Riga Reign Press Conference

1. We're about a half dozen games in. What's your impression of the season so far?

2. Some players made a position switch over the off-season. How successful will Jerry Garcia be now that he's a LW for Davos?

3. What chronically under performing player will finally have their time to shine this season?

4. Suppose you were the GM of a brand-new expansion franchise, like Miami in the VHLM this season. What would you call it, and where would it be situated?

5. What kinds of special talents does a teammate of yours have off the ice?

6. Why does STHS always spit out really weird results at the start of each season?

7. If the league had jersey/equipment sponsors, which product/company would you want your player to be sponsored by most?

8. I think I've figured it out! Hedge has found a way to clone himself, and he has his clones alternate doing his work while they are at home while he sleeps in his office! What do you think of that?

1. We're about a half dozen games in. What's your impression of the season so far?

So far the ship has been a little rocky, some waves knock my tin cap off the shelf and others pass by like butter. Right now we need to continue to be patient while the crew re-hoists the sails

2. Some players made a position switch over the off-season. How successful will Jerry Garcia be now that he's a LW for Davos?

Why not? Didn't know who he was until the position swap but if everything goes right and the coaches focus on his talents I can see him being a threat down the road

4. Suppose you were the GM of a brand-new expansion franchise, like Miami in the VHLM this season. What would you call it, and where would it be situated?

Miami Heatseekers and somewhere near the water so the team can go for a swim

Well Pengu knows where the north is directed at any given time, he lives in an igloo without any issue and swims faster than any Olympic swimmer. Still finding out for talents as we speak, 5 silverfish... 6 silverfish... 7 silverfish...(pengu has been underwater the past 15 minutes eating lunch)

6. Why does STHS always spit out really weird results at the start of each season?

Player readiness? 

7. If the league had jersey/equipment sponsors, which product/company would you want your player to be sponsored by most?

Reebok, Nike or Supra

8. I think I've figured it out! Hedge has found a way to clone himself, and he has his clones alternate doing his work while they are at home while he sleeps in his office! What do you think of that?

Where can I get a few clones to do housework ;)

Edited by diacope

20 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

3. What chronically under performing player will finally have their time to shine this season?

1. Can’t say there’s been many surprises, we love the 1-1 sims. 

2. Hopefully very successful cause I have him in VHFL lol.

3. Mikko Lahtinen. Only been 2 seasons, but he’s bound to break out.

5. I heard @Cxsquared is godly at cricket.

6. It’s still waking up from its offseason hibernation.

7. Probably Bauer, the only thing that makes a difference to me is my stick, and I like the Bauer Supreme series for that. The CCM Tacks was really good too, but maybe not quite the same.

I thought I'd be fighting more, and it seemed like i'd be fighting more, but I'm not fighting more :(

I think he'll hit close to 80 points or so

Tallinder

You expect it to spit out good ones?

Ferda Apparel, throwback to the OGs

I think if it's a true clone they'll all end up sleeping

So far so good, were tied for first in Europe so we are off to a good start

He is off to a hot start with 15 points in 10 games. Looks like it was the right choice for him

I think our old friend Acyd Burn will have a great season this year, his due to breakout

STHS is just weird like that, very RNG with no real logic behind it.

Adidas, while I know they are not big into hockey  but they are my favorite brand for soccer equipment.

I think that's brilliant, he can run the team 24/7 without losing a beat

1. Who's the most underrated player in the league right now?

2. Who's the most overrated in the league right now?

3. Do you think Riga needs a big shakeup?

4. What do you attribute the recent offensive slump to?

5. If you weren't a VHL player what a normal job would you work?

6. What's your player going to do when they're retired?

52 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

1. maybe Wolf Stansson Jr.

2. I don’t know, maybe Hafkey.

3. I think so, our offence doesn’t show up to play enough, myself included.

4. We’ve been social distancing from the puck.

5. VHL scout, if that’s normal enough haha.

6. Well, be a VHL scout. 

Jerry Garcia. Underperformed as a defenseman, and now he's absolutely pucking out (??) with his swap to left wing.

