Moscow Menace Press Conference

12 hours ago, Spartan said:

:mos:More press conference questions!:mos:

(For the week starting 6/8)

1. The Victator made a massive trade on June 1st that has been the talk of the league. What are your thoughts on it?

Crazy. Don't know if i like it.

2. After a few trades by Victor this week, what do you think about the state of this Moscow team for both the present, and the future?

Pretty good!

3. With both Gorlab and Zeke, two of the largest personalities in sim leagues, gone from the team, how do you plan to make up the hole in our locker room?

Being more active.

4. How scared are you of being traded away before/by the trade deadline? As a reminder, no one is safe.

I don't thing he's going to trade prospects.

5. I like to finish up PC's with some fun questions. This week, I'd love to hear some of your music recommendations!

Wrong choice, dude. Ana Ng (TMBG), Whatever It Takes (Imagine Dragons), Birdhouse In Your Soul (TMBG), Wild, (by Trevor Daniel), Loser(by Beck),  Death of a Bachelor (P! At the disco)

6. In the theme of music, what has been your favorite concert that you've been to? If you haven't been to one yet, who would you like to see live?

I would like to see Imagine Dragons.

1. The Victator made a massive trade on June 1st that has been the talk of the league. What are your thoughts on it?

I'm gonna miss Jaguar we've played together a long time but I think it's what is best going forward.

2. After a few trades by Victor this week, what do you think about the state of this Moscow team for both the present, and the future?

I think we have a bright future and I'm looking forward to helping the young guys.

3. With both Gorlab and Zeke, two of the largest personalities in sim leagues, gone from the team, how do you plan to make up the hole in our locker room?

I'm just gonna continue to plug along as I always have.

4. How scared are you of being traded away before/by the trade deadline? As a reminder, no one is safe.

Victor hasn't said anything to me up to this point so I think I'm fairly safe.

5. I like to finish up PC's with some fun questions. This week, I'd love to hear some of your music recommendations!

John Digweed.

6. In the theme of music, what has been your favorite concert that you've been to? If you haven't been to one yet, who would you like to see live?

Gorillaz were fantastic when I saw them live.

On 6/7/2020 at 8:28 PM, Spartan said:

(For the week starting 6/8)

1. The Victator made a massive trade on June 1st that has been the talk of the league. What are your thoughts on it?

1. I always respect what Victor does. He’s one of the best in the business.

2.we’re fine and even better in the future!

3.I’m still a rookie but if coach wants me to step up , I’ll do what I have too.

4. I like it here but , hey , it’s a business.

5. Oh wow, I’m am 80’s guy. That’s my generation.

6.I’ll go with Billy Joel.

On 5/31/2020 at 8:26 AM, Aye my name jeff said:

1. How do you think about how Moscow is doing this year?

2. Who's the team MVP so far?

3. What do you think of our rising stars so far?

4. Who's your VHL Mentor?

5. What's your favorite part of being on Moscow?

6. What do you think of the city itself?

1. I think its okay and somewhat expected, nice to see all the new faces though!

2. Gotta be zoids still for me so far, I set em up for a sweet hatty today?

3. I'm liking the activity on the team lately so im liking the enthusiasm!

4. It is a really tough one, but I'd have to say @Victor

5. I like the constant support we give each other!

6. I don't mind it based on what people have told me, but I think I like others more!

New Questions:

1) What do you think of the 4 new expansion ideas? Exciting idea or happening too fast?

2) Which of the four expansion teams would be most appealing to you to play for?

3) With Gorlab, Smitty, etc leaving a new generation will be taking over for Moscow. Who will the next big name be?

4) Who loves Gritty more, me or @GrittyIsKing09?

5) Do you have any pets? If it is a dog, why have you not posted a picture in the locker room? 

6) Have you applied in the GM signup thread? Is being a GM something that would interest you? 

1.  Exciting

2.Chicago. Love they're logo and team name

3. Me, obviously

4. Me. I have him in my user name

5.I have fish named Finn 

6.  I applied for AGM. At this point in my life, GM is too much.

On 6/17/2020 at 5:09 PM, eaglesfan036 said:

New Questions:

1) What do you think of the 4 new expansion ideas? Exciting idea or happening too fast?

2) Which of the four expansion teams would be most appealing to you to play for?

