Moscow Menace Press Conference

Hello all, it's a brand new season. Since I did not see a team press conference, I went and made one. 

Answer All 6 Questions For 2 TPE

1. With a new season comes hope! What are your expectations for the 66th season of the VHL.

2. What is a personal goal you'd like to achieve this year?

3. What is a team goal you'd like to see the boys accomplish?

4. Share an experience you've had with the folks from Moscow, what are some similarities and differences?

5. If your new to the team, what excited you the most when you were drafted/traded or signed to Moscow? If you're not new, is there someone who's new to the squad you're interested in playing with?

6. If you could pick a goal song for the Menace, what would it be and why?

1. With a new season comes hope! What are your expectations for the 66th season of the VHL.

I'm thinking we'll probably start out towards the bottom of the league, but Moscow has a good young core and the future is bright. We could also be a surprise this season. I think playoffs would be a massive success, but I think our cup window is 1-2 seasons away.

I'd like to be a positive +/- player and maybe try to get like 20 goals x 30 assists type of season. My first couple of games have gone pretty well in terms of scoring, so we'll see I guess.

I think our main goal is winning more games than the other expansion franchise, the Malmo Nighthawks. The teams will obviously be compared this season and we want to come out on top.

4. Share an experience you've had with the folks from Moscow, what are some similarities and differences?

I can't speak Russian but I understand their hacking culture is world class. I hope nobody doxxes me and tries to extort money from me or something. Victor has invested in some good cyber security for us, so I feel safe.

5. If your new to the team, what excited you the most when you were drafted/traded or signed to Moscow? If you're not new, is there someone who's new to the squad you're interested in playing with?

Definitely the chance to play for Victor. He has always been an important member of this league and is a great guy imo. His reputation is world-class and playing for his expansion franchise is an honour for me.

Probably Noisestorm - Crab Rave, just because it gets me pumped up watch league of legends on twitch.

There's going to be some growing pains as expected.  This is still a new team with a lot more new faces, myself included.  I think once we figure out what works we're going to put some win streaks together.  There have been some close games so far, its going to take time, patience and weekly work. 

Start being a contributer.  I played for two strong VHLM teams (Halifax & Minnesota) and I want to show I can be a key player

Get in a rhythm.    We dont have to win every game but if we can stay at .5 consistently over 10 games spans I would say thats a step in the right direction.

My gf is part Russian, does that count as an experience?  I dont really understand the question ?

Moscow is a new team so this is the time to set the benchmark.  It's an opportunity to set what Moscow is going to be for seasons to come.

Jump Around - House of Pain.  Always want the crowd to be able to participate in the celebration

I hope to just be able to produce some points and try to get to at least 10 wins this season. It's not looking good so far but given time we'll find success

Hopefully put up a good fight for Rookie Of The Year, i've had a good start so we'll see how that develops through the season.

Hitting 10 wins would be a good step in the right direction to getting this team a championship. We have a good group here we just have to find our game and get a W.

Dimitri is a bit of a local here so he's fit right in. Being from St. Petersburg and spending time training in Moscow in the past makes it way easier to adjust to VHL life.

5. If you're new to the team, what excited you the most when you were drafted/traded or signed to Moscow? If you're not new, is there someone who's new to the squad you're interested in playing with?

To be able to play here in Russia for my hometown team is something special. It's nice to be a part of this environment and to help build this team to greatness. I hope to be a part of this organization for a long time but we'll see how it works out.

Zombie Nation would be my first choice. I'm a big Bruins fan IRL and I think it's a great hype Goal song.

I hope for some close games when the playoffs come around.

I really want to reach 100 points but I doubt this is going to be the season

I hope we can make it past 10 wins that would be a step in the right direction.

I speak some Russian and have been there a couple of times and the parties were always fantastic.

We got a lot of great new players recently I am looking forward to be sharing the ice with any of them.