Apollo Hackett. Dude's a hack, just like his name says.

I'm not entirely sure how Riga could afford a big shakeup. It's definitely a buyer's market because of how saturated rosters are; I think teams are trying to sell players but do so fruitlessly because GMs of teams that need players can either (1) afford to hold off from deals that are 'balanced' because of their team state (i.e. not competing) or (2) just wait for a better offer from a more desperate GM.

Wish I could tell you. Our offense has developed a lot from last season and just aren't scoring goals.

Probably go back to college and become an engineer. They make solid money, I've continued to have an interest in chemical engineering, and they don't have any compulsory post-grad schooling to do if you don't want to.

I'll find a nice beach town somewhere and probably want to settle down to start a family. Been focusing too much on work recently.

Have you seen that Oferson kid at practice? He's destined to be a star one day, he'll go through a few rough patches now but watch out for him in the future, definitely the most slept on right now

Not really sure, maybe Rayz Funk? 

Possibly, things aren't looking good.. Didn't we have a bad start to last season but fought our way and keep chugging until Don't count us out yet

Well I think our puck movement has been sub par thus far and the hockey gods aren't on our side clearly

I'd be growing dope like Ricky

Have a family, dabble a little bit more in the movie business and grow dope ;)

Edited by diacope

On 5/31/2020 at 2:34 PM, Nykonax said:

1. Me... kind of. Maybe only slightly underrated. Darn, I don't know.
2. Me? Kind of? Maybe I'm just straight rated.
3. I don't get paid enough to think
4. We just gotta move the puck better
5. Fisherpenguin
6. Ice fish... a lot.

I would say Spyro, great goalie and great locker room presence

HHH, Love him but with that amount of TPE he should be putting up way more points :P

Nope, Since the line shakeup we have been playing really well.

Probably line combinations, since the line shakeup we have been putting up goals which has been nice

Definitely a pro soccer player

Relax and then maybe get into scouting or coaching for hockey

1. There have been a ton of trades recently, including ones involving Jet Jaguar, Julius Freeman, and Mat Tocco. What's your impression of how things ended up?

2. Are Moscow and Vancouver calling it quits on this season with their trades?

3. Everyone figured New York would be in the North American Conference's driver's seat. Why are they struggling for top 8 right now?

4. By goals scored, we're the #4 offense in the league. What woke us up?

5. How do you normally keep in shape during the off-season?

6. Why do you think VHL careers only last 8 seasons? Does it age you faster than normal life does?

7. First we had hedgehogs, then Eagles, then SasakaMOOSE, and now we have a penguin on the VHL ice too. What animal is next?

1. There have been a ton of trades recently, including ones involving Jet Jaguar, Julius Freeman, and Mat Tocco. What's your impression of how things ended up?

Don't really care much, been focused on improving my game with the increased minutes I've had, I guess.. Good luck to them but better luck to Riga

Moscow yes, Vancouver no

3. Everyone figured New York would be in the North American Conference's driver's seat. Why are they struggling for top 8 right now?

The complete package, something is obviously off for them and if the coaches don't pick up their drawing board soon they'll continue to sink

Well our coach switched things up recently and I think whatever he did is working, just gotta take it shift by shift and keep our ears open for further instructoins

Work as a stunt devil for the Moscow Movie Association 

6. Why do you think VHL careers only last 8 seasons? Does it age you faster than normal life does?

Was thinking about this the other day, I used to fear having to retire so soon but the journey I've had and still have thus far is perfect for an online career, too long I'd feel aged. Definitely going to make another character

7. First we had hedgehogs, then Eagles, then SasakaMOOSE, and now we have a penguin on the VHL ice too. What animal is next?

Would be sick to see an Owl :D

Edited by Z16

5 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

1. There have been a ton of trades recently, including ones involving Jet Jaguar, Julius Freeman, and Mat Tocco. What's your impression of how things ended up?

1. Well, Moscow seems to be done with contending.

2. Moscow for sure, but Vancouver isn’t quite giving up.

3. I’m not sure, but the past 2 seasons haven’t necessarily been in their favour. On paper, they have a really solid lineup though.

