Which team has the toughest decisions to make this off-season?

us and Helsinki. a lot of retrirements, inactives and regressing players between these two.

3. What finally turned around for us in the 6-1 stomp over Toronto?

we finally got mad? I'd rather to see that against Malmo though.

licking face, that's gross.

sths being more kind to us.

6. What'd you think of the lone "blockbuster trade" at the deadline last week?

that's your trade deadline these days, ladies and gentleman. nobody wanted to quit and rebuilders didn't have star players.

Yeah losing 8 games in frustrating but if we skate in the past we wont be able to score in the future. Consider us ready!

3. What finally turned around for us in the 6-1 stomp over Toronto?

Definitely those pre-game drinks

Whenever Sean Avery waved his stick in Brodeur's face, boy was that funny ?

Make practice facility worth 2 points ;)

7. Who's at the top of your celebrity 'hall pass' list?

Gotta go with Tay Tay ?

8. For those of you familiar with D&D - what class do you identify closest with and why?

I know what D&D is but not sure what types of classes exist, probably a class who can hold giant hammers and has the strength of the gods

1. What kind of special sauce did boss put into STHS to get us into the playoffs?

2. Another season, another Helsinki/Riga matchup. What's your opinion of how our series went/is going?

3. What would you do to encourage more in-season trades?

4. If any, what 'special cap' (e.g. luxury cap/supermax contracts, franchise tag) would you like to see implemented into the VHL?

5. Who's been your most positive influence since joining the VHL?

6. What's the last song you played on your phone/computer/jukebox/iPod/Walkman/toaster?

7. If you could learn any language instantly, which one would you choose?

8. Do you think the boss actually lives in Latvia, or is he secretly a sleepy American/Canadian hedgehog who works night shift?

On 3/1/2020 at 9:17 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. What kind of special sauce did boss put into STHS to get us into the playoffs?

2. Another season, another Helsinki/Riga matchup. What's your opinion of how our series went/is going?

3. What would you do to encourage more in-season trades?

4. If any, what 'special cap' (e.g. luxury cap/supermax contracts, franchise tag) would you like to see implemented into the VHL?

5. Who's been your most positive influence since joining the VHL?

6. What's the last song you played on your phone/computer/jukebox/iPod/Walkman/toaster?

7. If you could learn any language instantly, which one would you choose?

8. Do you think the boss actually lives in Latvia, or is he secretly a sleepy American/Canadian hedgehog who works night shift?

1. I’m thinking barbecue.

2. It’s been close the whole way through, but I’m confident we can pull it off.

5. I think I owe a lot to gustav and Berocka for teaching me about how to make a good player.

6. Shimmy by Aminé.

7. Probably Finnish, cause then I could understand some of the interviews with guys like Sebastian Aho, Teuvo Teravainen and others done in Finland.

8. 100% the latter

1. We overcame our most persistent rivals in Helsinki in the first round, only to be sunk by Moscow. What part of this outcome were you most surprised by?

2. Lincoln Tate was the first to break the news that changes may be coming in Riga. What are your thoughts on the future of the Reign?

3. A few teams will be struggling with the cap next season, e.g. Seattle. Does the league need a cap increase, or is it working as intended?

4. Looks like a huge offseason is coming. Whose saga are you looking forward to following most during free agency?

5. Whether you're a rookie or veteran, are you happy with the way your career has panned out?

6. Which team's Discord channel (aside from the Reign) would you be most interested in reading?

7. Given the chance, which of the site's mysterious admins would you want to know more about?

8. Oh god this corona thing is everywhere. Do you subscribe to the whole "wear a mask everywhere" thing, or is diligent hand hygiene enough?

1. We overcame our most persistent rivals in Helsinki in the first round, only to be sunk by Moscow. What part of this outcome were you most surprised by?

Gotta give it to our top players because if they weren't giving it their all nobody would have been motivated enough to continue fighting

2. Lincoln Tate was the first to break the news that changes may be coming in Riga. What are your thoughts on the future of the Reign?

Not worried about it too much, I know our GM is smart and will do anything to improve the roster 

3. A few teams will be struggling with the cap next season, e.g. Seattle. Does the league need a cap increase, or is it working as intended?

I think the salary cap is fine but I've never really looked into it

5. Whether you're a rookie or veteran, are you happy with the way your career has panned out?

Yeah I had a lot of fun playing for San Diego, Mexico City, Halifax in the minors and I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the coaches and staff helping me develop my game in all of those organizations. Although I haven't been an all star in the VHL I know my time is soon, hard to get ice time when our team is stacked with talent

6. Which team's Discord channel (aside from the Reign) would you be most interested in reading?

Definitely the staff 

8. Oh god this corona thing is everywhere. Do you subscribe to the whole "wear a mask everywhere" thing, or is diligent hand hygiene enough?