Rasputin from Boney M. 100% 

Edited by Sova

1. With a new season comes hope! What are your expectations for the 66th season of the VHL. I'm just hoping that we beat Malmo every chance we get.

2. What is a personal goal you'd like to achieve this year?

I'd like the lead the M in scoring before coming to Moscow next season but that's a stretch haha.

3. What is a team goal you'd like to see the boys accomplish? Again the Malmo thing, but honestly any improvement over last season would be awesome.

One of my good friends growing up once had a family friend living with them, he was an older guy that went by the nickname Fish. Let's just say the whole stereotype involving vodka isn't a joke.

5. If your new to the team, what excited you the most when you were drafted/traded or signed to Moscow? If you're not new, is there someone who's new to the squad you're interested in playing with? I Feel like Victor drafted really well (not to brag) and I think that's these next few seasons are going to be really strong for us so that's exciting.

6. If you could pick a goal song for the Menace, what would it be and why? No Joke, just play the Tetris theme.

1. With a new season comes hope! What are your expectations for the 66th season of the VHL.

My expectations are low. Being the highest rated player on a bottom of the league team wasn't my original plan, but I'll make the best of it.

Not being a negative player would be nice. Lets keep then puck out of the net.

Just win as much as we can. Lots of up and comers just need that TPE for everyone to grow.

4. Share an experience you've had with the folks from Moscow, what are some similarities and differences?

Everyone has been friendly enough. Foods a little differn but as long as there is a BK I'll live.

Since I'm new, I'd say being able to help grow a small team. 

All Together Now by Mandrax Queen. Cause if we're going to win, we have to do it together.

Being in the sophomore season of an expansion team, I hope we can build new some traditions and shape our team identity for future seasons.

Ideally I would like to hit .5 ppg, but I just want to put up a solid rookie season that I can build on.

I want to see us win 10 games at least, or maybe not finish last this season. Any signs of improvement compared to last season would be awesome.

The language barrier has been a big difference, lots of hand gesturing and confusion.

I was excited to be a part of a team that I could help build and grow with. I was part of an expansion team in Houston and help manage one right now, so I think expansion teams are meant for me.

The 7th Element by Vitas, just look it up and you'll see why.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:26 PM, FacebookFighter said:

Hello all, it's a brand new season. Since I did not see a team press conference, I went and made one. 

Answer All 6 Questions For 2 TPE

No matter the record, we need to just get ourselves an identification, got a long way for the crew to get better.

I’m not good enough to worry about individual stats, but contributing to meaningful games would be good

Like everyone else, just see some improvement.

Started the year in Davos, got traded to Riga for 2 to 3 days and coming in to Moscow the climate almost made me puke. Fans are diehards, and I try not to mention the summit series often.

I just think it’s cool to be part of the early years in the franchise; hoping that I can be here for enough term to make an impact.

Anything by XS Project so I can see the crowd have an absolute rave.

A New Week, 6 New questions!

1. Moscow has fallen to last in the standings. Is there reasons for hope or is the season lost already?

2. Who has stood out as the best player on this team?

3. Is there someone who's level of play has surprised you?

4.  Every team has a rival. Who would you consider to be Moscow's rival?

5. If you were given the opportunity to redesign the Moscow Menace jerseys would you do it and what would your design be?

6.  If you were to choose one area where the Menace needs to improve, what would it be? 

9 hours ago, FacebookFighter said:

1. Moscow has fallen to last in the standings. Is there reasons for hope or is the season lost already?

It’s not looking good so far. I wasn’t expecting this team to make the playoffs honestly with the amount of skill in the league. Give it time and we’ll be good.

I would have to say McDavid. He’s leading the team in goals at 7, he’s also +5 which is the highest rating amongst all skaters on the roster.

We have 7 skaters that are all within 4 points of each other. Our scoring is fairly spread out which isn’t bad.

Malmo? Same division plus they’re an expansion team.

