Volosenkov Joins His Hometown Team

Well the S66 VHL Entry Draft has come and gone. To pretty much nobody’s surprise it went as expected. We catch up with Dimitri  Volosenkov who was taken 5th overall by the Moscow Menace.

Dimitri, how happy are you now that you’ve been drafted by your hometown team?

”It’s awesome! I have deep roots here in Moscow having done most of my training here all through my younger years. I’m from St. Petersburg so to be able to play that close to my family is such a blessing.”

Previously you said you preferred to be drafted by either Malmo or Moscow. Now that has become a reality is that what you actually hope for?

”Obviously it’s great being able to be a part of this new team that’s so close to home. At the time of the draft I was hoping for either Moscow or Riga. Moscow was my number 1, so it was really exciting to have my name called and being selected in the top 5. I hope to make this team proud and lead help lead them to a cup someday. For now we’re just trying to develop a bit more but in a few seasons we’ll be contenders.”

Well thanks a lot Dimitri, congrats on being selected 5th and best of luck to you in your career. Will Moscow be a cup contender in the next 2 or 3 seasons? Only time will tell. With such a deep prospect pool it looks promising though. Until next time.