4. Idk, everything clicked all of a sudden. It seems that our scoring is actually finding some regularity, so I’m hopeful that it can continue.

5. Go back to Sweden and watch old exercise DVDs.

6. I heard the commissioners have some magic dust that makes you forget how to skate after you’re eighth season. Don’t know if it’s true, but I guess we’ll find out.

Surprised to see these trades, especially jaguar and freeman moving

I wouldn't say calling it quits, I think they are definitely entering a retooling stage though

No idea, my guess is just poor line chemistry

Not hedge

Bold to assume I keep in shape

Probably a rhino or something, or we can put a walrus in net like that one commercial

On 6/6/2020 at 7:43 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. No idea but it was fun making the trade graphic
2. Let's just say yes
3. We just need to eat more and drink more together
4. Having new young blood to take away playing time is a good motivator
5. Flipping off seals and walruses
6. The level of competition is way tougher than the NHL hah!
7. Would like a Narwhal!

Interesting trades and a lot of high TPE players being moved. Time will tell if the trades work out or not

I think so, every team eventually needs to rebuild and both these times had great runs last couple seasons

Could be Chemistry? Could be something is just not clicking with the lines...NY should be doing a lot better.

Continuous training, I never take any time off in the off-season.

I think it should be extended but I guess since the seasons are so quick, it tires out the players more

I am going to go with a bear? seems a logical choice

1. There have been a ton of trades recently, including ones involving Jet Jaguar, Julius Freeman, and Mat Tocco. What's your impression of how things ended up?

Kind of an even boat all around. Davos competing a few teams accepting the standing fate and taking value where they can get it.

Sort of, although more like just accepting position. Cycles are different and being in a position to trade assets for the future without damaging too much of where you are in the present has become a common VHL trade in parity era.

New York should be CGY but sths hasn't decided to let up after seasons of bullshit against that team. They'll dominant one season and it's playoffs randomly from overdue karma at this point. 

Sths pity, seriously Rita been a well structured team on paper for seasons for whatever reason not known for offensive punch. Nice to see some team offense show up for the club.

Fuck being in shape in the off season. Really as simmer I pretty much take every off season off and settle for like min tpe. 

The lame answer is because that's the way it's always been. In canon I've always liked to think that in whatever weird universe that allows our players to travel internationally mid season comes at the price of increased aging. No athlete can handle the rigorous requirements more than 8 seasons.

The porcupine will be the next animal user to dominate the league.

1. Expansion's here! Which brand-spankin'-new team's branding is your favorite and why?

2. Have you interacted with any of the new GMs before? Which one's the most underrated?

3. Another huge trade sent HHH - Beaviss's own player - to DAVOS. Is Davos still a meme?

4. Why are D.C. doing so much worse than projected this season?

5. Some people in Discord and on the forum say that certain players are 'chosen' by STHS. What are your thoughts on this?

6. Have you ever met the team's zamboni driver? What are they like?

1 hour ago, Renomitsu said:

1. Expansion's here! Which brand-spankin'-new team's branding is your favorite and why?

2. Have you interacted with any of the new GMs before? Which one's the most underrated?

3. Another huge trade sent HHH - Beaviss's own player - to DAVOS. Is Davos still a meme?

5. Some people in Discord and on the forum say that certain players are 'chosen' by STHS. What are your thoughts on this?

1. Warsaw, I think the logo is great.

2. I’ve briefly interacted with McWolf, I think he could do big things.

3. If they do well in the playoffs, idk if anyone could call them a meme anymore.

4. I really don’t know, it’s not like they have any super noticeable weaknesses.

5. Sometimes it seems like it for sure, with how well certain players do relative to people with similar builds.

6. He’s very obsessive over his job. One time I caught him picking at tiny chips in the ice with a butter knife at 5:30 in the morning.

The Warsaw design is pretty neat but to be honest I'm not a fan of any of the new team's branding 

Well Josh has done a bunch of updates for me so I know he'll be very active and you need to be for a strong team

Smart move for both teams but Davos is right behind us so we gotta keep our heads on our shoulders and keep chugging away because the playoffs just got harder.