5. If you were given the opportunity to redesign the Moscow Menace jerseys would you do it and what would your design be?

Given how much I love jersey designs I would say yes. Someday for a graphic I might design some just for fun but who knows. Maybe a dark blue base with gold and white accents would look nice. Always been a fan of jerseys without shoulders.

6.  If you were to choose one area where the Menace needs to improve, what would it be? 

Scoring doesn’t seem to be that big of an issue for us. Our biggest problem seems to be our overall defence. Not letting opponents get quality scoring chances and blocking more shots. Special teams have been good for us from what I’ve seen so no issue there.

Answered the questions but forgot I already got 2 TPE for press conference this week. Claiming for week ending May 26th

On 5/14/2019 at 12:06 PM, FacebookFighter said:

1. We are still in a building phase so it'll be a bit painful from time to time. But, production is looking good. So the wins have to start coming sooner than later

2. Always a fan of my line mate Gebauer. The rookies are killing it too.

3. Take your pick at any of the rookies really. Seriously impressed!

4. Probably Malmo based on both being new European expansion teams.

5. To be honest I'm already a huge fan of the design and don't think I'd change anything.

6. I mean goaltending is always a tough spot we've very much upgraded there so i think at this point it's more about consistently building tpe.

We have nowhere to go but up, tbh, so there are reasons for hope for sure. We're just getting started here.

I don't have the stat sheets in front of me, but from what I remember from the sims... Weyed and Volosenkov. Maybe the goalie, Owen May too.

Probably Volosenkov. He's better than me. ?

Malmo, no question. I think with both teams being expansion franchises in Europe, there is a built-in rivalry that comes with that. Malmo has some quality players, but I think Moscow will be the more successful team over the next ~10 seasons.

All I would do with a Moscow re-design is change the grey-green in the outline of the Menace logo, to just flat grey or maybe even like a dark dark grey/almost black. There is DEFINITELY some green/aqua in the outline of the Menace logo, regardless of what the VHL thinks. No clue about the jerseys, I just hope they are primarily yellow/black.

For a certain member of the team to join the team discord. *cough cough* *wink wink*

HEY EVERYBODYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Answer these questions for a whopping 2 TPE!!!!! Isn't that GREAT!

1. As we pass the first third of the season we sit one win away from our team goal of double digit wins! How do you feel about possibly becoming the most successful team in Moscow history?!

2. Who do you credit the most to our victories?

3. Earlier this month Vlad Putin voiced his displeasure in the state of affairs of our team. Do you believe he's justified to be angry with the Menace?

4. What are some differences you've noticed between the VHLM and the VHL?

5. What's your pre-game meal? Does it change or is it always constant?

6. Are you superstitious? Is there a routine you must do prior to every game in order to feel like you have a chance to succeed?

2 hours ago, FacebookFighter said:

HEY EVERYBODYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Answer these questions for a whopping 2 TPE!!!!! Isn't that GREAT!

1. As we pass the first third of the season we sit one win away from our team goal of double digit wins! How do you feel about possibly becoming the most successful team in Moscow history?!

3. Earlier this month Vlad Putin voiced his displeasure in the state of affairs of our team. Do you believe he's justified to be angry with the Menace?

6. Are you superstitious? Is there a routine you must do prior to every game in order to feel like you have a chance to succeed?

1. It's exciting times here in Moscow. Things are slowly starting to come together.

2. I think everyone has been killing it. I will say I'm happy nano is back.

3. Putin needs to relax. He clearly doesn't know how a rebuilding franchise works. We're doing everything we can in our power to get better.

4. Vhlm is a great way to slowly ease you into what it's like to be in the vhl. One things for sure there's a lot more recognition in the vhl.

5. My pre game usually involved 7-8 beers. Sometimes more. Depends on how long the flights are.

6. I'm not too superstitious, retape my stick only white tape. There's some pretty wacky ones I've seen. But whatever helps us win i say go for it.