3) With Gorlab, Smitty, etc leaving a new generation will be taking over for Moscow. Who will the next big name be?

5) Do you have any pets? If it is a dog, why have you not posted a picture in the locker room? 

6) Have you applied in the GM signup thread? Is being a GM something that would interest you? 

1.Its great to see the league is growing.

2.i haven’t played in the States yet so LA would be cool.

3. I hope me (Vin Calia) but Henrik Zoiderberg has already made a name for himself .

4. You of course.

5.2 dogs, Golden Retriever and Yellow Lab

6. just want to concentrate on playing right now

On 6/17/2020 at 3:09 PM, eaglesfan036 said:

New Questions:

1. I haven’t really paid too much attention as of yet.

2. I would like to stay in Moscow if at all possible and I haven’t really looked to check out the expansion teams.

3. Hopefully me haha. ?

4. Definitely you.

5. I have a pitbull cross. I don’t remember if I posted a picture of her yet or not.

6. I have not. At this time, it would be too much responsibility for me.

On 6/17/2020 at 3:09 PM, eaglesfan036 said:

New Questions:

1. I think it's very exciting, but everyone has to remember that this active member count has to be maintained, so there is still lots of work to keep up. 

2. Definitely London United, I'm half British so?.

3. Lagesson will be an important person on the D line for the next couple years.

4. Tie game lol

5. I do! A Lab Retriever cross, I guess she's too cute for ya'll?

6. I would really enjoy the job I think, one day I hope I can get into it!

Exciting, absolutely no question about it.

LA would be a great place to play I think.

Lagesson I'd say.

4) Who loves Gritty more, me or @GrittyIsKing09?

You

I don't have any pets unfortunately.

Absolutely not.

New Questions:

1) Before the season started did you expect Moscow to make the playoffs?

2) Do you think Moscow has any shot at winning the cup this season?

3)  What is your ideal vacation destination (ex beach, mountains, farm, etc).. 

4) Has the corona virus led to you being more or less active on VHL?

5) If you could add any player in the league to Moscow who would you want and why? - Or if your name is Victor and you can't tamper, what is your favorite color? 

6) Have you ever played hockey in real life? 

On 6/26/2020 at 1:08 PM, eaglesfan036 said:

New Questions:

5) If you could add any player in the league to Moscow who would you want and why? - Or if your name is Victor and you can't tamper, what is your favorite color? 

1. I wasn’t very active at that time, but looking back, I probably would have said that I wouldn’t have expected it.

2. Of course we have a shot. Anything can happen in the playoffs. All you have to do is make it there.

3. Definitely mountains are my favourite spot to go while on vacation.

4. It’s not really due to the corona virus, but rather some health issues that have popped up that have led me to be less active.

5. Benny Graves. I had a lot of fun playing on the same team as STZ back in the day.

6. Yes. I played minor hockey for about 10 years and spent most of it as a goaltender.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:08 PM, eaglesfan036 said:

New Questions:

1. Yes I did then, but I wasn't expecting it after the Jet trade.

2. There's always a chance, if we did that would be crazy!

3. Definitely in the middle of nowhere in the mountains.

4. More active for sure.

5. Sigard Gunnar from the Wranglers.

6. Not ice, but I was really big into street hockey. 

On 6/26/2020 at 3:08 PM, eaglesfan036 said:

New Questions:

1 yes

2 yes

3 Paris, Melbourne, Vancouver

4 i joined during COVID, so dunno

5 Condor Adrienne. he is just tearing up the league

6 yes, i still play

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

Before? Yes absolutely.

Gotta have faith.

House on the lake.

More for sure.

I wouldn't mind adding some old players that used to be in the league into the franchise.

My whole life at a competitive level yes.

(For the week starting 06/27)

1. We came out on top in the first round in 6 games against Helsinki. Did you expect that or not and why?

2. All but two games in the Helsinki were decided by one goal, with four finishing with a 3-2 score. Was this series as tight as it looks on paper?

3. In round 2, we were not so lucky, getting swept by Riga. Was this series closer than it seemed or not and why?

4. How satisfied are you with the team performance this season?

5. How satisfied are you with your individual performance this season?

6. With our season officially over, what do you plan to train on in the offseason?

1. I did. We are well coached and were ready for Helsinki.

2.It was. Both teams gave it all.