After looking at their roster to come up with an answer I'm stumped, they have a perfectly built team with shooters everywhere.. Maybe the lack of experience and coaching? 

Nah it's all about the code, if you have the right builds together and strategy formed you'll be successful. More like GMs are choosing the players that they want to be successful because ice-time players a huge part in it too

Creepy bastard, saw him dragging a scarecrow behind the arena a couple weeks ago and the whole time he was giving me a death stare. Haven't been to practice early since..

On 6/14/2020 at 2:37 PM, Renomitsu said:

1. I'm a big fan of London's tbh!
2. I reckon Jeff and McWolf will be great! No idea whose underrated tbh
3. Probably but at least they like chess!
4. Sim gods deem it so
5. Oooh like a generational all star hidden tag?
6. No I don't think so?? I hope they like the cold

Maybe I might be a little biased as my player is Polish but definitely the Warsaw logo.

I have interacted with all in some way shape or form. I think JeffD is most underrated, played with him in Vancouver and I think he will do well as a GM

I guess we will find out after the playoffs ;)

Hard to say, they have a pretty good team on paper but something just isn't clicking

It could happen, I find STHS to be very RNG. One day you are playing like you're supposed and the other day you are scratching your head on how that could of happened

I always see them as I like to be the first on the ice and last off, friendly guys with some great jokes!

1. Condor Adrienne is having an outstanding offensive season as a defenseman, why do you think that is?

He never takes his foot off the pedal and consistently uses his athleticism to win battles everywhere on the ice, more opportunities = more points

2. A magical trade deadline has appeared and we can add any player we want to Riga, who do you bring aboard and why?

Any player that has a similar build to Tate

4. Pengu is having a fantastic rookie season, what needs to happen for him to finish in first place for all rookies this season?

Give the boy more ice-time to finish out the season, I'll even volunteer to take less because I've already passed last season's point totals and Pengu deserves it!

5. What's the best midnight snack?

Hot rods are good, chicken fingers/nuggets with hot sauce, banana bread or a T.V. dinner

6. What team is Riga's greatest challenge when it comes to the playoffs?

A lot of it is going to come down to the coach and how he reacts to certain line combinations and strategies, every game matters now

7. Disneyland or Disneyworld?

If I really had to pick.. Disneyland, sorry I've never been a big fan of theme parts, circuses or fairs so I'd probably wouldn't go to either 

8. How important is leadership as an attribute?

Not really THAT important when it comes to game results but if you want to have a team environment and active team you better learn quick

9. What does Riga need to focus on in order to win the cup?

Taking things one step at a time, the question should be what does Riga need to focus on in order to win the first game? That's my mentality right now

10. If you could eliminate any team from playoff contention, who do you choose and why?

I'd choose a team that's already out of contention to nobody will be pissed off.. Now if I'm having a bad day I'd definitely say Calgary ;)

Edited by Z16

3 hours ago, Tate said:

1. Condor Adrienne is having an outstanding offensive season as a defenseman, why do you think that is?

2. A magical trade deadline has appeared and we can add any player we want to Riga, who do you bring aboard and why?

3. If you could relocate one of the current VHL teams to anywhere in the world, what team do you relocate and to where/what branding?

4. Pengu is having a fantastic rookie season, what needs to happen for him to finish in first place for all rookies this season?

5. What's the best midnight snack?

6. What team is Riga's greatest challenge when it comes to the playoffs?

7. Disneyland or Disneyworld?

8. How important is leadership as an attribute?

9. What does Riga need to focus on in order to win the cup?

10. If you could eliminate any team from playoff contention, who do you choose and why?

1. His game vision is superb!
2. I guess a young prospect just to ensure we're always developing
3. Saint Petersburg has a lot of history maybe?
4.  I just gotta work harder and train harder!
5. Tuna sandwich!
6. Consistency! We're a strong team but we get in our own heads.
7. Neither, a nice beach any day!
8. No idea I have none
9. We need to focus on getting focused
10. Moscow, grrr