I think after the S66 draft and a pretty active off-season in terms of roster movement, it was pretty much a sure bet that we would be the best Moscow team yet. I wasn't surprised whatsoever. I don't think we are very far off from being a playoff team, that, to me, is our next goal.

I think our defensive core and goaltending are probably the biggest factors in our wins. Owen May has had some great performances in net, and is only getting better. Nano and Buefordsson coming in at the back end has also been immense. 

Yes. I believe that President Putin is indeed correct. Moscow has to be better. We must take over the hockey world.

The loss of the +1 tpe from practice facilities is the biggest difference. It hurts my soul every week.

I get a Fuddruckers 3/4 lb hamburger delivered every game day. I usually top it with diced onions, pickles, a little shredded lettuce with some mayo.

I try not to smoke marijuana before a game. I only partake after the game, even if we have an early game the next day. As long as I can sleep for a good 6 hours, I'm refreshed and not impaired.

Develop properly and compete for a Founder's Cup.

Make the jump to Moscow next season.

Continue to develop as a young roster.

@Victor once went on the Oregon Trail with me.

Playing under a member that I'm very familiar with.

Love Flight by Jeremy Olander, because it's a good song. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another week another batch of questions!

1. If you had the opportunity to change positions from/to F,D or G, Would you?

2. Moscow Menace want to create a mascot! How would you design our mascot? What would its name be?

3. Since Moscow will not sniff the playoffs, is there a team you're supporting on their quest for the cup?

4.  We are 8 points from hated rival Malmo! DO YOU HATE MALMO ENOUGH TO WIN OUT OF SPITE?! In reality what are you doing to win and get motivated?

5. For those who have just been reading the box score, Moscow has taken a lot of penalties this season. What are some penalties you've seen the team taking and what do you like to do in the penalty box?

6. Why do you think Moscow is such a bi polar team, leading in both goals for and against?

7. Does Owen May suck?

I grew up playing D and in the last 4-5 years i've switched to F already but I'm usually the first to hang back for the D if they go up on the rush

2. Moscow Menace want to create a mascot! How would you design our mascot? What would its name be?

Make a real life version of the logo with the king wearing the crown and give him a purple cloak. It's an unreal logo so it would make a great mascot.

3. Since Moscow will not sniff the playoffs, is there a team you're supporting on their quest for the cup?

Eh, not really. Maybe a team who hasn't won it before or hasn't won in a long time?

4.  We are 8 points from hated rival Malmo! DO YOU HATE MALMO ENOUGH TO WIN OUT OF SPITE?! In reality what are you doing to win and get motivated?

YES! Malmo is the absolute worst. Screw them. Don't care if we go lower in the draft, Malmo has to lose.

5. For those who have just been reading the box score, Moscow has taken a lot of penalties this season. What are some penalties you've seen the team taking and what do you like to do in the penalty box?

Not pointing fingers but a certain player has 137 more minutes than the person in 2nd... Koma... i mean buddy what is going on?

6. Why do you think Moscow is such a bi polar team, leading in both goals for and against?

Russians only know offensive capability. We good snipers but not good in our own end. Need to improve on defence if we want to be successful.

7. Does Owen May suck?

He doesn't suck, he's justs till improving like the rest of us. We haven't been very good in-front of him so you can't blame the guy for the poor numbers. I don't think anyone in this room expects him to stand on his head night after night for a rebuilding team.

I think the obvious answer is switch to goalie. I've never made a goalie in any of my sim careers, but probably should tbh.

I always like a tongue-in-cheek mascot, so I think we should go with a comically old man who looks sort of like actor Tommy Lee Jones, and name him VICTOR.

I'd say HC Davos because a few of my friends arrived there this season, but I'm not so sure they'll be making the playoffs either. They need to play Codrick Past more.

Malmo is hot garbage besides their GM. Not sure why them and their fans are so obsessed with cucumbers that they'd model their logo after one. I think we won the last game against Malmo, hopefully we surpass them permanently very soon.

