MAL/RIG: S65 off-season

VHL Bot

• Victor changed the title to MAL/RIG: S65 off-season
3 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

Legitimately curious - do @Advantage and @Devise have the all-time most time spent together on the same team in any sort of GM/player relationship?

If I recall correctly we actually have very LITTLE time spent together. I believe we had two players play in the VHLM together semi-recently, however when we were going over it we realized we actually haven't played much together. Tell me a Cup win either of us shared together? I played with Kyle/Jericho a lot. NY, Quebec, Cologne. I've played with Streetlight a bunch, Jason/diamond ace as well. But Sullivan didn't join NY till after I left. Most of our time spent together has been the odd one-off so at least from my perspective when it came to bucket list stuff for VHL I was interested in y'know, settling in and trying to win something with ADV before my VHL tenure eventually runs dry. 

That said, Hedgehog wanted to shed prime, I thought the "play together" thing was handled with the Sully trade and a long shot that a future player of mine could wind up on Malmo since playing for expansion franchises a bucket list thing for me as well. Glad this trade ends up covering a lot of those bases for me, plus I get to play a prominent role which is nice. 

Edited by Devise

1 minute ago, Devise said:

If I recall correctly we actually have very LITTLE time spent together. I believe we had two players play in the VHLM together semi-recently, however when we were going over it we realized we actually haven't played much together. Tell me a Cup win either of us shared together? I played with Kyle/Jericho a lot. NY, Quebec, Cologne. I've played with Streetlight a bunch, Jason/diamond ace as well. But Sullivan didn't join NY till after I left. Most of our time spent together has been the odd one-off so at least from my perspective when it came to bucket list stuff for VHL I was interested in y'know, settling in and trying to win something with ADV before my VHL tenure eventually runs dry. 

I legitimately don't know the answer - I have enough trouble remembering who my own players played with, let alone other people's players. My perception was that you two played together often. It could be that I remember a high number of instances of you playing together, not necessarily the length of time.

Yea I’ve played like maybe a couple seasons in Toronto with devise and like one in NY so like maybe 4 seasons total lol. @flyersfan1453  it’s weird that people still think this

but he was on NY for one season when I was gm, never played for my Stockholm team or my cologne one either

Edited by Advantage

1 minute ago, Advantage said:

Yea I’ve played like maybe a couple seasons in Toronto with devise and like one in NY so like maybe 4 seasons total lol. @flyersfan1453  it’s weird that people still think this

I do think it's just association. You and I have a tendency to play with a lot of the same members. While we have 8 Cups between us I'm pretty sure a high majority of the members show appearances 4-5 times in that. I know we have both used a lot of Tfong and Der Meister, as well as Streetlight/Diamond Ace I think.  Also almost all of our playtime together is with not notable players, VHLM not included. The NY season was Laich, who left just before you guys won cups. The Toronto stuff I"m pretty sure was Humbert for me? 

Honestly I don't really care one way or the other with the narrative for people I just wanted to have some success with ADV before I call it a career and that has yet to happen. So with us now on a NA/EU team we have double the odds. :P 

5 minutes ago, Devise said:

I do think it's just association. You and I have a tendency to play with a lot of the same members. While we have 8 Cups between us I'm pretty sure a high majority of the members show appearances 4-5 times in that. I know we have both used a lot of Tfong and Der Meister, as well as Streetlight/Diamond Ace I think.  Also almost all of our playtime together is with not notable players, VHLM not included. The NY season was Laich, who left just before you guys won cups. The Toronto stuff I"m pretty sure was Humbert for me? 

Honestly I don't really care one way or the other with the narrative for people I just wanted to have some success with ADV before I call it a career and that has yet to happen. So with us now on a NA/EU team we have double the odds. :P 

Yeah honestly the guy I’ve played most with is probably @Smarch  Low and Snatch played extensive times for me

23 hours ago, Advantage said:

but he was on NY for one season when I was gm, never played for my Stockholm team or my cologne one either

Boeser/Reinholdt/Lane.

Then I traded you like some asshole.

On 5/5/2019 at 9:28 PM, TheLastOlympian07 said:

@JardyB10 and I played together for like 9 seasons with Clegane and Muller. which is what i think led him to going inactive 

Yeah, 9 seasons even sounds low to me, I feel like we were on the same team for like, 2 straight players. Mind you I'm inactive so what do I know!