3.They were the better team but it was a learning experience. We’ll be better from this.

4. I like to win, but overall I liked how we clicked at the end of the season. This was a rebuilding year and we made the 2nd round. That says a lot.

5.Lot of growing pains. I’m used to being on the scoresheet every night. Hopefully next year is better.

6.I’m gonna discuss it with Victor and go from there.

11 hours ago, fever95 said:

1. We came out on top in the first round in 6 games against Helsinki. Did you expect that or not and why?

2. All but two games in the Helsinki were decided by one goal, with four finishing with a 3-2 score. Was this series as tight as it looks on paper?

3. In round 2, we were not so lucky, getting swept by Riga. Was this series closer than it seemed or not and why?

6. With our season officially over, what do you plan to train on in the offseason?

1. That was very unexpected

2. Tight knit

3. Riga was better

4. Pretty content

5. Not really but oh well

6. Whatever the Victator needs

On 7/3/2020 at 9:34 PM, fever95 said:

1. I wasn't surprised, we played decent against them all year.

2. It was close to being as tight as on paper. I think lots of us were expecting 7 games as well.

3. I think it was, but not by much haha, we might have been slightly unlucky to not snag a game, but oh well.

4. I would have liked to see myself with more blocked shots, but I think I did well as a 2 way center.

5. I was very satisfied, I broke my season and playoff records for points.

6. I plan to work on anything thats been decreased. and then get as many stats to 90 as possible for next season. 

(For the week starting 07/06)

1. The Continental Cup features a team that took the least amount of games and a team that took the most amount of games to get there. Who has the upper hand?

2. In your opinion, who was the VHL regular season MVP?

3. Up to this point, who would your vote go to for VHL playoff MVP?

4. Which one of the expansion teams do you expect to have the most successful inaugural season?

5. If you were to be left unprotected in the expansion draft, which one of the expansion teams would you rather have to pick you?

6. With another season almost in the books, how do you expect the Menace to finish next season?

33 minutes ago, fever95 said:

1. The Continental Cup features a team that took the least amount of games and a team that took the most amount of games to get there. Who has the upper hand?

4. Which one of the expansion teams do you expect to have the most successful inaugural season?

5. If you were to be left unprotected in the expansion draft, which one of the expansion teams would you rather have to pick you?

6. With another season almost in the books, how do you expect the Menace to finish next season?

1. Im not too sure who that favours, but I got Calgary winning it.

2. I have no clue to be honest. Its a close race honestly, but I have to go with our goalie. Might be a bit bias but oh well.

3.  Sigard Gunnar. Guys a scoring machine.

4. I honestly dont know. I think whoever gets off to the best start will have an edge over the others.

5. I like the Los Angelos Stars the most I think.

6. Im hoping we can keep on working hard and improve next season

Riga, they're a tough team.

Jet Jaguar, my old teammate.

Sigrad Gunnar seems like a good choice.

I'll say LA, but I really have no idea.

LA. But I'd likely retire if I'm picked up in expansion, I want to finish my last season in Moscow.

About the same as next season, maybe a bit higher.

On 7/8/2020 at 1:27 PM, fever95 said:

1.Rested legs over tired ones

2.Condor Adrienne

3.Sigard Gunnar

4. LA

5. LA

6.Top 3 

On 7/8/2020 at 11:27 AM, fever95 said:

1. Well as I am answering this question late, it looks like Riga had the upper hand?.

2. Condor Adrienne is my vote, 100 points from a D man is filthy. 

3. It's gotta be Sigard Gunnar for me.

4. I am hoping it is London, but I think they all have a pretty equal shot at this point in time.

5. London would be sweet. 

6. Depends on a lot of factors, I think the focus is we are still building up. That may mean losing an older player or two to the expansion draft. 

(For the week starting 07/13)

1. The Continental Cup has been awarded. Did you expect the result that eventually came to fruition?

2. With the Season 72 awards in the books, were there any surprises there for you?

3. The Season 72 World Cup is underway. How is your team doing this far?

4. Which teams do you expect to advance to the medal round of the World Cup?

5. Give your predictions on which teams will take home each World Cup medal.

6. The expansion draft as well as the entry draft have concluded. What kind of shape are the Menace in moving forward to Season 73?