Can't say I've paid attention tbh, and I do look at box scores, but only look at the goals/assists. Colour me a hater.

Probably because we have a care free, no fucks given attitude. Soon enough we will be contenders and get serious about things, but for now, we simply don't care and let it all hang out, out there.

7. Does Owen May suck?

No I think he's the best young goaltender in the league.

One day I might make a defender but Forwards are the most fun for me.

A tracksuit wearing Bear named Igor or Boris. Please.

Nope I don't care much about teams that I don't play for

4.  We are 8 points from hated rival Malmo! DO YOU HATE MALMO ENOUGH TO WIN OUT OF SPITE?! In reality, what are you doing to win and get motivated?

I get into my zone, music and some other things help, but ever since I play on a competitive level I have been too nervous to develop a routine. (can't throw you off if you have no routine) But what motivates me most is winning so yeah not much motivation needed.

5. For those who have just been reading the box score, Moscow has taken a lot of penalties this season. What are some penalties you've seen the team taking and what do you like to do in the penalty box? Blast some Hardbass and check how many new fans I have on VK

6. Why do you think Moscow is such a bipolar team, leading in both goals for and against?

I don't know we don't even have Elias Dahlberg on the roster

7. Does Owen May suck?

No, he is developing and that is the only thing that counts

•  

• Admin

I wouldn't try goalie again, just because I've set myself a really high bar with the last goalie I made - Greg Clegane. But I might even have to move to D to balance out the team and I'd be open to that, we'll see.

I really like the suggestions I just read above. My initial thought was a bear but then isn't that Seattle's thing? I think the king from our logo is absolutely the one, and he'd be called Vladimir.

I have a vested interest in Riga haha, though I have become so used to disappointment there the last couple of seasons. But yeah, it's Riga or bust for me.

Haha, I've found myself thinking whether I want the better draft position or the dubious bragging rights of finishing 8th rather than 9th. But really you have to want to win and that is my motivation - I don't want the team to be seen as a joke, this is a serious project and we all want and will win consistently in the future.

I think psychologically we know we aren't gonna keep a lot of shutouts at this point so we take the game to the opponent. It's better to go down fighting than trying to limit the damage and this way is much more fun for everyone. Except maybe Owen May....

7. Does Owen May suck?

But I don't think Owen May sucks, he's just the victim of being the youngest starting goalie in the league and our gung-ho style. As the team develops and May does too he'll see much better stats and we'll get better results.

I probably would change to a forward next time to change things up

I would make it a bear with a russian hat on it and call it Sergei

I will say one of my former team Helsinki.

Yes.  Staying out of the basement motivates me

I think we just play a crazy free flowing entertainig games that leads to the high scores.  It makes for great entertainment for our fans.  At the end of every game I think of the gladiator scene where he says to the crowrd are you not entertained.

7. Does Owen May suck?

No just a young goalie who needs to learn how to play in the VHL, he will be a great goalie soon.

On 5/29/2019 at 10:01 PM, FacebookFighter said:

Another week another batch of questions!

7. Does Owen May suck?

1. Not at this point. I'm having too much fun!

2. I say make it a pack of wild dogs! That'll get everyone talking! As for names I'm not sure the names would be important.

3. Probably Davos spent time there before coming here. Nothing but love for those guys.

4. If there's one thing a Russian franchise can do is accomplish something out of spite. But also train harder than ever before!

5. We're a bunch of goons what do you expect? Tons of trips, roughing, fights, elbowing. Nothing new here. I personally love to kick back and relax in the box.

6. I'm so dumbfounded by it. We're all offense and no defense and then sometimes nothing at all. We have good young players so i expect that next season that will be tidied up a little bit more.

7. I think may has done as good a job as anyone at his level could be doing. I don't put it on him. We allow 30-50+ shots a game. We have to get better as a whole.