Screw that.. Wearing clothes is hard enough

That we banded together as a team! Riga is best!

We need to have a shake up from what I've heard. Shush coming up will be an influx of youth! So hopefully that also helps.

Cap increases are always good. Keeps teams full and players happy.

4. Looks like a huge offseason is coming. Whose saga are you looking forward to following most during free agency?

I honestly don't know, being new to the team I hope we can gain some talent and compete.

I am very happy with how much career has panned out. I scored a lot in the Minors and got my number retired. Now it's time to see what I can do for the big club.

I don't really know, maybe New York?

7. Given the chance, which of the site's mysterious admins would you want to know more about?

I dont know any of them so all of them?

HAVE GOOD HYGIENE WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR PEOPLE.

Beating Helsinki, they are a good team

Everyone except Moscow is gonna suck next season so will be interesting

Problem isn't cap, it's just everyone is trying to sell and no one is buying

I was glad with Dahlberg's career, he was quite consistent. Hopefully Oferson can break 100 a couple times

Does Moscow even have a discord?

@sterling

Wear a gas mask

On 3/7/2020 at 11:53 PM, Renomitsu said:

2. I think we have a really good core group that will only get better with the first overall pick, so I’m not worried.

3. I think there could be an increase, because if a few teams are struggling with it, it might need to be a bit higher. 

4. Just looking at the team finances, I would say Tyler Barabash Jr should be interesting.

5. So far, I’d say yes. A finals appearance with Mississauga, and then getting as close to the finals this season as we did has been a great way to start off my career.

6. Halifax. I heard some sketchy stuff goes on in there.

8. I think good hygiene should be enough, but I’m no expert.

1. All six of the nearby grocery stores are out of toilet paper, what do?

2. What's the weirdest adjustment you've seen people make as a result of coronavirus?

3. Sounds like the VHL will be starting Season 71 on schedule rather than delaying for this pandemic - what makes them different from other sports leagues?

4. Look 10 seasons into the future. How is the VHL different than it is now?

5. When it comes to gear are you using the latest and greatest, or is there anything that holds sentimental value for you?

6. How much does your story/legacy matter to you in the VHL?

7. Tell me about one thing in your life you've had to sacrifice because of your hockey career.

8. What'd you buy with your first VHL check?

10 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

2. What's the weirdest adjustment you've seen people make as a result of coronavirus?

3. Sounds like the VHL will be starting Season 71 on schedule rather than delaying for this pandemic - what makes them different from other sports leagues?

5. When it comes to gear are you using the latest and greatest, or is there anything that holds sentimental value for you?

7. Tell me about one thing in your life you've had to sacrifice because of your hockey career.

1. Towels. Do what you gotta do.

3. Our players got the vaccine, the other leagues don’t even know it exists. 

4. I think the portal will have more features, and there will just be more people overall.

5. Honestly all new stuff is the dream. All the stuff with sentimental value I’ve outgrown already.

6. It doesn’t matter too much, I’m just having fun with it for the most part.

8. A sandwich. A really good sandwich.

I use my teammates jersey.

Stocking up on canned goods, toliet paper, and other non-essential items.

VHL stronk, we have no issues with viruses, we get sick we still play.

We are going forward with the life of SimonT, so I imagine we will all be run by machines by then.

I always wear new stuff, except for my lucky jock strap.

I AM SHUSH NYKO, HE WILL BE SHUSHED. I think that answers that.

I've given up a life of ice fishing to become a hockey player.

MONEU CASH HOES! I bought a nice pad and got a bunch of strippers.

Easy, use some newspaper or an old rag

Can't think of anything weird but people that thought the coronavirus was coming from corona beer made me laugh pretty hard

Not a whole lot will change in my opinion, activity should remain the same but old players will go and new ones will begin their journey

A lot, I want to make a name for myself in anyway possible. If it doesn't work out I hope I set a good example for the kids watching at home, maybe one day (or right after) a new star will be born

I like sleeping and not being able to sleep in anymore sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do to make some coin. Oh shit I'm late for practice now! I swear it was my alarm clock!

Bought myself a home gym, gotta stay ready so I can be ready for next season

Edited by diacope

Tissues for sure

Working from home and school online, people say it's weird and hard to focus when staring at a computer all day but i've been doing it for 5 years

Well we don't have hand sanitizer in every lockerroom like the SHL

All the players have retired and it's a new generation.

Got to use the newest tech if I want to win

Well Kyl Oferson is the bastard child of @Kylrad and @O4L and they both matter to me.

Video games

Cocaine